• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@JavaCroc: Hmm.. Why Deoxys? If anybody has a chance it's either Lucario or Mewtwo, sad to say that Deoxys might not be considered at all, regardless of moveset potential.
The roster wasn't based on chance. It was just a "if I were making SSB4, I would do this" roster, or rather a wishlist roster.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Weekends are ate always so tranquil. Cannot wait to get off of work.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I heard Jak & Daxter with good games, but I've always loved the Crash Bandicoot games the best.

And yes Metal Gear themes were epic, more specifically the themes from MGS PSX, those were so good. ^_^
Jak & Daxter are epic. The first isn't all that action-packed (it's more of a traditional platformer), but Jak II and Jak 3 and action a plenty. (albeit the 2nd is very hard; it took me months to beat on the hardest difficulty without cheats; the 3rd took me like 8 hours, but both were fun as hell) The spin-off, Daxter I haven't played, but I've heard good things about it. The recent game though, sucks. I wish Naughty Dogs wouldn't kill it like they killed Crash. C'mon-one up everything, will 'ya?:( :mad: :glare:

And any MGS music would be epic. I'd love to have the music from the boss fights in MGS3 & 4 in, as well as the Old Snake and the two MGS Main themes (the one from MGS1/2 and the one from MGS3/4), as well as a few (more) songs from the PSP MGS games. (ports? Please?)

And c'mon, the game name will be Super Smash Bros. Drunken Irish Bar Fight Addition Featuring REAL BATS made of REAL STEEL!!!... IN IRELAND!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any ideas on what a possible Final Smash for Sukapon could be?

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I've never seen worse roster!

King Boo: I will not waste time commenting on it!
Daisy: Well, perhaps as AT, but is a certain possibility that it is in super mario land 3d ...
Bowser Jr.: I do not like him not, he has good chances to end up like a clone ...
Kamek: I like it, but do not have chances ... perhaps as AT.
Toon Zelda: no longer just the crap that is the toon link ...
Sylux: Ridley? Warning: Lost
New PT: You do not know the anger I feel when I see this suggestion .... It would be a better a alternative team to the original PT, or even two in the same time, but overwritten Red! Never!
Sukapon: Who is this?
Crash: It's ... no!
Isaac: Matthew is better!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sukapon is actually a pretty good choice. He would be a "WTF?!?" character, as ROB and Mr Game and Watch were. He was the main character in Nintendo's first fighting game, Joy Mech Fight. I'm actually a big supporter of him.

But, personally, I'd also like to see Isaac over Matthew.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This song for SSB4. Now.
Yehs.

Cut out the following for now, at least:
  1. Masked Man (as awesome as he is, he isn't deserving enough to warrant a character spot)
  2. Krystal (Star Fox doesn't need four reps, no matter the moveset potential in this case)
  3. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero can live without a second rep)
  4. Either Tingle or Toon Link (Tingle could better represent the cel-shaded games and his own series, but many people would despise his appearance; one or the other)
  5. Either Shulk or Mii

BTW, who is the character in the bottom slot of the fifth column?
That's Isaac :D

I agree Masked Man, Krystal, Goroh, and Tingle are cut-able. Shulk and Mii aren't going anywhere, though. Unfortunately, the rest would probably be either Medusa, Starfy, Ray, Mewtwo, Black Knight, or Bowser Jr... Maybe Slime & Chocobo. AAAA I hate that.

ANYWAY, on the subject of Bowser Jr. Obviously, no one WANTS him to be a clone. I only want him since his moveset could be one of the most unique Smash has ever seen. I really hope Sakurai would look past the BOWSER in his name and REEEALLY THINK "what can I do with him?" If he's to be a clone, then Paper Mario is the next best choice.

Any ideas on what a possible Final Smash for Sukapon could be?
A stage would pop out from under him, and camera would zoom in on him as he tells a joke about one character. Then every character would be STUNNED by UNSTOPPABLE LAUGHTER, giving Sukapon an opportunity to hit every one. The laughter wouldn't stop when he hit someone.

He is a comedian, after all.

Something like that.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Sukapon is actually a pretty good choice. He would be a "WTF?!?" character, as ROB and Mr Game and Watch were. He was the main character in Nintendo's first fighting game, Joy Mech Fight. I'm actually a big supporter of him.

Why they put Ike instead of Roy? Ike is more current, Roy's older ... that's what I think about isaac!

Good Afternoon!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Special wise, he'd be really unique.

B: Homing Fireball
B Down: Paint Blob is created on the floor, causing tripping and damage equivalent to the purple smog in subspace.
B Up: His Clown Car ^_^
Side B is the only Special I'm unsure of.

Final Smash could be any one of his Robots from Super Mario Galaxy.

I just felt Isaac was more iconic to the series, but it wouldn't really matter to me as long as one of them made it in.

EDIT: How could I forget that Sukapon was a comedian! That's make for amazing final smash material, as well as taunts.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who really doesn't like Bowser Jr.?
I mean, I've yet to play Super Mario Sunshine(will get it soon), but the whole shadow Mario thing was sorta lame if you ask me.

Nintendo keeps using the whole dark side thing (Dark Link, Dark Samus, Blood Falcon).

I see moveset potential with the paintbrush, and I don't think he's undeserving, I just really don't like him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hate the Shadow Mario Down B suggestion. He can be perfectly unique on his own. But yeah, I guess to each his own. You either love him or hate him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Over fifteen million copies of RSE bought is worthy of much much more than a Pokeball and a Boss.

How should I look at Pokemon?

I do too, but when it comes to Smash, the anime has a LOT to do with who gets in, unfortunetly.
Oh! I wish that were true... otherwise we would have had Meowth in Smash by now. That's the only Pokemon I really want so bad. :( I want my Pikachu vs. Meowth match.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
What will the next Smash Bros. be called, guys? Place your bets!

Super Smash Bros. ----

Whoever wins gets a reward of their choice.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tussle!

I'm going for Royale. It has a nice ring, especially SSBR.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Bowser Jr. isn't associated with Shadow Mario anymore. That was only Sunshine, and in spinoffs, he still uses a magic paintbrush.

EDIT: there's still many names to choose as a title, like Strife, Fury, Frenzy, Clash, Royale, Chaos, Mayhem, Ultra...

The list can go on.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Oh! I wish that were true... otherwise we would have had Meowth in Smash by now. That's the only Pokemon I really want so bad. :( I want my Pikachu vs. Meowth match.
Arcadenik is back! :bee:

And yes, I'm aware you haven't met me... :p

Anyways, I've seen a couple of suggestions for a Paper Mario level in Adventure mode. Well, how about Yoshi's Island for an Adventure Mode level?

[COLLAPSE=Map 1]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Map 2]
[/COLLAPSE]

(Note: Open the map images in new tabs to get a better look.)

The defining style of this level would obviously be a pastel, crayon-style to all enemies and landscapes. Plus, the original Yoshi's Island game provides some unique obstacles for this level; imagine a wall in the background suddenly falling forward onto the player, crushing him/her unless the player is fast enough to evade it.

And if we got a cave level in Adventure Mode of any sort (which I'm almost certain we will), this song could appear, preferably remixed along the lines of this remix by McVaffe on Overclocked.

EDIT:
What will the next Smash Bros. be called, guys? Place your bets!

Super Smash Bros. ----

Whoever wins gets a reward of their choice.
I predict either Clash or Royale for the next game. I place my bets on Royale.

Personally, though, I like the name Strife for the next game.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
The new Adventure Mode could take the styles of each franchise while having the majority of levels in the style of Smash (whatever that is.) I just hope it's not another SSE.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
SSE's only highlights were the cutscenes and boss fights, IMO.

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
How can I equal the line of the characters? I need help with my character select screen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just reinstating it. In any case, a Starfy themed underwater level would be kinda cool.

EDIT: Can't see the pic.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
So guys I'm making my roster in image form and I'm wondering if I should add a 5th LoZ rep (not including Sheik.) I'm neutral about LoZ getting a fifth rep.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm neutral on it. I, personally, would either include Ghirahim if I knew more about him, or maybe Toon Zelda if she wasn't a clone, which can be done with a Tetra transformation. Not sure on either though at the moment.

Just not Tingle.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
So guys I'm making my roster in image form and I'm wondering if I should add a 5th LoZ rep (not including Sheik.) I'm neutral about LoZ getting a fifth rep.
Eh, I don't think Zelda needs five reps. We've got all the characters we need, and there's not many good candidates for a fifth Zelda spot.

If anyone, it should be either Toon Zelda/Tetra or Ghirahim. There's also Tingle, but... :urg:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No Tingle Java, but yea, Tetra would be nice, but then again Sakurai would most likely end up cloning and luigifing Tetra Zelda if we got her, which wouldn't be good at all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I want Olimar's victory theme to change to the End of Day theme, it fits much better...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Am I the only one who really doesn't like Bowser Jr.?
I mean, I've yet to play Super Mario Sunshine(will get it soon), but the whole shadow Mario thing was sorta lame if you ask me.

Nintendo keeps using the whole dark side thing (Dark Link, Dark Samus, Blood Falcon).

I see moveset potential with the paintbrush, and I don't think he's undeserving, I just really don't like him.
Well the Shadow Mario move set from Brawl thing seems over. Bowser Jr. only became Shadow Mario in Super Mario Sunshine. Since then, he's been in Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii without it.

He could be a great fit as an original character with a few (but not many) similarities to Bowser, kinda like how Lucario was in a few ways similar to Mewtwo, but aside from that, he would be completely different.

I agree that Sukapon could make a great playable character, but Sukpaon just doesn't seem that likely to me IMO.

And Issac over Matthew anyday. I haven't played the newest Golden Sun game, but I've seen some of Matthew in it, and he seems annoying. (like when they made the sequel to Tales of Symphonia, and made that annoying new character after Lloyd was awesome!) Issac is the bomb, as is Felix. Now Issac would be an epic character!

Also, every character needs their own theme. The Link theme suggestion would be awesome. That'd be epic to the max! I always watch that when I start up a Link to the Past! Toon Link should also totally have some version of the main theme of the Wind Waker, Zelda could have Zelda's Lullaby, Ganondorf could have his theme, and Sheik could have the regular Legend of Zelda theme.

Ness should have the EarthBound theme from SSB64/Melee (I loved the Melee one), and Lucas could either have the Brawl Mother 1 theme or the Mother 3 Love theme of some variation. Let's continue this discussion folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom