• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The problems with the Wiimote controls (this includes the Classic Controller) is that it can create radio mix up, and can lead to you losing control when you're at a tournament or venue with a lot of Wiis and Wiimotes. That's why often the Wiimote was banned, albeit nowadays because so few Brawl players use it, it is legal as long as you take out the batteries after every match. Having the same kind of wireless could damage the tournament scene dramatically.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
While I don't mind the Classic Controller (I actually like it a thread less than the Gamecube Controller), using Nintendo's wireless controllers exclusively could potentially kill competitive play for me with all the errors it causes. (why couldn't it be more consistent like the Xbox 360 or PS3 controllers?) If a future Classic Controller on the Wii U controller (assuming it doesn't have this issue), then everything would be a okay! :grin:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Nunchuck and Wiimote IMO suck, I'm never good with those when it comes to Smash. :c

Traditional controllers are way better IMO.

:phone:
Agreed, and that's a big bummer.

But on the bright side, with the Wii U getting Gamecube games on it's VC, that means we get to give Nintendo more money when they re-release the Gamecube controller as an accessory! :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Hopefully, Nintendo or a 3rd Party will think of a solution as far as a USB GNC controller is concerned.

Personally, I don't mind the classic controller pro, but too many tourney**** will be complaining.

They could make another Classic Controller for the Wii U with a design similar to the GC controller, I think they'll do this because GC games will be available for download on the Wii U's Virtual Console; they didn't force to use the Wiimote for the Wii's VC games, so I don't think they'll force us to use the tablet controller for the Wii U's VC games, either.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know why, but for some reason, I find the Nunchuck the easiest. Then again, I'm weird like thatxD

MechaWave

Smash Champion
My parents say "no" too but that's because of money issues atm. If a tourney is in the DFW area they would drive me. But the other problem is I need way more practice.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't mean to sound like I'm DESPERATE or anything, but apparently Sakurai does prefer the GCN controller. I wonder if he would try to find a way, or convince Nintendo, to support it somehow?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sakurai supports the Gamecube Controller because most people play with it. I'm sure he'll either convince Nintendo to port it, or at least make a newer better conventional controller for the Wii U. (judging by the Wii U controller, it looks more high tech, which is good; no signal mix up lag)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
They could make another Classic Controller for the Wii U with a design similar to the GC controller, I think they'll do this because GC games will be available for download on the Wii U's Virtual Console; they didn't force to use the Wiimote for the Wii's VC games, so I don't think they'll force us to use the tablet controller for the Wii U's VC games, either.

Yea, I was pretty much thinking of this myself, I'm pretty much guessing that a Wii-U compatible GNC controller should be made to play with the DLC classic games, it would be pretty horrendous is Nintendo forced you to play with the tablet or the WiiMote, but then again they might just utilize the Classic Pro, which wouldn't be good at all. <_<

MechaWave

Smash Champion
More than likely Nintendo will start making GCN games portable to the Wii U, so maybe they'll be an attachment for the Wii U. I think he'd do that because I think he would want to use the extra screen, don't you guys think?

OmegaXXII

I don't mean to sound like I'm DESPERATE or anything, but apparently Sakurai does prefer the GCN controller. I wonder if he would try to find a way, or convince Nintendo, to support it somehow?
He does? Source??

But yes, Nintendo should definetly come up with some kind of solution, if not a 3rd party manufacturer should, just so tourneys will run smoothly.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, back home now. I'll post my stage concept and character idea in a bit. For now though, I'll leave you with some more findings from Toise. This is more or less random things, still, some of it is interesting:

@Bernie: I'm looking at the JP Wikipedia entries for Brawl/Sakurai/whatnot, and they seem to say that according a Famitsu interview (the same one where they mentioned the Diddy/Dixie team), Ike was chosen by suggestion of the guys at IS. Sakurai supposedly just wanted another FE character in general. Also in that same issue, Sakurai mentioned having made a moveset for the Animal Crossing guy that involved a bug net and a shovel.

@Star: Not sure if it means anything, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai said that his favorite Dragon Quest game is DQ3.
Pretty sure he made the moveset, then reconsidered.

And I really doubt Ike's games mattered as much as Ike himself in being chosen. He's a good guy, it's only game, etc.

edit: Roy's page links to part of Sakurai's post-Melee release blog where he says adding Roy was his idea. Added him to promote the series overall plus the new title (Sakurai's a FE fanboy, so it adds up). Keep in mind that the "anyone from FE" option placed 12th on the Melee poll; Marth was 11th.

My magic Toise money sez: the fact that people are specifically demanding Roy this time means he'll be the #1 pick for any possible FE additions, even with a FE13 starring someone else.
- Sounds like Sakurai got married a few months after Brawl
- Sakurai's favorite character in both 64 and Melee was definitely Captain Falcon (not news)
- Sakurai played Final Fantasy XI at one point
- Some JP Smash wiki has "Why isn't Mega Man in this?" in its FAQ section
- All that Roy business in my edited post above
- Ms. Lippy's car is green

No actual nuggets, not now anyways.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He does? Source??

But yes, Nintendo should definetly come up with some kind of solution, if not a 3rd party manufacturer should, just so tourneys will run smoothly.

He says so on the controls part of the smash dojo. He flat out says he prefers the Gamecube Controller.

As for my opinion on the Gamecube controller, the only thing I don't like about it are:
1. The B button is a tad small.
2. There should be two Z buttons, and they should be bigger.
3. The start button should be bigger.
4. There should be a select button.
5. The control pad isn't that great.

If Nintendo made a new controller that was like the Gamecube controller, had about the same grip (not a big fan of the SNES grip on the Classic Controller), and fixed some of these things that kinda bug me about the Gamecube Controller, I would be all over it! :cool:

Also, seeing as how MGS3 is coming out on the 3DS, it is fairly likely we'll get a Metal Gear Solid stage from that game. If we did, what area would make a good stage in your guys' opinion?

I'd either go with Granzni Grad, The Abandoned Warehouse you save Sokolov from (the first time), or the Shagohad Hanger.

OmegaXXII

More than likely Nintendo will start making GCN games portable to the Wii U, so maybe they'll be an attachment for the Wii U. I think he'd do that because I think he would want to use the extra screen, don't you guys think?
God NO!!

A 3DS as a controller? I hope not, interesting alternative though but shouldn't be the primary way to play DLC content IMO.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Um Omega you completely missed the point. What are you talking about a 3DS controller?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Supposedly during a Brawl demonstration Sakurai was said to be using three GCN controllers at once, Lol. As in, controlling three characters.

Don't care to find a source for that though. :V

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yea, I was pretty much thinking of this myself, I'm pretty much guessing that a Wii-U compatible GNC controller should be made to play with the DLC classic games, it would be pretty horrendous is Nintendo forced you to play with the tablet or the WiiMote, but then again they might just utilize the Classic Pro, which wouldn't be good at all. <_<

Oh god no, the CCP would be terrible. I don't think or at least hope they won't, Wii U already seems like it will have trouble differentiating itself with the Wii, with the whole "the rest of your friends will have to use Wiimotes and CCPs while you use the Wii U controller" thing they had goin' on at E3, and the name and total lack of emphasis on the actual controller, of course.

Also, if they really going to take that risk and believe that this controller alone will bring core gamers back, then they've already failed in that respect. They really need a traditional controller to back themselves up and help win that audience back.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it's no surprise that Sakurai's a FE fanboy, he even took over Iwata's spot in the Iwata Asks interview when Shadow Dragon come out.

Either way this supports my forbidden 7 and roster theory even more and means that FE almost now guaranteed another rep.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
First off, still no critique :urg:

Second, I hate you all. When I go work out, you guys talk about my favorite video gaming series (well before it got bad), Sonic.

Stage ideas?

Let me give some simple things.

City Escape - Truck can come through
Emerald Coast - Fight on the bridge, Orca Whale can come through and destroy parts of the bridge
S&K3 Metal Sonic Battle Area - Metal Sonic as a hazard.

I could think of more but that's it for now.

OmegaXXII

Well it's no surprise that Sakurai's a FE fanboy, he even took over Iwata's spot in the Iwata Asks interview when Shadow Dragon come out.

Either way this supports my forbidden 7 theory even more and means that FE almost now guaranteed another rep.
Agreed!! It's a good thing that Sakurai does show interest, hopefully it will turn out to be a good 3rd FE rep as well. :cool:

I wonder if My Unit would be represented in some way??

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The 3DS controls should work fine. There's enough buttons. The only question I wonder is what would function as the C-stick. Of course smash attacks come out quicker with the C-stick, but so do aerials, which could impact the game play a bit. (I always used the C-stick, even before I saw competitive videos) o.O

And seriously, this song needs to be in a future Smash Bros. game, except fully orchestrated and possibly with a choir to make it even more epic!

And Nintendo is going to release conventional DLC content for their 1st and 2nd party games eventually. Technically Brawl had DLC pictures, stages, and videos... >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom