• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, I'm asking if you think Sakurai's poll will stop us from voting because we will be voting with a foreign IP address?
If I remember last time, Sakurai responded to a Korean Smash fan during his Brawl journal. However, the rules could easily change for Smash 4. However, with the continued shrinkage of the Japanese market, and the continued growth of the Western one, perhaps a bigger voice for the Western Smash fanbase would be warranted.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
New Idea:Upon Wii-U's release,Nintendo will start taking the Capcom approach and start trying to listen to their fans and customers.It'll probably keep them from ****ing up this console. :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Let me ask another question Chrono, since you are the only one at the moment with any kind of information at the moment. As far as B-list/C-list series and third party series, what characters came up?
I did not see much. Most of the posts were actually flames about voice actors and fighting game series.

I don't think I saw Starfy or Saki. But I did see a few for Isaac (Japanese name is Robin) and Ray though.

Overall, I would not give much weight to the topic on the forum. It was basically like viewing the Japanese equivalent of IGN's Smash Bros. board (or at least the topic).

I read the 2ch topic on Smash 4's announcement, and most people did not make any character suggestions. I only saw one for Sukapon, and maybe one for Palutena. The rest of the topic was a flame war about the Wii U.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If I remember last time, Sakurai responded to a Korean Smash fan during his Brawl journal. However, the rules could easily change for Smash 4. However, with the continued shrinkage of the Japanese market, and the continued growth of the Western one, perhaps a bigger voice for the Western Smash fanbase would be warranted.
Well that's good and bad (bad as in the economy).

@Shortie

I'll take a look at your list and see if I can help out.

A character translation list would really come in handy for everybody.

But I gotta go. Back in 45.

army man

Smash Ace
they awoke a sleeping giant........

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I did not see much. Most of the posts were actually flames about voice actors and fighting game series.

I don't think I saw Starfy or Saki. But I did see a few for Isaac (Japanese name is Robin) and Ray though.

Overall, I would not give much weight to the topic on the forum. It was basically like viewing the Japanese equivalent of IGN's Smash Bros. board (or at least the topic).

I read the 2ch topic on Smash 4's announcement, and most people did not make any character suggestions. I only saw one for Sukapon, and maybe one for Palutena. The rest of the topic was a flame war about the Wii U.
Okay.

I just finished getting some information about that Smashcom site. Apparently it is nothing more then blogs, most of which pertain too tournaments and gameplay.

Chris I'm already in my twenties. By the time Smash 4 is released I'll probably be graduated and possibly married.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The most likely sword character newcomers I would say are Takamaru and Magnus (especially in light of Sakurai's comment lamenting how few characters were created in the interim between Brawl and Smash 4 that are worthy for playable inclusion). Samurai Goroh would also have been likely if F-Zero were not a dead series.

Anyway, on the comment of F-Zero, I saw something surprising. Apparently, the idea of Black Shadow taking Ganondorf's current moveset has indeed made its way to Japan. If F-Zero were not dead, I would say that Black Shadow would have had really good chances to make it in Smash 4.
Yes, there's no doubt that Takumaru would surely get in, as for Magnus, I wasn't expecting it as much since Uprising hasn't been released yet, but again this is the japenese community making a lust of wanted characters.

On the subject of F-Zero, alot of people here seem to be suggesting that Black Shadow does not have a likely chance to to Goroh, but what I found interesting is that Ganondorf would somehow squire a new moveset (i.e. a sword or magic based), if that indeed is being suggested then I can truly see Black Shadow becoming the "clone" of Captain Falcon, it does make sense since Black Shadow happens to be from the same franchise anyhow.

Pretty interesting tidbits there, all Im wanting is for Ganondorf to finally get a unique moveset, for thus reason Bkack Shadow should get in, but this is saying if F-Zero does only get 2 reps since it does happen to be a "semi-dead" series at the moment, if Sakurai shows interest in both Samurai Goroh as suggested in Melee's intro and decides to include Black Shadow, then I can definetly see 3 F-Zero reps. happening.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My roster, converted into Japanese language.

スーパーマリオマリオルイージピーチクッパクッパジュニアドンキーコングドンキーコングディディーコングディクシーコングキングK. Roolゼルダリンクゼルダ/シークガノンドロフトゥーンリンクの伝説メトロイドサムス/ゼロスーツサムスリドリーヨッシーヨッシーカービィカービィメタナイトキングデデデスターフォックスフォックスマクラウドファルコロンバルディウルフオドネルレオンPowalskiポケモンピカチュウJigglypuffポケモントレーナー(Oshawott、Servine、Emboar)Zoroark F - ZEROキャプテンファルコンサムライGorohブラックシャドー地縛/母ネスルーカスファイアーエムブレムマースアイク​​光神話パルテナの鏡のピットワリオワリオピクミ​​ンオリマー黄金の太陽アイザック罪と罰早紀伝説のStarfy Starfy任天堂クラシックアイスクライマーミスターゲーム&ウオッチROB高丸ソニックザヘッジホッグソニックテイルスファイナルファンタジー白魔道士黒魔道士

Somewhat redundant, but it might help the Japanese.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not going to worry too much about Smashcom anymore. Most of it is just tournament discussion. There is one last person I'm going to try talking to, hopefully he can help me.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On Sora's official site, it said development for Smash 4 will begin in October, and that development will take from two to three years.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
My roster, converted into Japanese language.

スーパーマリオマリオルイージピーチクッパクッパジュニアドンキーコングドンキーコングディディーコングディクシーコングキングK. Roolゼルダリンクゼルダ/シークガノンドロフトゥーンリンクの伝説メトロイドサムス/ゼロスーツサムスリドリーヨッシーヨッシーカービィカービィメタナイトキングデデデスターフォックスフォックスマクラウドファルコロンバルディウルフオドネルレオンPowalskiポケモンピカチュウJigglypuffポケモントレーナー(Oshawott、Servine、Emboar)Zoroark F - ZEROキャプテンファルコンサムライGorohブラックシャドー地縛/母ネスルーカスファイアーエムブレムマースアイク​​光神話パルテナの鏡のピットワリオワリオピクミ​​ンオリマー黄金の太陽アイザック罪と罰早紀伝説のStarfy Starfy任天堂クラシックアイスクライマーミスターゲーム&ウオッチROB高丸ソニックザヘッジホッグソニックテイルスファイナルファンタジー白魔道士黒魔道士

Somewhat redundant, but it might help the Japanese.
i think am out of ideas for now

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm not going to worry too much about Smashcom anymore. Most of it is just tournament discussion. There is one last person I'm going to try talking to, hopefully he can help me.
I actually did see a request for a Dragon Quest character while reading the topic in question. It was for a generic "Hero" from the series. I actually thought of you while reading it. That was the only Dragon Quest related post I saw.

OmegaXXII

On Sora's official site, it said development for Smash 4 will begin in October, and that development will take from two to three years.
Hopefully we'll vet a DOJO within 2 years time, probably 2013 and such, personally I believe we'll at least get an e3 trailer by 2012, if the pattern stays true to Brawl's that is, but then again there is no given pattern at all so I am just speculating this all.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Hopefully we'll vet a DOJO within 2 years time, probably 2013 and such, personally I believe we'll at least get an e3 trailer by 2012, if the pattern stays true to Brawl's that is, but then again there is no given pattern at all so I am just speculating this all.

they better finish 2012 u never end of the world i dont thing is gonna end. but e3 2013 they better show of the first time ssb4 i cant wait that day to happen.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Nope, you failed, because I'm already going to be. :p

You're over 19 and watch/love My-Litttle-Pony and ur a guy
:facepalm: ..........Do you have a girlfriend?

FYI:You've been out-trolled by a 13 year old.Don't worry,I'm legit. :awesome:

@Star Thanks4 being honset about ur age.You're the only guy on this site(who's older than me,specificly in 20's) that I respect.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I actually did see a request for a Dragon Quest character while reading the topic in question. It was for a generic "Hero" from the series. I actually thought of you while reading it. That was the only Dragon Quest related post I saw.
Haha. That aside, do you know of ToiseOfChoice? Over in the SSB4 discusssion group he has been surfing around and visiting some Japanese boards too. If you are interested you can see his findings or I can relay them too you here?

Also, I have been working on your banner.

@Star Thanks4 being honset about ur age.You're the only guy on this site(who's older than me,specificly in 20's) that I respect.
Gracias, un poco.

OmegaXXII

Yes, I do have a girl, fact is she also loves MLP as well, heck she loves it more than I once I introduced it to her.

Seriously are you actually 13? O_o

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Haha. That aside, do you know of ToiseOfChoice? Over in the SSB4 discusssion group he has been surfing around and visiting some Japanese boards too. If you are interested you can see his findings or I can relay them too you here?

Also, I have been working on your banner.
I have heard of Toise, he used to be a regular here before Smash 4 was announced. I have no knowledge about his information.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have heard of Toise, he used to be a regular here before Smash 4 was announced. I have no knowledge about his information.
Figured you did. Anyways, here were his findings and other comments. Perhaps it will supplement your own?

On another note, I went Japanese message board surfing for the first time in a while. Didn't spend a whole lot of time there, but neat regardless:

- A LOT of people asking for Mewtwo and Roy (also Lucario/Zoroark/Marth/Ike discussions why not)
- K. Rool, Shulk (Xenoblade), and Miis came up regularly
- Square-Enix had the most discussion out of all third-parties (mainly Slime and various FF characters)
- Decent amount of mentions for Mega Man, Professor Layton, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Claus, more F-Zero and Metroid in general, and some Last Story/Zangeki no Reginleiv characters
- Black Shadow-dorf and Ridley's size came up more than once

- Very few mentions for Little Mac or anyone from Golden Sun
- Only one mention for Krystal and Victini each
- Nobody was talking about new Mario, Zelda, or Kid Icarus characters at all
@Chu: Actually, I'd say the most pronounced difference was the lack of Mario character discussion. Everyone here treats it as an inevitability, everybody there figures that series is set. The biggest similarities were Pokemon and DK though.

@Shorts: They actually talked about Capcom quite a bit, just not as much as Square-Enix and not always about Mega Man (some Monster Hunter stuff, I was pleased).

@Star: Well technically your essays will always be in vain, but I know I wouldn't care if I were in your shoes. Also I saw some mentions of Chocobo, but I'm not sure if it was for ChocoSlime.
Didn't I have Sin & Punishment in the "decent amount of mentions" part?

Guess I didn't. Oh well, quite a few people talking about them too. Didn't see anything about Starfy or Custom Robo.
- Feels like almost every third post is about Lucario being replaced with Zoroark
- The following characters come up as "likely to be cut" a lot: Snake, Sonic, Lucario, Ike, Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas, ROB
- Cuts in general seem to be treated as an inevitability; people bitter about Mewtwo and Roy
- Nerf Meta Knight!
- One guy did mention Resident Evil, but for a Nintendo VS Capcom game (sorry Shorts)
- Almost all third-party stuff is Mega Man (quite a few MMZ mentions), Slime/FF, Layton
- Other third parties mentioned: Dante, Luke (Tales), Presea, DQ3 guy, Banjo-Kazooie, Ryu
- K. Rool seems to be THE regular series newcomer everyone's okay with
- A couple people mentioned Krystal and Caeda, but always with the "we need more girls" bit
- Did see a few more Isaac mentions, plus a Starfy
- Way too many people want ****ty anime/Godzilla/Sentai stuff
- Victini comes up a few times, but mostly about the movie (and always "but anyway, Zoroark is our guy")
Yay Slime...

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Thank God for K Rool! And the fact the people in Japan are apparently for Layton makes me so damn happy. If my top two picks make it into Brawl, I'll be satisfied. We still need Starfy and Tom Nook though!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Since the important BUSINESS is getting a bit sidetracked now, I thought I'd post this roster.

I let myself go a bit crazy here, setting a maximum of 55 slots and seeing what characters would best fill it out. I went ahead and gave most established series one extra character.

SO ANYWAY:

First row: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Ness, Captain Falcon, Mii
Second row: Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda/Sheik, Ridley, Meta Knight, Falco, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Lucas, Samurai Goroh, Snake
Third row: Peach, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Pit, King Dedede, Krystal, Jigglypuff, Black Knight, Masked Man, Captain Olimar, Sonic
Fourth row: Bowser, Yoshi, Toon Link, Medusa, Starfy, Wolf, Mewtwo, Little Mac, Shulk, Ray, Slime & Chocobo
Fifth row: Bowser Jr., Wario, Tingle, Takamaru, Isaac, Saki, Zoroark, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Mega Man

That's 55 slots, 59 characters overall, with 21 newcomers. Originally I had Captain Syrup, but I cut her in favor of Shulk. :awesome: He's new. He's popular. I'm not familiar with him in the slightest, but I'll accept he should be expected.

I really wanted to put Jiro (Gyro?) on there, but I'm not really ...convinced on him yet. He seems a lot like Sonic, and Nintendo is hardly promoting him. He's hardly that popular either. HE LOOKS COOL, AND SMASH IS SEVERELY LACKING IN THE COWBOY ARMADILLO DEPARTMENT, but I just couldn't put him on my list. u3u

I would very much like to see more discussion on Jiro and Shulk.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Since the important BUSINESS is getting a bit sidetracked now, I thought I'd post this roster.

I let myself go a bit crazy here, setting a maximum of 55 slots and seeing what characters would best fill it out. I went ahead and gave most established series one extra character.

SO ANYWAY:

First row: Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Ness, Captain Falcon, Mii
Second row: Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda/Sheik, Ridley, Meta Knight, Falco, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Lucas, Samurai Goroh, Snake
Third row: Peach, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Pit, King Dedede, Krystal, Jigglypuff, Black Knight, Masked Man, Captain Olimar, Sonic
Fourth row: Bowser, Yoshi, Toon Link, Medusa, Starfy, Wolf, Mewtwo, Little Mac, Shulk, Ray, Slime & Chocobo
Fifth row: Bowser Jr., Wario, Tingle, Takamaru, Isaac, Saki, Zoroark, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., Mega Man

Originally I had Captain Syrup, but I cut her in favor of Shulk. :awesome: He's new. He's popular. I'm not familiar with him in the slightest, but I'll accept he should be expected.

I really wanted to put Jiro (Gyro?) on there, but I'm not really ...convinced on him yet. He seems a lot like Sonic, and Nintendo is hardly promoting him. He's hardly that popular either. HE LOOKS COOL, AND SMASH IS SEVERELY LACKING IN THE COWBOY ARMADILLO DEPARTMENT, but I just couldn't put him on my list. u3u

I would very much like to see more discussion on Jiro and Shulk.
I was like "Wow, this roster is actually awesome! WAIT.... NO LAYTON?!!!! EEEEEAAAAARRRGGGHH!!!!" I am disappoint, son. Also, what's with the lack of love for Tom Nook. Has he lost ALL of his support?!

OmegaXXII

Thank God for K Rool! And the fact the people in Japan are apparently for Layton makes me so damn happy. If my top two picks make it into Brawl, I'll be satisfied. We still need Starfy and Tom Nook though!
Yes, we need Layton in smash, what the deal with Starfy anyhow? I know he's popular and all, but does that little bitty ****** Star actually thaat good of a character? I don't find him amusing at all , if anything i'd rather see Slime instead, i don't want to many obscore looking characters, of course this is all in IMHO, so don't flame me.

so your going to college eh? my older brother is going to Rice university in Houston, he's smart unlike me
Houston? Yea, I'm actually going to UT myself, it's exciting. :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To Starphoenix:

Any link to Toise's observations. They sound similar to what I saw for the most part.

OmegaXXII

Ha! No Victini!! SSBF isn't going to approve of this roster lol so don't expect him to be appraised by him so much lol..

But I don't mind, at least you have The Black Knight on there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom