• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I assume it's not as difficult for fellow westerners to access the kind of sites we're planning now? If it's open to the US, it should be open to most other nations... right?

ANYWAY, Shortie, I think an e-mail reminder option would be nice. Obviously, not a necessity. Giving e-mail address as a requirement is (in my mind, at least) always a turn-off. So, y'know, just little "If you would like..." at the bottom or something wouldn't hurt. OF COURSE, there's the question of who would ever want to be responsible for handling a bunch of peoples e-mails, lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I can't believe that I forgot that this isn't only an American board :awesome:

All countries should be able to vote, but I can only help the ones who can speak English. My spanish USED to be good. But not anymore. :/

ANYWAY, Shortie, I think an e-mail reminder option would be nice. Obviously, not a necessity. Giving e-mail address as a requirement is (in my mind, at least) always a turn-off. So, y'know, just little "If you would like..." at the bottom or something wouldn't hurt. OF COURSE, there's the question of who would ever want to be responsible for handling a bunch of peoples e-mails, lol.
I can handle it. :3

Anyways, I have these characters on my list:

1. Ray MK
2. Starfy
3. Paper Mario
4. Roy
5.King K. Rool
6. Victini
7. Lip
8. Deoxys
9. Black Knight
10. Toad
11. Saki
12. Slime
13. Chocobo

Anyone else? I have some ideas, but I want some of you guys to give me your imput.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I cant wait for smash bros. 4! Although, Wii u isnt compatible with gamecube controllers, so i doubt we will be able to use them.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

1. Ray MK
2. Starfy
3. Paper Mario
4. Roy
5.King K. Rool
6. Victini
7. Lip
8. Deoxys
9. Black KnightBl
10. Toad
11. Saki
12. Slime
13. Chocobo

Anyone else? I have some ideas, but I want some of you guys to give me your imput.
Ideas? Sure but what does this lust pertain to? Character Alliances on your site?

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ideas? Sure but what does this lust pertain to? Character Alliances on your site?

Characters.

I already received a PM back from Gheb, apparently he doesn't have an account with that board. But he has told me he'll tell me some other things though if I'm interested.
What are your thoughts?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

1. Ray MK
2. Starfy
3. Paper Mario
4. Roy
5.King K. Rool
6. Victini
7. Lip
8. Deoxys
9. Black Knight
10. Toad
11. Saki
12. Slime
13. Chocobo

Don't forget リドリー / Ridorii / Ridley BD

BDDD

Would it be important for "PCAM" or whatever it is now to "market" characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Paper Mario (JERKS), Slime, and Mega Man to allow the other characters to essentially piggyback off their popularity.

Even though that's a dirty thing to do.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Something I've been thinking about is how to make comics that address Ridley's issues in a humorous way, without text. Short ones at that. Something silly that people would want to spread around.

...Maybe some Japanesey sound effects would be necessary though.
Serious Nintendo Japanese gamers loves Ridley probably as much as the rest of us do, maybe minus the Prime series. I imagine the Japanese smash community want him as badly as the rest of us.

You're right... but so should Canadians, Mexicans, British, Australian, y'know... all the rest of Europe and the world.
Europe, the rest of North America, Australia, and South America smashers should all definitely be included in these polls, as well Asian smashers outside of Japan, and any African smashers (not sure I've seen more than 2 or 3). Most of these countries/continents are pretty well represented on the smashboards, and I imagine they'll all have more voices on here once a trailer or further detailed is revealed.

Also, I'm pretty sure Nintendo lurks these forums, and the smash community already has some "allies." As I've mentioned before, we're a huge and devoted fanbase, and I'm pretty sure most of our "wants," as they are easy to recognize and accomplish.

The guy who created and hosts the Pokémon site "Serebii.net" was one of the first to leak the roster. I doubted his source, but what he said was true (not 3rd party characters outside of Sonic and Snake, Lucario in and Mewtwo and Pichu out, etc).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What are your thoughts?
I think he does have access to some boards so I'm going to get some general information and even see ifI can go look at them myself.

Edit:Nevemind, what about Toise though, doesn't he have access as well?

I don't know about that site. Problem is you need a Japanese phone to complete registration. Otherwise I'd be able to access it by now.

I need to soak my mind after visiting 4chan... I posted some things there, problem is I don't know how to find the images. Sifting through there is such a nightmare. Have no clue what their idea of worksafe is but it's not the same as mine!

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Don't forget リドリー / Ridorii / Ridley BD

BDDD

Would it be important for "PCAM" or whatever it is now to "market" characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Paper Mario (JERKS), Slime, and Mega Man to allow the other characters to essentially piggyback off their popularity.

Even though that's a dirty thing to do.
And dont forget ridley

OmegaXXII

@Omega: Tell me what you think of my Slime and Chocobo stage concept?

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13169654&postcount=76
I must say it's magnificent indeed, the scenery from both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy would be genius, it would be a 2 in 1 themed stage. The spiral tower definetly reminds me of Dragon Quest VIII, so awesome. :rolleyes:

Also I noticed you mentioned enemies and such, would moogles or other such things act as stage hazard? Or would they simply just show up in the background?

Overall I loved the whole rotating thong as well, it definetly has that classy RPG look ghat I would expect from such a series, the music choices are good as well, more music from VIII and maybe adragon Swords would have been good as well IMO, not the best selections but very interesting to have FF VII and FFX music as well, I enjoyed it alot.

Now if we can only get Slime & Chocobo in Smash 4, hmm ...

Where's that group link for Slime? I am in the mood for some debating right now, really.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I must say it's magnificent indeed, the scenery from both Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy would be genius, it would be a 2 in 1 themed stage. The spiral tower definetly reminds me of Dragon Quest VIII, so awesome. :rolleyes:

Also I noticed you mentioned enemies and such, would moogles or other such things act as stage hazard? Or would they simply just show up in the background?

Overall I loved the whole rotating thong as well, it definetly has that classy RPG look ghat I would expect from such a series, the music choices are good as well, more music from VIII and maybe adragon Swords would have been good as well IMO, not the best selections but very interesting to have FF VII and FFX music as well, I enjoyed it alot.

Now if we can only get Slime & Chocobo in Smash 4, hmm ...

Where's that group link for Slime? I am in the mood for some debating right now, really.

They'd be cameos, not hazards.

I tried representing as many series as I could. That is why I didn't overload with one series.

Otherwise I'd have added these songs.

Dragon Quest II - Endless World
Dragon Quest VIII - Mysterious Tower

You know what, I actually can edit my music selection.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I actually visited a Japanese Smash forum recently to see what they wanted for Smash 4. Surprisingly, there was little consensus on who should be in. I did see a lot of requested though for Roy and Mewtwo to return though. Most of the suggestions for characters we want only got two suggestions, with the majority of suggestions being stuff you would see suggested on IGN's boards (a lot of obscure fighting game and anime characters were suggested). The topic regularly became a flame war between several posters about absurd topics about the relevance of obscure fighting series and voice actors.

Overall, I think most Japanese Smash fans were satisfied with Brawl's roster, which is why there was practically no characters suggestions outside of Roy and Mewtwo. I think the Western Smash Bros. fanbase is trending toward this too, with the only characters there being a consensus in regards to inclusion being Ridley, Mega Man, Isaac, Little Mac, and K. Rool.

OmegaXXII

They'd be cameos, not hazards.

I tried representing as many series as I could. That is why I didn't overload with one series.
Yes, I thought so.

Anyway what about that Kirby project you mentioned to Hex? I am still puzzled by your earlier statement towards that.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
I actually visited a Japanese Smash forum recently to see what they wanted for Smash 4. Surprisingly, there was little consensus on who should be in. I did see a lot of requested though for Roy and Mewtwo to return though. Most of the suggestions for characters we want only got two suggestions, with the majority of suggestions being stuff you would see suggested on IGN's boards (a lot of obscure fighting game and anime characters were suggested). The topic regularly became a flame war between several posters about absurd topics about the relevance of obscure fighting series and voice actors.

Overall, I think most Japanese Smash fans were satisfied with Brawl's roster, which is why there was practically no characters suggestions outside of Roy and Mewtwo. I think the Western Smash Bros. fanbase is trending toward this too, with the only characters there being a consensus in regards to inclusion being Ridley, Mega Man, Isaac, Little Mac, and K. Rool.
Good to see Mewtwo and Roy support. Especially Roy for you, Chrono.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

1. Ray MK
2. Starfy
3. Paper Mario
4. Roy
5.King K. Rool
6. Victini
7. Lip
8. Deoxys
9. Black Knight
10. Toad
11. Saki
12. Slime
13. Chocobo

We need a lot more options than that! :laugh:

Let me give my basic thought on a possible character list to propose (I'm excluding characters in Brawl):

Melee Cuts:
Dr. Mario
Young Link Ocarina of Time/Marjora's Mask version (optional; maybe combine it with Toon Link or leave it out)
Mewtwo
Pichu
Roy

~Newcomers~
Mario series:
Paper Mario
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Wart (retro and awesome!; you don't really need to add him, though)
*shurgs, struggles, and passes out* Waluigi (Wafillerigi as I call him)

Donkey Kong series:
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda:
Vatti
*struggles and starts choking himself* Tingle (hopefully Japan smashers hates filler like the rest of us!)

Metroid:
Ridley
Dark Samus
A Metroid (for the lulz)

Yoshi Series:
Kamek
Baby Mario (? Why not=???)

Kirby:
Knuckle Joe
(I can't think of any other, albeit any seem far fetched)

Star Fox Series:
Krystal

Pokémon:
Meowth
Deoxys
Jirachi
Plusle and Minun
New Pokémon Trainer (don't give specifics, other than it is different from the current Pokémon Trainer)
*enter extensive list of 5th Generation Pokémon here*

F-Zero:
Samuarai Goroh
Blood Falcon
Black Shadow

EarthBound:
Ninten
Jeff
Masked Man/Claus

Fire Emblem:
Lyn
The Black Knight
*new Fire Emblem character*

Kid Icarus:
Medusa
Palutena

Pikmin:
Louie

Retro/Other:
Takuma
Lip
Balloon Fighter
Bubbles (from Clu-Clu Land)
Mach Rider
Chibi Robo
Ray MK
Saki
Starfy
Miis
*others you can think of that aren't shots in the dark*

3rd Party:
Naked Snake/Big Boss (perhaps as an alternate outfit for Snake?)
Tails
Knuckles
*shrugs* Shadow
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Simon Belmont
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Chocobo/other Final Fantasy character
Geno/Mallow/other Super Mario RPG character
Edit: Crono, because Chrono Trigger is awesomeness times awesomeness squared to the square root of awesomeness!!!!!!! :cool:

I made a lot of choices, because people like a lot of choices! :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here's the list so far, I've already gotten some Japanese versions of their names. Some are harder to find. Thanks for posting King K. Rool's I couldn't find it!

[COLLAPSE="List of eventual translated character choices"]Super Mario/Yoshi/Wario Characters
• Toad
• Bowser Jr.
• Paper Mario
• Kamek
• Mona Pizza
• Captain Syrup
• Ashley
Donkey Kong Series
• Diddy and Dixie
• Dixie Kong
• King K. Rool
The Legend Of Zelda
• Young Link
• Tingle
• Ghirahim
Metroid
• Ridley
• Dark Samus
• Anthouny Higgs
Kirby Superstar
• Prince Fluff
StarFox
• Krystal
F-Zero
• Black Shadow
• Samurai Goroh
Mother
• Claus/Masked Man
Fire Emblem
• Roy
• Black Knight
• Caeda
Pokemon
• Mewtwo
• Deoxys
• Victini
• Zoroark
• Meowth
• New Pokemon Trainer
Small Franchises
• Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
• Isaac (Golden Sun)
• Kanan (The Last Story)
• Lip (Panel De Pon)
• Mii (Wii series)
• Ray MK III (Custom Robo)
• Saki (Sin and Punishment)
• Shulk (Xenoblade)
• Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
• Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
• Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
• Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Third Party characters:
• Bomberman
• Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
• Slime (Dragon Quest)
• Chocobo (Final Fantasy)
• Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
• Sora (Kingsom Hearts)
• Megaman
• Pac-Man
• Professor Layton
• Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
• Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
• Ryu (Stret Fighter)
• Geno (Super Mario RPG)
[/COLLAPSE]

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Interesting. Another guy went to some other boards and drew some of his own analysis from it.

Right now I'm currently talking with someone who is giving me a 101 on the subject.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
We need a lot more options than that! :laugh:

Let me give my basic thought on a possible character list to propose (I'm excluding characters in Brawl):

Melee Cuts:
Dr. Mario
Young Link Ocarina of Time/Marjora's Mask version (optional; maybe combine it with Toon Link or leave it out)
Mewtwo
Pichu
Roy

~Newcomers~
Mario series:
Paper Mario
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Wart (retro and awesome!; you don't really need to add him, though)
*shurgs, struggles, and passes out* Waluigi (Wafillerigi as I call him)

Donkey Kong series:
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Legend of Zelda:
Vatti
*struggles and starts choking himself* Tingle (hopefully Japan smashers hates filler like the rest of us!)

Metroid:
Ridley
Dark Samus
A Metroid (for the lulz)

Yoshi Series:
Kamek
Baby Mario (? Why not=???)

Kirby:
Knuckle Joe
(I can't think of any other, albeit any seem far fetched)

Star Fox Series:
Krystal

Pokémon:
Meowth
Deoxys
Jirachi
Plusle and Minun
New Pokémon Trainer (don't give specifics, other than it is different from the current Pokémon Trainer)
*enter extensive list of 5th Generation Pokémon here*

F-Zero:
Samuarai Goroh
Blood Falcon
Black Shadow

EarthBound:
Ninten
Jeff
Masked Man/Claus

Fire Emblem:
Lyn
The Black Knight
*new Fire Emblem character*

Kid Icarus:
Medusa
Palutena

Pikmin:
Louie

Retro/Other:
Takuma
Lip
Balloon Fighter
Bubbles (from Clu-Clu Land)
Mach Rider
Chibi Robo
Ray MK
Saki
Starfy
Miis
*others you can think of that aren't shots in the dark*

3rd Party:
Naked Snake/Big Boss (perhaps as an alternate outfit for Snake?)
Tails
Knuckles
*shrugs* Shadow
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Simon Belmont
Slime (Dragon Quest)
Chocobo/other Final Fantasy character
Geno/Mallow/other Super Mario RPG character

I made a lot of choices, because people like a lot of choices! :cool:
what about baby peach and bowser huh.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here's the list so far, I've already gotten some Japanese versions of their names. Some are harder to find. Thanks for posting King K. Rool's I couldn't find it!

[COLLAPSE="List of eventual translated character choices"]Super Mario/Yoshi/Wario Characters
• Toad
• Bowser Jr.
• Paper Mario
• Kamek
• Mona Pizza
• Captain Syrup
• Ashley
Donkey Kong Series
• Diddy and Dixie
• Dixie Kong
• King K. Rool
The Legend Of Zelda
• Young Link
• Tingle
• Ghirahim
Metroid
• Ridley
• Dark Samus
• Anthouny Higgs
Kirby Superstar
• Prince Fluff
StarFox
• Krystal
F-Zero
• Black Shadow
• Samurai Goroh
Mother
• Claus/Masked Man
Fire Emblem
• Roy
• Black Knight
• Caeda
Pokemon
• Mewtwo
• Deoxys
• Victini
• Zoroark
• Meowth
• New Pokemon Trainer
Small Franchises
• Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
• Isaac (Golden Sun)
• Kanan (The Last Story)
• Lip (Panel De Pon)
• Mii (Wii series)
• Ray MK III (Custom Robo)
• Saki (Sin and Punishment)
• Shulk (Xenoblade)
• Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
• Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
• Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
• Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
Third Party characters:
• Bomberman
• Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
• Slime (Dragon Quest)
• Chocobo (Final Fantasy)
• Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
• Sora (Kingsom Hearts)
• Megaman
• Pac-Man
• Professor Layton
• Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)