• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I personally hate how Sakurai copies specials of another character in the same franchise and just give them different attributes. It's okay if it makes sense (like Link & Toon Link, Ness & Lucas) but he didn't have to do it to Luigi and the Space Animals.
Actually, Luigi would make the most sense to have similar specials to Mario. He and Mario are the Ken and Ryu of this game, no doubt. It makes less sense to give Toon Link and Lucas similar specials when there's plenty of stuff they can choose from.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, Toise just responded to my question about B-list/C-list series.

Didn't I have Sin & Punishment in the "decent amount of mentions" part?

Guess I didn't. Oh well, quite a few people talking about them too. Didn't see anything about Starfy or Custom Robo.
Previously he stated he did not see any discussion surrounding Golden Sun either.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
TBH I would hang out there rather than here but you need a mobile phone to join the majority of Japanese websites. 9_9

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
hopefully no clones added to that roster
Agreed, I just HATED the idea of clones in the first place, it's uncreative and shows how lazy Sakurai is by slapping on a characters moveset onto another character, even if it is from time contraints, it shouldn't happen at all.

:phone:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
List of popular characters in Japan.
Terrific find...it's great to see K. Rool having "brothers" in Japan doesn't hurt his popularity at all.

While you were there, did you notice any discussion about adventure modes? Do the Japanese users want another Subspace Emissary, or do they hate it like the majority of the American users I've seen, and want something new?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
On top of delivering another stage concept, it is going to be a guest stage. I've been creating a lot of different resources for the Slime and Chocobo group lately. Currently a moveset is being hammered out and a Kirby Hat concept has already been established. Now it's time to talk about something else important, a stage.

Since it would be unfair for one or the other to exclusively have a stage as they are a team. Something creative will have to be done to remedy this problem. They can't not have a stage. What should be done? Hmm...

I feel in this instance we would likely see a similar situation as with "Castle Siege", where we have a conglomerate stage taking the many elements from both series and bringing them into one idea. Since towers are the most present theme in every game within both series, how about a tower stage? But what should it be called? Let's call our mystery tower the "Endless Tower".

Endless Tower would be a mixture between Dragon Quest's style and that of Final Fantasy. The tower's design will be reflective of the Dragon Quest design while the backdrop will be styled after Final Fantasy, multiple moons and all. As for the tower itself, the notable thing about this stage is it' design. You will have two floors to fight on. Think of Spear Pillar and it's two levels, except refined. To the left and right of the stage are large windows that open the stage up from the sides, which will allow for accessing the second floor or KO'ng opponents to the side. One winding staircase can be seen along the background the first floor leading to the second, but it is only for decor. Stairs are for lazy individuals. :p

Scaling the tower won't prove very difficult as two drop down platforms will linger between each floor outside the stage. Allowing easy access to each floor.

Torches will align the back of each floor. Pillars will abound, bringing a sense of depth to the stage as they will be placed between the windows and the battlefield. An enormous stone window on each floor are behind the players; allowing to see the ocean, land, and sky. Miniature shapes of famous Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy enemies will move along the grass below. Airships of Final Fantasy fame will occasionally pass the sky along with Pegasus and the Starflight Express of Dragon Quest fame.

Stage Example:

...._____________________________
__....................................................__
++_____________________________++

Stage Name: Endless Tower
Stage Icon: Crystal Sword

-Tracks-
Final Fantasy - Battle Scene (Dissidia)
Final Fantasy III - Vs. Dark Cloud
Final Fantasy IV - Boss Theme
Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge
Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad
Final Fantasy VII - One Winged Angel
Final Fantasy X - Fight with Seymour
Dragon Quest - Overture/Title Theme
Dragon Quest III - Fighting Spirit/Zoma
Dragon Quest V - Monsters In The Dungeon/Tower of Death
Dragon Quest VI - Pegasus
Dragon Quest VII - World of the Strong
Dragon Quest VIII - Great Battle in the Vast Sky
Dragon Quest VIII - Sanctuary

Splurged a little on the music, but I can't help myself. I'm an addict I say. Anyways, hopefull this does both series justice. Let me know what you guys think.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
So "PCAM" is to be interpreted as Project: Character Alliance Movement?

I'm trying to think through how we can package this in a way that could go mainstream, and I'm a little concerned about the redundancy of "Project" and "Movement"

....if you're open to retooling that is.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
@Hex:

1. Access the Japanese Smash community. You however need a Japanese phone which is preventing many of us accessing the site.
2. Use Google Translate and bombard the speculation thread.
3. ?????
4. Sakurai will take a glance.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Terrific find...it's great to see K. Rool having "brothers" in Japan doesn't hurt his popularity at all.

While you were there, did you notice any discussion about adventure modes? Do the Japanese users want another Subspace Emissary, or do they hate it like the majority of the American users I've seen, and want something new?
Actually thank ToiseOfChoice, he is the one doing the research. I was just posting his comments.

So "PCAM" is to be interpreted as Project: Character Alliance Movement?

I'm trying to think through how we can package this in a way that could go mainstream, and I'm a little concerned about the redundancy of "Project" and "Movement"

....if you're open to retooling that is.
I'm not opposed to it, but SSBF is the one in control primarily. :p

My goal is to figure out how I can tap into the Japanese community?

@Hex:

1. Access the Japanese Smash community. You however need a Japanese phone which is preventing many of us accessing the site.
2. Use Google Translate and bombard the speculation thread.
3. ?????
4. Sakurai will take a glance.
It's only asking for an email and password?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It's only asking for an email and password?
When you sign-up it requires you to enter your mobile e-mail address, something only Japan has. You need a Japanese phone to get one.

Usually foreigners who visit Japan get one for the time being, and some remember they can join many websites they couldn't before.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Bummer we can't access it, I was hopeing to practice my Japanese. :p

But oh well, just as long as we can get access to a possible Sakurai poll.

Either way it seems we'll have to wait for who ever this Toise guy is to look into it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Reason I ask is because when somebody sees the logo for "PCAM," there's really no way for them to know that it's associated with SSB4... and recognizability is imperative for a movement like this to catch on.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Maybe Toise could make separate accounts for us? I dunno. Or better yet, if Toise can't do that maybe we can tell Toise to post things there. Paper Mario Paper Mario Paper Mario Paper Mario

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Reason I ask is because when somebody sees the logo for "PCAM," there's really no way for them to know that it's associated with SSB4... and recognizability is imperative for a movement like this to catch on.
Yeah... That would be my fault... Wanted to redo it anyways. Didn't much like it.

So... Anyone have any thoughts on my "Endless Tower" concept?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Maybe Toise could make separate accounts for us? I dunno. Or better yet, if Toise can't do that maybe we can tell Toise to post things there. Paper Mario Paper Mario Paper Mario Paper Mario
Toise is an actually member of this site. He posted in the old SSB4 thread before it was announced. He hangs out in a social group made by old members. Star, Shortie, Kuma and Myself are also in there.

He said that there is no Mario talk, so there hasn't been anything about Paper Mario.

BTW, where did you guys find this site anyway?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good point, or maybe it would be easier to just post the character we discuss the most. I'm thinking 5th Gen Pokemon, FE characters, Ridley, Little Mac, Issac, and Takamaru.

I'm cool with Paper Mario. :cool:

In the meantime while I wait for the Thread to start up again, I'll be playing ファイアーエムブレム外伝 (can anyone figure out what I'm playing? :awesome:), later.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Toise is an actually member of this site. He posted in the old SSB4 thread before it was announced. He hangs out in a social group made by old members. Star, Shortie, Kuma and Myself are also in there.

He said that there is no Mario talk, so there hasn't been anything about Paper Mario.

BTW, where did you guys find this site anyway?
MechaWave posted it. From what I've seen him post he seems to understand Japanese.

However, if somebody could access the site AND read through it. We could probably get a very good grasp of the Japanese Smash fanbases' pulse.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
well it's not the logo itself. Or banner rather. Not really a logo. It's the acronym. When I first got here, I saw people talking about "PCAM" and had no idea what the heck it was.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
well it's not the logo itself. Or banner rather. Not really a logo. It's the acronym. When I first got here, I saw people talking about "PCAM" and had no idea what the heck it was.
Oh... Well I still don't care for it. lol

Yes that is why when I typically spell out my acronyms. It allows people to understand what you are saying.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
MechaWave posted it. From what I've seen him post he seems to understand Japanese.

However, if somebody could access the site AND read through it. We could probably get a very good grasp of the Japanese Smash fanbases' pulse.
I can help but I can't access the site without a Japanese phone.

I would love to help and provide information as much as possible but with no access there isn't any possible way. If someone here has access but doesn't understand Japanese I could translate most of it.

@---: Fire Emblem Gaiden.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can help but I can't access the site without a Japanese phone.

I would love to help and provide information as much as possible but with no access there isn't any possible way. If someone here has access but doesn't understand Japanese I could translate most of it.

@---: Fire Emblem Gaiden.
Guess the first step is hunting down someone with a mobile web address.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Sorry guys but school is about to be in full effect so doing anything japanese related for you guys would either be really delayed or never gotten too.

I think echi might do it though.

:(

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Geez. Nsider is quite a place.

I decided to go advertise my alliances there, and all I got is mostly some sort of negative responses, one of them being even a troll post. (-l_i-)

The alliances were of course Panel De Pwnage (< I was said I should learn to title and they all overrated Lip's obscureness to the point of one saying she's as likely as Doki Doki Panic-characters and Arle Nadja, lol) and Project Shooting Star (which was said to be some kind of waste of time, they overrated Starfy's chances and said there's already a topic.)

I think I don't want to go into Nsider for a long time.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Oh Horsetail. Stick with us. ♥ Places like those are full of unreliable meanie faces. :[

Also lol@Starfy.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, after all I thought of trying to advertise. I guess I picked a wrong choice. (-ll-);

EDIT: Also, one guy said petitions (of our alliances, probably) will never make cut, since this is SAKURAI we're talking about.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Sakurai likes to take feedback from the Smash audience, petitions aren't very effective but he probably does see them. He asks for people's input when he wants to include someone and has trouble deciding (the Melee/Brawl polls are good evidence.)

MechaWave

Smash Champion
No, not really. Sakurai doesn't speak English well. This time around he'll probably ask for input from everyone, not just Japan. He'll need translators, as all.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Nsider is full of cynics now....

mostly.

@PCAM guys: you think "Character Alliance Project" or "Character Alliance movement" would work?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Geez. Nsider is quite a place.

I decided to go advertise my alliances there, and all I got is mostly some sort of negative responses, one of them being even a troll post. (-l_i-)

The alliances were of course Panel De Pwnage (< I was said I should learn to title and they all overrated Lip's obscureness to the point of one saying she's as likely as Doki Doki Panic-characters and Arle Nadja, lol) and Project Shooting Star (which was said to be some kind of waste of time, they overrated Starfy's chances and said there's already a topic.)

I think I don't want to go into Nsider for a long time.
Yeah Nsider is very strict on advertising. That is why I didn't advertise my page, I simply set up a page to discuss the character. I'm about to go to IGN and post something there. What I'm dreading is going to Gamefaqs...

Nsider is full of cynics now....

mostly.

@PCAM guys: you think "Character Alliance Project" or "Character Alliance movement" would work?
Characer Alliance Project is better. It's a little much to call it a movement since it is very localized at the moment.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
@Star: mind waiting until I can hook you up with a nice looking template to use? Or are you rather just going to start discussion?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The only goal for any alliance is to gain enough support mostly in the Japanese community to ensure votes for their particular character in the case of a poll.

"Do you want X for Sm4sh? If not, here's why you should. Does X have your vote? Here is how to vote for X. Would you like to be reminded when the poll comes out?"

Every pitch should be something along those lines. Except, y'know, with more smooth talking.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm, I see. Thanks for briefing Star. (-lvl-)

Oasis S: wow, that would be quite effective. Now just to find a good place in some japanese site which has lots on Smash-fans and try that... (-l,l-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom