• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
That'll be a lot of money for stages, even if they are $1 a pop.

And I don't know why Sakurai couldn't just implement those stages beforehand. With characters maybe he forgot somebody or wanted to add another, same with stages. But the stages you talked about could just be in the game already.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
In my opinion, Mewtwo did not have to go back! He has done a very important role in Melee, but now it is not time for him ... we have Zoroark or Victini to use this position. In my opinion too, we no longer need Lucario! He has also played its role in Brawl, but now we have give space to Vicniti or Zoroark. Well, Pokemon is a series that is in constant motion, going to cut and sow! A roster pokemon perfect for me would be:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer Red
Second Pokemon Trainer (Blue, Green, Giovanni, Team Rocket, N, Yellow, and so on ...)
Zoroark

Well, please do not start to throw stones, it is only my opinion!

Good Morning!
I actually made a moveset for Unova Trainer I think it's a couple pages back its a little long but I could pm it to you.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay, here is my version, I bolded in magenta with what I disagree with.

[collapse="Mecha's Roster"]Characters with * means they are probable unless otherwise stated.

Mario
• Mario
• Luigi
• Peach
• Bowse
• Some fifth character might be in. I'm expecting Bowser Jr. or Toad.

This I pretty much agree with, no complaints here, definetly either Toad or Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong
• Donkey Kong
• Diddy Kong
• Dixie Kong
• King K. Rool*

Okay, the reason I say this is because she might be put in as a duo character, since Sakurai showed interest in a duo consisting of Diddy and Dixie, what makes you think he won't bring back the idea, at the very least he might consider it again, so the possibility of it happening is very much real.

Yoshi
• Yoshi
• Kamek*

Okay, first I'm not too sure about Yoshi's franchise, but IMO I see Kamek more AT material than anything, sure if Sakurai considers it, it might happen, personally I'm agaisnt Kamek's inclusion

Wario
• Wario

Nothing to be said here, Wario is fine as is.

Paper Mario (I consider this a separate series but I'm fine with it having a Mushroom icon)
• Paper Mario
• Very unlikely, but a villian from the Paper Mario series*

Well, I really do hope he ends up being his own franchise, that way he wouldn't interfere with any of the Mario reps at all.

As for second rep, I pretty much doubt it, Paper Mario's inclusion is already in question, so a 2nd rep might not even happen if Paper Mario does indeed interfere with the Mario Franchise itself.

Legend of Zelda
• Link
• Zelda
• Sheik
• Ganondorf
• A variation of Link
• Another villain like Skull Kid*

Okay, I really hope you meant to put Zelda and Sheik together, because Sheik by herself isn't going to happen.

As for a fifth rep, I don't necessarly see just Skull Kid, if anything Sakurai and Miyamoto might decide upon Gharahim since he is most likely going to be the main antagonist from the upcoming Skyward Sword game, he might be placed in order to promote the series, much like Roy did in Melee for example.

Metroid
• Samus
• Zero Suit Samus
• Ridley

Again, I'm not sure if you meant to put them together, but seperatly will probably not happen, otherwise I have no complaints with this.

Kid Icarus
• Pit

Okay, I understand that little is known about Uprising, but the fact of the matter is that since Sakurai is nearly done with the Uprising project, what makes you think he won't include or at least promote a character from a game he just finished doing? If anything I most likely see either Medusa or Palutena getting a roster spot alongside pit, Magnus go a lesser extent.

Ice Climber
• Ice Climbers

No complaints here, it's fine as is.

Kirby
• Kirby
• Meta Knight
• King Dedede
• A fourth Kirby character is up to Sakurai. If I would pick a fourth character it would be Adeleine*

I'm pretty much doubt a 4th rep happening, it doesn't need that many reps, I'd say other reps that ate in need should have some instead, but that doesn't necessarly mean that Sakurai would never do it, it's possible but unlikely.

Pikmin
• Olimar

Fine as is, no complaints here.

Star Fox
• Fox
• Falco
• Wolf
• Krystal

Okay, I know I said she has a chance and all but considering her popularity plus revelance she might not happen, also she didn't have much of a prominent role, but of corse this could be overlooked if Sakurai were to overlook overrepresentation of a franchise.

F-Zero
• Captain Falcon
• Samurai Goroh

Okay, I know Samurai Goroh is probable but you also have to take Black Shadow into consideration, he has as much of a chance as Goroh does.

Pokémon
• Pikachu
• Jigglypuff
• Another single Pokémon, such as Meowth*
• Mewtwo
• Another legendary Pokémon based off of the latest generation, most likely Zoroark
• Another Trainer

Okay, first off I believe Victini has as much of a chance as Zoroark, if anything maybe even more since Victini just had it's movie released in July 2011, which puts Victini in the same position Lucario once was before development started, I.E. July 2005, 3 months before Brawl's development.

Fire Emblem
• Marth
• Roy
• Ike
• Lyn

As for Fire Emblem, I can tell you now that Roy isn't as popular in the FE community as he once was, you also have to realize that he was scrapped in Brawl which just proves Sakurai wasn't really interested in him, of course if his opinion forwards him were to change, the maybe hw would have a decent shot, just because he was in Melee doesn't necessarly mean he should be in.

As for Lyn, her time has already passed, I don't believe she has a good chance to be considered since she obviously hS alot of competition such as The Black Knight, Caeda, Leaf, Sigurd, and yes even Roy gets in her way, I don't believe the franchise is going to extend beyond 3 rep, again it could happen but it's umprobable at best.

Mother
• Ness
• Lucas

Fine as is, no changes needed

Game & Watch Gallery
• Mr. Game & Watch

Fine as is, no changes needed.

Punch-Out!!
• Little Mac

Same as above

Other/Third-party
• Snake
• Sonic
• Knuckles*
• Tails*
• Shadow
• Bomberman
• Mega-Man
• Geno
• Pac-Man*
I know I'm forgetting a lot here but I don't look too much into third-party.

We will nit be getting soo many 3rd party characters, we'll most likely see 4 at most, not even that is considerable, I will say 3.

As for Shadow, no he would be a clone, and is less popular than Tails, the same applies to Knuckles, but he wouldn't be a clone, Pac-Man is Namco material, he is very unlikely to happen, Namco would have to show interest in the matter.Geno isn't as popular as he once was, sadly he has been forgotten by both Square and Nintendo, Slime is more likely at this point.

Not returning: R.O.B. He isn't going anywhere, he's to important to be tossed aside, he is staying.
Characters total: 50 (53 for the 3 Pokémon the new Trainer will have)
Characters total (including probable characters): 59 (62 for the 3 Pokémon the new Trainer will have)
[/collapse][/QUOTE]

:phone:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I actually made a moveset for Unova Trainer I think it's a couple pages back its a little long but I could pm it to you.
I have a moveset partially completed of Team Rocket, I'll post it!

Team Rocket

The rocket team will work primarily with the original three playable Pokemon (Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel) and will interact in the same way that Red interact.

Down Special Move: PKMN
Final Smash: Robot Diglett

Final Smash: Robo Diglett

To protect the world from devestation
To unite all peoples within our nation
To denounce the evils of truth and love
To extend our reach to the stars above
Jesse, James
Team Rocket, blastoff at the speed of light
Surrender now or prepare to fight
(Meowth, thats right)

After quoting the motto, something will pop up!

The new and improved than the old Robotti Diglet which is controlled by Meowth controls' s. It also has arms to grab things. Three networks of fire out of your body, and can also walk along the walls. Act similarly with the Landmaster.

After the Final Smash there will be an alternation of character, similar to Samus and ZSS. Since Meowth is who will control the Diglett, Meowth is controlled this time, without having to split the 'down special move'.

[collapse="Meowth"]
Meowth

A: Scratch
AAA: Combo with scratches.
Side Smash A: Scratch strong.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Smash Side A', only up.
The Down Smash: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: Pay Day
Side B: Bite
Up B: Fury Swipes
Down B: Cut
[/collapse]

Order:

[collapse="Arbok"]
Arbok

It will be fast as Diddy Kong, but will jump down as Link.

A: Headbutt
AAA: Series head like pikachu, but slower.
Side Smash A: She gets ready to pounce, bite and giving electric shocks.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Side Smash A' but up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: 'Sting Poison'
Side B: 'Toxic'
Up B: 'Wrap'
[/collapse]

[collapse="Lickitung"]
Lickitung

It will be a little lighter than Bowser, and equally fast like DK, and jump down as Ganondorf.

A: Slap simple using the tongue
Side Smash A: Slap strong with the tongue
Up Smash A: Beat up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the tongue

B: 'Shadow Ball'
Side B: 'Lick'
Up B: 'Slam'
[/Collapse]

[collapse="Victreebel"]
Victreebel

A: Vine Whip
AAA: Vine Whip Combo
Side, Up and Down Smashes A: Similar to Ivysaur

B: Energy Ball
Side B: Razor Leaf
Up B: Vine Whip
[/Collapse]

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Omega I did change my roster yet again. You should probably look at it once more.

@Dixie/Diddy: 1) Where does anywhere he considered it? 2) Why combine them when they're good enough separate?
@Sheik: Yes they are together, I just dotted them.
@ZSS: Same.

The others I'm not going to bother with.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I have a moveset partially completed of Team Rocket, I'll post it!

Team Rocket

The rocket team will work primarily with the original three playable Pokemon (Arbok, Lickitung, Victreebel) and will interact in the same way that Red interact.

Down Special Move: PKMN
Final Smash: Robot Diglett

Final Smash: Robo Diglett

Jesse, James
(Meowth, thats right)

After quoting the motto, something will pop up!

The new and improved than the old Robotti Diglet which is controlled by Meowth controls' s. It also has arms to grab things. Three networks of fire out of your body, and can also walk along the walls. Act similarly with the Landmaster.

After the Final Smash there will be an alternation of character, similar to Samus and ZSS. Since Meowth is who will control the Diglett, Meowth is controlled this time, without having to split the 'down special move'.

[collapse="Meowth"]
Meowth

A: Scratch
AAA: Combo with scratches.
Side Smash A: Scratch strong.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Smash Side A', only up.
The Down Smash: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: Pay Day
Side B: Bite
Up B: Fury Swipes
Down B: Cut

Order:

[collapse="Arbok"]
Arbok

It will be fast as Diddy Kong, but will jump down as Link.

A: Headbutt
AAA: Series head like pikachu, but slower.
Side Smash A: She gets ready to pounce, bite and giving electric shocks.
Up Smash A: Similar to 'Side Smash A' but up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the syrup.

B: 'Sting Poison'
Side B: 'Toxic'
Up B: 'Wrap'
[/collapse]

[collapse="Lickitung"]
Lickitung

It will be a little lighter than Bowser, and equally fast like DK, and jump down as Ganondorf.

A: Slap simple using the tongue
Side Smash A: Slap strong with the tongue
Up Smash A: Beat up.
Down Smash A: Roundhouse with the tongue

B: 'Shadow Ball'
Side B: 'Lick'
Up B: 'Slam'
[/Collapse]

[collapse="Victreebel"]
Victreebel

A: Vine Whip
AAA: Vine Whip Combo
Side, Up and Down Smashes A: Similar to Ivysaur

B: Energy Ball
Side B: Razor Leaf
Up B: Vine Whip
[/Collapse][/collapse]
Hmm... I like that! I'd actually prefer it if they used Meowth, Carnivine, Yanmega and Seviper but that set from the original series is fine too. I think the Rocket Balloon would be a better FS though they'd retreat to the background and throw a barrage of bombs everywhere.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I would love Team Rocket even though it probably won't happen. So fun to hear their motto! ^_^

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Hmm... I like that! I'd actually prefer it if they used Meowth, Carnivine, Yanmega and Seviper but that set from the original series is fine too. I think the Rocket Balloon would be a better FS though they'd retreat to the background and throw a barrage of bombs everywhere.
Seviper and Carnivine and the others are from anime, but Arbok, Lickitung and Victreebel are of the games!

I would love Team Rocket even though it probably won't happen. So fun to hear their motto! ^_^
Jesse, James
(Meowth, thats right)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Morning everyone. Just dropping by before I head to work. Flattered to see people are referring to my blog. =D I've got some crazy ideas for blogger templates running through my head.

My vision is to unite all of the PCAM campaigns by giving them aesthetic elements that they all share, without making them look identical.

OmegaXXII

Omega I did change my roster yet again. You should probably look at it once more.

@Dixie/Diddy: 1) Where does anywhere he considered it? 2) Why combine them when they're good enough separate?
@Sheik: Yes they are together, I just dotted them.
@ZSS: Same.

The others I'm not going to bother with.
Well..let me see it revised if you have it.

Okay as for the Diddy and Dixie duo let me say why I stated such a thing.

Considering that Sakurai was planning to make Dixie & Diddy playable is that he was going to include them is Brawl as a duo, but along the way I'm assuming he came across a complication regarding their moveset or such, thus he never ended up going through it, and left a file within Brawl's data archives indicating that they were originally meant to be together, thus Dixie is considered part of the Forbidden 7.

Now, if Sakurai once again wanted to include Dixie Kong, what makes you think he wouldn't at least consider the idea of a duo once again? Sure you might argue that he may stumble upon a complication but what makes you think he won't fix it, if anything he could find a way to make them work, and since he had previously showed interest, he might consider it once more.

Of course his opinions might have changed alit since Brawl development but that's not to say he won't look back at an idea he previously considered himself. I'm not saying it will happen but it's a possibility, you can't say it won't happen because in reality it might actually come true.

Besides If the DK franchise were to get 3 reps. It would be perfect since it would allow both K.Rool and Dixie to be added to the roster as well without leaving anybody out, of course if Sakurai also wanted all 4 to be seperate then that would be even better, but I only see 3 reps vetting in at the moment concerning the DK series, hopefully 4 will happen.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Seviper and Carnivine and the others are from anime, but Arbok, Lickitung and Victreebel are of the games!

Jesse, James
(Meowth, thats right)
Team Rocket used Lickitung in the games? I thought they only used Meowth, Weezing and Arbok

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Now, if Sakurai once again wanted to include Dixie Kong, what makes you think he wouldn't at least consider the idea of a duo once again? Sure you might argue that he may stumble upon a complication but what makes you think he won't fix it, if anything he could find a way to make them work, and since he had previously showed interest, he might consider it once more.

Besides I'd the DK franchise were to get 3 reps. It would be perfect since it would allow both K.Rool and Dixie to be added to the roster as well without leaving anybody out, of course if Sakurai also wanted all 4 to be seperate then that would be even better, but I only see 3 reps vetting in at the moment concerning the DK series, hopefully 4 will happen.
You still haven't provided significant evidence or proof they were originally a duo. Dixie does have a file left in but what makes you think they would have been a pair? Nana, from what I know, doesn't have a separate folder.

I think 3 reps for DK is reasonable. K. Rool has my doubts but I won't be surprised if he's in.

You guys were talking about MLP and spongebob....

Anyway now that's over, it's time we avoid going off topic.

Are we gonna talk about characters all day?

Because the pages back there became "****** city" as what Shortie said.

At least now, Star can post it without any interruption.

OmegaXXII

You still haven't provided significant evidence or proof they were originally a duo. Dixie does have a file left in but what makes you think they would have been a pair? Nana, from what I know, doesn't have a separate folder.

I think 3 reps for DK is reasonable. K. Rool has my doubts but I won't be surprised if he's in.
Trust Me!!!

There is evidence, I will look for it, it's legit.

You know what would be cool? A Waluigi essay that proves that Waluigi is worthy.

I said worthy. Not "He has a good chance". If we want to increase his chances, might as well support the character until the end and vote for him if you can

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Trust Me!!!

You do that.

Let's break away from characters for awhile, shall we? Here's some questions:
1) What would you guys like the physics be for SSB4?
2) What do you want Wi-Fi to be like?
3) Should DLC have impact in SSB4? If yes, how so?
4) People always talk about the amount of characters. How many stages do you want in SSB4? Would you like the 64/Melee/Brawl stages to return as well?
5) Would you think if SSB4 fixes all of the problems Brawl has, what do you think will happen with Brawl competitively?
6) How would you like Solo mode to be like? Smash isn't very known for its single-player modes. What should SSB4 improve over Classic Mode, Events, Training and the SSE?
7) On average how many songs should be in SSB4 per stage? A regular Wii U disc holds up to 25GB, if this helps.
8) What should the UI look like? (Sakurai already plans on having more creativity and uniqueness.)

You don't have to answer all of them but it's to get started.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Trust Me!!!

There's an interview where Sakurai straight up says it. Too lazy to find it. Regardless, Dixie missed her chance. It was a dumb idea to begin with and Diddy is already such an established character, there is no reason to tack on Dixie.

You do that.

Let's break away from characters for awhile, shall we? Here's some questions:
1) What would you guys like the physics be for SSB4?
In the middle of Melee and Brawl
2) What do you want Wi-Fi to be like?
Smooth. Remove the stupid **** lag. Check Operation Connect group to see the ideas
3) Should DLC have impact in SSB4? If yes, how so?
I don't know. I'm neutral on this in a good way
4) People always talk about the amount of characters. How many stages do you want in SSB4? Would you like the 64/Melee/Brawl stages to return as well?
Uhhh..... Don't care. If there are a lot but they don't amuse me then it's useless. I guess I'm expecting around 60? Don't know. I guess I don't care how many stages are there. I care if it's unique.
5) Would you think if SSB4 fixes all of the problems Brawl has, what do you think will happen with Brawl competitively?
I get the wrong idea here about what you're saying but Melee had problems too you know.

Also, yes. They will fix everything (Almost everything at most)

6) How would you like Solo mode to be like? Smash isn't very known for its single-player modes. What should SSB4 improve over Classic Mode, Events, Training and the SSE?
Adventure mode in brawl. I HOPE IT'S NOT PLAIN AND BLAND :mad:
7) On average how many songs should be in SSB4 per stage? A regular Wii U discs holds up to 25GB, if this helps.
I guess around 7-10 at max.
8) What should the UI look like? (Sakurai already plans on having more creativity and uniqueness.)
Replies are in blue

D

Deleted member

Sonic Poke said:
In my opinion too, we no longer need Lucario! He has also played its role in Brawl, but now we have give space to Vicniti or Zoroark. Well, Pokemon is a series that is in constant motion, going to cut and sow! A roster pokemon perfect for me would be:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer Red
Second Pokemon Trainer (Blue, Green, Giovanni, Team Rocket, N, Yellow, and so on ...)
Zoroark

Well, please do not start to throw stones, it is only my opinion!
There is no reason why Lucario should be dropped for a 5th gen Pokemon. If it has five slots, all they need to do is put in a 5th gen character and be done with it. Lucario has a decent move set and is regarded as the 4th gen mascot, just because it's not relevant doesn't mean it should have to go.

just because it's not relevant doesn't mean it should have to go.
THIS

I think relevance and role only show how worthy the character is and how deserving.

I think the only way to help the character get in is to vote for him in some poll or support him until the end. Also, importance plays its role. I don't think the moveset will halter the character. As long as their playstyle is unique. A good example would be Jigglypuff.

@Mecha: Why do you need to? I mean, no one here is against Paper Mario (Except BlueZelda -_-).

Toad is the one that gets punched all the time.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, in regards to PCAM, I would be very grateful for some help in regards to the back ground. I've noticed that I'm not as attached to the group because it all looks unprofessional and I really have no clue on how to make it. I tried a back ground once and it didn't work. If someone can help me create a back ground for at least PCAM, that would be appreciated.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Even though I hate Lucario with a passion I find him a staple character in Smash now. Mewtwo and Lucario can both be alongside each other with another legendary from the 5th generation.

@Mecha: Why do you need to? I mean, no one here is against Paper Mario (Except BlueZelda -_-).

Toad is the one that gets punched all the time.
BlueZelda hates him? I thought it was just 2 people. It's because some people don't understand about the "Oh they're both Mario" ordeal. What is the difference between that and the Link/Toon Link/Young Link situation? Paper Mario, unlike TL/YL will be completely different in terms of moveset, creativity and uniqueness even if Sakurai has a brainfart.

I'm not really good at those type of things SSBF.

@Mecha: BlueZelda and err.... some guy (Don't wanna mention his name) is against his inclusion thinking that he'll be a clone

OmegaXXII

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyway, in regards to PCAM, I would be very grateful for some help in regards to the back ground. I've noticed that I'm not as attached to the group because it all looks unprofessional and I really have no clue on how to make it. I tried a back ground once and it didn't work. If someone can help me create a back ground for at least PCAM, that would be appreciated.
Hextupley is working on some templates. He said he will have something this evening.

Of course! Paper Mario would be the coolest new Mario rep. MUCH better than Toad and Junior.

Also the most unlikely too...

Shortie, I think you're one of the older ones in this thread. :laugh:

If he is old then I must be a dinosaur.

Technically, It's impossible to make Paper Mario a clone.
Nothing is really impossible. The developers, however, would need to go out of their way to make Paper Mario function with the type of moves Mario possesses. Making it more difficult then just creating him a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom