• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well I was just making this concept of my own roster. I'm not going to release it because I personally hate it when people make rosters (and I closed Notepad). The total characters on my roster is 47, including transformations such as Sheik. However I didn't include the "possible" characters. When including them the roster is somewhere like 55.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think that point makes sense then, but I still think Sakurai would rather please the fans then himself, sequels and furries aside. Even if he didn't like a character, I'm sure he'd have to be interested in original character's moveset. Popularity alone isn't a reason a character should be added, but it certainly helps various characters' chances. Originality, contributions to gaming (ROB, G&W), and just sheer randomness/random originality (Ness, Ice Climber, Pokémon Trainer, Snake) are also factors.

Also, Wart would be awesome, as would Knuckle Joe to a lesser extent. Wart as a boss... may-beh? :grin:
Yes, I see what you are saying, but you simply cannot ignore a characters inclusion, popularity does play a major role though, but the point I was trying to state is the popularity isn't everything, I hope you understood that.

And yes Wart would be awesome, I've been the only one to ever show some king of support around here toward Wart, it only shows how forgotten and underrated he is, pernonally I'd like too see him as a Mario rep rather than Jr., he definetly needs to be revived and Smash 4 would be perfect, somebody even created a moveset over him, it's tight. as a boss? Hmm.. That could work as well, Sakurai should definetly do something with him in SSE as well, it would be hype and pretty awesome to say the least. :cool:

S

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There's too many dang characters that could be good AT's.

Off the top of my head...

Toad (if he's not playable or Peach's personal meat shield), 8-bit Bowser (from SMB), Wart, Bowser's Children from SMB3, Baby Mario, Kamek, a herd of Yoshi (I'm not sure how it'd work), Donkey Kong Jr, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, The Great Fairy, Midna, Epona (for the lulz), Wolf Link, the Wind Gods from the Wind Waker, Fierce Deity Link (YESSS!!!), Kraid, SA-X, Dark Samus, a group of Space Pirates, the Hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters, Ninten, Master Barf (best. boss. EVER!), Porky, Poo, Dr. Stewart, Polar Bears (c'mon, they disappeared from Brawl!), random G&W characters/things, the Black Knight, Sothe, Maichiah, Eirika, Ephraim, Hector, Medusa, Revolver Ocelot, Liquid Snake, (Ninja) Raiden, The Boss, Colonial Volgin (probably too violent, sadist, and overall evil for smash), Drebin's tank, Solidus Snake, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Robotinik (down with Eggman!), Metal Sonic (YEAH!), Dr. Willy, Gutsman, Electman, PharohMan, Bass, Roll, Tom Nook (he's totally evil-with an extra e!), Miis, .... too many to name!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
There's too many dang characters that could be good AT's.

Off the top of my head...

Toad (if he's not playable or Peach's personal meat shield), Polar Bears
Toad is more likely a Assist Trophy to me. If he's included as a character though I'm sure Peach's new counter would be Toadsworth.

Polar Bears... the things from Icicle Mountain? One of them is atop of Summit, pounding it underwater so you could be eaten by The Fish.

OmegaXXII

Dr. Robotnik should definetly be an SSE boss with his machines and all, that would be awesome, as well as Dr.Wily if Megaman gets in, both evil scientist could join forces and take down anybody that's trying to stop them, it should happen, also Liquid Snake utilizing Metal Gear should happen, those battles would be so epic. :cool:

Gross. Some are actually sticking up for Waluigi. Why bother nitpicking arguments against him when he's still a TERRIBLE character choice, lol.

As for Little Mac, being a tiny boxer that only punches may just be NOVEL enough... I'd imagine you could also tack on some sort of gimmick to make him interesting too.
I just remembered.... you said Ridley wouldn't be THAT unique.

After seeing Firebrand kick Hawkeye's ***, I can't wait to see Ridley even more.

Then again, the moveset will be unknown as always. Wario's moveset wasn't as good as anyone thought but his playstyle was incredibly unique.
Toad is more likely a Assist Trophy to me. If he's included as a character though I'm sure Peach's new counter would be Toadsworth.

Polar Bears... the things from Icicle Mountain? One of them is atop of Summit, pounding it underwater so you could be eaten by The Fish.
This again.....

Listen, moveset or not, he could be a playable depending on Sakurai's decision. The fact that he was a moveset does not lower his chances. It's actually the opposite. Toad has a lot going for him. He has too much merits that support his inclusion.

THEN AGAIN, I DO NOT KNOW WHO WILL GET IN

Plus, you can confuse Toad for another Toad. Better to leave Peach's B alone then make a new character since it makes it easier.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
This again.....

Listen, moveset or not, he could be a playable depending on Sakurai's decision. The fact that he was a moveset does not lower his chances. It's actually the opposite. Toad has a lot going for him. He has too much merits that support his inclusion.

THEN AGAIN, I DO NOT KNOW WHO WILL GET IN

Plus, you can confuse Toad for another Toad. Better to leave Peach's B alone then make a new character since it makes it easier.
I am not doubting if Toad will be included or not. He just isn't that important to me. And I'd think it'd be funny if Toadsworth was Peach's counter. Toadsworth could make some funny sound when Peach pulls him out. xD

I knew it was a fake.

I didn't have to look at the link to know it's fake. It's really obvious

@Mechwave: Oh. My bad.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Where is it!!
If you're talking to me I guess it wouldn't hurt to release it. Here:
[collapse="Mecha's Roster"]Characters with * means they are probable unless otherwise stated.

Mario
• Mario
• Luigi
• Peach
• Bowser
• Some fifth character might be in. I'm expecting Bowser Jr. or Toad.

Donkey Kong
• Donkey Kong
• Diddy Kong
• Dixie Kong
• King K. Rool*

Yoshi
• Yoshi

Wario
• Wario

Paper Mario
• Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda
• Link
• Zelda / Sheik
• Ganondorf
• A variation of Link

Metroid
• Samus / Zero Suit Samus
• Ridley

Kid Icarus
• Pit
• Medusa

Ice Climber
• Ice Climbers

Kirby
• Kirby
• Meta Knight
• King Dedede

Pikmin
• Olimar

Star Fox
• Fox
• Falco
• Wolf
• Krystal

F-Zero
• Captain Falcon
• Samurai Goroh

Pokémon
• Pikachu
• Jigglypuff
• Mewtwo
• Lucario
• Another legendary Pokémon based off of the latest generation, most likely Zoroark
• Pokémon Trainer (might have different Pokémon)

Fire Emblem
• Marth
• Roy
• Ike
• Lyn*

Mother
• Ness
• Lucas

Game & Watch Gallery
• Mr. Game & Watch

Robot
• R.O.B.

Sin and Punishment
• Saki*

Nazo no Murasame-jō
• Takamaru*

Punch-Out!!
• Little Mac

Other/Third-party
• Snake
• Sonic
• Tails*
• Shadow* (I hate him though)
• Bomberman
• Mega-Man
• Geno*
• Pac-Man*

I know it's a lot.
[/collapse]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, I see what you are saying, but you simply cannot ignore a characters inclusion, popularity does play a major role though, but the point I was trying to state is the popularity isn't everything, I hope you understood that.

And yes Wart would be awesome, I've been the only one to ever show some king of support around here toward Wart, it only shows how forgotten and underrated he is, pernonally I'd like too see him as a Mario rep rather than Jr., he definetly needs to be revived and Smash 4 would be perfect, somebody even created a moveset over him, it's tight. as a boss? Hmm.. That could work as well, Sakurai should definetly do something with him in SSE as well, it would be hype and pretty awesome to say the least. :cool:

S

Yeah popularity isn't everything, but it's important. Random, lesser known characters who were important to the history of gaming are equally, if not more so important, like a Game and Watch or Pit. Still, random characters can be awesome (Geno needs some love man!), although the Ice Climbers... that was just a shot in the dark.

Popularity, historical importance, roles in a characters respective franchise, originality (both around their potential moveset and personality)... these things determine what characters (Nintendo-owned) are playable in smash and what characters are not. It is really that simple. However, everyone has a different valuable view (noobs aside! :laugh:) on each characters' value in all of these, which is where, why, and how debates arise, and why they won't cease even after the final roster is revealed (I'm still arguing for my boys Ridley and Mewtwo).

Wart would be a perfect retro character. Although he was the main villain of SMB2 and didn't have much of a role beyond that, he still could be original and awesome enough, at least as a boss or Assist Trophy. He needs some love man. SMB2 is an underrated gem. Did you know that was the first Mario game with Bomb-Ombs?

Also, one of the boss fights needs to parody the MGS4 Final Boss fight between
Liquid Ocelot and Solid/Old Snake on top of that ship. That would be hilarious and epic at the same time! Imagine like Sonic vs. Mario with Metal Gear music. It would be so off, but so awesome, but so hilarious! Imagine Sonic and Mario all old and tired, and giving old man punches, lol!
:awesome: :cool: :laugh: :bee: :grin: :chuckle: :mario: :sonic:

Also, if Dr. Robotnic (down with Eggman! It's such a lame name!) doesn't have a role in future smash bros games, something is wrong. He'd be a perfect boss/AT. Why wouldn't he be either, or preferably both?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
@berserker: Sorry, I forget people. By the way please just shorten my username to 'Mecha.' It's easier to type and read. :3

OmegaXXII

[collapse="Mecha's Roster"]Characters with * means they are probable unless otherwise stated.

Mario
• Mario
• Luigi
• Peach
• Bowser

Donkey Kong
• Donkey Kong
• Diddy Kong
• Dixie Kong
• King K. Rool*

Yoshi
• Yoshi
• Kamek*

Wario
• Wario

Paper Mario (I consider this a separate series but I'm fine with it having a Mushroom icon)
• Paper Mario
• Very unlikely, but a villian from the Paper Mario series*

Legend of Zelda
• Link
• Zelda
• Sheik
• Ganondorf
• A variation of Link
• Another villain like Skull Kid*

Metroid
• Samus
• Zero Suit Samus
• Ridley

Kid Icarus
• Pit

Ice Climber
• Ice Climbers

Kirby
• Kirby
• Meta Knight
• King Dedede
• A fourth Kirby character is up to Sakurai. If I would pick a fourth character it would be Adeleine*

Pikmin
• Olimar

Star Fox
• Fox
• Falco
• Wolf
• Krystal

F-Zero
• Captain Falcon
• Samurai Goroh

Pokémon
• Pikachu
• Jigglypuff
• Another single Pokémon, such as Meowth*
• Mewtwo
• Another legendary Pokémon based off of the latest generation, most likely Zoroark
• Another Trainer

Fire Emblem
• Marth
• Roy
• Ike
• Lyn

Mother
• Ness
• Lucas

Game & Watch Gallery
• Mr. Game & Watch

Other/Third-party
• Snake
• Sonic
• Knuckles*
• Tails*
• Shadow
• Bomberman
• Mega-Man
• Geno
• Pac-Man*
I know I'm forgetting a lot here but I don't look too much into third-party.

Characters total: 49 (52 for the 3 Pokémon the new Trainer will have)
Characters total (including probable characters): 58 (61 for the 3 Pokémon the new Trainer will have)
[/collapse]
Whoa, whoa whoa!!

I saw some obscure choices there, I shall give my full in depth thoughs over this in a sec.

Thino

Smash Master
I said Sakurai's Brawl examination/random choosing of votes from a large Japan-only poll doesn't matter. It was based on a select few votes of a larger poll, and nothing more. How does that equal popularity worldwide, and counter my point?

And I can say if a character "deserves" a spot or not. Whether a character deserves a roster spot or not is ultimately what character debate is about. I don't feel a character deserves a spot. This is the main point of character debate, because it is combined based on the character's originality, character contributions/importance, and popularity.

And for the record, I said Krystal's personality IMO would be undeserving of a roster spot, because she's unorigianl, boring, and since Assault she's been more brain-dead than Slippy. Her moveset warrants a spot IMO though.

Popularity isn't the only thing; I'm merely arguing Nintendo isn't going to put some random in a game over Mario.

Also, I don't fantasize over character spots (although I guessed the Brawl roster 2 spots too many). The only Brawl characters I didn't predict that made it were Snake, the Pokémon Trainer, and R.O.B. I just think there are a few characters who are very likely because Nintendo wants them in, fans want them in, they're popular to casual and dedicated gamers, and are original and important characters in the history of gaming. Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Ridley, a new Pokémon, and perhaps a few others IMO deserve to be at this level. The rest... meah. Just no Waluigi and Tingle and we're good.

tl;dr: Opinions is what this all is about! :laugh:
there. see? now you're talking real.

the reason why you think Krystal doesn't deserve the spot is what you mentioned in the 3rd paragraph

in that case say it straight instead of hiding your opinion behind the popularity wall that is straight up bull and we all know it, including you, is it that hard to say that Krystal doesnt deserve be in BECAUSE you dont like her or dont think shes original or important , or shes boring?

because it is nice to throw out that character debate is based on originality, contribution, importance and popularity , but do you know which amount of each it takes for a character to deserve to be in?

yes, but probably based on your one and single opinion of who is important , what is original or popular etc..

contributions at least CAN be argued because those are facts, we know how many games characters appeared in and what they do in those games and thats it. the rest is pretty much up to anyway so its not even debatable like you seem to think it is

I dont even know how you can compare Krystal or Waluigi or Daisy getting in as putting in randoms over Mario, I dont think anyone mentioned something like that , theres no real way to rank who is likely to get in over someone else at this very point because it has been proven wrong in the previous installments of the game

tl;dr opinions are awesome ! but be honest about them dont back them up with bull**** tho !

BTW... what is this thing about Sakurai Brawl examination/random choosing of votes being based on a select few votes of a larger poll? any source? o.o

MechaWave

Smash Champion
My roster isn't that special. Especially because I just add the obvious people. I'm probably forgetting a few franchises and third-party characters but s'alright.

Anyone bother reviewing my rosters? (Unsure)

[collapse=The "45 or up" character roster (Negative roster for me)]Mario universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad

Zelda universe:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Donkey Kong universe:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K Rool

Yoshi universe:
Yoshi

Metroid universe:
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

Kirby universe:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox universe:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon universe:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Victini
Pokemon trainer

F - Zero universe:
Captain Falcon

Earthbound universe:
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem universe:
Marth
Ike
Black Knight

Wario universe:
Wario

Pikmin universe:
Olimar

Punch-out universe:
Little Mac

Kid Icarus universe:
Pit
Medusa

Retro/Nintendo universe:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB
Takamaru

Paper Mario universe:
Paper Mario

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

Star Tropics:
Mike Jones

3rd party:
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Newcomers:
Toad
K Rool
Ridley
Zoroark
Victini
Black Knight
Little Mac
Medusa
Paper Mario
Saki
Takumaru
Mike Jones
Mega Man

Total number of newcomers: 13

Number of characters: 47 characters (Including transformations).[/collapse]

[collapse=The epic roster (Positive)]
Mario universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Bowser Jr.

Zelda universe:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Ghirahim

Donkey Kong universe:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong
K Rool

Yoshi universe:
Yoshi
Kamek

Metroid universe:
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

Kirby universe:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Bandana Waddle Dee

Star Fox universe:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Pokemon universe:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Victini
Pokemon trainer

F - Zero universe:
Captain Falcon

Earthbound universe:
Ness
Lucas
"THE" Masked Man

Fire Emblem universe:
Marth
Ike
Roy
Black Knight

Wario universe:
Wario
Captain Syrup

Pikmin universe:
Olimar

Punch-out universe:
Little Mac

Kid Icarus universe:
Pit
Paletuna
Medusa

Retro/Nintendo universe:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB
Takamaru

Paper Mario universe:
Paper Mario

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

Star Tropics:
Mike Jones

3rd party:
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Newcomers:
Toad
K Rool
Dixie
Ridley
Zoroark
Victini
Mewtwo (Returner)
THE masked man
Little Mac
Medusa
Paletuna
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
Saki
Takumaru
Kamek
Captain Syrup
Mike Jones
Mega Man

Total number of newcomers: 19

No. of characters: 56 characters[/collapse]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I commented on the odd characters/newcomers in green.

Mario
A safe, solid choice.

Donkey Kong
• Dixie Kong
• King K. Rool*
Both are likely, but 4 DK characters might be pushing it with Sakurai, although the recent revival of Donkey Kong Country (thank our God, Miyamoto! Blessed in Japan is he! :laugh:), this isn't totally out of the question.

Yoshi
• Kamek*
As much as I like this choice, it would have to be a seriously off the wall "WTF?" addition.

Paper Mario (I consider this a separate series but I'm fine with it having a Mushroom icon)
• Paper Mario
• Very unlikely, but a villian from the Paper Mario series*
Paper Mario is a few notches short of a shoe-in. A villain or another character from the Paper Mario series, however, is a one notch away from a no-shot.

Legend of Zelda
• Another villain like Skull Kid*
Skull Kid is too minor for anyone short of fanboys, really, and that new guy in Skyward Sword is gonna be like Zant in Twilight Princess; lots of hype surrounding him, with little substance.

Metroid
• Ridley
Why the heck shouldn't Ridley be in?

Kirby
• A fourth Kirby character is up to Sakurai. If I would pick a fourth character it would be Adeleine*
The three current characters are enough, unless Kirby gets another main character status character.

Star Fox
• Wolf
• Krystal
Both is kinda pushing it. Having one... not so much.

F-Zero
• Samurai Goroh
I thought he had decent chances in Brawl, but I'm really doubting him in SSB Wii U/3DS. He's not a crazy choice, but I certainly wouldn't bet on him making it in a near future smash bros game, despite my love of his character.

Pokémon
• Another single Pokémon, such as Meowth*
• Mewtwo
• Another Trainer

The Meowth idea I like (along with Deoxys) for non 5th gen Pokémon, but why add 2 1st geners and cut Lucario? We can have both. And a new PT is unlikely. I couldn't see a PT other than the current one. However, a 5th Gen Pokémon is 100% confirmed in my mind. One will be in a future smash bros game, guaranteed. If not, you can have my liver (which would suck for you, because my liver sucks! :laugh:)

Fire Emblem
• Roy
• Ike
• Lyn
This is where things go from crazy to messy. Why would Sakurai have 4 Fire Emblem characters? Re-adding Roy and keeping Ike is one thing. Going back and adding a character from a 8 year old game (probably about 10-13 years old when SSB4 comes out) is another. Perhaps you should have said "possibly a new Fire Emblem Lord" in case of a new Fire Emblem game.

Punch-Out!!
• Little Mac
Love him. He'd be an excellent playable character.

Other/Third-party
• Knuckles*
• Tails*
• Shadow
• Bomberman
• Mega-Man
• Geno
• Pac-Man*
I know I'm forgetting a lot here but I don't look too much into third-party.

That's a lot of 3rd party newcomers. Knuckles is a pretty longshot. Tails... he's just a phone call away from an addition, but it's a tough phone call. Shadow should not and will not make it in over Tails or Knuckles (man I hate Shadow; he was okay in SA2, but since then he's been a loser wanna-be villain who's no less a Sonic sidekick as Tails). Bomberman is awesome and has been in Nintendo spin-offs, but sadly he's a longshot IMO. Capcom wants Mega Man in smash, so his chances look good. Geno, whilst I loveth him like one loves a first love, is a longshot since Square Enix of all things owns him. Pac-Man could make an awesome 3rd party character, and isn't that crazy a stretch, especially as a "WTF?" 3rd party choice.

Not returning: R.O.B.
Woaw, eliminating a franchise? That's crazy. Why would Sakurai cut one of the most original Brawl newcomers? Why not just cut Wolf?
Characters total: 40 (53 for the 3 Pokémon the new Trainer will have)
Characters total (including probable characters): 59 (62 for the 3 Pokémon the new Trainer will have)
[/collapse]

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Responding to you, John:
@Kamek: Well actually I just included Kamek because someone else wanted Kamek.
@Paper Mario: I'm not expecting another character from the Paper Mario series other than Paper Mario himself at all.
@Another villian for LoZ: Agree with you.
@Ridley: Um... he is included.
@Fourth Kirby character: As I said it's just up to Sakurai.
@Wolf/Krystal: I'm not responding to this because you just don't want more than 2 Star Fox characters.
@Pokemon: Well I'm not really cutting Lucario. I actually think they could be included together.
@Fire Emblem: Uh, because all of those characters are staple characters in Fire Emblem.
@ROB: ROB is not a franchise but I don't mind if he's included again.

I'm going to edit it once more.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My comments are in Green as usual.

Anyone bother reviewing my rosters? (Unsure)

[collapse=The "45 or up" character roster (Negative roster for me)]Mario universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad

Not bad choices.

Zelda universe:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Ditto.

Donkey Kong universe:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K Rool

Hmm.... while I'd probably prefer Dixie over K. Rool, he's not a bad pick by any stretch of my imagination.

Yoshi universe:
Yoshi

Yoshi's not going to ever be in a smash bros game... oh wait! :laugh:

Metroid universe:
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

RIDLEY ON!

Kirby universe:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

No change here is good.

Star Fox universe:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

I kinda like this, but declone Wolf mroe!

Pokemon universe:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Zoroark
Victini
Pokemon trainer

You kinda lost me here. Why add 2 new Pokémon instead of just one and keeping the very popular Lucario, or returning the popular Mewtwo? (or both preferably!)

F - Zero universe:
Captain Falcon

NIPPLES!!!

Earthbound universe:
Ness
Lucas

Yesh.

Fire Emblem universe:
Marth
Ike
Black Knight

Don't see why the Black Knight would be included over the already popular Roy, especially if a new Fire Emblem game comes out with a new Lord.

Wario universe:
Wario

Garlic?

Pikmin universe:
Olimar

Louie as an alternate outfit?

Punch-out universe:
Little Mac

We'd all love to see him.

Kid Icarus universe:
Pit
Medusa

Medusa may or may not be a stretch, but it's not a crazy choice.

Retro/Nintendo universe:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB
Takamaru

Solid choices. Takamaru is someone whom Sakurai seems fond of.

Paper Mario universe:
Paper Mario

Good.

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

Excellent!

Star Tropics:
Mike Jones

Woaw! You took a crazy choice! I kinda like it, as farfetch'd as it may be!

3rd party:
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Yesh!

Newcomers:
Toad
K Rool
Ridley
Zoroark
Victini
Black Knight
Little Mac
Medusa
Paper Mario
Saki
Takumaru
Mike Jones
Mega Man

Overall good newcomer list, maybe Mike Jones and 2 5th Gen Pokérmans aside.

Total number of newcomers: 13

Number of characters: 47 characters (Including transformations).[/collapse]

[collapse=The epic roster (Positive)]
Mario universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Bowser Jr.

MORE!!! POWER!!!!

Zelda universe:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Ghirahim

Nah, cut Ghirahim. He's the flavor of the week; he'll be gone just as fast as Zant.

Donkey Kong universe:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong
K Rool

Why combine Diddy and Dixie? Why not leave 'em separate? If combined, they'd be as broken as well... broken glass and stuff! :laugh:

Yoshi universe:
Yoshi
Kamek

As much as I like Kamek, I sadly cannot see this happening. :(

Metroid universe:
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

Yesh.

Kirby universe:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Bandana Waddle Dee

Woaw, what a stretch! Knuckle Joe is already a bit of a stretch. This is just even crazier!

Star Fox universe:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Not bad choices with this roster size.

Pokemon universe:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Victini
Pokemon trainer

Again, why 2 newbie Pokérmanzs over a popular Lucario?

F - Zero universe:
Captain Falcon

Okay.

Earthbound universe:
Ness
Lucas
"THE" Masked Man

Probably not gonna happen (the latter), as awesome as he is. Alternate outfit... maybeh???

Fire Emblem universe:
Marth
Ike
Roy
Black Knight

Cut the Black Knight (maybe Roy too), possibly add a future Lord.

Wario universe:
Wario
Captain Syrup

Now we're at the "WTF?" level! :laugh:

Pikmin universe:
Olimar

Punch-out universe:
Little Mac

Kid Icarus universe:
Pit
Paletuna
Medusa

Woaw, 3 characters? Woaw. That's crazy bro.

Retro/Nintendo universe:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB
Takamaru

Paper Mario universe:
Paper Mario

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

Star Tropics:
Mike Jones

3rd party:
Snake
Sonic
Mega Man

Newcomers:
Toad
K Rool
Dixie
Ridley
Zoroark
Victini
Mewtwo (Returner)
THE masked man
Little Mac
Medusa
Paletuna
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario
Saki
Takumaru
Kamek
Captain Syrup
Mike Jones
Mega Man

Total number of newcomers: 19

No. of characters: 56 characters[/collapse]
Response to Mecha's response to my response to the response of the responsible:
Kamek: Who doesn't want Kamek?
Paper Mario: As I thought.
Another villain for LoZ: Vatti is a possibility (having played a huge role in 3 Zelda games), albeit a somewhat far fetched one (don't even bring up the T word!).
Ridley: I mean "why shouldn't he be in SSB4?"
Fourth Kirby character: Not crazy, but not a horse worth betting on.
Wolf/Krystal: I can't see Star Fox having 4 spots unless the roster size exceeds 50 spots. Maybe 4 between both the 3DS and Wii U games, but not 4 on one game.
Pokemon: Bring in a Gen 5 Pokémon, along with Jiggz, Pika, Lucario, the Pokémon Trainer, and bring my boy Mewtwo back (with actual hitboxes!) and we're all set. Meowth would be an awesome bonus, though, along with a super duper long shot Pichu, Deoxys, or Plusle and Minun as far shooting possibilities (there's like what? 659 Pokérman to choose from?).
Fire Emblem: Lyn was one of three main characters in FE7. Why wouldn't an earlier FE Lord be considered above her, or perhaps the icon of the franchise, Marth? (who has appeared in 3 Fire Emblem titles thus far)
ROB: ROB was unique, but dang it ROB mains were campy as heck when Brawl first came out. The first tournies were like 8 minute Snake/ROB camp fests. Still, I can't think of a reason why he should exit, let alone any original character.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Oh shoot that reminds me of some characters I forgot: Medusa, Takamaru and Saki. I find them all probable.

The positive roster has some of my wish list characters on it.

I'm not sure about Lucario though..... Or Mewtwo.... I don't know. I want them but I'm not sure if we'll see them or not. I wish I would. Just to be on the safe side, I removed Lucario

For some reason, I'm thinking that Zelda will be like Phoenix (MvC 3) but to make it balanced, I hope she's the queen of zoning like how she was in P:M.

Snake: "KING OF ZONING"

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Actually I wanna do a skit on the SSBB characters with my brother. Pretty much it consists of a traveller going through all the worlds observing things. If we ever end up doing it, i'll link it to you guys, just for laughs.

Anyway, for now i'm going to watch some anime. :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The positive roster has some of my wish list characters on it.

I'm not sure about Lucario though..... Or Mewtwo.... I don't know. I want them but I'm not sure if we'll see them or not. I wish I would. Just to be on the safe side, I removed Lucario
Yeah if I had that much roster space I'd add wishlist characters! And let us hope we have as many characters as possible (DLC?), and they are as balanced as possible, and hopefully that includes Lucario (slightly redone), and Mewtwo (made into a God-like figure, minus being broken; seriously, Mewtwo Japanese voice actor ftw!). I can wait years now that, according to smashboards logic I am an old man at 20 with nothing else to look forward to in life, aside from my retirement home and cleaning my dentures! :laugh:

But yeah, all these rosters depend on the future of certain franchises. Donkey Kong for whether it could have Dixie and K. Rool; Fire Emblem if a new game with a new lord is introduced. Star Fox if it is successfully revived. F-Zero if it stops being ignored (c'mon; F-Zero S/A/G/X or something like that would be epic!). Mega Man if Capcom pushes Nintendo for his inclusion like they sound like they want to. Kid Icarus if Rising is a success and/or blockbuster or not. Metroid if the series could be further built upon in the post-Metroid Prime (and to a lesser extent, Other M) era. So many questions.... so much time! :grin: :cool: :awesome:

Also, Zelda needs to stop sucking in smash. She doesn't need to freeze when her attacks land! Make her either have insane recovery and more magical long-range or deceptive powers or make her a short range magic beast. Her moveset and attacking in Melee and Brawl are just stupid how weak they make her compared to everyone else. It's one thing for Captain Falcon and Ganondorf to go from epic to bottom feeders; it's another thing entirely for a character like Zelda to go from a bottom feeder to a lower bottom feeder! :laugh:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I want Zelda as she is in P:M but with the ability to move around with Nayru's Love like in Balanced Brawl.

And maybe with DLC you can get more characters over Wi-Fi if Sakurai just wants to add more.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
No matter what DLC is going to be implemented. But Sakurai isn't one of those "buy this character to play as them" so maybe he'll just allow newer characters to be free, y'know?

Hey, we're not sure about that.

Well it does sound interesting.... If there is DLC then
Phoenix Wright Lolololol. In my dreams though. At least he's playable in UMvC 3

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Mewtwo did not have to go back! He has done a very important role in Melee, but now it is not time for him ... we have Zoroark or Victini to use this position. In my opinion too, we no longer need Lucario! He has also played its role in Brawl, but now we have give space to Vicniti or Zoroark. Well, Pokemon is a series that is in constant motion, going to cut and sow! A roster pokemon perfect for me would be:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer Red
Second Pokemon Trainer (Blue, Green, Giovanni, Team Rocket, N, Yellow, and so on ...)
Zoroark

Well, please do not start to throw stones, it is only my opinion!

Good Morning!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want Zelda as she is in P:M but with the ability to move around with Nayru's Love like in Balanced Brawl.

And maybe with DLC you can get more characters over Wi-Fi if Sakurai just wants to add more.
Hopefully everyone intended to be in the game makes it, but if not, there's DLC for them, possibly cut characters (even the sad Melee 4), as well as alternate outfits, alternate costumes, etc. I'd be willing to chock up money for some characters. Plus that way, they can add everything they want to, or anything that comes to mind afterwords (hopefully they don't pull a BioShock2 and sell you something for $10 that's already on the disc! :mad:).

Plus think about it: Imagine if SSB4 had no past stages, and only new stages. Instead, past stages from all the previous games were systematically brought back through DLC? That would be epic! I mean, all 9 SSB64 stages (hopefully plus the Metal Mario Stage, BF, and FD), all 26 Melee stages (including BF and FD), and all 31 original Brawl stages, plus the Wifi Waiting Room Stage. That would be a grand total of 70 retro stages. How awesome would it be to have all that back? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom