• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Iblis: I climbed a mountain of salty razor blades just to fight a bear. But what I mean to say is I'm sorry your arm got gnarlied up all mondo-like and I hope you make a tubular recovery. Dawg.

Actually I forgot what I was going to say to make this a more on-topic post.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Iblis: I climbed a mountain of salty razor blades just to fight a bear. But what I mean to say is I'm sorry your arm got gnarlied up all mondo-like and I hope you make a tubular recovery. Dawg.
I retract any forms of complaints I have made today.

This was too good.

Did the bear steal your moneny?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Yep, that Smashville.

Anyways...

There were many modes that people felt wasted the time Sakruai and his team could have spent on bigger features. One of these modes was:

Coin Launcher

Did I find the mode a waste? Yes, but not because it was a waste of time. Coin Launcher had the potential to really show off the various franchises in the game, and just stuck at generic enemies and a generic design.

(muchlikeSubspaceEmissary)

So how can Coin Launcher better depict the many worlds conglomerated into Smash Bros.?

By changing the layout!

Take the above picture. Although the mode will still revolve around launching the coins you collect in single-player, the design of the table changes to represent the many different franchises in the game and their trophies.

For example:
  • Mario: The table changes to a landscape of the Mushroom Kingdom with Peach's Castle at the top end of the table. Some Mushrooms sprout out from the table, acting as bumpers. The enemies in this table consist of your basic Mario foes; Goombas, Koopas, etc, and the trophies you find in the layout consist entirely of Mario-related trophies.
  • Legend of Zelda: The table changes to a basic Zelda dungeon. What makes this table unique is you can only shoot the coin in front of you at the top of the screen. It will then roll out on either side and enter a dungeon! You control the coins in this mode with bumpers on either side of the dungeon, controlled by the L and R triggers. Enemies include basic Zelda foes, and trophies consist of Zelda-related trophies. The key to gaining prizes here is to navigate the dungeon completely to the front end of the table into a hole. Make it into the hole, and you gain trophies and stickers! In this table, there's even some slight puzzle elements to fit the Zelda series; use the bumpers to slam the coins into blocks found on either side of the dungeon. Push these blocks with the launched coins enough, and they'll fall into a hole, scoring extra prizes!

Those are just two examples of tables you encounter in Coin Launcher mode. All of the character franchises in the game have their own tables. Those trophies into aligned with one of the bigger franchises appear with the rest of the lot in the other tables.

Hopefully you understood all that. :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I retract any forms of complaints I have made today.

This was too good.

Did the bear steal your moneny?
I gave it my money willingly to pay for its hospital bills for my heart is my strongest muscle.

STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

Coin Launcher was a bit better than how you got trophies in Melee at least. Though it's so slow and the design is so boring it's not very enjoyable. Maybe a Pinball-like game would be better. SOMETHING. Adding other Nintendo character-related THINGS is a good idea too.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well Yeah, but Gen five should make for a fifth spot, It makes all the sense. Not to mention Zoroark would make for a baaaad choice.

Yo Oasis I like how you just made this thread 3x manlier
Would you consider N as a trainer for Smash 4? After all he does seem like Giovanni but more relevent, Zoroark is bad!! No furries please!!

In4iblisseesthis

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I like Jigglypuff because she's so unique and she has such a unique playstyle. A PURE aerial character. Multiple jumps, super high aerial mobility, strong and quick aerials and her aerials have a lot of uses. However, she's still a bottom tier. Lol
Jigglypuff was extremely good in melee. WoP (wall of pain) with gimp combos!
I kind of think that Jigglypuff stole Kirby's fame and glory in Melee. Kirby should be in the top, while Jigglypuff gets humiliated.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Oooh I got a stage idea!

Phantom Road - At first you'd start fighting on the track like a normal fight but then at times the track will flip upside-down and well you'd be fighting upside down. The Fzero Machines would still be racing but sometimes they'll crash into each other and explode which can cause you to go flying off the stage. What do you think?

D

Deleted member

Boy is this thread flying by fast. Now this is more like what I like to see.

@JavaCroc: Great stage concept. I quite enjoyed Coin Launcher even with it's bland set-up , but and for it to represent Nintendo's history would be infinitely more enjoyable.

Also, since you're becoming more interested in Deoxys, you might want to check out Operation Hoenn Rising, a site made by Shortiecanbrawl.
SSBFan, I'm pretty sure JavaCroc was asking for supporters out of origin not followed support. Meaning the people that like the character and can offer points on why he is valid.

And no, we don't need Micaiah, we'll already be getting Victini.
I think these people genuinely support Victini on their own. I know that I, Shortiecanbrawl, Jack_the_monke7, and Weroup does. I would also say that Pieman0920 supports Victini's inclusion as he was one of the first Victini supporter I knew.
It'll probably involve MANNING UP.

Also I'm surprised you didn't mention me as a Victini supporter SSBF. Though I guess technically I'm not. SO GOOD ON YOU.
Sorry for forgetting you. Adding you to the list...

- Me (Obviously)
- You
- Barabsol (Not sure of the extend, but it's apparent he wants Victini in)
- Shortiecanbrawl
- Jack_the_monke7 (GameFAQs)
- Weroup (GameFAQ and he has an account here as well)
- xIblisx
- Oasis_S
- Pieman0920 (Unless I'm wrong)
nLiM8d said:
Victini Replaces Jigzy
Mewtwo Replaces Lucario
Deoxys becomes a star?

Boy am I liking this.
Definitely wouldn't want Jigglypuff to go and I believe the characters in Brawl should stay, but I would have no problem for Mewtwo to get in over Jigglypuff since I prefer Mewtwo over Jigglypuff despite me liking both Pokemons.

A Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Victini roster wouldn't be too bad in my eyes. Also, what do people think of this roster below for Pokemon?

- Pikachu
- Johto Pokemon Trainer
- Deoxys
- Lucario
- Victini

This would represent the five Pokemon gens. It would understandably upset some fans that Jigglypuff is removed but this would give Pokemon more variety and at least show that Lucario should not be removed just because his time on the spot light has passed.
Opelucid said:
Phantom Road - At first you'd start fighting on the track like a normal fight but then at times the track will flip upside-down and well you'd be fighting upside down. The Fzero Machines would still be racing but sometimes they'll crash into each other and explode which can cause you to go flying off the stage. What do you think?
Would be interesting, but I think it's too gimmicky and unpredictable; which could really interfere with fighting. At least Spear Pillar didn't do this all the time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oooh I got a stage idea!

I automatically got confused looking at the pic.

(MaybethenwecouldcutJigglyfromthegame) :troll:
GET EM

^^ that's what I said!!

Kirby>>>Jiggs!!

Deal With It!!

It go down that way though :awesome:

Would you consider N as a trainer for Smash 4? After all he does seem like Giovanni but more relevent, Zoroark is bad!! No furries please!!

In4iblisseesthis

wut

I gave it my money willingly to pay for its hospital bills for my heart is my strongest muscle.

STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

Coin Launcher was a bit better than how you got trophies in Melee at least. Though it's so slow and the design is so boring it's not very enjoyable. Maybe a Pinball-like game would be better. SOMETHING. Adding other Nintendo character-related THINGS is a good idea too.
LOL

oh and coin launcher was stupid and a waste of space, instead making that they could have added more characters.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
^^^ OH MY GOD BASED GOD.

Sonic R holds the truth for Sonic Games coming back to their original glory!

All we have to do is believe

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Sonic should definitely look like this in Smash4

Alright all jokes aside, I seriously think Sakurai should get rid of Masterpiece... I don't think I used it once.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Alright all jokes aside, I seriously think Sakurai should get rid of Masterpiece... I don't think I used it once.
Masterpieces really is a waste of space. It's redundant, and there are better options to implement.

P.S.: No more stupidity, please.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just what this thread needs, more derp.
Oh look who's complaining now? Mister "where do I place on the derp tier" Oso.

Anyways... Speaking of Sonic. If everyone could choose one new Sonic stage what would your choice be?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I think Star here is the only person who is immune of derpiness around here, glad to see you hold on strong, respect for you!!

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

I actually did try Masterpieces, but I stopped because I CAN'T HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF HOW GOOD OCARINA OF TIME IS WITH 5 ******* MINUTES, AND I CAN'T DECIDE "Ooh, F-Zero looks cool!" IF I CAN'T EVEN FINISH THE COURSE.

Kill Masterpieces. Worthless, wasted, and stupid. Didn't they even actually have the full games on there, but slapped on a time limit to make you buy the games instead?

Does anyone like or notice my idea for Coin Launcher other than SSBFan?

(Itoldyou,nLiM8D,theyneverlisten) :p

EDIT: @Mario&SonicGuy:

You cannot grasp the true power of Weegee!

Steam

Smash Hero
- Pieman0920 (Unless I'm wrong)Definitely wouldn't want Jigglypuff to go and I believe the characters in Brawl should stay, but I would have no problem for Mewtwo to get in over Jigglypuff since I prefer Mewtwo over Jigglypuff despite me liking both Pokemons.

A Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Victini roster wouldn't be too bad in my eyes. Also, what do people think of this roster below for Pokemon?

- Pikachu
- Johto Pokemon Trainer
- Deoxys
- Lucario
- Victini

This would represent the five Pokemon gens. It would understandably upset some fans that Jigglypuff is removed but this would give Pokemon more variety and at least show that Lucario should not be removed just because his time on the spot light has passed.Would be interesting, but I think it's too gimmicky and unpredictable; which could really interfere with fighting. At least Spear Pillar didn't do this all the time.
I would live with it... one poke for each gen means lucario's in forever :bee: , but that's probably not going to happen :V

Tho I wouldn't say Lucario's time in the spotlight has completely passed just yet. while he's not actively hyped he's still one of the current franchise mascots of pokemon... I figure he's got a few more years yet before he'll start to fade.

also I just realized that Lucario was unveiled way back in 2005... do you think that would help zoroark at all? because I don't remember Luc being all that popular before brawl.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually did try Masterpieces, but I stopped because I CAN'T HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF HOW GOOD OCARINA OF TIME IS WITH 5 ******* MINUTES, AND I CAN'T DECIDE "Ooh, F-Zero looks cool!" IF I CAN'T EVEN FINISH THE COURSE.

Kill Masterpieces. Worthless, wasted, and stupid. Didn't they even actually have the full games on there, but slapped on a time limit to make you buy the games instead?

Does anyone like or notice my idea for Coin Launcher other than SSBFan?

Well I do want the Coin Launcher to come back, since it offers a bigger challenge than Melee's Lottery.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh hush, I saw it. I didn't get a chance to respond because this place keeps updating like every second.

As for the idea I enjoyed it. You definitely improved what was a great concept, but a little flawed in execution.

I think Star here is the only person who is immune of derpiness around here, glad to see you hold on strong, respect for you!!

I get enough derpiness at work. I've built up a tolerance for it, that's why I'm immune. :\

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I don't remember anything about Lucario being that popular either, I do remember people thinking he was a legendary though. I'm still hoping for Zoroark though... speaking of Zoroark do we have a Zoroark alliance yet?

His FS will definitely be YES WE CAN :p

Steam

Smash Hero
I don't remember anything about Lucario being that popular either, I do remember people thinking he was a legendary though. I'm still hoping for Zoroark though... speaking of Zoroark do we have a Zoroark alliance yet?
yeah same... maybe Zoroark has a better shot than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom