• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Holy hand grenade, batman!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=103521

How did I not know about this? Layton supporters must rally around this interview and spread the gentlemanly word of Layton! Those Travis Touchdown fans now have NOTHING on Hershel!

:phone:
Count me in for a Layton supporter.

Here's the entire stage roster that I had (some stages have music for them too but since some are lacking I won't post the music). Also, keep in mind that this is slightly based off my character roster as well, and each character on the roster has a homestage.

Mario
Rainbow Road\Good Egg Galaxy
Luigi's Mansion 2
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee)
Bowser's Castle
Delfino Plaza (Brawl)
Battle Stage

Yoshi
Hop! Hop! Donut Lifts!
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Wario

WarioWare 2.0

Donkey Kong
Mine Cart Madness
Crocodile Isle
Jungle Japes (Melee)

The Legend of Zelda
Skyward Sword stage
Hyrule Temple (Melee)
Death Mountain
Spirit Tracks

Olimar
Pikmin 3 stage\Perplexing Pool (depending on whether or not Pikmin 3 is released)

Metroid

Sector Zero
Norfair (Brawl)
Brinstar (Melee)

Pokemon
Castelia City
Poke Floats (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium 3
Pokemon Tower

Kid Icarus
SkyWorld (Brawl)
UnderWorld

Kirby
Green Greens (Melee)
Mt. Dedede
Halberd (Brawl)

Star Fox
Great Fox
Sauria
Venom (Melee)

Fire Emblem

Altea
Castle Siege (Brawl)

Earthbound

Onett (Melee)
Nowhere Island

F-Zero
Fire Field
Port Town Aero Dive (Brawl)

Golden Sun
Mercury Lighthouse

I don't have stages for any of the 3rd parties, Starfy, Punch Out, or Sin & Punishment because I don't know enough about the series.
I like the choice of Hop! Hop! Donut Lifts! for a Yoshi stage. That or "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy" are the ideal new Yoshi's Island stages.

I think we should get a Wario Land stage along with the inevitable WarioWare stage. The series is deserving of representation beyond a single sticker and Wario's Side Smash. And Wario is plenty deserving enough to warrant two stages.

Also, Fire Emblem can have three stages if Star Fox can have three, especially if the series gains a new rep.

Otherwise, good list.

I think a remake of the original game is enough to make it somewhat of a franchise.

Some examples:
- Me (Obviously)
- You
- Barabsol (Not sure of the extend, but it's apparent he wants Victini in)
- Shortiecanbrawl
- Jack_the_monke7 (GameFAQs)
- Weroup (GameFAQ and he has an account here as well)
But that remake was contained as a bonus mode in an otherwise unrelated game of an otherwise unrelated franchise. I don't think it counts towards a franchise.

I'm not necessarily in full support of Victini. I like both Victini and Zoroark, and wouldn't mind both. Plus, I'm considering if we actually need to have playable representatives for the latest generation of Pokemon in every Smash Bros. My support is shifting more towards Deoxys for the fifth Pokemon rep because of his moveset potential and established popularity whereas we don't know if Victini's caught up yet or not. I'm not against Victini, though.

I suppose that makes me a Victini suppporter, nevertheless. :p

All of this recent stage discussion has got me hungry for another entry into the stage concept portfolio! Believe it or not this next concept is actually the first stage idea I ever had. It goes back even before Brawl was released. While no such stage came to fruition in Brawl, I'm hoping maybe this time I won't be disappointed. So saddle up your horses guys, we are about head out on another adventure!

** Hyrule Castle **
Yay, Hyrule Castle! Another good stage, StarPhoenix.

Man, I used to design a lot of stages myself, and they included real diagrams showing the exact features. Too bad I deleted all of them. :c

No Omega, not if we take Java's ideas into account.
Are you referring to my idea of cameo appearances in Adventure Mode?

Java, Smashville was an AMAZING stage.

Also what proof of the masses does it say, people enjoy aerial over grounded?

I prefer a mix.
Well, I just assumed that people like aerial stages over grounded. No basis in fact, sorry.

I didn't mind Smashville too much, it was just odd to make the stage a platform floating above the actual village. If I ever hacked my Wii, I would add the autumn texture mod with the platform connected to the branch of a tree to Brawl because it looks better and makes more sense.

Anyway back on topic.

Is it pretty much a given that Stage Builder will be back but better this time?

I expect Stage Builder will return with some improvements, but I expect those changes to be fairly minimal and anticipate much of the same problems I had with Brawl's Stage Builder.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well if you're not going to make a FE stage, I may take a shot at it. I have a few ideas for stages from Marth's and Ike's games. So hopefully I will have something up soon. ;)
I second this, though mine will be based on FE9 or FE10, probably something to do with Daein, I shall post it in my discussion room as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well if you're not going to make a FE stage, I may take a shot at it. I have a few ideas for stages from Marth's and Ike's games. So hopefully I will have something up soon. ;)
Go ahead, be my guest. I already tilted my hand.

We gotta get off this chronic ***** dependency fellas

I notice that star's lookin for some love, seeing as how he posted that stage idea twice already.

Any takers?
Actually all I want is for somebody to pick up on something I posted in there that I thought was a fantastic idea... >_>

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
The only problem that I see with these 3 is that they'll pretty much be clones (Rosalina and Daisy clones of Peach and Dixie Kong a clone of Diddy Kong).

I really don't think daisy and rosalina would be clones, but I think dixie kong would be a clone.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well, I just assumed that people like aerial stages over grounded. No basis in fact, sorry.

I didn't mind Smashville too much, it was just odd to make the stage a platform floating above the actual village. If I ever hacked my Wii, I would add the autumn texture mod with the platform connected to the branch of a tree to Brawl because it looks better and makes more sense.
This Smashville?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think I saw Takamaru some where in there. I believe the NES game is getting a 3D remake like Excitebike. Japan-only, surely.

ALSO about that stage. It's decent, but in my opinion it sounds a little boring. WINDOWS OPENING ISN'T FLASHY ENOUGH FOR MY TASTES.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For those of you who may not want to sift through the concept for what I was talking about, this.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Link's Awakening Nayru's Song ~ Ballad of the Windfish

Do you understand how amazingly well these two songs would fit together? I was hoping someone would comment on it. :|

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I second this, though mine will be based on FE9 or FE10, probably something to do with Daein, I shall post it in my discussion room as well.

All right, I'll let you take FE9-10, I wanted to work on FE1-3,11,12 anyway. ;)

I know a few locations and have a perfect song list to back it up, thank god for importing. :)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Actually all I want is for somebody to pick up on something I posted in there that I thought was a fantastic idea... >_>
@STAR:
Around here is the star ko boundary? Right?
BBBB..BBBB <- I understand this.
.......|...... <- Random wall?
......__....... <- This isn't a platform O.o
__.........__
....\___/.... <- Are these slants? I'm guessing it's walk-off too?
Derp. You should look at my post then.

For those of you who may not want to sift through the concept for what I was talking about, this.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Link's Awakening Nayru's Song ~ Ballad of the Windfish

Do you understand how epicly these two songs would fit together? I was hoping someone would comment on it. :|
You are blind son.

I really don't think daisy and rosalina would be clones, but I think dixie kong would be a clone.
Moveset differences please

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Derp. You should look at my post then.
Sorry, my example got a litte messy.

What it is is you fight on a main floor:

There are stairs on both sides that gently slope into higher flooring.

_____..............................______
.........\........................../

Above the stage, towards the center, is the chandelier.

..|
..|
..|
___

Above the chandelier are two balconies, one of the left and right.'

BBBB...|...BBBB

Naw he wanted someone to pick up on his music choice. Which is what I'm doing now: Iffy on the second song. Love the first.
How could you not like Ballad of the Windfish?! :O

Anyways, if these songs were remixed together I could see them becoming a beautiful piece. Shoot, I should do the remix myself!

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling Geno might be in SSB4. He has gotten so much in the past for Brawl. If I wanted anyone from any game to be in SSB4, I either want Dion Blastser or Eric from 1080 Snowboarding but they would never make it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
ohhhh I like it. Does the chandelier follow momentum? Like if I landed on it, would it shake? If someone hit it in a direction, would it swing? While swinging would it become an active hitbox? Can it fall?

Is the stage walk-off?

OmegaXXII

All right, I'll let you take FE9-10, I wanted to work on FE1-3,11,12 anyway. ;)

I know a few locations and have a perfect song list to back it up, thank god for importing. :)
Hmm..sounds like a plan then, I shall look forward to seeing your version of an FE stage, it's good to see some new ideas pertaining the franchise, I shall post mine soon enough. :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For females, I think the only ones with a shot (no matter how slight) are Dixie Kong, Captain Syrup, Midna & Wolf Link, Medusa, Krystal, and Micaiah.

You could probably throw Daisy, Rosalina, Mona, Ashley, Jody Summers, Kumatora in some other LESSER LEAGUE. I'll go ahead and mention Veran for the heck of it.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: A Zelda stage inside Hyrule Castle would be very interesting to see. That said, I'm on the same boat as you in that I'm not really interested in Zelda, just the music.
xIblisx said:
My homie, SSBF. Haha
*High Five*
JavaCroc said:
I'm not necessarily in full support of Victini. I like both Victini and Zoroark, and wouldn't mind both. Plus, I'm considering if we actually need to have playable representatives for the latest generation of Pokemon in every Smash Bros. My support is shifting more towards Deoxys for the fifth Pokemon rep because of his moveset potential and established popularity whereas we don't know if Victini's caught up yet or not. I'm not against Victini, though.

I suppose that makes me a Victini suppporter, nevertheless.
I consider anyone who wants to see Victini in the game and voice it a few times a supporter unless of course they lose interest in it. That said, I will agree that it isn't necessary to rep the current gen with a playable character as I would be fine with Deoxys taking the fifth spot (Who I consider deserving and should have been in Brawl), Mewtwo replacing Lucario, and no 5th gen rep. However, I am throwing my support towards Victini because a 5th gen rep is inevitable. That and I actually want to see him in Smash(along with Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Genesect).

I actually wouldn't mind both Victini and Zoroark getting in together. If we do get five slots like I hope it happens, my opinion on Zoroark will switch to neutral. If only four, not so much.
TL OWNS U said:
I have a feeling Geno might be in SSB4. He has gotten so much in the past for Brawl. If I wanted anyone from any game to be in SSB4, I either want Dion Blastser or Eric from 1080 Snowboarding but they would never make it.
I want to see Geno in Smash, but he's simply improbable. His support has dropped a lot, he is barely relevant in the video game world, he's not that important to the Mario series, etc. The only reason why he has a slight chance is because of a VC release of Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars and that he had massive popularity back in the Brawl day.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
God damn this sucks, I can't flex my arm, without opening the cut and making it bleed a little. I wonder how I'm going to practice today.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
ohhhh I like it. Does the chandelier follow momentum? Like if I landed on it, would it shake? If someone hit it in a direction, would it swing? While swinging would it become an active hitbox? Can it fall?

Is the stage walk-off?
Lol, I already said it could be damaged enough to where it can crash onto the floor. So yes, you can lose the chandelier. As far as the swinging is concerned, I think it can go back and forth, but it wouldn't have a hit box.

It is walk off, but it is vast.

OmegaXXII

@Oasis: You forgot Caeda, she has a realistic chance as well, not that it matters though since The Black Knight will have his day!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: A Zelda stage inside Hyrule Castle would be very interesting to see. That said, I'm on the same boat as you in that I'm not really interested in Zelda, just the music.*
Don't get me wrong, I love playing Zelda games. I just never really get hyped about them. Hyrule Castle would have me hyped beyond all else.

I would love to see this, one of the most epic songs ever to be heard is awaiting your creation!

Too bad I bombed in OCRemix's Robot Master Remix tournament. Very discouraging. :(

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
God damn this sucks, I can't flex my arm, without opening the cut and making it bleed a little. I wonder how I'm going to practice today.
It'll probably involve MANNING UP.

Also I'm surprised you didn't mention me as a Victini supporter SSBF. Though I guess technically I'm not. SO GOOD ON YOU.

@Omega: I would never mention Caeda.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@N: Hyrule is wacky though, so i wouldn't be surprised if it had pits in it. Not making it a walk-off.

@SSBF: *High Fives back*

@Star: Opps, I think I skimmed over that part. I think giving it an active hitbox though would be cool. You could use it for strategies and such.

For example, I'm getting away from my opponent(s). We are on opposite balconies. I drop through, bair the Chandelier, and it swings and becomes active. I've successfully gotten away.

@Oasis: I know the meaning of manning up, last year I had to march and play soccer with a messed up knee. This is worse. Derp.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
How so? Daisy is pretty much Peach with brown hair and a yellow dress and Rosalina is really just Peach with Blue instead of Pink.

Rosalina would be heavy, and her star would be like olimars pikimin.

And Daisy would use flowers for her attacks because thats her symbol.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: Opps, I think I skimmed over that part. I think giving it an active hitbox though would be cool. You could use it for strategies and such.

For example, I'm getting away from my opponent(s). We are on opposite balconies. I drop through, bair the Chandelier, and it swings and becomes active. I've successfully gotten away.
Eh, you're probably right on that one. I was just concerned about how that would work with it being a drop down platform. But that might have been my own qualm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom