• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Link stages. I've dislike the brawl Link stage. 64 and Melee's stages have been better.
Oh goodness, I remember always B-throwing people up into the bottom of the main platform on Termina bay, where they'd bounce off downward and get KO'd.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Holy hand grenade, batman!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=103521

How did I not know about this? Layton supporters must rally around this interview and spread the gentlemanly word of Layton! Those Travis Touchdown fans now have NOTHING on Hershel!

:phone:
I'd much rather have Layton over Travis Touchdown. I may know very little about Layton and he may not be a character I have a lot of attachment too. But he is 10x better than Cloud, Ryu and Travis Touchdown.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
On that note, I think they should map the Hidden location (HG/SS) where Arceus resides.
That would be awesome to have the Sinjoh Ruins as a stage, Arceus is just that awesome. :cool:

At this the other Pokemon stages I can only see happening are:

N's Castle (Black/White)
Distortion World (Platinum)
PS3
Sinjoh Ruins (Heartgold/Soulsilver)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm out too! I got to alcohol these cuts some more, and get ready for practice.

Today is movie night too, so I might try to hit up this colorguard girl ;)

Oh and Omega, I mean Supper Derp, stupidity hasn't left if you are still around. GET EM.

We out.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So yeah, Toad is balls.

Anyway, if Meowth got in, his stage should be the Rocket Hideout. Teleporters and conveyer belts out the wazoo.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That would be awesome to have the Sinjoh Ruins as a stage, Arceus is just that awesome. :cool:

At this the other Pokemon stages I can only see happening are:

N's Castle (Black/White)
Distortion World (Platinum)
PS3
Sinjoh Ruins (Heartgold/Soulsilver)

First you mentioned PS1, now PS3??
Sony's console?!!!!

Kidding, kidding, Pokemon Stadium 3 would be nice, how would N's castle look like.

Also an Indigo Plateau stage would be nice.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...It's kind of funny. Pokemon actually has a lot of great stage choices. Weird how they'd go with something as bland as Pokemon Stadium. Not sure I get the Pokefloats love. That was so random. NOT THAT THAT'S A BAD THING.

IN THE BRAWL DAYS I wanted a Sootopolis City stage with Groudon and Kyogre fighting.

Burned Tower and Distortion World are great too.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So yeah, Toad is balls.

Anyway, if Meowth got in, his stage should be the Rocket Hideout. Teleporters and conveyer belts out the wazoo.
Awesome idea, instead if Meowth though how about having Giovanni or Team Rocket playable instead. :bee:

Shortie's Burned Tower with Suicune was also a great stage concept.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
...It's kind of funny. Pokemon actually has a lot of great stage choices. Weird how they'd go with something as bland as Pokemon Stadium. Not sure I get the Pokefloats love. That was so random. NOT THAT THAT'S A BAD THING.

IN THE BRAWL DAYS I wanted a Sootopolis City stage with Groudon and Kyogre fighting.
Yeah, that is pretty funny along with the Star Fox clones. But then I remember Sakurai and it all starts to make sense. :awesome:

It's to bad Sootopolis didn't get a stage, I think most everyone was expecting that to happen, but no, the 3rd Gen just became Pokeball Pokemon. :(

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So yeah, Toad is balls.

If only! Back in the Brawl days, I was a rabid Meowth supporter. In fact, he was my third most wanted character under Diddy and Dedede(Well and K Rool... but I knew he never stood a chance). Sigh... Meowth missed his chance and now we have to settle for the likes of Victini and Zoroark.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
This is probably a dumb idea but what if for Link and TL (if he's in the next SSB) you could select weapons for their Side B, Down B, and Standard B. While I like the idea of this, it could really make Link (and TL) too OP if the right combination is made.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All of this recent stage discussion has got me hungry for another entry into the stage concept portfolio! Believe it or not this next concept is actually the first stage idea I ever had. It goes back even before Brawl was released. While no such stage came to fruition in Brawl, I'm hoping maybe this time I won't be disappointed. So saddle up your horses guys, we are about head out on another adventure!

Hyrule Castle makes it triumphant return! But this time modeled more after the real thing. The first screenshot doesn't really capture the interior of Hyrule Castle well, but anyone who has played and completed Twilight Princess know what it looks like. And yes, you will be fighting inside the castle. The design will be a mixture between Twilight Princess and the Zelda Wii U tech demo.

but the layout will be like A Link to the Past.

You will see statues, balconies, large windows, chandeliers, torches, red carpeting, and marble flooring comprise much of the background. You will fight on the main floor with stairs to the left and right leading to higher levels. There will ba a large overhead chandelier that will act as it's own platform, also enabling you to reach a high off balcony to the left. Damage the chandelier too much and it will crash onto the floor below, never to be used again. :'(

Lighting will be flashing in the background and strong winds will blow open the windows, casuing the torches to flicker. Affecting the lighting in the stage. When the torches go out only the brief flashes of lightning will illuminate the stage. But don't worry, eventually the windows will close and the torches will rekindle.

This is a stage that has more to do with it's grandeur than anything. There isn't any tricks or gimmicks outside of the chandelier. Which, by the way, if broken makes the balcony inaccessible by any normal means.

Stage Example*:

BBBB..BBBB
.......|......
......__.......
__.........__
....\___/....

*: "B" represents Balcony. Dots are only for spacing.

Stage Name: Hyrule Castle
Stage Icon: Triforce

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Hyrule Castle
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Stone Tower Temple
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Ganondorf Battle
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Link's Awakening Nayru's Song ~ Ballad of the Windfish
Legend of Zelda: Tiwlight Princess - Sacred Grove
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Sanctuary Dungeon
Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link - Temple (Brawl)
Legend of Zelda: Main Theme (Brawl)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Midna's Lament (Brawl)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Dark World (Brawl)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Hidden Mountain & Forest (Brawl)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The Hidden Village (Brawl)

Some of you may be wondering why so many Bridge of Eldin tracks have been added to this stage? If you know my past discussions you know I don't feel we will see that stage return. Since much of it's music is iconic and not something to be waster it will more then likely be relocated here. With some tracks going to a certain other Zelda stage, the inevitable Skyward Sword stage. Hope you guys enjoy this as usual.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Which girl characters are most likely to be in ssb4?
I think daisy, rosalina, and dixie kong.

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc said:
However, Takamaru does not represent a franchise - he represents only one obscure NES game, really. His mode in Samurai Warriors 3 was really just a "bonus" mode which doesn't really count towards his "series". Just clarifying.
I think a remake of the original game is enough to make it somewhat of a franchise.
JavaCroc said:
Fifth, thank you.
You're welcome.
JavaCroc said:
Sixth, I'd like to see some true Victini supporters other than you, because I haven't been seeing any other true supporters out there. Can you point out any?
Some examples:
- Me (Obviously)
- You
- Barabsol (Not sure of the extend, but it's apparent he wants Victini in)
- Shortiecanbrawl
- Jack_the_monke7 (GameFAQs)
- Weroup (GameFAQ and he has an account here as well)
Oasis_S said:
Was it with Victory Road? :o

I hated that song in Brawl, lol.
I would love to see that song make a reappearance in SSB4. One of my favorite Pokemon track.
Hoots said:
Holy hand grenade, batman!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=103521

How did I not know about this? Layton supporters must rally around this interview and spread the gentlemanly word of Layton! Those Travis Touchdown fans now have NOTHING on Hershel!
This is awesome. Layton would make a great and extremely creative character in Smash and given that he is the best selling DS exclusive game, I would have no qualms with him making an appearances as a playable character.

His chances has just gone slightly up.
BlueZelda said:
The only realistic choices are Dixie Kong and Medusa.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Oh dear... I'll just let that one go.

@nlim8d: why the **** is Mewtwo a friendly superhero? What the hell, man?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If only! Back in the Brawl days, I was a rabid Meowth supporter. In fact, he was my third most wanted character under Diddy and Dedede(Well and K Rool... but I knew he never stood a chance). Sigh... Meowth missed his chance and now we have to settle for the likes of Victini and Zoroark.

YEAH, while I don't think he's very likely, I admit he's a bit overdue. Though... I suppose he's so overdue he's been forgotten huh.

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Meowth, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo.

THERE'S YOUR FIVE SLOTS.

FIRST GEN IS NUMBER ONE WOOO

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Here is an interesting topic I Just thought of, in Brawl each series saw one returning Melee stage (bar Ice Climbers). If we go by that process we could expect one stage to return from Brawl for each series (though in Mario's case it might be two-three). If you could pick one stage to return and one to be disbanded, what would they be? If you need help figuring it out, here is the list:

**stages**
Here are my choices for Brawl past stages:
  • Mario Circuit
  • Delfino Plaza (good home stage for Bowser Jr.)
  • 75m (as much as I hate this stage)
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Pirate Ship
  • Norfair
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Castle Siege
  • Port Town Aero Drive
  • Skyworld
  • Spear Pillar
  • Distant Planet
  • Summit
  • Flat Zone 2
  • PictoChat
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Shadow Moses Island
Honestly, there's enough good stages in all the Smash Bros. games that we should bring back many past stages from all the previous games.

I added Skyworld because Kid Icarus can get two stages if it gets a second rep. I think Summit, Flat Zone 2, and Distant Planet are very good stages for the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Olimar, and I can't think of anything better for those characters. Fire Emblem deserves to keep Castle Siege. PictoChat is just a good basic stage. Green Hill Zone and Shadow Moses Island were perfect stages for Sonic and Snake respectively.

Now where was that post...

Yehs.

Also Shortie and Star are huge jerks. Everytime Shortie goes on about Kanan, I have to go listen to Meowmeowmeowmeowmeow~ because Star posted it once. HUGE JERKS.
I like this idea for a new Pokemon Stadium. It's a little twist on the generic formula we're now used to for Pokemon Stadium stages.

My personal Pokemon stage roster for SSB4 includes:
  1. Pokemon Stadium 3 (I'd like it renamed Pokemon Colosseum, personally; the home stage of Pokemon Trainer and perhaps Pikachu)
  2. 5th-Gen or 3rd-Gen Pokemon Stage (A 5th-Gen Pokemon can then have it's own home stage. On the other hand, if we don't get a 3rd-Gen Pokemon, a 3rd-Gen stage could partially make up for the lack of 3rd-Gen character representation; either a 5th-gen Pokemon's or 3rd-Gen Pokemon's home stage)
  3. Poke Floats 2 (Takes place above the buildings of Saffron City this time; it's similar in concept to the original Poke Floats, but the players at one point land on the rooftop of the Silph Co. building in the city for original SSB nostalgia, and since it's in a city setting now, some of the floats have actual strings attached and act more like real floats; a good home stage for Jigglypuff, IMO)
  4. Spear Pillar (SSBB) (Because bringing back Pokemon Stadium 2 is a boring decision. And if Lucario returns, it gets a home stage)

In Melee we saw 3 stages return and several others revamped into new/modern stages. With Brawl we saw more returning stages from Melee and one absence in Icicle Mountain. I don't think it is so unreasonable to believe we will at least be receiving one stage for each franchise. After all, it only adds to the game. The only stage I question whether it will return or not is New Pork City, it is possible MOTHER will have no returning stage whatsoever. Meaning it will only get one stage, a new one.this!
New Pork City was no fun in Brawl. I hope it doesn't return. I'd prefer we get either Onett or Fourside from SSBM as a Mother past stage instead of New Pork.

I would, however, love to see New Pork City re-imagined as an Adventure Mode level.

Since past stages are being discussed, should Green Hill Zone and Shadow Moses Island return as past stages due to being 3rd party?
Green Hill Zone is just so iconic... to replace it with another Sonic stage is ridiculous. But I do not expect it to return, sadly.

Shadow Moses Island is in a similar situation. Personally, I'd like both stages to return as Snake and Sonic's home stages while we get new stages for the new third-party characters.

Back on the stages topic, I want to see more stages where the design is built into the locations. This is the big thing I loved about 64's stages. None of them seemed like they were just themed platforms with the stage in the background. I want to see more intricate locations like Thorntail Hollow, Phendera Drifts, and Gusty Garden Galaxy.
Completely agreed. The main problem I see with this, though, is we'd have a lot of grounded stages according to this, and people generally prefer aerial stages.

But Smashville, for example, looked ridiculous as a platform floating randomly above the actual village, IMO.

Just realized I forgot to add his final smash!

Babynapping: Kamek disappears and a massive version of his head looms in from the background, he waves his wand over the screen and all enemies are turned into Baby versions of themselves. For the rest of the stock, the enemy acts as if they just touched a poison mushroom.
Baby Ganondorf? That would blind someone!

Please, no baby characters, I beg of thee. I don't want infant Snake or toddler Wolf in my Smash Bros.

But I'm not against Kamek himself. If F-Zero gets a new rep simply because it hasn't got a new rep since the original SSB, why can't Yoshi get a new rep?

I'm aware F-Zero is more deserving in this case, but I think a second Yoshi character is fine.

Both actually, but moreso it had to do more with Sakurai's interest than anything, I believe Jiggs could have easily gotten axed but Sakurai's interest is what kept her in the end, I think.

HOLD IT!

This proves something but I can't point it out though.... How did she stay? Fanbase or Sakurai's interest....
I think Sakurai actually intended Jigglypuff to go. I'll post my theory on Brawl's intended roster eventually.

Yes, I got the 20,000th post. Go me.
I have to agree. Ridley is a necessity at this point. Along with King K. Rool, Little Mac, and one of the following:
Isaac
Saki Amamiya
Starfy
Ray (Custom Robo)
I think all four characters should get in. We should get all this new franchise representation. If possible, Sakurai should also add in Chibi-Robo, another smaller franchise of Nintendo's and a character with great potential.

Omega, just to make sure with you, this is Chibi-Robo:

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
The only problem that I see with these 3 is that they'll pretty much be clones (Rosalina and Daisy clones of Peach and Dixie Kong a clone of Diddy Kong).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Peach, Zelda, and Shiek.

Add me to that list SSBF, I really don't have any gripes with the character long as it doesn't get that one moveset.

Star, are all those fall through platforms?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Star

Great idea Star ;)

I've been wondering why they haven't yet brought back Hyrule Castle.

My only problem with it though is it might interfere with a Fire Emblem stage which may also be a castle.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Java, Smashville was an AMAZING stage.

Also what proof of the masses does it say, people enjoy aerial over grounded?

I prefer a mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom