• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Well if she can't be put in to the game when it's lanuched then mabe she could be dlc?

I don't have my hope's up but i would like to see her in ssb if not,i still have peach.

However, the Mario series already has 8 characters. I really doubt we'll be seeing any more Mario characters, especially ones that haven't done anything significant recently (Toad, Bowser Jr.).
I support Toad but I have to agree with this. Maybe there are too many reps. That's probably one disadvantage for Toad and Bowser Jr.

But I won't be surprised though if there are like 10 or 11 mario characters in Brawl >_>(Since it's Mario I guess. I mean it's nintendo's mascot series)

D

Deleted member

vVv Rapture said:
Also also, I want to see if there are any anti-Ridley people left, so if there aren't I can safely say we have won.
Doesn't look like we have any anti-Ridley supporter here. We can pretty much say that Ridley is one of the most likely new characters in the game, next to Little Mac and a new Pokemon rep.
CrimsonFeint said:
-checks in the new thread for the first time earlier today-

Hmmm, I wonder what they're talking about in this new thre-

-sees Ridley and Toad again-

/dies
If you have such a problem with Ridley and Toad discussion, bring up something new to the table.
PsychoIncarnate said:
Edit:I'm fairly certain that our rules for determining which characters get into smash don't really matter to Sakurai.

Remember when he "Deconfirmed" ROB because he appeared as multiple enemies in SSE?
Exactly, there's only four requirement:
- Not to be hated.
- Must have unique moveset potentials.
- Must have video game origin.
- Must have appeared on a Nintendo platform once.

There are no other ways to prove whenever or not a character is getting in. Anyone who tries to put in other "requirements" are in reality, just speculations and nothing else.
Master Peach said:
If he does add another Mario Character it'd probably be Rosalina, Waluigi, or someone more recent and significant.
I highly doubt either Rosalina or Waluigi are getting on. The only likely character I see is Bowser Jr. right now.
Thino said:
I start : Lucario
The only characters that has a chance of going are Wolf, Toon Link, and Lucario. Only the latter stands a good chance of being removed and I can see him being replaced by Mewtwo/5th gen Pokemon.
User33 said:
Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were both released well in advance of Brawl. Note that every single character from Brawl appeared in a game between the release of Melee and the release of Brawl with the exception of Pit for obvious reasons. If Sakurai wanted to include a character from Radiant Dawn, he would have done so in Brawl.

Now that there are new games in the series (two in fact), Sakurai will most likely look to those games for new Fire Emblem characters. Not Radiant Dawn.
You do realize that the cut-off date was probably 2006 with the exception of Sonic, right? Characters from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn appeared in 2007. Your arguments does not apply, even thought the game released before Brawl.
majora_787 said:
Brawl entered development in 2007. New additions included VERY new characters, such as Ike, Lucas, and Lucario, from that very generation. Olimar was probably the only "prior generation" character they added. Pit, Zamus, Wolf, and the others are older than that.
I think you're mistaken. It did not start development in 2007. If it started development in 2007, why was there an E3 2006 trailer that everyone got hyped up about mainly because Snake was in? Development started in October, 2005 and the cut-off date was probably sometimes in 2006.
Rosalina suporter said:
I think sonic will make it back in cose, hes in the mario olympic's.

Snake im not sure about..

Megaman i think will get in this time!

And on top of that, we have Square Enix collaborating with nintendo on a new mario game!

So we may see a lot of 3rd party's in ssb4!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I see what you're saying about samus, running around obliterating everything :p, so I guess I change my mind from against ridley to indifferent towards ridley, but I'd still like to see ridley as a boss. DS would be as op as samus would have been, if not more. I'm sure Sakurai can work something out to have DS playable.
Ridley could still be a boss, but playable, too. I mean, ROB was a generic enemy in SSE and playable, and a few other playable villains were bosses or mini-bosses in SSE, so I don't see why Ridley can't be both either. Or maybe Ridley could be playable and then another variation of Ridley (Meta Ridley, Neo Ridley, Omega Ridley, etc) could be a boss.

SA-X would be a really cool boss, though.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Relevance to her series.

She's in two games altogether, and really isn't all of that special. There are so many Mario characters that would get in much sooner than her such as Toad, Bowser Jr., and even Paper Mario. If we went further than three new Mario characters than you might start talking, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Brawl added none.
Captain Falcon was in but 2 games when the first Smash game was released, and he had even less moveset potential imo

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Doesn't look like we have any anti-Ridley supporter here. We can pretty much say that Ridley is one of the most likely new characters in the game, next to Little Mac and a new Pokemon rep.If you have such a problem with Ridley and Toad discussion, bring up something new to the table.Exactly, there's only four requirement:
- Not to be hated.
- Must have unique moveset potentials.
- Must have video game origin.
- Must have appeared on a Nintendo platform once.

There are no other ways to prove whenever or not a character is getting in. Anyone who tries to put in other "requirements" are in reality, just speculations and nothing else.I highly doubt either Rosalina or Waluigi are getting on. The only likely character I see is Bowser Jr. right now.The only characters that has a chance of going are Wolf, Toon Link, and Lucario. Only the latter stands a good chance of being removed and I can see him being replaced by Mewtwo/5th gen Pokemon.You do realize that the cut-off date was probably 2006 with the exception of Sonic, right? Characters from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn appeared in 2007. Your arguments does not apply, even thought the game released before Brawl.I think you're mistaken. It did not start development in 2007. If it started development in 2007, why was there an E3 2006 trailer that everyone got hyped up about mainly because Snake was in? Development started in October, 2005 and the cut-off date was probably sometimes in 2006.There's only three likely third-party characters: Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man. Expect more then that and you're going to be disappointed.
Feels good to find Radiant Dawn supporters.

Hey Super smash bros. fan
Your name had to be long
The only likely character I see is Bowser Jr. right now.
I got my hopes up not only ut on Toad but Jr. I got nothing against Jr. to be honest. It's just that he's not as iconic or important as Toad in the Mario series. But I guess he's a candidate for the next SSB.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
She's been in 3 game's not 2 lol.
Are you counting Mario Kart Wii, because that doesn't count.

That doesn't further validate your point.
It does effect a character's relevance.

Such as in the Pokemon main series, the Pokemon Trainer that was selected is not only the first one, but the one that has appeared in the most games. For the Pokemon main series, his relevance is very high, but a character in the Mario series that has only appeared that many times is a bit less relevant.

Rosalina is likely to be completely scrapped once the Super Mario Galaxy series is finished, which it most likely already is.

D

Deleted member

Feels good to find Radiant Dawn supporters.
I prefer Lyn over Micaich, but still think Micaich would make a decent third Fire Emblem rep.
Bassoonist said:
I don't agree with Rosalina being in the game nor do I want to see her in, but what makes spin-offs Toad/Bowser Jr. appears in so different from Rosalina?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Luigi's series was made in the same world as Mario's.
Oh, and Yoshi is apparently a part of his own "series" too, because he has his own icon in SSBB, but his games still happen in the same world as Mario's. I honestly don't know much about DK's and Wario's games to know whether or not they're in the same world as Mario's, so I'm going to ask if it was ever stated that they weren't.

@berserker01: Yeah, Mario is Nintendo's mascot series, but it's still rivaled by at least two other franchises as Nintendo's biggest money maker. I guess the question is whether the additional money it makes and its status as mascot warrant another 2-4 spots on the roster in Sakurai's eyes.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

Such as in the Pokemon main series, the Pokemon Trainer that was selected is not only the first one, but the one that has appeared in the most games. For the Pokemon main series, his relevance is very high, but a character in the Mario series that has only appeared that many times is a bit less relevant.

Rosalina is likely to be completely scrapped once the Super Mario Galaxy series is finished, which it most likely already is.
I'm sure that's what people said about Daisy after the first Mario Tennis game :p

I'm not following how relevance is the deciding factor here.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I think all 3 character's are likely candidate's for ssb why?

Rosalina has been in 3 games but one of them is new.. and came out after ssbb

Bowser.jr has been in a lot over the year's the next one he will be in will mp9 im gussing and probble toad to.

But what if rosalina is in the next mp that would make her 4 game's!

So any one of the character's have a chance!

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

I think it duess! Tell me why it don't count?

Oop's sorry dubble post:(

I think all 3 character's are lickely candidate's for ssb why?

Rosalina has been in 3 games but one of them is new.. and came out after ssbb

Bowser.jr has been in a lot over the year's the next one he will be in will mp9 im gussing and probble toad to.

But what if rosalina is in the next mp that would make her 4 game's!

So any one of the character's have a chance!
Rosalina only appeared in 3 games. She didn't have an important role in the whole mario series. nor she's even iconic and important to the mario series

Rosalina: Major role in the Mario Galaxy series and a character in Mario Kart Wii

Toad: Well... Appeared in mario bros. 1, 2,3 ..... Too much appearances and major roles. Never mind :/

Jr: Antagonist in sunshine, galaxy, new super mario bros wii and ds and appeared in a lot of spin-offs (Which proves he's one of the characters that should appear playable in all or most spin-offs).

Sorry but I don't see Rosalina having the chance to be in SSB 4

And please improve your spelling and grammar. You're making yourself sound weird. No offense. I'm just advising you.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Rosalina only appeared in 3 games. She didn't have an important role in the whole mario series. nor she's even iconic and important to the mario series

Rosalina: Major role in the Mario Galaxy series and a character in Mario Kart Wii

Toad: Well... Appeared in mario bros. 1, 2,3 ..... Too much appearances and major roles. Never mind :/

Jr: Antagonist in sunshine, galaxy, new super mario bros wii and ds and appeared in a lot of spin-offs (Which proves he's one of the characters that should appear playable in all or most spin-offs).

All I particularly care for, in terms of Rosalina, is just as an alternate costume for Peach. I honestly would like to see more character costumes, as opposed to more characters. Like villager link (Twilight princess), Rosalina Peach (Instead of Daisy :p) etc.

All I particularly care for, in terms of Rosalina, is just as an alternate costume for Peach. I honestly would like to see more character costumes, as opposed to more characters. Like villager link (Twilight princess), Rosalina Peach (Instead of Daisy :p) etc.
Maybe the alternate costume Rosalina can replace another color that does not bring any resemblance or some cameo.

Thino

Smash Master
You know what, don't base it on anything please just write your dream rooster or dream character moveset, sakurai has no base until now.
I agree completely . actually, I prefer those compared to the rosters that trying to prove

Relevance to her series.

She's in two games altogether, and really isn't all of that special. There are so many Mario characters that would get in much sooner than her such as Toad, Bowser Jr., and even Paper Mario. If we went further than three new Mario characters than you might start talking, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Brawl added none.
fair enough, like I said on the upper quote its not like I can use any base to argue with you since Sakurai doesnt necessarily choose the same

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

And please improve your spelling and grammar. You're making yourself sound weird. No offense. I'm just advising you.
Lol ok my spelling and your advising i guess they bann people if they can't spell like you? me ummm im useing google to spell so im good!

You'r more for Jr than you are for Toad and Rosalina you must be a fann?

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Personally, the more characters the better for me, just as long as those added characters are worth putting in. As much as Rosalina may have "relevance" in her series, she's truthfully just another character. I wouldn't add her just as I wouldn't add Daisy or Waluigi in the Smash series (playable, that is).

Lol ok my spelling and your advising i guess they bann people if they cant spell like you? me ummm im useing google to spell so im good!

You'r more for Jr than you are for Toad and Rosalina you must be a fann?
Please read it again.

It's quite the opposite. I'm more for Toad than Jr. but It would be better if they both got in. No I'm not a fan (Okay maybe I'm a fan for Toad but I wouldn't cry if he didn't get in.)

You don't get banned for it. I'm just giving an advice. Your spelling and grammar will make people look at you at the wrong way. (They might think of you as a kid or something). I'm not trying to start a fight. If you won't listen to me then it's your loss

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Please read it again.

It's quite the opposite. I'm more for Toad than Jr. but It would be better if they both got in. No I'm not a fan (Okay maybe I'm a fan for Toad but I wouldn't cry if he didn't get in.)
What do you want me to read again? i seen what you said i think toad and jr could get in.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Now you know why whenever he says something about a disccusion no one responds. As I've tried to read his posts it looks like his arguments are as bad as his spelling and grammar. Let's not go back over this again.

If he/she improves people will actually give him/her time.

:phone:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Personally, the more characters the better for me, just as long as those added characters are worth putting in. As much as Rosalina may have "relevance" in her series, she's truthfully just another character. I wouldn't add her just as I wouldn't add Daisy or Waluigi in the Smash series (playable, that is).
I agree completely, I wouldnt mind more characters, but I'm a costume kind of guy. Maybe some kind of costume editor, not as detailed as say... Soul Calibur 4, but maybe like, 2 -3 different hairstyles and 2 -3 different costumes, with a completely customizable palette or something.

Off to play TF2.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I meant the quote I put in my post. If you read it, then I'll shut up.
I re-read it and all i seen is you think i need to work on my spelling and gramer

cose people may look at me the wong way?

I see a few other people here who spell like me.

If people could not under stand me than,I dont think they would be replying to me lol.

LOl he or she you don't even no what i am,all you all want to do is start something!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol I'm supposed to know you are boy or girl? (That's the only thing I understood lol) so ill just stop it at that.

Maybe you should stop selective reading. That is, if you know what that means.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
And unlike Ike, who has also starred in only two mainstream titles, Rosalina has only been a support character. Ike was a main character in all of his appearances.

I think it's called Super Mario Galaxy not Super Rosalina Galaxy lol

Give Nintendo time, im sure she will have a chance to be a playable character in a Mario game!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh, and Yoshi is apparently a part of his own "series" too, because he has his own icon in SSBB, but his games still happen in the same world as Mario's. I honestly don't know much about DK's and Wario's games to know whether or not they're in the same world as Mario's, so I'm going to ask if it was ever stated that they weren't.
Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario have starred in at least one Mario title; mainstream and/or spin-off.

Basically, the way that I see it, all characters from the Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario series' are part of the whole Mario Universe.

In other words, characters such as Funky Kong, Mona, Tiki Tong, and Captain Syrup are Mario Universe characters. Even Mario Super Sluggers adds to this statement.

For characters like Link, Kirby, and Fox, however, those guys are NOT Mario Universe characters.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I think it's called Super Mario Galaxy not Super Rosalina Galaxy lol

Give Nintendo time, im sure she will have a chance to be a playable character in a Mario game!
To be completely honest old chap, aside from what everyone else is saying, the fact that your name is " Rosalina Supporter" kinda...... invalidates you. We all know that you LOVE Rosalina, and because many of us know she stands no chance, it's hard to take you seriously. For instance, my forum name is completely unrelated to Smash 4, so people are less likely to peg me as a biased tool. I would recommend doing the same. You just need to realize that Bowser Jr, Toad, Geno, Fawful, and hell, even Waluigi(God forbid) stand a better chance than Rosalina.

D

Deleted member

Hoots said:
You just need to realize that Bowser Jr, Toad, Geno, Fawful, and hell, even Waluigi(God forbid) stand a better chance than Rosalina.
I agree with all of your statement except the bolded. Geno is as unlikely if not more so then Rosalina.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be completely honest old chap, aside from what everyone else is saying, the fact that your name is " Rosalina Supporter" kinda...... invalidates you. We all know that you LOVE Rosalina, and because many of us know she stands no chance, it's hard to take you seriously. For instance, my forum name is completely unrelated to Smash 4, so people are less likely to peg me as a biased tool. I would recommend doing the same. You just need to realize that Bowser Jr, Toad, Geno, Fawful, and hell, even Waluigi(God forbid) stand a better chance than Rosalina.

I'm starting to have a feeling that that guy only registered here to discuss Smash Bros. Wii U, and his obsession with Rosalina.

Wake up fella. Rosalina will probably be made as an alternate outfit for Peach, and that's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom