• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't know about the 1st party. In fact, I don't know any other 3rd party that will be in SSB 4. Maybe Sonic, Snake and Mega Man.

I think his whip should be his new grab. Wait... Does he have his hook shot/grapple hook in skyward sword?
He has a bug thing that vaguely resembles the hookshot, but it isn't the same thing.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
i've read about the FE flaming and ike's prevailence in other forums as well. in usa, path of radiance faired slightly better than radiant dawn market wise. if you see the ratings, these games were very well received in usa. i dunno how much of a chance ike has in ssb4, but he has become very popular owing to appearance in both FE and brawl, much more than roy i dare say. dunno about his popularity in japan though. anyone know how ike ranks there? as a character i mean not his series.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I personally feel Brawl had a pretty complete character roster. I also feel Toad would be hella boring to play. If anything, I'd like to see Rosalina as a character, though I doubt she'd actually be one, so, just as an alternate for Peach would be fine by me. I feel there are 5 characters that should be added:

Lyn
Rosalina
Geno
Zoroark
Bowser Jr.

No Ridley no Mewtwo no Toad.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
i've read about the FE flaming and ike's prevailence in other forums as well. in usa, path of radiance faired slightly better than radiant dawn market wise. if you see the ratings, these games were very well received in usa. i dunno how much of a chance ike has in ssb4, but he has become very popular owing to appearance in both FE and brawl, much more than roy i dare say. dunno about his popularity in japan though. anyone know how ike ranks there? as a character i mean not his series.
From what I have heard ChronoBound say not too well. Roy, Marth, Sigurd, and Leaf are still the top dogs to my knowledge.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Ike with Donut head I owe you alot for siding with Ike....

User33

Smash Journeyman
Considering the total a series has had is 5 characters max (Mario), I'd say it a better indicator than none.
We start limiting ourselves by assuming too much though. Look at Melee. Every Pokemon character was featured in either the anime or a movie. Then Brawl came and we got Pokemon Trainer. In total, Ivysaur probably got....ten minutes of air time on the show?

He has a bug thing that vaguely resembles the hookshot, but it isn't the same thing.
If he doesn't have a boomerang...

B: Bow
Forward B: Bug grapple thing (It can grapple items)
Up B: Spin attack
Down B: Bomb (He has the option to roll it)

Grab: Whip

Tecmo anyone?

majora_787

Smash Hero
If he doesn't have a boomerang...

B: Bow
Forward B: Bug grapple thing (It can grapple items)
Up B: Spin attack
Down B: Bomb (He has the option to roll it)

Grab: Whip
Or maybe it could act as an attack that does a really long-ranged grab, but instead of throwing the opponent, it only holds them in place for just a little bit so Link can attack. I've seen characters with that kind of attack, and it works pretty nicely.

As long as Link doesn't suddenly get the ability to teleport... xD

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I personally feel Brawl had a pretty complete character roster. I also feel Toad would be hella boring to play. If anything, I'd like to see Rosalina as a character, though I doubt she'd actually be one, so, just as an alternate for Peach would be fine by me. I feel there are 5 characters that should be added:

Lyn
Rosalina
Geno
Zoroark
Bowser Jr.

No Ridley no Mewtwo no Toad.
Ew, stop trolling, you're bad at it.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Ew, stop trolling, you're bad at it.
Not trolling. I dont feel Ridley would fit in, toad would be boring, and there's really no reason to bring back Mewtwo. People need to accept the fact that Mewtwo will stay in Melee where he belongs. Zoroark will replace Lucario.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Not trolling. I dont feel Ridley would fit in, toad would be boring, and there's really no reason to bring back Mewtwo. People need to accept the fact that Mewtwo will stay in Melee where he belongs. Zoroark will replace Lucario.
Yet you suggest Rosalina, who has no particular unique characteristics I can think of.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
If you're trying to be punny, I will gouge you. -_-
Oh haha, no. I didn't mean to ^^; It's not just his size, I just cannot visualize fighting as him. I can see him as a boss, but not as a playable character :\

@Above
Luma, wand, etc. Moveset could be made from that, also, I stated that I do not think that she is a realistic character that will get in and stated that Rosalina as a costume for Peach would be more logical.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And for the record, I'm not insinuating Ike should be removed. I want him to stay, look at the little Ike head next to my name. Nor do I even believe that he will leave. But anyone expecting more characters from the Gamecube are is going to be severely disappointed.

... RYU HAYABUSHA....
Hmm....

*Imagines* RYU vs SHIEK

Cool.
Don't talk about Toad please or else you'll start another argument about him like what happened a few pages back and in the last discussion.

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
sakurai we need another DX or melee nothing else. if they make another smash like melee y buy wii U immediatly.

User33

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't make Ike's unpopularity any less valid. Eirika came before him and he isn't all that well received, nor is Eliwood.
Neither is Roy, neither are Lyn and Hector. The GBA games caused a significant drop in sales for the series in Japan.

It wasn't until the DS games when sales stopped dropping with each installment.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Hmm....

*Imagines* RYU vs SHIEK

Cool.

Is it cause of the size? Don't try it. Don't talk about Toad please or else you'll start another argument about him like what happened a few pages back and in the last discussion.
Oh sorry, I won't speak his name. And ridley just seems... wonky. I dont think he'd fit in the brawl universe as a playable character.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Oh haha, no. I didn't mean to ^^; It's not just his size, I just cannot visualize fighting as him. I can see him as a boss, but not as a playable character :\

@Above
Luma, wand, etc. Moveset could be made from that, also, I stated that I do not think that she is a realistic character that will get in and stated that Rosalina as a costume for Peach would be more logical.
Ridley can be resized...as has every single character has. Because if they weren't, the game wouldn't work.

That's great that it's your opinion, but when you back it up with "idk i cant see it working" or something like that, it just seems ridiculous. Because I could just shoot back with, "idk rosaline wouldn't fit she's from space" or something along the same level of stupidity.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
And for the record, I'm not insinuating Ike should be removed. I want him to stay, look at the little Ike head next to my name. Nor do I even believe that he will leave. But anyone expecting more characters from the Gamecube are is going to be severely disappointed.
But Ike isn't only a game cube character he is the main character in the Wii installment.....

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Neither is Roy, neither are Lyn and Hector. The GBA games caused a significant drop in sales for the series in Japan.

It wasn't until the DS games when sales stopped dropping with each installment.
That may be so, but the Gamecube series performed the worst out of them all. And in Japan (where you all admitted before the Fire Emblem fanbase counts) most of the characters are not well received. That is why Ike will be the sole representative, period.

But Ike isn't only a game cube character he is the main character in the Wii installment.....
You know what I mean... But for the sake of clarity Path of Radiance and Dawn Brigade, or should I just say the Ike installments?

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Ridley can be resized...as has every single character has. Because if they weren't, the game wouldn't work.

That's great that it's your opinion, but when you back it up with "idk i cant see it working" or something like that, it just seems ridiculous. Because I could just shoot back with, "idk rosaline wouldn't fit she's from space" or something along the same level of stupidity.
I'm not trying to debate. I'm simply stating my feelings. Again, I don't feel that Ridley's size is a factor here. He would be wonky and not feel correct in the smash universe. y u so uptight

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I think sonic will make it back in cose, hes in the mario olympic's.

Snake im not sure about..

Megaman i think will get in this time!

And on top of that, we have Square Enix collaborating with nintendo on a new mario game!

So we may see a lot of 3rd party's in ssb4!

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
That doesn't make Ike's unpopularity any less valid. Eirika came before him and he isn't all that well received, nor is Eliwood.
well u must know then that the reasen ike got a sequel is because his first game sold so well in usa. its not frequent for fe characters to get sequels unless there is something that compells them.

god this thread moves fast...

Thino

Smash Master
well the reason why you can be considered as trolling is that you use arguments like "I dont feel", "boring" and "no reason" and consider that a character "belongs" to a game just because he did not make it to the next installment

I'm not trying to debate. I'm simply stating my feelings. Again, I don't feel that Ridley's size is a factor here. He would be wonky and not feel correct in the smash universe. y u so uptight
Well.... It happened a lot of times.

I think there should be an FAQ here.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
well u must know then that the reasen ike got a sequel is because his first game sold so well in usa. its not frequent for fe characters to sequels unless there is something that compells them.
This isn't about the USA, my argumen has been in context of the Japanese reception of the series and it's characters. That has been what I have debating, but everyone keeps going off on points that have no relevance to what I am even talking about.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
well the reason why you can be considered as trolling is that you use arguments like "I dont feel", "boring" and "no reason" and consider that a character "belongs" to a game just because he did not make it to the next installment
I understand that, however, there's no reason for people to get all angry when I am simply stating my opinion. Don't like my views, don't reply. My thinking remains the same.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

Rosalina would fit shes a human lol, i have a filling you dont like her why?

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
And i think is more important discuss the gameplay of ssb4 than the characters that would add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom