• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oasis, Batman is not likely. Claus is. Batman is a DC character. How the hell can he get in the game? There are more potential fighters such as Harry Potter and Nathan Drake
Speaking of Harry Potter, Kumatora makes me think of Tonks for some reason.

Pink hair, I guess.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And I disagree, why did you say it isn't wrong when in fact it would just waste character roster space, there are way more demanded and popular character than a Nintend character, besides you have to really consider that the franchise isn't doing so well outside of Smash, it's pointless to include new reps unless you happen to get rid of some existing character already.

:phone:
Who says it would be a waste? Hypothetically he (Starman) could be one of the best characters to play as. Saying he would be a waste is an un-based opinion. Vice versa, a popular character such as Ridley could, inversely, be terrible to play as (or if you need a real precedent Mewtwo, sadly). Just debating the logic of that, not necessarily pushing a third Earthbound character.

No the franchise isn't so hot which is why focus will probably turn to more active series. But remember, characters are always at the discretion of the developers.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Who says it would be a waste? Hypothetically he (Starman) could be one of the best characters to play as. Saying he would be a waste is an un-based opinion. Vice versa, a popular character such as Ridley could, inversely, be terrible to play as (or if you need a real precedent Mewtwo, sadly). Just debating the logic of that, not necessarily pushing a third Earthbound character.

No the franchise isn't so hot which is why focus will probably turn to more active series. But remember, characters are always at the discretion of the developers.

Yea, I guess you have a point there, but that's only speaking hypothetically, not that it would actually happen unless of course Sakurai deems it necessary, it's he along with the polls that will ultimetly decide who gets in from each franchise or not.

It just bothered me because people are suggesting a character such as Nintend who would probably turn out to be a clone, not that he has potential, if we indeed got a 3rd rep, I'd much rather see Starman as he couldn't possibly be the same as Ness or Lucas movewise, I would prefer uniqueness over potential clone/semi-clone anyday.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Yea, I guess you have a point there, but that's only speaking hypothetically, not that it would actually happen unless of course Sakurai deems it necessary, it he along with the polls that will ultimetly decide who gets in from each franchise or not.

I just bothered me because people are suggesting a character such as Nintend who would probably turn out to be a clone, not that he has potential, if we indeed got a 3rd rep, I'd much rather see Starman as he couldn't possibly be the same as Ness or Lucas movewise, I would prefer uniqueness over potential clone/semi-clone anyday.

Starman would not be the best choice, Gygas (Main antagonist) or Ninten (First protagonist) would be better!

OmegaXXII

Giygas?!! NO!!

He doesn't and wouldn't make sense as a playable character, he's more like SSE Boss material than anything, alot of people have suggested this idea, not just me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ninten being the first protagonist doesn't make him the better choice. He's one of the worst choices ever. Like, ANOTHER Ness. And we all know Ness is just horrible. AWFUL. That's why you should just cut Ness and bring some variety with the Masked Man.

Giygas may work better as an Assist Trophy, I think. :V

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I mean, one of my ACTUALLY-BEING-SERIOUS-HERE-NOT-JOKING-AROUND complaints about Ness is how similar he is to Lucas. To lose Ness would hardly be losing any variety in the roster. Masked Man would be a much more interesting choice to replace him with, and would add to the variety. I'm not totally well-versed in the MOTHER series, but I think even among the notable characters, isn't the Masked Man one of the more interesting (viable) choices?

There's also Falco, but he's cool. Unlike Ness.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Ninten being the first protagonist doesn't make him the better choice. He's one of the worst choices ever. Like, ANOTHER Ness. And we all know Ness is just horrible. AWFUL. That's why you should just cut Ness and bring some variety with the Masked Man.

Giygas may work better as an Assist Trophy, I think. :V
Ness is one of the best things that happened! Would make more sense to get out Lucas than if it happen to Ness! I'm not saying that Luke should go out, quite the opposite, but it would be wiser on the part of Sakurai.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
SmashChu, Tingle is not as hated in Japan as he is in the west.

In the end, it comes down to who Sakurai hates, not who North America hates.
No, it very much does. Sakurai is not an idiot. He know that it is bad to add characters people hate (and let's not get into demographics. At least 1/3 of the markets for Smash hate Tingle). Sakurai has even said that he will add characters people will like. Remember Sakurai is trying to please players. Tingle assist trophy is the farthest he will get.

Also, what is with all this cut Ness stuff. Ness is more interesting than a character no one knows about. Heck, Ness is the only Earthbound character officially here in the western world. People like Ness and he is a staple after three games. He stays.

I am upset with the suggestions in this thread. Either they are bland Nintendo or rediculous third party characters. On third party characters, Sakurai will never add more than one or two and even that might not happen.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Who would you add Chu? Third Party speaking.
No one. This is a Nintendo all star game. Snake was more of a guest character than anything and they had to add Sonic.

The fun of Snake and Sonic is that they were different. If this was a normal thing, it would start to feel out of place and unorganized. People already think Snake is out of place. It's better to have none and not ruin the fun. Besides, there a quite a few good Nintendo characters left.

OmegaXXII

Ha! I like that pessimistic thinking of yours, so stubborn, yet realistic!'

Tingle<Balloon Fighter

..but even he is unlikely.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
someone in the past page mentioned the Original 12... i would, but im too tired and i need to do my homework before 11:30. just know that the very idea of O12 would be shattered.

i've played and passed MOTHER 3... i've played Earthbound, but only through the beginning... i've never played MOTHER... and i despise Ninten's model. it is hideous. i like the idea of claus and kumatora but i can only see masked man making it in seeing as it is a villain and is the same size as lucas so it would be easy to model... kumatora is a little bigger than lucas based on the crappy clay character design you may find on earthbound wiki. she is 17 in age so in the smash realm, she should pull a kid icarus, model-wise. but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom