• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes, more hitstun would be nice, I'm hoping some kind of combo system is also implemented, buff some characters, nerf Meta-Knight and make Ganon better, dash dancing would also be nice.

:phone:

Yeah. I hope dash dancing is back.

How about L-cancelling? Identical to Super Smash Bros. Melee, L-Canceling is now manual. A shield button press is required within a 6-frame window before landing during an aerial to cancel half of an aerial's landing lag. Manual L-Canceling increases the learning curve and adds technical demand to the game, and L-Canceling itself adds many options for characters who previously had too much landing lag on moves to be useful.

OmegaXXII

Oh yea, L-cancelling was my most used technique in Melee lol.. Always had my index finger ready on it, and since I mained Bowser it was a grat technique. that and wavedashing would make SSB4 one of my most played games of all time, too bad it might not happen though, also it needs to be faster, slow Brawl just killed it.

I think Bowser should be a rush down character. Fast speed with strong and quick attacks. The problem is his short range.

Samus' charge shot should be rapid fire/chargeable. It does 4% to 13% damage. Homing missiles are faster (10%) with poor tracking while super missiles deal 14% damage but they do not track the enemy. Morph ball is chargeable and her new dodge animation is sense move.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
L-Cancelling is kind of stupid, to be honest. It's an unnecessary middleman, I suppose you could say. Instead of making it an option to decrease the amount of landing frames, just decrease the amount of landing frames to begin with, lol.

Also for air dodging, it's not necessarily an "either or" situation. There's always the possibility of something new, y'know. Doesn't have to be like Melee's or Brawl's.

Sakurai wouldn't do that. There comes a point where nintendo has to think realistically. Well, not to the point where you add tripping. Lol

Air shielding :troll:?

OmegaXXII

Yea, Bowser definetly needs longer range, slide faster and make him buffer, after all he would be slow, also add invincibility frames when doing air dodges, it helps alot.

Samus's charge should deal at least 12%-20% as seeing it takes a long time to charge, on a note make the animation of the shot caster, less time to get a fully charge shot since in Brawl it would expose you to a punishing blow.

Also make Pokemon Trainer's pokemon not forcefully respawn a new pokemon, I would like it if they made the player input the command for choosing your pokemon instead rather than dying or switching pokemon everytime to do so.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I really do hate that with Pokemon Trainer, you're forced to play along with his stamina gimmick. :/

I JUST WANT TO PLAY AS CHARIZARD.

Bowser is not slow.... He's one of the faster characters in the game. I'd prefer it if he was a rush down demon like how he is in Mario 64 and Mario galaxy.

Fast speed
Short range
Powerful
Sort of quick I guess

AND REMOVE THE STUPID STAMINA OF POKEMON TRAINER DAMMIT. Make all transformation specials faster. Especially PT. Make Zelda's din's fire like some time bomb.

When you let go of the B button, the flame stays there and explodes in about 2-3 seconds. You can throw as much as you want. Make Nayru's love faster, farore's wind EXTREMELY easy to control and quicker.

OmegaXXII

Bowser is not really a fast character, fast dasher yes, but yes it would be epic if they made him as broken as Giga Bowser in Melee lol.. :awesome:

That PT Stamina is dumb, what was Sakurai thinking!!?? Just make him like everybody else, it's not like any of those Pokemon are even broken. :/

REALISM......... Soon, the gimmick will happen to everyone......... Trip rate will be increased to 99%.

Pokemon Trainer has severe issues.

This is partly due to players being forced to master all three Pokémon playstyles. The stamina problem forces a PT player to make crucial decisions about whether to try and switch safely or to just keep piling on the damage and hope for a KO, with the problem being most apparent when fighting as Squirtle. The Pokémon also all suffer recovery issues, ranging from poor to relatively predictable (from bad to manageable: Ivysaur, Squirtle, Charizard). However, his ability to switch between different characters at will has given him decent matchups, allowing him to reach F tier. In the Japanese tier list, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Trainer each have their own spot, despite each Pokémon having to be swapped out due to the aforementioned stamina problem.
He has SHORT RANGE. He won't be that broken. His moves aren't that fast. Maybe as fast as Mario. His range is smaller than Mario's but obviously bigger than Jigglypuff's range.

FUN FACT: Bowser is as fast as Mario. Lol

OmegaXXII

Short Range, yea I guess, still he would be lots of fun if he were to be broken, and I never said he needs to be just for lulz derp.

NO TRIPPING!!! EVER!!!

seriously though, Sakurai could have at least included a switch for it regarding tourney play and such, it would be awesome if it turned out somewhat like Project M though, cool stuff there.

also some characters need better recovery like Ness, seriously it bad whenever I try to go back on stage and all of a sudden my PK Thunder shot misses.:/

Project M... yeah. Something like that but not too much melee mechanics please. Maybe a little. Half melee - Half brawl gameplay I guess.

WHAT ABOUT LINK'S?! His recovery should at least become as high as the teleport distance of Shiek's teleport. At least give his clawshot back. That made it easier for him to recover.

OmegaXXII

Link hook was definetly useful, his recovery should involve more height I guess, speaking of which, a new technique involving ledging grabs should be implemented.

As for Sonic make his homing attack like they were in his games, not some random **** that never even it's an opponent, and if it does that only exposes you to a punishing blue from the top, he is the fast character though so yea..

Ganon's recovery was GOD awful, definetly needs to be rebalanced, it's a real pity for him to be the way he is.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
also some characters need better recovery like Ness, seriously it bad whenever I try to go back on stage and all of a sudden my PK Thunder shot misses.:/
I know the best solution for Ness's recovery...

CUT NESS!

MASKED MAN FOR SM4SH!!

Sonic should have no start up. Just charge to the enemy like how it is in the game. I want that slide attack of Sonic to be his Down B and spin charge as his forward B.

Ganondorf's recovery should be dark flight. Not dark dive. He flies diagonally upward. Dark flames surround him while he goes up. Couldn't think of a better recovery. Lol.

@Oasis: That isn't a solution. How can cutting Ness solve Ness' recovery problem.

You're kinda cruel to Ness :V Lol

How about 3 Earthbound reps?

Gameplay: Zamus' U-smash must be replaced with...........

THE CHUN LI KICK!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Can't you see that Lucas is better than Ness in every way. Sakurai included Ness in Brawl merely as a transition from old to new. Lucas's PK Thunder moves through opponents so his recovery can't be gimped. Not to mention it turns better. He even has a Rope Snake to increase his grab range, something Ness desperately needed in Melee. Sakurai could have easily given these improvements to Ness... BUT HE DIDN'T! HE WANTED YOU TO HATE HIM! HE WANTED TO SOFTEN YOU UP TO NESS'S INEVITABLE CUT.

OPEN YOUR EYES.

OmegaXXII

You're kinda cruel to Ness :V Lol

How about 3 Earthbound reps?

Gameplay: Zamus' U-smash must be replaced with...........

THE CHUN LI KICK!

NO!!! Not you too??!!

Please, do we really need 3 reps from a semi dead series that's going downhill? NO! it's pointless to do so, suggesting Nintend as a character is what awoke Oasis's hate towards Ness.

EDIT: Nice Chun-Li view, it's awesome! I would love to see ZS like that. :awesome:

What are you talkin' about?

Ness VS Lucas is in Ness' favor 55:45. Competitive Ness and Lucas mains agree. Ness does well against Snake. Lucas sucks. For some reason, I play as Lucas because I prefer his powerful, slow and long ranged attacks (Looks at D-smash and U-smash)

OmegaXXII

He can sort of be considered as Roy was to Marth in Melee??

But lets be real you guys, Ness isn't going anywhere whether you hate him or not, he already has alot of significance concerning Smash, if anyone gets axed it will be Lucas, period!!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why cut anyone? Even hyopthetically, is there anything inherently wrong with having 3 MOTHER characters? No, there isn't. The only people who have issues are 90% of the Smash fanbase who hold to the asinine view that Smash Bros is the House of Representatives.

Characters should be evaluated based on their own merits. Yes a series size and success can be a factor, but it is not the sole criteria in determining characters.

BTW, the only correct answer to the question here is Starman.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes, Starman would be the perfect WTF! Character, he seriously needs more love.

Imagine; shooting laser beams from his eyes, using his tentacles to whip people, other PSI based attacks, warping around the stage. Ahhh, it would be lovely dearies.

The only real criteria I see is the popularity which doesn't seem to do much... I'm not so set for the criteria given by you guys. Relevance? What? Might as well wait. The game would suck even if it had 50 characters if the gameplay would suck (NOT SAYING BRAWL SUCKED. I LIKED BRAWL BETTER THAN MELEE.) /notbrawlie

OmegaXXII

@Star: Yes, Starman would be an awesome character to say the least, we also need Giygas as an SSE Boss.

And I disagree, why did you say it isn't wrong when in fact it would just waste character roster space, there are way more demanded and popular character than a Nintend character, besides you have to really consider that the franchise isn't doing so well outside of Smash, it's pointless to include new reps unless you happen to get rid of some existing character already.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ha. Starphoenix. You silly thing you.

Is there anything inherently wrong with having 3 MOTHER characters? Of course not.

Does Ness smell? Yes.

OmegaXXII

Ew.. Why you making Ness look good. :troll:

@Berserker: that may be so, but you have to think realistically, not because it makes sense or isn't wrong. :/

Ewwwww... Omega. What the hell are you thinking?

Bah. Whatever. You're just being yourself as always! A DERP

Oasis, Batman is not likely. Claus is. Batman is a DC character. How the hell can he get in the game? There are more potential fighters such as Harry Potter and Nathan Drake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom