• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fighting games I've played:
Street Fighter II
SF Alpha
SF IV
SSF IV
Tekken (2,3,5,6)
Soul Calibur (1,2,3)
Smash Bros. (64,Melee,Brawl)
WWF Smackdown know your role
Simpsons wrestling
Mortal Kombat 9
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3,4
Tekken Tag
Punch Out
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom (1,2,3)
MUGEN

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Neither did I, heck, I STILL don't know who they are. All you need to know is Terry and you're good.

What a coincendence, I just got Capcom vs. SNK yesterday of eBay, I just received it too, I can't wait to play this classic.

Boy, why haven't you played Samurai Showdown 3?!! It's the best SNK game ever IMO.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Here are all the games I've played so far:

Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter 4
Super Street Fighter 4
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Capcom vs. SNK (pending :))
Blazblue: Continuum Shift
Blazblue: Continuum Shift 2
Samurai Showdown 3
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat 4
Mortal Kombat Deception
Mortal Kombat 9 (2011)
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Guilty Gear: Accent Core
Primal Rage :awesome:
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Tekken 4
Tekken Tag Tournament
Marvel Super Heroes
X-Men: Children of the Atom
Arcana Heart (I love it!!)

Plus I've played a buch off DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi's and WWE games but those aren't really considered as fighters, and of course Smash.

I personally can't wait for Skull Girls, I'm super excited. ^_^

Bad gateway!!!! Damn!

Interesting.....

Guys, Paper Mario is good enough to have his own series. It's famous, well received and it's one of nintendo's greatest rpg titles made. He's not important to the Mario series. He's fine on his own. I think he deserves his own series icon.

You'll find some Kuma written all over Toad's specials in my Toad moveset.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He's still Mario though. Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong all made names for themselves. Yes, Paper Mario has made a name for himself too. And his name is Mario.

Berserker, you just want him to be his own series so he doesn't compete with Toad, don't you. :awesome:

And yeah lol. I find him deserving to be honest. I wouldn't wanna put him in the middle of the idiotic Bowser Jr. vs Toad debate.

But then again, it's either put any one of them or just don't put any of them.

I thought Paper Mario wasn't Mario. Someone said so...... (Confused @_@)

OmegaXXII

Why not have Paper Mario? Do you need meto show you why he is unique and wouldn't be a Mario clone whatsoever? Hmm...?

I'm waiting!!!

Bad gateway guys.... Bad gateway :/

Wait.... Doesn't that make it worse since it doesn't make sense to put 2 versions of one character? (Looks at Young Link and Doctor Mario)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whether it makes sense or not, it clearly doesn't matter. (LOOKS AT YOUNG LINK AND DOCTOR MARIO LOLOL)

Paper Mario would be a Mario series character. Deal with it.

I'm being grumpy today. >8(

We'll see..... Grumpy. Why so grumpy :awesome:?

For the mean time, I'd rather talk about gameplay since it there's not much to argue about except for melee vs brawl gameplay.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Since we are listing the fighting games we played I'll put mine.

Punch Out (NES)
Super Punch Out
Punch Out Wii
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Street Fighter 2010 Final Fight
Street Fighter 2 (and Turbo)
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 4
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat Deception
Mortal Kombat Armaggeddon
Soul Caliber 2 (Nintendo)
UFC Throwdown
Robo Wars (Or something like that)
Smash 64
Smash Melee
Smash Brawl
Some Tekken Game (arcade)
Some Marvel game made by Capcom (also arcade)
Tatsu vs. Capcom

Also would Custom Robo (Gamecube) be consider a fighting game? It's what you do 90% of the game.

That's all the games I can remeber. I may have played other but I'm not sure.

OmegaXXII

Whether it makes sense or not, it clearly doesn't matter. (LOOKS AT YOUNG LINK AND DOCTOR MARIO LOLOL)

Paper Mario would be a Mario series character. Deal with it.

I'm being grumpy today. >8(

Look at Toon Link for example he's a separate entity from Y. Link yet he's in Smash.

Also I don't find it very hard for them to include a P.Mario logo, sure it would probably look identical but slightly different, IMO he deserves his own series, nuff said mr. grumpy.

Waaaait hold on there.

Anyone tell me if Paper Mario and Mario are the same person or not? This time, for real.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Paper Mario is the same Mario as Mario. He's like, never even called "Paper" Mario in the games. He's just Mario. In the same Mushroom Kingdom. With all the same Mario characters.

And Paper Mario is just one of the 3 series of Mario RPGs. All of which being part of the Mario franchise. There's no reason for him to be considered not a Mario character. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING HE'S, Y'KNOW, THE MARIO IN QUESTION.

You're seriously suggesting it be considered his own series only because of the art style. Should Toon Link be part of the Toon Link franchise? Should WarioWare Wario and Wario Land Wario have been two different characters? (I bet some would say yes to that, lol)

I only thought he would have a different series because I thought he was a different Mario.

There's a difference with Toon Link and Paper Mario:

Toon Link does not have a sub series. Sure he has a lot of games but it's still not a sub series.

Paper Mario (Or Mario) has a sub series.

You serious with the art style? That's not the reason why I think he should have his own art style.

Don't worry. Ridley is getting in the game. There's nothing to worry about. Unless Sakurai hates Ridley or might have a problem with his "awkward size" (Stupid excuse lol). Yeah. I know he can handle the size.

OmegaXXII

I agree with you completely, P.Mario could be considered as a paper version of Mario in a parallel dimention, meaning everything from Mario's world also exists within P. Mario's universe as well.

Anyway, on the subject of Ridley, what look should he appear as in SSB4? As Meta-Ridley? Omega-Ridley? Or just his simple purple form?

Personally I would be happy if he appeared like this:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know it's not what you think you're suggesting, but if not the art style then what more could one possibly go on to say Paper Mario should be its own series in Smash? It's one of three Mario RPG series. I mean, do we need Mario & Luigi as characters too? Then there are all the other Mario spin-offs. How about Party Mario, Kart Mario, or Sports Mario?

If you want six characters with the Mario logo then just say so. It would be less ridiculous than saying Paper Mario isn't part of the Mario series.

Oasis, if you're being grumpy then you shouldn't release it here ya know.

And I guess it's fine to say 6 characters. The problem is that 6 reps is too much for the Mario series. Well, I know that there are a lot more potential mario characters to get in the game (Actually, I'm not sure about this) but if you're fine with it then whatever. My bad though if I made you even more grumpy (lol).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In my opinion Paper Mario would be the frontrunner of the three (Four? *brofist PsychoIncarnate*) potential Mario characters. What I have a problem with is people suggesting he's not a Mario character, lol.

I think Bowser Jr. would be more interesting purely from a moveset perspective, but still I have nothing but nice things to say about Paper Mario too. Though I'd rather Mario/LoZ/Pokemon sticks with four slots. :V

OmegaXXII

Say what you want but honestly, it's really up to Sakurai to decide who ultimetly gets in or not, it will mostly be his opinion combined with poll opinions as well, it's that simple.

^That pretty much.

We'll see though. It's up to Sakurai and whatever poll to decide which one will get in (Or another journal and those cats)

AND NINTENDO most importantly!

Wooow. I didn't know that.

So what do you think? Should wave dashing return? You think the air dodge system should be like Brawl's air dodge or melee's?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Brawl's feels much more natural, and going into a helpless state just for dodging is dumb. Like, "We'll give you an air dodge, BUT DON'T YOU DARE USE IT IN THE AIR!!" Weirdo Sakurai...

OmegaXXII

Wave dashing? Meh.. It would be nice but since it was a glitch in Melee, I'm highly doubting it's return, unless they intentionally bring it back, otherwise not so much.

SSB4 should definetly have better air game for some characters such as Bowser and Snake for example, air dodge was better in Melee.

Tbh, I would like to see a mixture of both Brawl and Melee minus the tripping.

Well the "melee" community and some people prefer the melee air dodge because it gave a lot of new advanced techniques. Brawl was fair. Maybe an option to do melee and brawl dodge?

Click the L or R button to air dodge brawl style

Click the L or R button at the same time move the control stick left or right to do melee air dodge

However, it's impossible. There's no way Sakurai would do that. Some cool new things I'd like to see is more emphasis on combos, precision, reading and more technical skill. Lastly, I'm hoping this game will be accessible for beginners. Add more hitsun also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom