• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want a fourth Kirby rep even though it sounds really unlikely... Prince Fluff or even Daroach(Kirby Squeak Squad) would work nicely. Anyway does anyone here think Ridley will not get in? I think Sakurai kind of has no choice but to put him in... unless he wants more criticism.
Gooey

The original second player kirby

Kirby's "Luigi" that never took off. Actually played different than Kirby. Had a long tongue instead of vacuum inhale

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The only franchise that is truely over repped is Earthbound. Mario is Mario. It's just the biggest gaming franchise ever.
No, what I meant was that even if Mario is the biggest Nintendo franchise, it doesn't mean Smash should be milked with a ton of Mario reps, I just want to see a little more variety when it come s to franchises is all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Some people do. But even you would agree that there are points where some series can have too many characters.

Kuma, are you excited for Street Fighter x Tekken?
It depends on the characters chosen and how they play. If the Starfox characters truly were shoto clones of each other, you can say it's over-repped easily because it's just repeats. If they all play differently from each other, it's a preference thing.

And yes, I'm very excited for SF x Tekken. My two most wanted characters, El Fuerte and Xiaoyu, have yet to be confirmed to be playable, but I'm excited still. I feel Xiaoyu is very likely as she's made it into every Tekken game since her debut and is a popular character, but Fuerte is incredibly tough to tell, especially depending on the roster size. Since this is Capcom though, I'm expecting an update along the line.

Oh, and I'd tap Poison, would you?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It depends on the characters chosen and how they play. If the Starfox characters truly were shoto clones of each other, you can say it's over-repped easily because it's just repeats. If they all play differently from each other, it's a preference thing.

And yes, I'm very excited for SF x Tekken. My two most wanted characters, El Fuerte and Xiaoyu, have yet to be confirmed to be playable, but I'm excited still. I feel Xiaoyu is very likely as she's made it into every Tekken game since her debut and is a popular character, but Fuerte is incredibly tough to tell, especially depending on the roster size. Since this is Capcom though, I'm expecting an update along the line.

I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Poison FTW.

@Kuma: hey bro I just started playing Super SF4 with my friends, he actually recorded ne while I was playing, I was hoping you would give me some technical tips over them, especially when it comes to grabs and zoning.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sure thing. Hit me up on PM or whatever and I'll see what I can do.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Overreped if we treat Smash like a Congress as I've mentioned a thousand times.

I find it funny that sword users are treated like shotos here sometimes. We have so many punch and kick characters and no one complains.
I see this problem all the time especially when campaigning for Black Knight. Some people say, "We should have all the Lords first." But, uh.... look how similar they usually are.

Why would anyone want that when they can get say, Black Knight?

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Because Black Knight is even more of a generic archetype than them?
Is he though? If you're arguing from the stance that they are alluding to a folklore character, you could easily draw the line to Pit (Icarus), Palutena (Athena), and Medusa.

If you're referring to more the title, he's actually a more deep character if you'd played his games.

Common misconception though, probably the main thing keeping him from being widely accepted is people don't realize there's much more to the character than big scary armor.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In Japan, Poison is a half ******, in America poison is a full ******.

Hitting Poison with anything more than Chun-Li's kicks doesn't really interest me

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I love these two series. I haven't played Tekken since the PS2 era (Tekken 5 I think?), but I am very excited. The only thing that would make me happier when it comes to a Fighting game cross-over would be SF x SC, but that probably woudln't work, for obvious reasons. I'm hoping for Kuma and Elena. I don't think she is very likely, but I truely expect Kuma.

Poisen looks like a pretty seasoned. . er, veteran, if you catch my drift. I think Sakura would be a better place for me to start. lol. I still say Cammy from the Alpha series is flat out, one of the most attractive woman in video game history. Right next to Morrigan and Felicia. Plus, Kylie Minogue played her in the SF movie. Can someone say win?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Fox=Falco=Wolf

Ryu=Ken=Akuma

Slippy=Dan

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't take him serious, he likes to tick people off. <_<

:phone:

Well tbh, Ryu is the founder of the "Karate Male" character. But I see your point. Black Knight does have this whole "where have I seen this character before? Oh any Knights folklore story/game" feel. I mean, his name is Black Knight.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Poisen looks like a pretty seasoned. . er, veteran, if you catch my drift. I think Sakura would be a better place for me to start. lol. I still say Cammy from the Alpha series is flat out, one of the most attractive woman in video game history. Right next to Morrigan and Felicia. Plus, Kylie Minogue played her in the SF movie. Can someone say win?
So are you not fully gay then?

jk. When it comes to Poison and Bridget, I quote Courage Wolf:

"If it's pretty, **** it. There is no gay."

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Slippy=Dan
Lolololol.

Black Knight as an archetype kind of goes in his favor, IMO. Since there aren't any notable recurring villains, an archetype is the next best thing. Plus he'd be interesting, so who cares about anything else.

Also Yoshimitsu is autosexual. Penetrates himself.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I never understand what Poison would be considered if she really is postop. Since when is Yoshimitsu gay?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So who the heck is gayer? Yoshimitsu or poison? :awesome:
Me.

"If it's pretty, **** it. There is no gay."
Pretty much this. I mean, I could go more in depth, but I'm pretty sure no one wants to read about that. I just play the gay card because it's good for trolling.

Meh.. Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter should happen.
Ugh. That series.

Fox=Falco=Wolf

Ryu=Ken=Akuma

Krystal=Seong Mi-Na
Fixed.

[COLLAPSE="Seong Mi-Na of Soul Calibur"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just for kicks and giggles, here is every fighting game I've played.

Street Fighter 2
Super Street Fighter 2
Street Fighter Alpha
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (favorite SF)
X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
Marvel. Vs Capcom
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Capcom Vs. SNK
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
Power Stone
Power Stone 2
Rival Schools: Project Justice
Star Gladiator
Ergheiz
Mortal Kombat
Psychic Force 2012
Megaman Power Battles
Megaman Power Fighters
Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Since the topic of fighting games came up. Third Strike and MvC2 are the faves. although Mark of the Wolves was very fun too. Yay Terry! POWUHWAVE!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (favorite SF)
This game has some beautiful sprites. You've never played a Namco fighter? No Tekken/Soul Calibur? I've never been able to get good at a street fighter, but Soul Calibur is a different story. I can get decent at that game. My list would have faaaar too many Mortal Kombat titles. Like, all of them.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This game has some beautiful sprites. You've never played a Namco fighter? No Tekken/Soul Calibur? I've never been able to get good at a street fighter, but Soul Calibur is a different story. I can get decent at that game. My list would have faaaar too many Mortal Kombat titles. Like, all of them.
I have, just never really cared for them. Tekken 6 was alright and Soul Calibur 4 never really did it for me. Sorry. :(

Guess I should throw all three Smash Bros. titles into the fighting game list too huh?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have, just never really cared for them. Tekken 6 was alright and Soul Calibur 4 never really did it for me. Sorry. :(
Soul Caliber 2 is my fave. Hopefully the series can be redeemed. I could never get into how Tekken played, it feels weird to me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've been on the fence with 3rd Strike primarily because of parries. If blocking wasn't in, it'd be ok. Other wise, why block when you can parry?

Anyway, here's the FGs I've played. The amount of time for playing these games ranges from once to all the time.

Tekken 2-6 (3 the most)
SF II Turbo, Super, HD Remix
SF III 3rd Strike
SF IV, Super, and AE
Soul Caliber 2
Mortal Kombat 2, 9
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift 1 and 2
SSB, Melee, and Brawl
MvC2 and 3
Clay Fighter 63 1/3
Fighter's Destiny
TvC
KOF 2002 UM

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I've been on the fence with 3rd Strike primarily because of parries. If blocking wasn't in, it'd be ok. Other wise, why block when you can parry?

Anyway, here's the FGs I've played. The amount of time for playing these games ranges from once to all the time.

Tekken 2-6 (3 the most)
SF II Turbo, Super, HD Remix
SF III 3rd Strike
SF IV, Super, and AE
Soul Caliber 2
Mortal Kombat 2, 9
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift 1 and 2
SSB, Melee, and Brawl
MvC2 and 3
Clay Fighter 63 1/3
Fighter's Destiny
TvC
KOF 2002 UM
You've never played Capcom Vs. SNK? Shame on you. I love that game too. My team was always Ken/Terry/Kyo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think I know a single character from SNK so I had no interest in playing it. Even if it was a good fighter

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You've never played Capcom Vs. SNK? Shame on you. I love that game too. My team was always Ken/Terry/Kyo.
None of you have played Street Fighter EX. Tsk Tsk. Some of the coolest SF characters came out of that series.

[COLLAPSE="Just LOOK at them!"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Would anyone else like to make a "Super Smash Bros 4th Strike" roster for funsies? You try to have Twenty or less veterans return, while bringing in twenty or more newcomers. It's pretty fun. I got the idea from Street Fighter III. Only four characters returned in that game.

Or take part in my blog? Today is Megaman v Ridley.

Looks like we scared everyone away. . .

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
all fighting games i've played:
Super Smash Brothers (Melee · Brawl)
Street Fighter II (Champion Edition · Hyper Fighting · Super · Super Turbo · Hyper · HD Remix Demo)
Street Fighter IV (Super · Arcade Edition · 3D Edition)
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
Marvel vs. Capcom (New Age of Heroes · Fate of Two Worlds)
Capcom vs SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
SNK vs Capcom: SvC Chaos
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
The King of Fighters ('98 · 2000 · 2001 · XI)
Tekken 5 (and by extension 1 · 2 · 3)
Tekken Tag Tournament
Soul Calibur II (Gamecube version)
Soul Calibur III
Soul Calibur IV (Xbox 360 version)
Mortal Kombat II (Trilogy · 4 · Deadly Alliance · Deception · Armageddon · 2011)
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Jump Ultimate Stars
M.U.G.E.N
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja (2 · Storm 2)
Naruto: Clash of Ninja (2 · Revolution)
Sonic Battle
Dead or Alive 2 (3)
Def Jam Vendetta
Dragonball Z: Budokai
Dragonball Z: Budokai 3
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
Dragonball Z: Raging Blast
Dragonball Z: Raging Blast 2
Rumble Roses
X-Men: Mutant Academy
Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament
Zatch Bell! Mamodo Fury
Deadliest Warrior: The Game Demo
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Pro Wrestling (NES)
The Simpsons Wrestling
WWF SmackDown! (2: Know Your Role)
WCW Mayhem

the only ones i still own are KoF XI and Melee. some of these are played via friend's house and some are via quarter arcades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom