• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Whoa! Whoa! U mad? :awesome:

I guess I understand since it's a "20 newcomers things but some of it tbh it just looks ridiculous IMO, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm just not expecting that many veteran cuts for a Smash game, maybe 10 or even 12, but I certaintly ain't expecting a 20+ Street Fighter move.

:phone:
Not mad, just shocked.

You're kidding right? Were you not just telling me how you wanted to see how it turned out? I never said I expected this. I was just taking the princaple of completely revamping the cast, like SFIII did.

On a side note,Megaman and Ridley are facing off in the Nintendo Tournament this time around. They're arguably the two most anticipated newcomers for Smash4, but who would win in a fight?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes I was, but I was going to criticize it regardless so.. Yea.

SSE Boss Idea: King Ashnard

Info: Basically his role in SSE would be something like taking command of dark minions instead of Daein soldiers, later he would be possesed by these Dark minions power thus turning into "Mad King" Ashnard, he would be riding his giant Wyvern as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yes I was, but I was going to criticize it regardless so.. Yea.
It's one thing to critisizm was rediculous. You went in knowing I was going to have to cut the roster dramtically and that was the full purpose/intent of the SFIII princaple, and then call it crazy that there are so many cuts, like. . . what?

OmegaXXII

Forgive me if I went overboard with my previous statements, it's just because I find it really difficult to believe so many character would end up going, but I guess I found it more opinionated than realistic since I saw Caeda and Krystal, but then again this was meant to replace veterans, so yea no hard feelings yo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Forgive me if I went overboard with my previous statements, it's just because I find it really difficult to believe so many character would end up going, but I guess I found it more opinionated than realistic since I saw Caeda and Krystal, but then again this was meant to replace veterans, so yea no hard feelings yo.

It's all good, I just wanted you to know the point of this roster wasn't to be likely, or realistic whatsoever.

OmegaXXII

So.. This got me thinking if doing my own roster as well, hmm..only problem is working with Photoshop, other than that I can pretty much create one in a single day.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Oh, I could do that easy. Alright, twenty veterans, twenty newcomers? Let's do this thing.

Veterans
  1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach
  5. Link
  6. Zelda
  7. Ganondorf
  8. Pikachu
  9. Pit
  10. Pokemon Trainer
  11. Yoshi
  12. Donkey Kong
  13. Samus
  14. Ike
  15. Marth
  16. Fox
  17. Diddy Kong
  18. Captain Falcon
  19. Captain Olimar
  20. Ness

Newcomers
  1. Tingle
  2. Bowser Jr
  3. Toad
  4. Paper Mario
  5. Ridley
  6. Black Knight or Caeda
  7. Isaac
  8. Ray (Custom Robo)
  9. Starfy
  10. Little Mac
  11. Victini
  12. Chibi-Robo
  13. Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow
  14. Mewtwo (Returner)
  15. King K Rool
  16. Takamaru, Mike Jones, Mach Rider, or Sukapon
  17. Duck Hunt Dog
  18. Professor Layton
  19. Megaman
  20. Krystal

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hmm.. Yes of course, personally though I'd rather have Knuckles though, he seems like be would be a real powerhouse kinda like Snake, he would play kinda of slow but would deal some heavy damage.

If Sega were to give us a second rep that would be so awesome, but I just would t want Shadow though since he would pretty much play like Sonic, aka Luigified which wouldn't be good at all.

Shadow isn't anywhere near what Luigi is in terms of original moveset, and he has way less potential to be original. He'd be a last minute clone at best. Besides, Metal Sonic is the best (kinda) Sonic clone of all-time! That dude rocks. Sonic CD is friggen pure speed in disc form!

Tails is the opposite of Sonic; instead of relying on speed, he relies on his genius abilities and his flight abilities, and hopefully attacks (versus Sonic's speed and close-range combat). I'd rather have Knuckles too, but let's not kid ourselves-the only way he'd get in is if Sakurai or Nintendo really, really, REALLY wanted Knuckles after they added Sonic and Tails. Plus Knuckles has kind of turned from a fierce fiery personality who is somewhat of a rival (and friend) of Sonic's, to just another Tails or average Sonic sidekick (with 400 other pointless characters-and Amy Rose).

@ Psycho
Drunken Irish Bar Fight should be what it's called. I vote the entire community call SSB4 that until it's official name is announced or revealed. :cool: :grin: :laugh:

And for pete's sake, let Tingle die. He's got no shot. He's a filler character at best, just like Waluigi. He isn't good for anything, but being annoying and wasting the players' time with stupid quests or by stealing stuff.

Plus c'mon-do we really want someone in smash who is a slave catcher and slave-owner? NO! (as least Pokémon stay at their own will) On top of that, I'm pretty sure he's a pedo. I mean, why else would he only appear in Zelda games when Link is a kid? :glare:

Also, eff Zelda spin-offs. If we're counting spin-offs, should Link with a crossbow warrant a playable character spot?

Edit: What's with 20 vets and 20 newcomers? That's stupid. There was a higher vet ratio in Brawl (22) than newcomers (17). The ratio in Melee was 12 to 14. If anything, all the rule of 22 characters will return, plus most if not all the original Brawl characters. But if you're bored... I guess it could be fun.

And why on God's green Earth would Toon Link be cut for a minor character like Tingle? Oh God, who would want that?

OmegaXXII

http://www.smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=13089648

Shadow isn't anywhere near what Luigi is in terms of original moveset, and he has way less potential to be original. He'd be a last minute clone at best. Besides, Metal Sonic is the best (kinda) Sonic clone of all-time! That dude rocks. Sonic CD is friggen pure speed in disc form!

Tails is the opposite of Sonic; instead of relying on speed, he relies on his genius abilities and his flight abilities, and hopefully attacks (versus Sonic's speed and close-range combat). I'd rather have Knuckles too, but let's not kid ourselves-the only way he'd get in is if Sakurai or Nintendo really, really, REALLY wanted Knuckles after they added Sonic and Tails. Plus Knuckles has kind of turned from a fierce fiery personality who is somewhat of a rival (and friend) of Sonic's, to just another Tails or average Sonic sidekick (with 400 other pointless characters-and Amy Rose).

That's precisely why I never want Shadow in Smash, Sakurai probably wouldn't hesitate for a second to copy and paste all of Sonic's existing moves, just give him a palette swap and BAM, Shadow is playable.

I like Tails as a character seeing as he the second most iconic character next too Sonic, but what kind of gadgets would he use as far as movesets go? I'm guessing he'll also be a pretty light character as well, not very powerful, as for Knuckes, I'd would really love it he they made him playable,, sure he's not as significant as Tails but he does seem to be liked by everyone.

Lol.. I don't get why alot of people seem to like this Silver guy, what's so special about him aside from his psychic powers? just another rip off from Sonic.

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
@ Psycho
Drunken Irish Bar Fight should be what it's called. I vote the entire community call SSB4 that until it's official name is announced or revealed. :cool: :grin: :laugh:

And for pete's sake, let Tingle die. He's got no shot. He's a filler character at best, just like Waluigi. He isn't good for anything, but being annoying and wasting the players' time with stupid quests or by stealing stuff.

Plus c'mon-do we really want someone in smash who is a slave catcher and slave-owner? NO! (as least Pokémon stay at their own will) On top of that, I'm pretty sure he's a pedo. I mean, why else would he only appear in Zelda games when Link is a kid? :glare:

Also, eff Zelda spin-offs. If we're counting spin-offs, should Link with a crossbow warrant a playable character spot?

Edit: What's with 20 vets and 20 newcomers? That's stupid. There was a higher vet ratio in Brawl (22) than newcomers (17). The ratio in Melee was 12 to 14. If anything, all the rule of 22 characters will return, plus most if not all the original Brawl characters. But if you're bored... I guess it could be fun.

And why on God's green Earth would Toon Link be cut for a minor character like Tingle? Oh God, who would want that?
you said it! though toon link probably IS getting cut out (wich i really don't hope)
since he was the image of ww and the ds versions, wich are not new anymore obviously. same happened to young link.

And people are OFC going to nag about it just like they did with mewtwo and roy, so i just prepare myself for the worst. but i can't wait to see the new char list. Always makes me happy (my reaction when meta knight and wario appeared in the first trailer was better by far then my reaction was when i found out m2 was cut out)

And tingle is indeed just a filler, he has his own games whe know that. But theyre all spin offs. i would gladly like to see any char in DIBF though (yes drunken irish bar fight it will be) especially layton!

I would main the **** out of him xD though he's unlikely (anyone see his twitter thingy btw?)

Kantrip

Kantplay
What I don't get is why we're talking about a 3rd party getting multiple representatives... from the same series no less!

EDIT: At above, what makes a spinoff undeserving of appearing in smash? The entire Mario franchise is arguably a spinoff of Donkey Kong, or vice-versa, and Wario and Yoshi are undoubtebly so, yet that doesn't harm their chances of inclusion, or multiple reps. As much as people here hate on Tingle, he doesn't have any strong points against him.

OmegaXXII

Who cares!! its fun speculating, we aren't really considering them as shoe-ins, just as a possibility, besides, it's not impossible if Sega and Sakurai work some deal out, its unlikely but it could very much happen.

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
It's not like i hate tingle or anything and i never said he was unworthy or that i wouldn't be happy to see him join sb4 but it's just that it's unlikely to have him join.. But you know i said the exact same thing about olimar and we all know what happened with that guy.. Besides, think back a couple of years, if someone told you: snake is going to be in the next sb!! wouldn't you have slapped him in the face telling him he's an idiot? XD (well unless you knew the part of kojima begging sakurai in melee ofc)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
you said it! though toon link probably IS getting cut out (wich i really don't hope)
since he was the image of ww and the ds versions, wich are not new anymore obviously. same happened to young link.
He's had two very popular games on the DS; he isn't getting cut. The reason Sakurai chose the WW/PH model of Young Link rather than OOT/MJ is:
1. He's newer
2. He's more original
3. He's has more original moveset potential.
4. He isn't the same Link that is already in the game.
5. He does nearly everything different from Link. He walks differently, sounds totally different, and even fights differently. All you got to do is play WW/PH/ST to see that.

What I don't get is why we're talking about a 3rd party getting multiple representatives... from the same series no less!

EDIT: At above, what makes a spinoff undeserving of appearing in smash? The entire Mario franchise is arguably a spinoff of Donkey Kong, or vice-versa, and Wario and Yoshi are undoubtebly so, yet that doesn't harm their chances of inclusion, or multiple reps. As much as people here hate on Tingle, he doesn't have any strong points against him.
Well it is the Sonic franchise, and the Sonic franchise is huge, and Tails would be an original and unique character.

Those spin-offs have become into internationally popular series. Yoshi has had several games, and on top of that, was a main character in many Mario games (SMW, SMW2, Sunshine, Galaxy 2). Plus he's had his own adventures that were popular, and is an icon of gaming. Wario has done the same, except he has two franchises.

Really, if the spin-offs were popular or not just clones of other games, then Tingle would be a chance. So far, his spin-offs are Europe-exclusive. When has any character exclusive to any place other than Japan been playable in smash?

Tingle has these weak points: 1. He isn't very popular internationally. 2. Nothing will make him popular internationally. 3. He's a filler character. 4. He's had no major roles in a canon Zelda game. Wario was a main villain, Yoshi was Mario's #1 sidekick in SMW (and savior in SMW2). Both were extremely popular. So popular they have had tons and tons of their own games. Tingle hasn't had any role that impacts the Zelda series other than making maps, which isn't much of a role at all. If filler non-canon characters from party games like Mario Party and Tingle's Balloon Fight got on, why wouldn't Waluigi or Daisy make it?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm fine with discussing our hopes and aspirations for any character, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 9th party! However, we don't need to be talking about every character's "chances" and "odds" when we honestly DON'T HAVE A CLUE. Sakurai, as I've said so many times, has his own mental checklist. His criteria are his own, and we can't assume we know them. I love the character discussions, but when we start talking about "oh well it would be cool but they have no chance" it bugs me. I'm fine with talking about more Sega characters, just as much as I'm fine with talking about Toad or Ridley or Tingle, but please, please don't act like you know who has a chance and who doesn't.

If we can agree that Tingle isn't undeserving, and we can talk about whether or not we want him in the next smash, isn't that enough? He may or may not be more "likely" than having multiple 3rd party characters. It seems as though many people dislike Tingle, and that's fine. Just please don't bash any one character's "likeliness" if you're fine with promoting other characters that are just as obscure.

OmegaXXII

It's not like i hate tingle or anything and i never said he was unworthy or that i wouldn't be happy to see him join sb4 but it's just that it's unlikely to have him join.. But you know i said the exact same thing about olimar and we all know what happened with that guy.. Besides, think back a couple of years, if someone told you: snake is going to be in the next sb!! wouldn't you have slapped him in the face telling him he's an idiot? XD (well unless you knew the part of kojima begging sakurai in melee ofc)
But the difference between Olimar and Tingle are very much different, Olimar is the main character of his series, he's the face of Pikmin, unlike Tingle who just happens to be a spin-off character mainly from the Zelda series, he's not really a big enough character to be considered important enough such as Y.Link or Ghirahim.

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
He's had two very popular games on the DS; he isn't getting cut. The reason Sakurai chose the WW/PH model of Young Link rather than OOT/MJ is:
1. He's newer
2. He's more original
5. He does nearly everything different from Link. He walks differently, sounds totally different, and even fights differently. All you got to do is play WW/PH/ST to see that.
That's true he does add something, and most people rather play him over adult link (including myself)

well i really don't know how sakurai thinks sometimes, i didn't imagine he'd take out mewtwo either, but he did replace him (though that's probably just because of the cursed "new pokemon series syndrome"

Kantrip

Kantplay
Young Link was more of a clone than Toon Link is, and Ghirahim was a one-shot villain who's game I've never played and who I haven't heard of otherwise. Tingle may not have had large roles in the zelda series, but he was liked enough to get his own franchise. Spinoff or not, he was starring in a game (much like Toad with Wario Woods!)

Tingle could represent the LoZ series like Wario represents Mario. Read: not at all. Without Wario's spinoffs, he would be another Waluigi! Besides, obscurity never hurt chances before! Tell me where Game and Watch starred in a game. He didn't! He never actually existed as a character with a name, and was actually made up as something to add into Melee to represent the Game and Watch.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would rather have Toon Zelda/ Shiek/ Blue Eyes White Dragon

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
But the difference between Olimar and Tingle are very much different, Olimar is the main character of his series, he's the face of Pikmin, unlike Tingle who just happens to be a spin-off character mainly from the Zelda series, he's not really a big enough character to be considered important enough such as Y.Link or Ghirahim.
that's true, but i'd like any of them getting in really (well not y. link we have t. link for that)
I'm actually quite curious about how sakurai would plan to fill in tingle's moveset anyway. If he made a catchy moveset for olimar, cap. falcon and fox for example he could surely pull off tingle's moveset, wouldn't he?

*Edit: Toon zelda aaaallll the waaayy!!

OmegaXXII

1. He's newer
2. He's more original

Well it is the Sonic franchise, and the Sonic franchise is huge, and Tails would be an original and unique character.

Those spin-offs have become into internationally popular series. Yoshi has had several games, and on top of that, was a main character in many Mario games (SMW, SMW2, Sunshine, Galaxy 2). Plus he's had his own adventures that were popular, and is an icon of gaming. Wario has done the same, except he has two franchises.

Really, if the spin-offs were popular or not just clones of other games, then Tingle would be a chance. So far, his spin-offs are Europe-exclusive. When has any character exclusive to any place other than Japan been playable in smash?

Tingle has these weak points: 1. He isn't very popular internationally. 2. Nothing will make him popular internationally. 3. He's a filler character. 4. He's had no major roles in a canon Zelda game. Wario was a main villain, Yoshi was Mario's #1 sidekick in SMW (and savior in SMW2). Both were extremely popular. So popular they have had tons and tons of their own games. Tingle hasn't had any role that impacts the Zelda series other than making maps, which isn't much of a role at all. If filler non-canon characters from party games like Mario Party and Tingle's Balloon Fight got on, why wouldn't Waluigi or Daisy make it?
Totally agree, I don't see Tingle making it, just as an AT like he was in Brawl.

@Crimson-Feint: if we get a new 5th rep, it should definetly be Ghirahim, the argument of a "one-shot" character is pretty invalid, look at Roy for example, he was advertised in Melee as a "one-shot" character as well, regardless of him getting cut in Brawl, people still seem to want him in Smash, same can be said about Ghirahim.

Would rather have Toon Zelda/ Shiek/ Blue Eyes White Dragon
Forget Blue Eyes, Dark Magician FTW!!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's precisely why I never want Shadow in Smash, Sakurai probably wouldn't hesitate for a second to copy and paste all of Sonic's existing moves, just give him a palette swap and BAM, Shadow is playable.

I like Tails as a character seeing as he the second most iconic character next too Sonic, but what kind of gadgets would he use as far as movesets go? I'm guessing he'll also be a pretty light character as well, not very powerful, as for Knuckes, I'd would really love it he they made him playable,, sure he's not as significant as Tails but he does seem to be liked by everyone.

Lol.. I don't get why alot of people seem to like this Silver guy, what's so special about him aside from his psychic powers? just another rip off from Sonic.
I wouldn't mind if Sakurai made him as a last minute clone (albeit everyone who isn't into that emo loser would prefer Metal Sonic, who actually is a villain and isn't a total copy of Sonic), but picking over an original Tails over an original Shadow should be something anyone with a brain would do.

As for gadgets, he's got all kinds of guns and jetpacks and stuff. He could even build something on the fly. I'd prefer Knuckles too, and he also would be awesome, but sadly we'd be fooling ourselves if we thought he had an even moderately small chance. He's got a chance, but not much.

I'm fine with discussing our hopes and aspirations for any character, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 9th party! However, we don't need to be talking about every character's "chances" and "odds" when we honestly DON'T HAVE A CLUE. Sakurai, as I've said so many times, has his own mental checklist. His criteria are his own, and we can't assume we know them. I love the character discussions, but when we start talking about "oh well it would be cool but they have no chance" it bugs me. I'm fine with talking about more Sega characters, just as much as I'm fine with talking about Toad or Ridley or Tingle, but please, please don't act like you know who has a chance and who doesn't.

If we can agree that Tingle isn't undeserving, and we can talk about whether or not we want him in the next smash, isn't that enough? He may or may not be more "likely" than having multiple 3rd party characters. It seems as though many people dislike Tingle, and that's fine. Just please don't bash any one character's "likeliness" if you're fine with promoting other characters that are just as obscure.
There will be one to maybe four characters we don't see coming at best. Most of them will be obvious picks (Peach, Bowser, Young Link, Ganondorf, Falco, Zelda, and Mewtwo in Melee, or Pit, Wario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Ike, Lucas, Sonic, Toon Link, Captain Olimar Zero Suit Samus, and Lucario in Brawl). There were a few predictable but not really expected characters (Sheik, Pokémon Trainer, Sheik again, Wolf).

However, there so far have been very few out of the blue like Jigglypuff, Ness, Pichu, Game & Watch, Math, Roy (people thought when they read this, it meant Roy Koopa, a boss in Super Mario 3! :laugh:), and the Pokémon Trainer.

Tingle has a chance, but a tiny one. The only way he'd make it is if Sakurai liked him as a "wft?" character, and there are a lot better and more original choices. He has too little role in the Zelda universe to be playable on that merit. At all. So he has to hope for the Pichu longshot chance, in that Sakurai would make a character meant to be hated (which from what it sounds, even he doesn't like Pichu or the idea of it anymore). Given how no one likes Pichu, I highly doubt Sakurai would make a character people would be forced to hate. Aside from Pichu, all of the characters were really original and unlike anything we've really seen.

Plus I'm tired of talking about Tingle, whom I hate (he is a terrorist of my joy!). We've talked about Tingle probably as much as Dixie Kong or a 5th Generation Pokémon. (the latter of which is a 100% lock; I'll bet money like I bet $50 on Diddy Kong in Brawl! :laugh:) I think there's a lot more deserving characters.

Like Error from Zelda II. "I am Error." His sole line in the game. It impacted my entire life. It made me laugh. It made me cry. It made think about where I want to go in life. It encouraged m to think outside the box. It made me think "What is the meaning of life?" It me examine everything in my life. That line, that character... man they were inspirational!

:laugh: :grin: :chuckle: :psycho: :troll:

Kantrip

Kantplay
I honestly have no clue who Ghirahim is, so I can't really speak against him, but I have a feeling he isn't as interesting as Tingle is. Rather than arguing chances, which we cannot reasonably estimate, it would be a better use of our time to compare and contrast what the characters would bring to the game. So on that note, brb looking up Ghirahim.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Listen, if we get another SEGA/Konami character it better NOT be from the same franchise. NiGHTS, and Bomberman sound a lot better than Tails and Grey Fox.

Tingle haters hate Tingle. What's new? They'll find any reason/character to keep him out/take his place.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ghirahim is a David Bowie wannabe, Legend of Zelda SS is going to be a Labyrinth remake

Edit: I am in full support of Tingle...hate

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
I honestly have no clue who Ghirahim is, so I can't really speak against him, but I have a feeling he isn't as interesting as Tingle is. Rather than arguing chances, which we cannot reasonably estimate, it would be a better use of our time to compare and contrast what the characters would bring to the game. So on that note, brb looking up Ghirahim.
He is the villain of LoZ SS, so no one here actually knows precisely what he's like since the game isn't out yet. Around page 1156 or something we were discussing him, there should be some pics around there

OmegaXXII

This is Ghirahim:

He's going to be the main antagonist of the upcoming Skyward Sword game, I mean he's going to have a prominent role in it, why shouldn't he be considered at the very least?

We may not know much about him but he definetly seems to be interesting enough, heck he may prove to be quite a character once the game comes out.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Listen, if we get another SEGA/Konami character it better NOT be from the same franchise. NiGHTS, and Bomberman sound a lot better than Tails and Grey Fox.

Tingle haters hate Tingle. What's new? They'll find any reason/character to keep him out/take his place.
It probably wouldn't. Bomberman is owned by Konami, and a totally different part of Konami. The only reason Snake got in is because Hideo Kojima wanted to, and anything a gaming deity asks for something, it happens.

The same thing with NiGHTS, plus on top of that, NiGHTS is less well-known, and nowhere near as popular. NiGHTS had one good game, a long time ago. Are we gonna have to consider Ecco the Dolphin, too? Both could make fun bosses or assist trophies, though, and NiGHTS definitely deserves consideration for one of those roles.

And Tingle still hasn't had a major role in a canon Zelda game or a game anyone actually cares about.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It probably wouldn't. Bomberman is owned by Konami, and a totally different part of Konami. The only reason Snake got in is because Hideo Kojima wanted to, and anything a gaming deity asks for something, it happens.

The same thing with NiGHTS, plus on top of that, NiGHTS is less well-known, and nowhere near as popular. NiGHTS had one good game, a long time ago. Are we gonna have to consider Ecco the Dolphin, too? Both could make fun bosses or assist trophies, though, and NiGHTS definitely deserves consideration for one of those roles.

And Tingle still hasn't had a major role in a canon Zelda game or a game anyone actually cares about.
Has anyone played NiGHTS Wii game? I wanted to get it, but I don't think I had a wii when it came out.

Anyone know if it was any good?

OmegaXXII

Has anyone played NiGHTS Wii game? I wanted to get it, but I don't think I had a wii when it came out.

Anyone know if it was any good?
LOL.. I just started plying that game today, i've had for ages in my closet, but i finally got around to playing it, it plays alot like any of the modern Sonic games, more like Sonic & The Secret Rings if you've played that, I won't spoil you the story though.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Tingle
Pros:
  • Unique moveset potential
  • Represents his franchise
  • Can utilize a new playstyle
  • Can represent Balloon Fighter as well as his franchise
  • Appears multiple times in origin series
Cons:
  • Disliked
  • Games haven't appeared worldwide
  • Plays a small role in origin series
  • Seriously hated by everyone apparently....

Ghirahim
Pros:
  • Appeared as the main antagonist
  • Is recent
  • Has a decent fanbase
  • Has moveset potential
Cons"
  • Is another sword user
  • Only appeared once

I don't know, I just don't see why Ghirahim deserves a spot more than Tingle does. Personally, I think Ghirahim could be added as another rep for LoZ while Tingle gets in as a character that not only represents his spnioff, but also Balloon Fighter. And he's a wtf too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, i'd rather him not touching Balloon Fighter. I actually like that game

OmegaXXII

Tingle
Pros:
  • Unique moveset potential
  • Represents his franchise
  • Can utilize a new playstyle
  • Can represent Balloon Fighter as well as his franchise
  • Appears multiple times in origin series
Cons:
  • Disliked
  • Games haven't appeared worldwide
  • Plays a small role in origin series
  • Seriously hated by everyone apparently....

Ghirahim
Pros:
  • Appeared as the main antagonist
  • Is recent
  • Has a decent fanbase
  • Has moveset potential
Cons"
  • Is another sword user
  • Only appeared once

I don't know, I just don't see why Ghirahim deserves a spot more than Tingle does. Personally, I think Ghirahim could be added as another rep for LoZ while Tingle gets in as a character that not only represents his spnioff, but also Balloon Fighter. And he's a wtf too.
Well...apperantly he would be a great WTF! character, but since Skyward Sword is the latest entry in the Zelda series, I don't see Sakurai would want to represent a spin-off character rather than the latest antagonist from the series.

I reaqlly can't see Tingle getting his own series in Smash, I guess it would be cool, but I'm just not expecting it to happen. But again a great WTF!! character.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Well, you know, there's only one real VIABLE options for Zelda moving forward:

Tingle. I don't care if you like him or not. I'm pretty indifferent myself, but just get over the bias and realize that he has WAY more going for him than ANYONE ELSE IN THE SERIES.

Zant, Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim, all are more or less one-off characters. Unless Majora's Mask gets a remake (even then), or Ghirahim ends up being a long-run character, none of these are really an option.

Vaati could have been an exception, except his main chance was in Brawl, he's less popular, less reveared, and may be caught up in IP hell.

@Omega

You could say the same thing for Skull Kid or Zant though, both were relevant when their game came out and it was right before a Smash Bros. Neither panned out, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom