• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel like making a roster based on the "Street Fighter III" principle. I'll be back in a bit. Oh, and if you're bored, why not stop by my blog? Ehh? ehhhh? ;) Haha it's so dead over there, I'm guessing that unless I get at lest three avid followers, it's going to go down. So I need to promote it.

Anyways, I'll be back.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Maybe not, but Tails is still someone to consider. I'm not acting like my newcomer picks are shoe-ins, but more like my wishlist picks. It might be a slim dream, but it is better than some of the ridiculous picks that I've heard of nowadays.
Hmm.. Yes of course, personally though I'd rather have Knuckles though, he seems like be would be a real powerhouse kinda like Snake, he would play kinda of slow but would deal some heavy damage.

If Sega were to give us a second rep that would be so awesome, but I just would t want Shadow though since he would pretty much play like Sonic, aka Luigified which wouldn't be good at all.

:phone:

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
Hmm.. Yes of course, personally though I'd rather have Knuckles though, he seems like be would be a real powerhouse kinda like Snake, he would play kinda of slow but would deal some heavy damage.

If Sega were to give us a second rep that would be so awesome, but I just would t want Shadow though since he would pretty much play like Sonic, aka Luigified which wouldn't be good at all.

I would like it if any of those two would make it in, but for some reason i feel that tails would at just a little more than knuckles would =P due to knuckles being a puncher and tails being a genius that fights using machines and all haha =P

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Knuckles has always been my favorite Sonic character since he was introduced. Him and my favorite Sonic Villain, Metal Sonic.

They would be good choices for Smash 4. Everyone else sucks

Edit: We really need the name introduced, I keep typing Brawl

OmegaXXII

I feel like making a roster based on the "Street Fighter III" principle. I'll be back in a bit. Oh, and if you're bored, why not stop by my blog? Ehh? ehhhh? ;) Haha it's so dead over there, I'm guessing that unless I get at lest three avid followers, it's going to go down. So I need to promote it.

Anyways, I'll be back.
A Photoshop roster would be nice to see, are you going to add 18 veterans and like 20+ newcomers?

This I have to see.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, Knuckles has really been downgraded recently, as his personality has shifted from fierce rival, to mild sidekick. So basically, his role is being cannibalized by Tails and Shadow. So, as much as I love Knuckles, I doubt he would be the one to make it in. :(

I REALLY hope they don't put Shadow in though, that'd anger me... seriously.

Tails is my best bet, he could either be partly like Sonic with the Down B Spinball if they wanted similarity through the series like Star Fox or Mario/Luigi or totally unique using gadgets and etc. Tails has a lot of potential, and is beloved enough. He's even an icon in and of himself to promote the game as a guest.

Pictured: D'Awwww​

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I found an interesting Item that should be added to Smash. Nintendo's Ultra Hand!

It would give a person a long distance grapple ability. This is like Link and Samus' grapple but it would reach out even farther. It can even be used for tether grabs as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder why his speed fell off, he used to rival Sonic in that aspect.

Too bad that he'd probably see some Lyn Treatment, he and Tails (x-tornado!)
Because Sonic is like Goku

The thing I liked about Dragon Ball as opposed to Dragon Ball Z, Goku was stronger than everyone else but everyone else were also strong and held up their own in a fight. In Dragon Ball Z NO ONE except the saiyans were any good an anything...

Same thing in Sonic, they are slowly making everyone else useless to make Sonic look that much stronger (And shadow)

OmegaXXII

Lol.. Sonic does seems to glow yellow LIKE a Super Saiyan, hence he's called Super Sonic, he's the Goku of Smash of course. :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll make an okay looking Microsoft paint roster? How's that?

Got the roster down, just need to paint it up yo.

Tsubame

Smash Cadet
Awesome, paint can do so much things these days x)

anyway, i reaaaally didn't believe anything about the things they said about layton and though i would really like it if he got into smash, i don't see it happening

Does any of us see sakurai putting him in?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There needs to be a Mario Platformer, with Bowser instead of Mario.

Instead of getting mushrooms to grow into super form, he can eat toads. Toads can be useful for something after all

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Knuckles has always been my favorite Sonic character since he was introduced. Him and my favorite Sonic Villain, Metal Sonic.

They would be good choices for Smash 4. Everyone else sucks

Edit: We really need the name introduced, I keep typing Brawl
I kind of dubbed the name as Super Smash Bros. Wii U when I made my Smash 4 signature.

OmegaXXII

Tag Teams would be nice, but as far as mechanics go I wouldn't want it to dwell to far off from what is Smash, I don't want it turning into another Street Fighter.

But the idea is good though, double damage would nice such as Dramatic mode.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tag Teams would be nice, but as far as mechanics go I wouldn't want it to dwell to far off from what is Smash, I don't want it turning into another Street Fighter.

But the idea is good though, double damage would nice such as Dramatic mode.

I did like how in Brawl, the size of the character affected his/her power. If you're tiny, you can't hit hard, while the giants pack a huge punch.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That I woulldn't mind in the game, but not as playable fighters

Physco, I hope you mean move past Geno.
Of course not, I mean move past midna onto Geno. Geno is our savior. Geno is the future

Edit: My post was suppose to be hypocritical. It was a joke

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doubtful at best, Paper is the face of the RPG scene and frankly, official smash rosters tend to sport icons of reasonable stature.
Mario is already in the game, we don't need 50 versions of the same character.

Besides, Geno promised he'd return some day before he rose toward the heavens.

He is the savior of the mushroom kindgom, and when he returns the non-believers shall be judged

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol, what JesusGeno?

50 vs 2? Hey how about that! Two is more games than Geno has ever been in.

So as a ratio of something like 50:1, I'd say mario can have two permutations in his set.
Link is such a trend setter :awesome:
May Geno forgive your blasphemy.

I also hate Toon Link

In all seriousness though, I'm still hoping we Geno fans made enough of an uproar during Brawl's development for Sakurai to take note. It's really up to him and his team.

If we didn't, we'll just have to make some more during Smash 4's development.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sorry, but I'm lazy, so I won't be photoshopping this one. I'm beyond sick of doing that. Okay so here's the "Street Fighter III" inspired roster. I kept twenty veterans, and added twenty newcomers. This may scare you, but let it sink in a bit. I'll post reasoning behind each character because some of you may have meltdowns.

[COLLAPSE="SSB4th Strike"]
Super Mario
Mario - I kept these four because I felt like leaving them out, just isn't possible.
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario He would be have his own symbol, and was added to represent the RPG series. Bowser Jr/Toad don't really represent as much as Paper Mario. Like, Doc repped the puzzle genre, we have Papes to rep RPGs.

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
King K Rool - Who were you expecting? Dixie without Diddy is weird to me.

Legend Of Zelda
Link
Zelda/Sheik - Kept Sheik because at this point, she's a staple character.
Tingle - Most plausible LoZ character
Ghirahim He goes against everything I think a good character is, but I felt the Zelda series needed a villain, and if he isn't well received he can be scrapped next go around

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff - Leave it alone, he/she deserves the spot. K?
Third Gen Pokemon Trainer Really, It could have been any Gen, I just like 3rd Gen. So, if you need it to be anything but 1st Gen, that's fine.
Genesect I was looking for some height difference/new types of Pokemon. Genesect fits the bill nicely

Kirby Series
Kirby - I wanted to keep MK, but I just ran out of room :/
King Dedede

Metroid
Samus/ZSS
Ridley - Duh.

Fire Emblem
Marth
Caeda - I'm not FE savy, so I was afraid to add a character that didn't make sense. She's a safe, and good choice.

StarFox
Fox
Krystal - Like you didn't expect this from me?

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh - Meh, why not?

Smaller Franchises
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Takamaru
Olimar
Little Mac
Mii's
Isaac
Kanan(The Last Story)
Starfy
Tom Nook - I feel this series is in dire need of new blood, so I added as much as I could

Third Parties
Megaman - You happy now?
Bomberman - Meh, for funsies.

[/COLLAPSE]

In all seriousness though, I'm still hoping we Geno fans made enough of an uproar during Brawl's development for Sakurai to take note. It's really up to him and his team.
Seriously though, this character made a big splash. I think he had some of the memorable/notorious rumors. They give the Sonic hype a run for it's money. Not to mention he would "Fit into the smash universe" very easily, unlike Megaman. Which is something Sakurai is looking for.

OmegaXXII

Let me get this straight, is that a wishlist? Seriously Bomberman over Sonic? C'mon!!

Also Krystal taking out Falco and Wolf? Tingle I could probably expect though.

Everything else does seem in order though that much I'll give you props for.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Let me get this straight, is that a wishlist? Seriously Bomberman over Sonic? C'mon!!

I'm not cutting Captain Falcon/Olimar/Pit to keep your precious guest character. Do you not get it? I cut the veteran roster down to twenty. Calm yourself. Star Fox barely merits two characters anyhow.

OmegaXXII

Whoa! Whoa! U mad? :awesome:

I guess I understand since it's a "20 newcomers things but some of it tbh it just looks ridiculous IMO, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm just not expecting that many veteran cuts for a Smash game, maybe 10 or even 12, but I certaintly ain't expecting a 20+ Street Fighter move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom