• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Something I created back in the Brawl days to support a new SEGA character

Edit: I did some HORRIBLE blurring thing on him. I must have really lazily made that

Baaad gateway guys
Why do you silly gooses keep getting Burger Knight's name wrong.
OH NO!!!!!!!!
Out of curiosity, I made a roster based on what so far what I have seen debated to be the most likely to happen and what I find to be reasonable.

It is 48 (52) characters overall. About 12 Newcomers. 6 characters are either Wii U or 3DS exculsive, and may become DLC for the opposite system. So 45 per system to begin with.

To avoid flamming, many characters that I feel are a stale-mate in debates (often due to flamming) I made like this:

Ex. Bowser Jr./Paper Mario/Toad - based on SSBF's ratings poll, the former being more likely to happen, in this case Bowser Jr.

Super Mario Series:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr./Paper Mario/Toad
Zelda Series:
  • Link
  • Zelda + Sheik
  • Ganondorf
  • Toon Link
Kirby Series:
  • Kirby
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
Metroid:
  • Samus + Z.S. Samus
  • Ridley
Pokemon Series:
  • Pikachu
  • Pokemon Trainer (Red) (Squritle + Ivysaur + Charizard)
  • Jigglypuff
  • Zoroark/Victini or Lucario/Mewtwo
  • Zoroark/Victini or Lucario/Mewtwo
Star Fox Series:
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Wolf
Spin-Off Mario Series:
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
F-Zero:
  • Captain Falcon
Earthbound/Mother Series:
  • Ness
  • Lucas
Donkey Kong Series:
  • D.K.
  • Diddy Kong
  • King K. Rool
Fire Emblem Series:
  • Marth
  • Ike (FE10 Style) :cool:
  • Caeda/Black Knight
Other:
  • Olimar
  • Pit
  • Medusa/Palutena (3DS)
  • Issac (3DS)
  • Saki (Wii U)
  • Little Mac (Wii U)
  • Ray (3DS)
  • Mii
Retro:
  • Ice Climbers
  • Takamaru (Wii U)
  • R.O.B.
  • Mr. Game & Watch
3rd Party:
  • Snake (Old Snake) :cool:
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man (Classic)/*Ryu Hayabusa
*Ryu H. has a good chance with the new Team Ninja and Nintendo dealings with Other M and the Metroid stage in DoA 3DS, he also has a good history with Nintendo with games on the NES, SNES, VC, DS, 3DS. He also has yet to be debated or rated.

Thoughts?
Good list.

Although I'm still not sure if that's the roster or even the most likely one. Sure they have a lot going for them but I'm not convinced yet. I'm gonna wait until further news. I feel like this is still all too arbitrary. Still, great job.

Here's the roster according to wanted rank:

Mario series:
Toad (3.50)
Paper Mario (3.45) (Means that he could have his own series)
Bowser Jr. (2.80)

Zelda series:
None as of now

Donkey Kong:
K Rool (4.25)
Dixie Kong (3.38)

Metroid:
Ridley (4.80)

Pokemon:
Victini (4.11)
Zoroark (2.50)

Fire Emblem:
Black Knight (3.38)
Caeda (3.13)
Roy (2.18)

Starfy:
Starfy (4.80)

Paper Mario
Paper Mario (3.45)

Golden Sun:
Isaac (4.50)

Custom Robo:
Ray (4.25)

Punch out:
Little Mac (3.43)

Sin and Punishment:
Saki Amiya (3.71)

Murasame:
Takamaru (3.75)

Animal Crossing:
Tom Nook (2.56)

3rd Party:
Mega Man (4.70)
Professor Layton (3.13)
Rayman (2.50)
Phoenix Wright (1.50)

If a character's popularity is HUGE, he/she can enter the game despite the odds.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, that NiGHTS looks genuinely awesome, it's definetly better than anything I could do, Funny thing is I own that game but I've never played it before, though the music is good.

I'm hoping at least nighTs would get in as an Assist Trophy, it can definetly happen since it happens to be close to Sonic as well.

:phone:

Same here, but the past two days I've been around a lot.
I agree too.

I'm still not convinced yet. Even with Ridley. I'm not sure if Sakurai will put these characters. So what if most of the characters people expected appeared in brawl. I'm still not convinced by all of this.

I'm not settled with the "It's not hard to expect which character will appear" statement.... It's not all dependent on his roles in the series, moveset potential and **** like that. The only valid criteria I see is if the character is extremely requested, popular and if Nintendo allows him/her (Including Sakurai.). Sometimes (Maybe most of the time), popularity might not get him/her in the game.

However, despite all of that, I still have fun talking about it. It's fun speculating. Just don't rely on it too much :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Grrr, i hate it when bad gateways lock me out of the system. I was going to post a little something off topic for fun but i guess the only thing i feel like putting up has no relevance to what i'm saying now.... Hang on, what i'm saying now DOES make it relevant:
[COLLAPSE="hidden message"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I think the full circle theory is being proven. Well, at least while there's nothing to talk about reminiscing in this thread is really fun.

That is true.

Now all we need to do is wait for a newcomer to show his flawed logic then everyone will start derping

OmegaXXII

Yea I gonna start derping ya!!

The only one who can truly know what characters Sakurai wants is himself, hopefully though he'll make sone right choices and will do a extraordinary job, in hoping he doesn't rush through this so we'll have the best of everyhing in perfection such as Online for example, in Brawl it was pretty dissapointing to find out that the frames lagged 20fps which is sad really because just a couple of days ago I first played Brawl online, I was actually optimistic about it being like Matio Kart Wii, but rather I witnessed
a horrible infestation of lag, it is something I never want to experience again.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ermmm... that kind of contradicts an earlier statement you made... Sometimes i feel bad for the newbies... It wasn't so long ago that i was a newbie, in fact in many respects you could still consider me a newbie :p

OmegaXXII

How so? Please tell me :)

and yes to be quite honest, I still see you as a newbie, although you post some good stuff intelligently which is a plus. :)

Omega, never play brawl online. It's like 5 - 10 fps. Lol.

Hopefully, we'll see a new and smooth smash bros. online that tries its best to go as smoothly as offline smash.

OmegaXXII

LoL, did you take those numbers from SSBFans Rate thread??

Tbh I really don't rely on it for numbers, some people don't really give it though when voting, although most due, but even so it's good to see that the Black Knight does seem to be fairing than Caeda and Roy which is good.

I actually can't believe Bowser scows less than Toad, it seems your Toad influence is rubbing around here.

LoL, did you take those numbers from SSBFans Rate thread??

Tbh I really don't rely on it for numbers, some people don't really give it though when voting, although most due, but even so it's good to see that the Black Knight does seem to be fairing than Caeda and Roy which is good.

I actually can't believe Bowser scows less than Toad, it seems your Toad influence is rubbing around here.

It's in terms of wanting. Not chances.

Wanting the character shows how much people think he's deserving or wanted

Chances are purely based on arbitrary reasoning and some made up criteria

I didn't do anything to the people who said Toad was extremely wanted. Lol.
I agree too.

I'm still not convinced yet. Even with Ridley. I'm not sure if Sakurai will put these characters. So what if most of the characters people expected appeared in brawl. I'm still not convinced by all of this.

I'm not settled with the "It's not hard to expect which character will appear" statement.... It's not all dependent on his roles in the series, moveset potential and **** like that. The only valid criteria I see is if the character is extremely requested, popular and if Nintendo allows him/her (Including Sakurai.). Sometimes (Maybe most of the time), popularity might not get him/her in the game.

However, despite all of that, I still have fun talking about it. It's fun speculating. Just don't rely on it too much :)
Pretty much what I said here. I'm not expecting a character until it's confirmed. *waits

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What would you guys think if Captain Syrup was playable, and used moves that Wario used in the Wario Land series?

Iactually...neverplayedanyoftheWarioLandgames...soIdunnoifthat'sevenpossiblelolol

OmegaXXII

Well apperantly here, but not elsewhere, Ive seen alot of Bowser Jr. supporters with the flawed arguments of Toad.

Anyway let's talk about mechanics once more, I think smash 4 should be a little faster with better reaction and such.

Who's Captain Syrup?

Here's my changelist for the game (Unsure):
[collapse=Changelist]
Gameplay:
  • Faster physics and pace
  • Melee air dodge adapted
  • Moon walking
  • Dash dancing
  • Remove tripping
  • Still no wave dashing lol
  • Balanced final smashes
  • No more error coding (Looks at Ganondorf)
  • Possibly promotes and emphasizes on both offense and defense

Mario
  • Down B - Star spin
  • Heavier weight (His weight wasn't 100, it was 98)
  • Faster dash speed

Luigi
  • Neutral B - Thunder ball
  • Down B - Poltergust
  • Heavier Weight (His weight should be 98)
  • Change final smash: Hyper Polergust blow or Luigi Finale (It can have negative aura or lightning elements)?

Peach
  • Neutral B - Can be changed to Toadsworth or maybe remain to be a generic toad
  • Lighter weight (87 at most)

Bowser
  • Faster and stronger attacks
  • Faster dash speed
  • Drastically higher aerial mobility
  • Make him an offensive/rush down character

Link
  • Higher recovery
  • Increase range of aerial spin attack
  • Better aerial mobility
  • Quicker attacks
  • Faster execution of projectiles
  • Longer range
  • Tad weaker knockback overall
  • Make his n-air have the same attributes as his melee n-air

Zelda
  • Din's Fire should be like the one in Project M
  • Quicker Farore's wind
  • Nayru's love is like how it is in Project : M
  • Quicker dash speed
  • Increase number of sweetspot frames in her d-air, f-air and b-air
  • Throws are like how it is in Project M

Shiek
  • Simply restore her melee self.

Ganondorf
  • Revised sword based moveset

Donkey Kong
  • Is actually fine as is.

Diddy Kong
  • Weaken the meteor smash property of the D-air

Yoshi
  • Better second jump
  • Higher up B recovery
  • Faster and stronger attacks
  • Higher priority in all attacks
  • Longer range

Samus
  • Faster charge shot
  • Charge shot is now rapid fire and it acts like how it acts in Metroid prime
  • Chargeable. It damages from 4 - 14%
  • Homing missiles travel extremely fast. Super missiles travel slowly though
  • Homing missiles have poor tracking
  • Morph ball bomb is chargeable (6-25%)
  • Sense move as the new dodge animatino

Zero Suit Samus
  • No change

Kirby
  • Up-tilt is quicker and weaker
  • Up tilt has longer range
  • F-smash hitbox pops out at an ealier frame
  • Higher knockback but same damage
  • Quicker U-smash
  • Faster inhale
  • Aerial hammer works like how it works in melee

Meta Knight
  • N-air can kill at only 160% with no DI
  • D-smash can only kill at around 150% with no DI
  • Decrease knockback and killing power in MK's shuttle loop
  • Decrease the priority of mach tornado
  • Weight should be as light as Kirby (78)
  • Decrease the range of MK's attacks

King Dedede
  • Forward B - Dedede hammer spin
  • Down B - Waddle Dee throw

Fox
  • Fine as is

Falco
  • Fine as is

Wolf
  • Recovery is easier to control

Pikachu
  • Fine as is

Jigglypuff
  • Increase priority of attacks
  • Smash 64 restoration

Ice Climbers
  • Fine as is

Marth
  • Faster aerials
  • Faster ground attacks
  • In general, melee restoration

Ike
  • Actually, Fine. Maybe make his attacks faster

Game and Watch
  • Fine as is

Pit
  • Fine as is

ROB
  • Fine as is

Wario
  • Revamped Wario land moveset

Snake
  • Faster grenade execution
  • Decrease KO potential

Sonic
  • Homing attack is like how it is in Project M
  • Forward B - Slide/Tackle
  • Down B - Spin charge
  • Higher KO potential
  • Higher damage input and knockback
[/collapse]

OmegaXXII

What would you guys think if Captain Syrup was playable, and used moves that Wario used in the Wario Land series?

Iactually...neverplayedanyoftheWarioLandgames...soIdunnoifthat'sevenpossiblelolol
Captain what?? Pshh..

How about the most iconic Captain EVER!!

yea, you know you want him, I do!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This is Captain Syrup, the antagonist of the Wario Land series:

I believe a lot of Wario Land fans were upset with how the series got NARY A REFERENCE in Brawl. I recall seeing Wario movesets using his powerups from the Wario Land games. In order to have both a nod to WarioWare AND Wario Land, I figure adding Captain Syrup with Wario's moves from the Wario Land series would be a good idea. DON'T WANT HER FOR THE SAKE OF BEING A TOKEN FEMALE VILLAIN. I'm looking at you, Medusa.

Also the Melee air dodging was so bad. Brawl's air dodges feel much more natural.

OmegaXXII

Less tripping and more dash dancing would be nice, nerf meta-knight, buff Samus and make Bowser faster while still dealing powerful damaging blows.

LESS tripping?

How about no tripping or the option to on or off it.

captain falcon comes out of no where then falcon punches you when you trip. Lol Oasis.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Random tripping should be the only thing that should go. It's nice that some attacks cause you to trip. And who would want to get rid of Diddy's 'naner games?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Random tripping should be the only thing that should go. It's nice that some attacks cause you to trip. And who would want to get rid of Diddy's 'naner games?
I dunno. As a Diddy main, I feel tremendously gay when I destroy people with my bananas. It really feels unfair. I wonder if they could give Diddy something new for his down B and rebalance him not around bananas.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Do you think Diddy would become more balanced if he only had the ability to spawn one banana peel at a time? Or diminish the time his regular two peels stay onstage?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What if you changed it where his banana peels tripped only once and then they disappear?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why is tails on that roster? We might not get a second sega rep at all since he's 3rd party.

Maybe not, but Tails is still someone to consider. I'm not acting like my newcomer picks are shoe-ins, but more like my wishlist picks. It might be a slim dream, but it is better than some of the ridiculous picks that I've heard of nowadays.

A.B.K.S.S

Smash Cadet
Uh... that's why we have The Ice Climbers.....

But I see what you are suggesting, it would be cool if there was such a mode to pair up your fighters together, but how would it work when they attack??
It would be similar to DOA(Dead or Alive) tag team mode. Tag Combo attacks will vary based on the players you put together. There will be a special tag team combo for every different team combination you put together, making the game more versatile and interesting.

AWESOME

A.B.K.S.S

Smash Cadet
Spotlight Brawl

Another idea I had, I called Spotlight Brawl. The objective of Spotlight brawl is to reduce brawl drought time ( how long a character stays out of the fight), it will keep the brawl going between all players. It will accomplish this by focusing in on the heaviest brawl activity, excluding the player(s) with a drought, by restricting them from the fight until one the party members of the brawl is defeated. After one of the party members of the brawl has been defeated, all players will be allowed to join the again brawl until the ridiculous drought. By doing this, it will eliminate players from stealing kills.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Try not to double-post, A.B.K.S.S.. If you need to add more, just edit your post or wait for someone else to post after you. That said, the "Drought" thing sounds like a pretty good idea.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Captain Syrup, Captain America. Bleah (Captain Falcon won't be insulted here). The only true Captain left is...

Edit: Also, some NFL player on the Panthers is named Captain Munnerlyn. Man that's an epic name!

A.B.K.S.S

Smash Cadet
New Final Smash Ball System

In fact there should be no Final SmashBall at all, acquiring a final smash should be done through point accumulation. Or upon complex combo completion. Complex combos would consist of 4 hit combos or more using multiple buttons.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In fact there should be no Final SmashBall at all, acquiring a final smash should be done through point accumulation. Or upon complex combo completion. Complex combos would consist of 4 hit combos or more using multiple buttons.
You're asking for something that isn't Super Smash Bros. I get wanting to make it more competitive and fast paced with combo systems, but Smash is supposed to be easier to pick up than other Fighting games.

A.B.K.S.S

Smash Cadet
Flipnote Characters

How do you guy feel about having some of the most famous Flipnote characters brought from NDSi platform to SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom