• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If there was a poll like that, he either simplified it like in SamuraiPanda's thread, or kept it from the public. It'd be cool if he did an international poll and asked for various opinions from fans
He never released it. Also, yes. It would be cool.

Well he randomly picked a couple of votes for newcomers. He didn't count Sonic votes, because Sonic votes would blow everything else out of the water. (probably triple the combined votes of votes for everyone else)
At the time he finished the roster Sonic wasn't in Smash. For some reason late in developement he was added. Sonic's votes may have been really high on the poll, (The only fact we know about Brawl's actual poll) but it didn't seem to matter at first. I want to know who's back he scratched when he added Sonic? A SEGA employee? Or the actual fanbase?

I don't know who the Black Knight is so I'll take him as batman (Dark Knight).

Anyway, what's with all the cut ness?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All Sakurai needs to do is get translations and Nintendo workers to narrow out the "WaLuIgI IS BOSS!!! PUTT HIM IN SaMsh" posts and whatnot. He could get valuable fan information from the fans... for free! Nintendo would be taking our written out ideas... for free! I love the idea of that. (as long as they take the logical ideas! No Waluigi!)

But hey, at least Nintendo probably lurks these boards. Sakurai was given stuff from Smash Boards members after Brawl came out (along with other such letters), so even he knows of these boards, mwyhahahahaha!

Also, the Ness hate is not because people necessarily, but because they wanted the Masked Man (even though he's a little boy, and Lucas' twin brother).

And The Dark Knight is the main villain of Ike's two fire Emblem games. He kills his father if I'm not mistaken (I only played FE1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8, sorry if I'm mistaken). However, THE Dark Knight is Christian Bale as Batman. BEWARE THE MUMBLING VOICE OF DEATH!!!

Who did this to you? I'll whip his functionality!

It must have happened when I wasn't looking...WHY!

@Dark Knight: Now You're making me laugh!(cuteness)
That derp Omega.

Batman is unlikely Omega. Give up.

Oh and I know who the Black Knight is (Zelgius).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't know who the Black Knight is so I'll take him as batman (Dark Knight).

Anyway, what's with all the cut ness?
Because a bunch of people earlier suggested Nintend over Ness, which is dumb, and because Oasis apparently hates him. :reverse:

Also:

THE DARK KNIGHT!!!

THE BLACK KNIGHT!!!
[

Derp.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But hey, at least Nintendo probably lurks these boards. Sakurai was given stuff from Smash Boards members after Brawl came out (along with other such letters), so even he knows of these boards, mwyhahahahaha!
Who gave him what? I know Fatman gave Nintendo something, but we don't know if it made it anywhere. It was about Geno :rolls eyes: Me like.

@Omega

Sakurai had a blog where he answered fanmail discussing things fans wanted to see in Brawl. John thought that this was the actual Brawl poll that Japanese Smash fans took. This poll was released only in Japan, and the results were not released to the public. There are rumors that Wolf and Geno were high on the poll, but they're only rumors. The only fact we know about the poll is that Sonic was very high on it.

D

Deleted member

Question, would anyone be interested in a Rhythm Heaven stage? I would be very interested in seeing one.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And he has the time to fly around gotham city and give criminals a big knuckle sandwhich!
He also talks in a foreign language called "Grrrhhh mumble" and hates dogs.

Who gave him what? I know Fatman gave Nintendo something, but we don't know if it made it anywhere. It was about Geno :rolls eyes: Me like.
A bunch of smashers (including nealdt, the founder of AiB) gave Sakurai a bunch of smash boards, various fan stuff, and AiB stuff, and asked him questions (they had someone who spoke Japanese). It was a developer only conference. I think it was in San Fran (or maybe LA; if it was the former, and had I known, I would've gone with them to meet the man, man!), and I'm pretty dang sure it was also where Gears of War 2 was first revealed and shown (which again, wasn't released to the public; only the details were).

As for the poll, Sonic was the surefire top dog. Sakurai acknowledged this, and said he was essentially the run away most wanted. It's in SP translation thread I gave you a link to.

Also, does anyone remember the "Dragon Ball characters for Brawl!" thread that was made a little bit before the full roster was revealed. Man that was a funny thread! :laugh:

Seriously, that one random police officer in that one random movie that said that one random one liner for SSB4! :laugh:

Edit: Rhythm Heaven is the game/series/whatever that the Assist Trophy character Barbra is from. At least that's what I remember her AT profile saying on the smash dojo! (reference ftw!)

Also, Fatman was a fun boss in MGS2. That is all.

A.B.K.S.S

Smash Cadet
Ssb4

They should have tag mode in the game.

Tag counters, Smash attack counters ,Duo final smash combos ........ every time I think about Its just so AWESOME!!!!!!!!

The possibilities are ENDLESS.

OmegaXXII

They should have tag mode in the game.

Tag counters, Smash attack counters ,Duo final smash combos ........ every time I think about Its just so AWESOME!!!!!!!!

The possibilities are ENDLESS.
Uh... that's why we have The Ice Climbers.....

But I see what you are suggesting, it would be cool if there was such a mode to pair up your fighters together, but how would it work when they attack??

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What about the Dark Knight in Fire Emblem? :cool: He'd make a great character! :laugh:

I like how Dark and Darkly he is! :awesome: Everything about him is so Dark! :chuckle: He can be so Dark and so Darkly Evil! :grin: Like how the Dark Knight kills Ike's father! :glare:

I love saying the Dark Knight to tick Black Knight fans off!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Out of curiosity, I made a roster based on what so far what I have seen debated to be the most likely to happen and what I find to be reasonable.

It is 48 (52) characters overall. About 12 Newcomers. 6 characters are either Wii U or 3DS exculsive, and may become DLC for the opposite system. So 45 per system to begin with.

To avoid flamming, many characters that I feel are a stale-mate in debates (often due to flamming) I made like this:

Ex. Bowser Jr./Paper Mario/Toad - based on SSBF's ratings poll, the former being more likely to happen, in this case Bowser Jr.

Super Mario Series:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr./Paper Mario/Toad
Zelda Series:
  • Link
  • Zelda + Sheik
  • Ganondorf
  • Toon Link
Kirby Series:
  • Kirby
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
Metroid:
  • Samus + Z.S. Samus
  • Ridley
Pokemon Series:
  • Pikachu
  • Pokemon Trainer (Red) (Squritle + Ivysaur + Charizard)
  • Jigglypuff
  • Zoroark/Victini or Lucario/Mewtwo
  • Zoroark/Victini or Lucario/Mewtwo
Star Fox Series:
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Wolf
Spin-Off Mario Series:
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
F-Zero:
  • Captain Falcon
Earthbound/Mother Series:
  • Ness
  • Lucas
Donkey Kong Series:
  • D.K.
  • Diddy Kong
  • King K. Rool
Fire Emblem Series:
  • Marth
  • Ike (FE10 Style) :cool:
  • Caeda/Black Knight
Other:
  • Olimar
  • Pit
  • Medusa/Palutena (3DS)
  • Issac (3DS)
  • Saki (Wii U)
  • Little Mac (Wii U)
  • Ray (3DS)
  • Mii
Retro:
  • Ice Climbers
  • Takamaru (Wii U)
  • R.O.B.
  • Mr. Game & Watch
3rd Party:
  • Snake (Old Snake) :cool:
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man (Classic)/*Ryu Hayabusa
*Ryu H. has a good chance with the new Team Ninja and Nintendo dealings with Other M and the Metroid stage in DoA 3DS, he also has a good history with Nintendo with games on the NES, SNES, VC, DS, 3DS. He also has yet to be debated or rated.

Thoughts?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I've seen that link before. I have a better one that hopefully will get everyone off this Batman talk. Although, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman is pretty much everything I could ever ask for.

http://fryguy64.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ssb&action=display&thread=2418

Melee fan translation stuff. Also, ArcadeNik and Smashcu are on there, I'm assuming they were wee lads at this point.

http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Stor...ing-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters

The most important thing to ever hit the web that pertains to SSB characters.

OmegaXXII

What about the Dark Knight in Fire Emblem? :cool: He'd make a great character! :laugh:

I like how Dark and Darkly he is! :awesome: Everything about him is so Dark! :chuckle: He can be so Dark and so Darkly Evil! :grin: Like how the Dark Knight kills Ike's father! :glare:

I love saying the Dark Knight to tick Black Knight fans off!
WHY YOU!!! :mad: Shame on you, it's not nice. :(

But yea, The Black Knight is as darkest he can be, even blacker than black itself. :awesome:

I have Pokemon's support.
Who's Masked Man? The fire thingy looks like Inferno from Soul Calibur 2 lol..

Barbasol

Smash Ace
@ ---

That's actually a pretty solid Roster. I'd be satisfied if that's how it turned out. Nice Job. :bee:

I get your logic behind Ryu Hayabusa, he just doesn't cross me as the sort of character with enough fan-demand to get him in. I'd argue Level 5's relationship with Nintendo is tighter, as well as Prof. Layton being more demanded, but thats just IMO.

BTW, Dark Knight is Black Knight's japanese name so... yeah lol

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That idea for a tag team sounds cool, but that'd take a lot of animation to team up attacks. However, if we could use Smash Balls and Final Smash at the same time, and perhaps give every character a Super Transformation (Landmasters, Giga Bowser, etc) and Super Attacks (Giant Fireball, Great Ether, Fireball Slash), we could have some epic clashes!

Also, I totally knew Sakurai's favorite character was Captain Falcon! He can't help but admire the great Captain and his amazing fist, kness, legs, and nipples of steel!

Edit: @ Omega
That "fire thing" is Fire Blast, an attack in Pokémon (from one of those stupid Wii Pokérman games!)... >.>

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Who's Masked Man? The fire thingy looks like Inferno from Soul Calibur 2 lol..
You even quoted me earlier when I posted a picture of a Masked Man doodle, yet still you ask who he is?!

Anyway:

MASKED MAN FOR SM4SH.

@Omega: If you can, lolol.

D

Deleted member

@---: Fantastic job there and I would really enjoy having that roster. I have virtually no complaint with this roster other then that I would make Ray 3DS exclusive and drop a third Fire Emblem slot and add Starfy. Still, it gives us almost all of the deserving characters IMO for SSB4.

Even though I find Ryu Hayabusa unlikely, he would be awesome for SSB4 and lots of fun to play with. Even so, he has some things going for him.

Also found it interesting that my Rate Their Chances thread influenced your decision. I plan on making a discussion in regards to this after all semi-reasonable candidates get rated.

OmegaXXII

This is a game and this is one of it's songs. SmashChu recommended some songs for this and I've been hooked to this one.
This track sound like a track theme from Mario Kart Wii, it sounds cool though, I wonder what system it's on?

You even quoted me earlier when I posted a picture of a Masked Man doodle, yet still you ask who he is?!

Anyway:

MASKED MAN FOR SM4SH.

@Omega: If you can, lolol.
That's how unimportant Masken man is to me :p

Why the hate for Ness all of a sudden?

Ridley has small wings lol...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also found it interesting that my Rate Their Chances thread influenced your decision. I plan on making a discussion in regards to this after all semi-reasonable candidates get rated.
Thanks for your opinion, but to tell the truth the characters on it weren't my decision at all. In fact I was trying to avoid my opinion as much as I could. So I could build a more relalistic roster, and not look like a flammer myself.:embarrass:

I also look forward to your discussion for the reasonable candidates. Great Work. ;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: I loved Excitebots: Trick Racing[/b] and I would love for it to have a stage. Sadly, the chances of that happening is not great, especially since the game bomb in America and did not even reach Japan.

I find it strange that you said that, since that game's reviews were at a positive note. Of course, you did state that Japan never got the game. Additionally, it seems that the PAL region never got the game either.

This stage plot may not have the best chances of being utilized, but it's another possible stage, which can utilize the Wii U controller's features.

Hopefully, ExciteBots will get some sort of reference, even if it means making the bots collectible trophies.

Awesome stage idea M&S. Do you have any plans on making a cool new mario kart stage?
Not at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom