• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
if capcom does indeed own the rights to Vaati (as i am unsure of his standing), would it be alright to have him join with the capcom character? (note: it wouldn't be in the guest column, it would be in the zelda column)

Square Enix does indeed own the rights to Geno, Square Enix will never be able to use those rights unless there is another Square/Nintendo Crossover. Along with the Square Enix character (my vote's for Black Mage), could we have Geno join with the Square character? (note: it wouldn't be in the guest column, it would be in the mario column)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Man Ghirahim is such a creeper lol.

There's an interesting parallel here though.

Skull Kid starred in Majora's Mask 2000
-Left out of Melee in 2001
Zant starred in Twilight Princess in 2006
-Left out of Brawl in 2008.
Ghirahim will star in Skyward Sword in 2011
-Probably will be left out of Smash 4 in ~2013

Though... a Majora's Mask remake is possibly on the horizon.... That could give Skull Kid a new edge.

Skull Kid would have starred in two major titles, boss in TP, side character in OOT.
Difference is none of them were fabulous like Lord "King of fabulous" Ghirahim.

Sakurai is going to take one look at him and say, "oh my, that is too FABULOUS to leave out! Stop everything you are working on and get THAT into this game. NOW!"

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think Ghirahim is a bad choice for anything other than DLC. Skull Kid is better, because, in addition to his appearance in Majora's mask, He also appeared in a OoT side quest, and was a mini-boss in twilight princess.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think Ghirahim is a bad choice for anything other than DLC. Skull Kid is better, because, in addition to his appearance in Majora's mask, He also appeared in a OoT side quest, and was a mini-boss in twilight princess.
Skull Kid is a species. As far as I recall they are what Kokiri children who wander too far into the forest become. Now the specific Skull Kid in Majora's Mask had more to do with the mask then anything.

Anyways, Ghirahim looks as though he will be the most fleshed out villain we have seen to date. The developers have said as much. Plus he is Dimentio only transported into the Zelda universe.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oohhh! okay then... i forgot about that... although, it isn't Majora.

edit: @omega... i see no boobs...

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
He looks like a clown from the Rennasance to me.

I hate to admit it but you know if they are going to add any Zelda character to Smash it's Tingle. He is the only Zelda character to have his own spin off game. He is also one of the few constant reoccuring characters beside Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Impa.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Skull Kid is a species. As far as I recall they are what Kokiri children who wander too far into the forest become. Now the specific Skull Kid in Majora's Mask had more to do with the mask then anything.

Anyways, Ghirahim looks as though he will be the most fleshed out villain we have seen to date. The developers have said as much. Plus he is Dimentio only transported into the Zelda universe.

Who is that? I've always seen him around, I thought he always looks like some kind of Dark Joker lol...

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It is? *facepalms*

"He" still looks awesome though, even if it isn't real I guess.

Unless you quoted the wrong picture, it's a fan drawing of Ghirahim. The enemy in the new Zelda Skyward Sword

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm.. I see now, but what's the deal with Skull Kid, Midna, Zant, Tingle why are they so popular? If any Tingle would be the most likely from those, but e en he wouldn't stand much of a chance agaisnt the likes of Ghirahim I'm assuming.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Wii U Version: 53 Characters.

All brawl vets except Lucario, Lucas, and G & W return. Why not G&W? He's been in the game since Melee. I don't see him going anywhere
Mario:
Toad Sure

Mario RPG:
Paper Mario Sure. I don't think it needs to be a separate series though.

Mario Party/Kart/Sports:
Waluigi No. One, Mario does not need 3 new reps. Second, Waluigi is an awful character who has never appeared in anything but spinoffs.

tLoZ:
Skull Kid Nope. He missed his chance in Melee.

Pokemon: (I based PKMN choices on movies and show significance. Both Mewtwo and victini had 2 movies.)
Mewtwo He got cut out of melee. I don't see him returning on disc.
Victini Sure.

Metroid:
Ridley Sure.

Fire Emblem:
Micaiah If we get a new FE rep then it's going to be either a Lord or Caeda.

Animal Crossing: (like Fire Emblem in Melee, Animal Crossing is being included as a new nintendo main franchise.) No. Sakurai has already stated that he doesn't like the idea of Animal Crossing characters as fighters. Furthermore, even if we disregard that, we don't need Resetti.
Tom Nook
Mr. Resetti

F-Zero:
Goroh I think F-Zero's done for, but it's a possibility.

Mother:
Ness Umm... he's been in the game since the original. He's not a newcomer.

Classic Characters:
Little Mac Sure.
Excitebiker (Sakurai planned him for melee, but couldn't figure out how to make him fight. Youtube's pizzadudemanguy did though.) No.
Sukapon Sakurai doesn't like him.
Sheriff Who?

Misc.
Saki Sure.
Ray (custom robo) Sure.
Ende(Ende is the main character of pandoras tower, miyamoto's new personal project.) It's a possibility, knowing Sakurai.
Mii I don't like the idea, but it is a distinct possibility.

3rd party:
Geno Will people stop bringing this guy up? He's an irrelevant, one-shot third party character. If Square Enix gets a character, it'll be from Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.
Mega-man Sure.

3DS Version:

PKMN:
Pikachu
Scizor No. Absolutely irrelevant.
Hoenn PKMN Trainer Why would they have a different Trainer in each version?
Lucario Why is he on the 3DS but not the console?
Genesect No. He hasn't even been officially revealed by Nintendo yet.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

tLoZ:
Link(toon design)
Phantom Zelda/Tetra What is this I don't even...?
Vaati Nope.
Tingle Even though I hate this guy so much, he is popular in Japan, so he stands a chance.

Kirby:
Kirby
D3
Meta Knight

Yoshi:
Yoshi
Baby Mario Bros. No. The only Yoshi character that even has a chance is Kamek, and his chances are mediocre at best.

Wario:
Wario

Mario RPG
Fawful No. He appeared twice and then was killed. He missed his chance in Brawl.

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Lyn Missed her chance in Brawl

Metroid:
Samus
Sylux Irrelevant.

Star Fox
Fox

Mother:
Lucas

Classic Characters:
Muddy Mole I've seen a few requests for this guy, so maybe.
G & W Why is he here but not on the console?

Misc.
Starfy
Isaac
Jill No.
Ray
Pit
Flipnote Frog(I wanted a character to rep DS applications.) What? No.
Mii
My comments are in red. Keep in mind that I judge all lists I see as based on realism, not who I like or dislike.

Also I found an interview earlier where Sakurai stated that some absent features in Brawl (notably voice chat and DLC) were due to system limitations rather than anything else. I'll try to find it later.

Finally, I do like Ghirahim and think would be rather humorous to have him in Sm4sh. However, I think he'll suffer the same fate as my other favorite Zelda character Midna.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmm.. I see now, but what's the deal with Skull Kid, Midna, Zant, Tingle why are they so popular? If any Tingle would be the most likely from those, but e en he wouldn't stand much of a chance agaisnt the likes of Ghirahim I'm assuming.

Well, since none of us have actually played a game with Ghirahim in it, unlike the other characters, we can't really judge how well of a villain he is.

Skull Kid is also from Majora's Mask, which is one of the best Zelda games ever made

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
This guy should join Smash 4:

Just look at his pixels. It is pure badass.
If he fights Captain, your Wii U will freeze from such epicness.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's another stage idea that I've thought up...

ExciteBots

Stage Icon
N/A

Overview

ExciteBots is a scrolling stage, which takes place in five different regions. The regions include Mexico, Fiji, Egypt, China, and Kilimanjaro. There's also the bonus Nebula region, which can be unlocked.

Basically, like Mute City, the battlefield will move around and stop at various spots. However, players need to watch out for incoming ExciteBots, as they can heavily damage fighters upon contact. Fighters can't harm the ExciteBots at all, even though they can damage each other.

Six different ExciteBots are involved, which include...

1: Frog
2: Beetle
3: Ladybug
4: Bat
5: Turtle
6: Grasshopper

[collapse=Artworks]

[/collapse]

Wii U Controller Feature

This stage implements a feature that utilizes the Wii U controller. The player who is using the Wii U controller has the option to control any of the six ExciteBots, and race around the track, while the other players duke it out.

This option is optional to use, especially if only 1 human player is present.

If enabled, the Wii U controller user can choose the ExciteBot he/she wants to use. The controls for the bot will go as follows...

Button Actions
A: Use Item; press while going the wrong way to head back to the right direction.
B: Accelerate
Y: Hold while airborne, and tilt the Wii U controller to the left or right to do an Air Spin.
Control Pad /\: Boost

Motion-Sensing Actions
Steer: Tilt the Wii U controller left or right.
Red Bar: Move the Wii U controller in a circular manner until the bot releases the bar.
Yellow Bar: Move the Wii U controller away from you to release.
Flip Bar: Move the Wii U controller in a circular manner until you grab the bar again.
Song Rail: Raise the Wii U controller at the right time.
Crash: Shake the Wii U controller to recover.

If you're confused about the motion-sensing controls, refer to the various ExciteBots videos online. You're basically utilizing the exact same actions from that game.

If the Wii U controller feature is disabled, the ExciteBots will be controlled by the CPUs. If the lone human player is using the Wii U controller, the feature will always be turned off. However, in a CPU only brawl, the player can enable the Wii U controller feature in an attempt to mess up the CPU players.

All the elements that were used in the game are involved in this stage.

Track Select

After choosing your Wii U controller option, you can choose which track to battle on...

1: Mexico
2: Fiji
3: Egypt
4: China
5: Kilimanjaro
6: Nebula (unlockable)

Music

Music is determined by which track is chosen. However, some tracks, such as Mexico and China, may have unlockable songs, which originated from Excite Truck or ExciteBike: World Rally.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I've been playing Mother recently and I think Ninten would be a cool character. He may look like Ness but he's a bit different.

1. He is much more physical then Ness or Lucas has notdamaging PSI moves.

So he would use more weapons then Lucas or Ness would and only a few PSI moves

Down B: Power shield: looks like Ness or Lucas but acts as a counter attack

Up B: 4th D Slip: Ninten's signature move that allows him to escape battles. It can be a versitile teleport move/recovery.

Side B: Slingshot: shoots a pellet to stun enemies

Foreward B: Boomerang: similar to Link's in Smash64

I haven't played it all the way through so we will see if I can think of better things.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I've been playing Mother recently and I think Ninten would be a cool character. He may look like Ness but he's a bit different.

1. He is much more physical then Ness or Lucas has notdamaging PSI moves.

So he would use more weapons then Lucas or Ness would and only a few PSI moves

Down B: Power shield: looks like Ness or Lucas but acts as a counter attack

Up B: 4th D Slip: Ninten's signature move that allows him to escape battles. It can be a versitile teleport move/recovery.

Side B: Slingshot: shoots a pellet to stun enemies

Foreward B: Boomerang: similar to Link's in Smash64

I haven't played it all the way through so we will see if I can think of better things.
Oh My God! Finally more someone who supports ninten! I am a declared fan! Look what I did: :)

And I was thinking, all the characters belonging to Earthbound had changes in their design, and perhaps, by some miracle, get in Sm4sh Ninten, he will need a new disign, since its original form does not present a definitive structure.

So I did a drawing showing how to think it would be a design of 'new Ninten'. It is based on the original, kept the main features (T-shirt and cap blue and red), it is also based on those scouts who knock on your door selling cookies or doing some kind of good deed to win some kind of medal or button. I also did its representation of shape and color of the PSI, would square with a kind of 'green Bulbasaur,' (the Ness is a white circle and Lucas is a yellow hexagon)

[collapse="Ninten"]
[/collapse]
His Moveset:

A: Punch
AA: Punch
AAA: Explosion with PSI.

Side 'A': A kind of punch that resembles the Hadouken, but using PSI
Up 'A': will be identical to 'Side A', however, upward.
Down 'A': Same as 'Up A'.

'Walking' A ': A push energized with PSI.
'Running' A ': A Kick energized with PSI.
'Looking up' A ': A simple attack with a punch powered up.
'Kneeling' A ': Roundhouse.

Side 'A' in the air: A punch down.
Up 'A' in the air: Kick up energized with PSI.
Down 'A' in the air: Burst PSI down.
'A' in the air: spin with PSI.

Standard B Moves: PK Ground: A column of earth will rise around Ninten and 15% damage for who is reached.
Side B Move: PK Fire: A lightning bolt will hit the opponent that will fire for 5 seconds with 10% damage.
Up B Move: PK Teleport: teleport to the direction requested. If fallow is in this place of arrival, someone will receive 13% damage.
Down B Move: PSI Magnet.

Final Smash: PK Techno: Will form a green bubble and that is in the middle will lose about 300% without causing any kind of thrower, leaving you vulnerable to any attack hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom