• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You know sometimes i wonder if the 5 of us are the only posters this time of day/night. :-P

Stop the derping, it's derping me out to the point where i'll become such a derp that the mention of the derp will send my derpness derping all the way to derpville!!! GAAHHHHH!!!!

Much better....

The others are online at a later time. Me and Omega miss the lulz. Unfortunately, not much lulz happened today. Without iblis, this thread became less funny.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, I noticed it's us three Psycho and Oasis, it was fun having John join as well.

Well I think I'm going to make a music list of what I'd like to see in Smash 4.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wait, isn't Cecil from Final Fantasy IV? (I beat that game like 6 years ago) Or by II do you mean the International 2nd released game? As much as I like him and FFIV (and especially FFVI) I don't think a FF character would make it as a playable character. Think about it-each one stars in a different game, and none of the new ones are on Nintendo consoles.

Also, I've been lurking Omega... and reading some stuff. Didn't pay attention to E3 much this year, so I'm catching up with gaming news. Who else saw Halo 4 coming even after Bill Gates, Bungie, and Microsoft said Halo 3 was the end, ODST was the end, and Reach was the end.

And a fun fact: I have a Halo 3 Xbox 360, yet I don't own Halo. SUE ME!

Edit: You are both acting like I ain't been lurking! What else ya' been posting about me on here? Are you guys possibly the gnomes that keep stealing my socks, or is that just my brother, my other brother, my sister, my girlfriend, my father, my mother, my sister's dog, and Dennis Rodman again?

Final Fantasy II and IV have the same story. It's just that it was called FF II in the US.

We don't think Cecil is likely. We just think he's awesome but we don't think he's likely. Just because some guy isn't likely, doesn't mean he does not deserve supporters.

You were lurking? I see why your activity stated that you were modifying your post T_T

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know, and I agree he is awesome (FFII is completely different though; it's like a near copy of Star Wars IV). I just don't want you to get your hopes up to get crashed down... like how a lot of people did with Geno and Ridley. Fortunately I somewhat foresaw them not being in, thus I was less heartbroken. Although seeing Wolf kinda enraged me, especially since his series has been dead in my mind since Star Fox 64.

On an unrelated note, a friend of mine bought Assault for $5 a few years back. Right after we beat it, we unplugged the Gamecube, put in the N64, and played Star Fox 64 multiplayer right away. (back when Star Fox was all fun!) :awesome:

Edit: Man Assault just didn't do it for me. It wasn't that fun, plus the voice acting was just as bad as Star Fox 64, but it wasn't awesomely cheesy. And where did the Barrel Rolls go? And why is Peppy so old, grumpy, and worthless? :glare:

And yeah I was lurking and reading stuff on games shown and revealed at E3 this year. I only focused on Smash Bros, Mario, Zelda, The Old Republic, and Assassin's Creed (sadly, Pikmin isn't showing up!).

OmegaXXII

Yes John, we are the Gnomes :awesome:

I still need to play FFII, I feel so ignorant not knowing about it much. <_<.

As for Halo, can you believe that Bungie doesn't own Halo anymore, they are discontinuing the series, it's true!!

THE OLD REPUBLIC! YEAH! I've been waiting for that game since I was 8 (Yeah I know what you're gonna say. Obvious nerd is obvious. Whatever :I)

Don't worry, we know he's hopeless. Lol.

OmegaXXII

Star Wars? Meh.. I never really liked it aside from Soul Calibur IV.

I'm actually hyped over Street Fighter X Tekken though, I can't wait to play with poison though, hype!!

Once again, lets stay on topic (And yes, I'm excited for Yoshimitsu!!!!!!!)

Oh M&S is here! Hey, what's your opinion about Slime?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
[COLLAPSE="Well...If only"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I consider the Mario & Luigi series to be a different series, just like Paper Mario. Waluigi needs to be more involved with the Super Mario mainstream titles, along with some Wario series titles, before he can even get the chance to be an actual fighter. This dilemma does remind me of the sprite comic that I did up during the Brawl discussions.

Can we all agree that Kranky Kong would be the best AT ever? He would sit in front of his desk, probably harass you (by name, especially if you're from the Donkey Kong series), or perhaps assist you, whether you want him to or not.

He could throw potions that make you slow, gassy, fast, invisible, tiny, giant, strong. Perhaps he could make you fly, fully healed, or give you a jetpack, his cane, or cause explosions, summon enemies, summon various members of the Kong family and the Donkey Kong universe, conjure up items, put you in Final Smash mode, give you his flasks, or even his rocking chair. Or perhaps you could just grab him and throw him as a weapon! :laugh:

I want Cranky as an Assist Trophy myself, but I want him to be more like Mr. Resetti by making mockery remarks to today's games.

I want King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard to be playable characters.

Than we'd need Megaman and Simon Belmont.
King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard are better off as Assist Trophies, with Eggplant Wizard having an additional role as an Adventure Mode enemy.

Mega Man, I'm neutral with. Not too sure about Simon though.

Yes, yes YES! I would love this! I also think he should have a higher chance of helping any kongs around the stage if they are there(even while grumpy, he still helps his kongs)

Oh, and yay! I got a new avatar! Thanks once again to star! :-D
That image is a perfect example of what I want to see Cranky say during his Assist Trophy appearance.

Oh M&S is here! Hey, what's your opinion about Slime?
Slime would be an interesting character to implement. If it can play sports, imagine what it can do in a fight.

Lol at the waluigi comic :awesome:

Yeah, Crainky Kong would be a perfect AT.

Okay guys, lets talk more gameplay.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That image is a perfect example of what I want to see Cranky say during his Assist Trophy appearance.
That's exactly why i chose it. ;)

Ok, peoples. I have school tomorrow, and i don't want yet ANOTHER late night, so it's luco, signing off for now. I'll talk to you tomorrow afternoon, when i get the library computers for a few hours after school. Ciaos!

Well that comic is a bit of a reference to how Waluigi ended up as an Assist Trophy in Brawl. He wanted revenge, so the best way for him to get his wish is to trample the characters who became fighters.
Oh well. His loss.

Did you know he was actually ABOUT to have his first mario main stream appearance in NSMB Wii?

@nLiM8d: Late post lol.

NO SHAME!!!!!

Off for now

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Do you think that smash series will get its own playable character that is unique to the smash series. Also I hope that mii's are playable chracters. That would be pro.

When did you manage this?

I am going to invest time in that read.

EDIT- Can anyone make a list that shows legitimate 3rd Party Characters? I'm not talking megaman, though he's included. I mean characters like Professor Layton which seem to be 2nd Party but are actually third.
Sure.

3rd parties asides from Megaman:
1.) Layton
2.) Ryu Hayabusa
3.) Geno
4.) Bomberman

That's all I know so far and I forgot to put the stages in that. Lol

@hichez: Wouldn't mind actually

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Found this on Capcom Unity in regards to somebody asking about Ryu in Smash Bros.:

Sven: As always, this is a question for Nintendo. Smash Brothers is not our game. While I'm sure we'd be thrilled to have conversations with Nintendo should they request it, this is not something that's under our control.

Same goes for Megaman (whom I agree makes a lot of sense to be there).

Wait so this means that Mega man and Ryu have a good chance of getting in the game? Interesting......

majora_787

Smash Hero
Is this a good or bad thing?
It means that if Nintendo decides to sit and talk about having Megaman or...
eww..
Ryu... put into the game, then it may happen and it's not impossible.

I like 3rd parties. I really do. But I think if we keep Sonic and Snake, which I think we will, then Megaman is enough and one more makes 4... which is plenty. xD But to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo put 4 3rd parties in SSB4. Just to be punny.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I dunno, maybe it's just Hoots influencing me, but I'm really hoping for Professor Layton now. He could bring a lot of interesting gimmicks and a cool style of fighting.

I would feel they were jumping the shark if they had more than four third-parties though...

Sonic
Snake
Megaman
Professor Layton

Though I really despise Snake being in the game...

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno, maybe it's just Hoots influencing me, but I'm really hoping for Professor Layton now. He could bring a lot of interesting gimmicks and a cool style of fighting.

I would feel they were jumping the shark if they had more than four third-parties though...

Sonic
Snake
Megaman
Professor Layton

Though I really despise Snake being in the game...
I'd say something about preferring Snake to Layton, but I don't want to start anything.

I dunno about you guys, but I LIKE those big stages like Sector Z and Corneria, and would be fine if they brought back that idea and made a BIG one like Sector Z was.

Yo Berserker, I don't think you commented on my Peach / Toad mention. Would you mind if they shared the same slot in the same way that Zelda and Samus has done?

Also, random with the starfox mention.

If spammed maybe, of course that being said if the helpless state is involved.
I guess that's fine. I'd prefer it if Toad was an individual fighter but that works. I'm still in favor with Toad being a stand alone fighter but that's a good idea. I have nothing against that idea.

I can't think of a star fox stage. Lol

Off for now

D

Deleted member

Megaman Legends 3 can still be greenlighted
all you have to do is join capcom-unity, become a servbot in the dev room, and sign on the official petition.
Thanks. I usually don't sign on petitions since I generally consider them to be useless, but I do make exceptions and given that Capcom recognize this one, this is one of those exceptions.

If the game is revived after all the outrage surrounding Mega Man Legends 3 cancellation, Mega Man's chances will go back up. That and the game was one of my most anticipated for the 3DS.

I think it's safe to say that Capcom is not deliberately trying to kill Mega Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom