• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Dont worry about it too much, I'm sure Nintendo or a 3rd party manufacturer will realize this eventually, besides there's the classic pro controller which shouldn't be too bad.

CHECK THIS out.
:phone:
I hope so but about that classic controller pro, It requires a wii remote and well obviously wireless is a nono in tournies. so it makes me worry more! D:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wanted Luigi's Super Smash to be a Ken homage since Mario and Luigi are clearly the Ryu and Ken of this game. Negative Zone didn't seem like a neat instant K.O. move and I wanted to make something as close to a fatality as you can get in a Smash game.
Funny you mentioned fatality since that has alot to do with Mortal Kombat, but I know what you mean, Luigi could have definetly had something a little more damaging as far as instant finisher's go.

But yea I read some of your suggestions, it's pretty amazing, why not expand on it? People will catch up to thus pretty quick.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
The controllers from the wii aren't good IMHO and neither is the classic controller. I haven't tried the classic control pro which im planning to buy to check it out. But I'm so used to the Gamecube control. I can't believe Nintendo left it behind it was one of the best controls ever created! Mad Catz might do something hopefully.
I have a Classic Pro controller, and while the layout is a little hard to get used to for Brawl with the Z buttons being where your L and R would be and vise versa for the L and R buttons and their locations, it still works fairly effectively.

The a Button will be a bit confusing I find at first, since the A button on the GC was so large in comparison to the rest of the buttons. However, in the Classic Pro, they're all the same size.

After playing the Classic Pro for awhile you get to remember the control scheme, but once you go back to the GC you basically forget, I find.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@KumaOso
So most final smashes should be changed! It would be weird! What do you think would happen to Jiggypuff, King Dedede, Red, Kirby, Bowser and Wario?
Jigglypuff needs an overhaul on her Final Smash since it just sucks.

Jigglypuff
1. Hyper Voice - A soundwave around her expands out at a specific range.
2. Jigglypuff's Song - A steroid enhanced version of sing. As a shout out to the anime, she sings until it puts everyone to sleep. She gets ticked and then draws on the opponent's face with the whole thing ending on zooming in on the opponent's face to see what Jiggly drew.

I'm not sure about the others.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
I have a Classic Pro controller, and while the layout is a little hard to get used to for Brawl with the Z buttons being where your L and R would be and vise versa for the L and R buttons and their locations, it still works fairly effectively.

The a Button will be a bit confusing I find at first, since the A button on the GC was so large in comparison to the rest of the buttons. However, in the Classic Pro, they're all the same size.

After playing the Classic Pro for awhile you get to remember the control scheme, but once you go back to the GC you basically forget, I find.
yea the button layout is the same as the original classic besides the L, R, and the Zs.
but well i'll have to try it out. Theres one thing that i don't like though. That its wireless. -.- Thats not good for tournaments.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
My quick sonic gen outlook

Modern: looks like unleashed...so average gameplay at best, should have used sa series gameplay for modern
Classic: looks like S3&K, ****. Classic is going to be the better half.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah. Thank god they'll probably go with either the modern Sonic or classic Sonic, which are BY FAR better than Sonic 06, giant-hedgehog-man model.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Sonic 06 was better as a trailer LOL

Not to mention that the main theme song sounds like a wannabe song like Run DMC and Aerosmith did, Walk This Way.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Prepare for a wall of quotes and words.
@berserker01: Wow, that would suck. While we're at it, I want to ask everyone this. What is the worst roster you have ever seen? The most unrealistic one you've ever had to hear? Links would be preferred.
I would say the example 100-character roster you gave out from IGN Boards was horrific, but the person posting it was likely just a spammer trying to annoy everyone. As for the 1st-page roster you also provided, that was bad too. However, most of the rosters on the board were made in 2008 and 2009, it appears to me, so I can accept some of the character choices (like Deoxys, for example).

Here are some exceptionally terrible rosters made for Brawl. I love how the fourth one has Barney.

EDIT: And apparently Miyamoto too.

For some reason I found this extremely funny. You made my name look... well correct. (except the "I" is suppose to be a "y")
Well, I didn't want to bother myself to look at your username for the spelling you used in it, so I just spelled it the way it is in reality (although even then I misspelled ;)).

HOLY ******* ****. That's one heck of a match.

Well, for all potential buyers, the Smash Bros. brand is going to be the biggest selling point. After that, it's the portability. I mean, whatever is getting tacked onto it, it's bound for success by just being Smash. (Also I'd imagine the hardcore tourney players would be the ones most likely to pass it up...?) FOR HUGE FANS LIKE US, assuming it has the quality of every other Smash, and doesn't diverge from the core multiplayer experience, that'd probably be all we would need to warrant buying it? Anyway, is single-player alone a big enough selling point? Probably not? Who bought Brawl for the SSE?

Alright, for clarity's sake, let's use Pokemon as an example. When you trade, you're not really sending over all the data for your Pokemon to the other game. The other game will read your data, then create that Pokemon on that game using its own data. Something along those lines? It just gives the illusion that the Pokemon you "traded" is actually the same one. To go about it any other way would just be CONVOLUTED. For Sm4sh, and lets just assume the 3DS had exclusives, the idea is that you can transfer characters you have used on its single-player mode onto the WiiU version. Now, everything about that character would have to already exist on the WiiU game's disc. It would already have a system in place to upgrade that character like you have done on the 3DS. It would read the data you're sending it, blah blah blah, then essentially create your 3DS character using data already on the WiiU version. So you see, it would be a huge waste to have these exclusive characters fully on the WiiU, but not being able to play as them unless you have the 3DS game. That's what I mean when saying the 3DS would pretty much only act as a key. ...I could see maybe one exclusive character knowing that. I WOULD NOT PUT IT PAST NINTENDO TO TEMPT YOU INTO BUYING MORE OF THEIR STUFF. (You couldn't get all the trophies in Melee unless you had a save file of Pikmin >8( )

That was an entirely too long of an explanation. I'M SORRY. Notthebestatexplainingthingsanditdoesn'thelpthatI'mtired,lolol.

Too much? Well, they're already going to be pretty different. 3DS version probably won't have many more modes than the mysterious single-player thing. WHEREAS the WiiU will surely have the usual amount PLUS MORE. A lot of people assume the 3DS version will have the story mode, but I'm not sure that's a safe jump to make. Something on a portable needs be something you can play over and over again, and a story mode just isn't that. I'm betting it'll have more of an "arcade" feel to it. Since Sakurai wanted a story mode so badly for Brawl, I don't see him just shoving it aside for the next installment though. That'll probably be something he wants to build off of. That would probably go on the WiiU version. ANYWAY I GOT SIDETRACKED. I can see exclusive stages between consoles? I'm sure WiiU stages take advantage of its power, whereas the 3DS will probably do something with the 3D abilities. Hopefully nothing too distracting. I fear music may not be a priority, so some songs may get cut from the 3DS version. Exclusive/tradable trophies sounds like something they'd do. OH, and unlockable alternate costumes on the 3DS version that you can transfer to the WiiU version. That'd definitely warrant a purchase. SO. I really don't think differing rosters is necessary, or even a good idea. I mean, for it to have less characters than the WiiU version... would almost be admitting that their new technology just couldn't handle it. Because let's face it, characters always have top priority. >:V

Wow. I can be incredibly long winded sometimes. I'm just going to use tiredness as a scapegoat. But I think it's a discussion that needs to be had? :3

I applaud anyone who stuck it through while reading this post.
Yay, I was applauded. :bee:

IMO, it would be more than the tourney players who might ignore the "lesser" of the two games, but I agree that Smash Bros. is a big series that even some casual gamers (I despise that term) would consider it. I still expect it to sell less that the Wii U version, but the simple fact is it's on a less powerful system - even if it's capable of as much as a Wii U version, many would ignore it based on that stereotype.

Regarding connectivity, that would be a rip-off for anyone, but considering that that is how connectivity works, I would allow it if it meant a non-universal roster.

I agree with stages, trophies, maybe music, etc. being unique. Personally, I am against alternate costumes if they resemble a completely separate individual (example: a complete Daisy overhaul costume for Peach), but that's just me and not related to the topic. Also, I can see where you're coming from in terms of how game modes are handled between the two versions - I can see a full-fledged SSE-type Adventure Mode on the Wii U while the 3DS has a more Melee-based (but less linear and more replayable) Adventure Mode. But I still think exclusive characters would spice up both games and would result in content players and a content Nintendo.

Anyways, as you are, I'm getting a little tired of arguing. Obviously we have our set opinions, and we're not changing each others very soon. All I can see if this argument continues is repeated points and potential building hostility. So I call an end to this discussion. Good job arguing. :)

That was LONG.

Anyway where's mah Ridley move list?
To keep everyone cool until Oasis finishes his Ridley moveset, here is a good Ridley moveset made by ShadowHydra on IGN Boards (something good for SSB4 on IGN Boards; that's difficult to find).

I've suggested this before. Basically, the idea was that you have two Final Smashes: The Super Smash and the Final Smash. As the name implies, the Super Smash is basically your character's super combo attack. This attack is made with balance in mind. The Final Smash, on the other hand, is deliberately designed as an instant kill move and it required the opponent to have only one life left, 100%+ damage, and your Super Smash meter (which can hold for either one or two, I'm not sure) must be full.
That could happen if and only if the Final Smash required that two players be left standing. Otherwise, cutscene attacks would affect potentially the other players and disrupt the flow.
I'm not entirely sure about replacing the Final Smashes of some characters, but I do like the idea of the Super and Final Smashes. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a bit of an overhaul on the normal fighting mechanics in SSB4, as long as it still feels very Smash Bros.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not entirely sure about replacing the Final Smashes of some characters, but I do like the idea of the Super and Final Smashes. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a bit of an overhaul on the normal fighting mechanics in SSB4, as long as it still feels very Smash Bros.
You'd have to do a lot to get rid of that true Smash feeling. Bringing in chains, special canceling, and true jump canceling from other fighters would be a very interesting and, imo, amazing addition to the series.

Then toss in stuff like the return of momentum from Melee and the ability to turn around in mid-air which would increase your options big time.

And I just watched that video Iblis posted. What was that?! If that was actually how the Japanese play Brawl, then America sucks for being boring.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Guys I'm worried about the Wii U control.... I'm sure everyone here is.
I've heard its not precise. Some say it feels good and comfortable. But I'm very skeptical about it.
Right now I'm not worried about Smash Brothers because if they screw up again and make another brawl well another Project M will happen :) but the control is whats leaving me worried.
Hopefully Nintendo can change the console a bit to add gamecube ports or if not make an adapter for Usb to connect gamecube controls.
But ahhhh it worries me :(
Personally, I'm not all too worried about the controls. Seeing as we have the controllers from the Wii, as well as all the Wii attachments, we should be fine. Afterall, we have the Classic Controller. If anything, Nintendo MIGHT make a USB-based controller that will work with Smash U. And if not, there's always companies like Mad Catz who make controllers. Maybe they'll come up with something.
The controllers from the wii aren't good IMHO and neither is the classic controller. I haven't tried the classic control pro which im planning to buy to check it out. But I'm so used to the Gamecube control. I can't believe Nintendo left it behind it was one of the best controls ever created! Mad Catz might do something hopefully.
With me being a Classic Controller user for Brawl, the lack of GameCube support isn't too troubling on my end. In fact, the only Wii title that I primarily use the GCN Controller with is Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that the Wii U Controller can be set up to work like the Classic Controller. It could also be used to control certain stage elements; there is my Rotohex stage plot.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No its not how japanese people play brawl its TAS or known in japan as TAP tool assisted system/play. It makes everything you do frame perfect.

Also if you want to see fun nomral brawl matches watch top level american players or watch japan and europe. I personally enjoy watching japan and europe because its different than how we play here and it shows me options that aren't exploited enough.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Although it virtually has no chance of ever happening, I like the idea of double final smashes in Team Battles. Basically every character has two other characters that they can do a special final smash with if they are teamed up with them. For example, Mario and Luigi could have one together.

OmegaXXII

What! Are you suggesting tag smashes? I'm assuming they would only be utilized during Team Battles am I right?

I like what KumaOso suggested earlier, a basic finisher consiting of either a basic powerup or a series of combo hits depending on the character, while the other or main Final Smash would basically be an instant K.O.

It's a nice concept indeed, I don't anything like this would happen, but I hope Sora does some cool moves like that.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Hmmmm,I think the Final Smashes should be more cooler and more flashy. There should be n Side-Special Final Smash,and a Down-Special Final Smash,along with the regular Special Final Smash.More Final Smashes should have cutscenes like Captin Falcon's. Other Final Smashes could be(like sum1 said earlier) combos. I think Shiek needs one of those.

Hitboxes:Sakurai needs to fix that ****.They should mimic the exact model.

OmegaXXII

Hmmmm,I think the Final Smashes should be more cooler and more flashy. There should be n Side-Special Final Smash,and a Down-Special Final Smash,along with the regular Special Final Smash.More Final Smashes should have cutscenes like Captin Falcon's. Other Final Smashes could be(like sum1 said earlier) combos. I think Shiek needs one of those.

Hitboxes:Sakurai needs to fix that ****.They should mimic the exact model.

Exactly what I was suggesting, a basic Final Smash, plus the main Final Smash is what everybody should have, though this time around, i'd like everybody to have their own signature FS, like Wolf and Falco for example shouldn't have the Landmaster.

Hitboxes were somewhat ****** up.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Snake can hit you when you're like 2 feet away............What am I complaining about?I always use Snake. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

I believe JavaCroc said something about many core gamers would buy the Wii U just for this game, which I will expand upon.

What he said shows how critical it is for SSB4 to deliver on each and every single front. Because core gamers for the most part are very frustrated with Nintendo's recent practice, Sakurai needs to recognize that the faith of Nintendo's core audience almost entirely lies on his hand. Why? Because we are gamers have extremely high expectations for it and I don't mean to be cruel, but he must make a near perfect game with minimal mistakes. If he ends up screwing one part of the game {Roster, stages, online, etc.}, Nintendo will likely have no choice but to give up trying to bring the lost core gamers back and convert casual gamers to hard core gamers themselves.

Because I think millions of core gamers will decide whenever or not to get the Wii-U based off this game, it is very important that Sakurai takes a very long time on this game and brush it to perfection. If the game is a let down in expectations, that shaves off sales of the Wii-U.

And with that, I ask you all a question:

If SSB4 ends up disappointing you to the point where you decide not to buy it/go sell it after being disappointed, will you still buy a Wii-U/keep your Wii-U?

Personally, I would keep my Wii-U (If I have bought one by then) but for other games as there's more to my reason for buying a Wii-U then just Smash, although I wouldn't play it as much.
OmegaXVII said:
Yea, how weird would it be if we actually saw Master Chief on the 3DS, people would be like:

"OMG! Master Chief for SSB4!!"
I hope this isn't the case. One game may make him eligible for SSB4, but he is not a very deserving character just because of that. If we get a fourth slot, it should go to someone like Ryu Hayabusa, Professor Layton, or Slime.
OmegaXVII said:
Anyway, I heard Colors way way better than 06', even unleashed was better, I dunno though.
Trust me, they are both much better then I assume '06 would be.
Nine said:
Guys I'm worried about the Wii U control.... I'm sure everyone here is.
I've heard its not precise. Some say it feels good and comfortable. But I'm very skeptical about it.
Right now I'm not worried about Smash Brothers because if they screw up again and make another brawl well another Project M will happen but the control is whats leaving me worried.
Hopefully Nintendo can change the console a bit to add gamecube ports or if not make an adapter for Usb to connect gamecube controls.
But ahhhh it worries me
The only way we'll know for sure is when we try it. Until then, relax.
OmegaXVII said:
I wonder if SSB4 will ever break this record?. O_O
That depends on the following circumstances:

- If we do not get universal rosters.
- If the roster is at least 44 slots.
- The online doesn't suck.
- The game is considered as good if not better then the previous titles.
- How well the Wii-U sells.

It will need all three for us to say it has a chance of breaking that.
JavaCroc said:
Here are some exceptionally terrible rosters made for Brawl. I love how the fourth one has Barney.

EDIT: And apparently Miyamoto too.
God those rosters were downright horrible. The first one will never be realistic, period.
OmegaXVII said:
Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b060...&feature=feedu

I wish SSB4 was like this!!
You gotta admit, that would be awesome.

OmegaXXII

That depends on the following circumstances:

- How well the Wii-U sells
By the look of this, it seems Sakurai is expectedto do extremely well inorder to at least satisfy the fans, otherwise I fear Smash isn't going to get any better from then on.

But I agree, a universal roste. Is what would kill there sales if they expect to sell for both the Wii-U and the 3DS, and I believe Iwata may have hinted this by saying "connectivity" between the two.

D

Deleted member

By the look of this, it seems Sakurai is expectedto do extremely well inorder to at least satisfy the fans, otherwise I fear Smash isn't going to get any better from then on.

But I agree, a universal roste. Is what would kill there sales if they expect to sell for both the Wii-U and the 3DS, and I believe Iwata may have hinted this by saying "connectivity" between the two.

I don't think the series will get any better after Smash 4, which is why I am hoping this is the best title yet. Considering the pristine quality the series is known for, it's not too much of a stretch to say that I expect near perfection for this one. Yes, I want this to be the best title we have yet.

It's also also I am really hoping universal roster does not happen. If not for Operation: Connect (Which I wold then shift all of my focus to as I would consider it the only hope for me to definitely buy the title), I would completely withdraw from Smash 4 discuss because I worry that even with my mild expectations, I along with millions of others like you with realistic expectations won't be satisfied and I would feel utterly disappointed at the likely outcome. I really hope Sakurai puts exclusives on the Wii-U for this reason, there is no reason why the Wii-U cannot do at least 44 and it can easily go up to 50 (Not that I'm expecting 50 slots, just saying it is unfair to limit the potentials of the Wii-U version in any shape).

Actually my conditions are quite simple:
- 45 characters up
- Fast and smooth online
- Gameplay is right, fast-paced and accessible
- More features online such as groups, better lobby, etc

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I believe JavaCroc said something about many core gamers would buy the Wii U just for this game, which I will expand upon.

What he said shows how critical it is for SSB4 to deliver on each and every single front. Because core gamers for the most part are very frustrated with Nintendo's recent practice, Sakurai needs to recognize that the faith of Nintendo's core audience almost entirely lies on his hand. Why? Because we are gamers have extremely high expectations for it and I don't mean to be cruel, but he must make a near perfect game with minimal mistakes. If he ends up screwing one part of the game {Roster, stages, online, etc.}, Nintendo will likely have no choice but to give up trying to bring the lost core gamers back and convert casual gamers to hard core gamers themselves.

Because I think millions of core gamers will decide whenever or not to get the Wii-U based off this game, it is very important that Sakurai takes a very long time on this game and brush it to perfection. If the game is a let down in expectations, that shaves off sales of the Wii-U.

And with that, I ask you all a question:

If SSB4 ends up disappointing you to the point where you decide not to buy it/go sell it after being disappointed, will you still buy a Wii-U/keep your Wii-U?

- How well the Wii-U sells.
Actually, I never wrote anything like that and I never intended my writing to reflect upon that, but since you made a good point based on it, whatever. :awesome:

If Sakurai and Nintendo want this game to be as perfect as possible, they better not restrict how long Sakurai can make the game. It seems to me that this happened to Brawl - the "Forbidden Seven" being the most obvious example of these time constraints during Brawl's development.

If SSB4 was disappointing, I wouldn't get rid of my Wii U (that name... that horrible, nonsensical name... Pii U!). There would be new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, etc. games to play in the time that I wasn't playing SSB4.

As for your requirements for SSB4 breaking the sales record, I absolutely 100% agree to each of your points. If at least three or four of those items are answered, then I have no doubts that it could smash that record (no pun intended).

If they announced DLC for Smash Bros., that would preserve SSB4 a place in sales history for Nintendo probably.

Regarding DLC, what do you guys think about the DLC and chances of it happening?

I have restricted, limited hopes regarding it given Sakurai's absolute thumbs-down against it for Brawl, but his opinions could change over time.

I don't think the series will get any better after Smash 4, which is why I am hoping this is the best title yet. Considering the pristine quality the series is known for, it's not too much of a stretch to say that I expect near perfection for this one. Yes, I want this to be the best title we have yet.

It's also also I am really hoping universal roster does not happen. If not for Operation: Connect (Which I wold then shift all of my focus to as I would consider it the only hope for me to definitely buy the title), I would completely withdraw from Smash 4 discuss because I worry that even with my mild expectations, I along with millions of others like you with realistic expectations won't be satisfied and I would feel utterly disappointed at the likely outcome. I really hope Sakurai puts exclusives on the Wii-U for this reason, there is no reason why the Wii-U cannot do at least 44 and it can easily go up to 50 (Not that I'm expecting 50 slots, just saying it is unfair to limit the potentials of the Wii-U version in any shape).
To say it simply to Sakurai and the SSB4 team: take your time.

I also do not see much to improve after SSB4 or possibly an SSB5. At that point, I would prefer the Smash Bros. series take a long hiatus until there are enough new worthy additions and innovations to make a new game.

D

Deleted member

Actually my conditions are quite simple:
- 45 characters up
- Fast and smooth online
- Gameplay is right, fast-paced and accessible
- More features online such as groups, better lobby, etc
Basically what I said as well.
If Sakurai and Nintendo want this game to be as perfect as possible, they better not restrict how long Sakurai can make the game. It seems to me that this happened to Brawl - the "Forbidden Seven" being the most obvious example of these time constraints during Brawl's development.
Totally this. This is going to be a massive project larger then that of Brawl. The game needs at least three years and I am prepare to wait for half a decade after it starts development for the game. Some people may argue it'll hurt the game, but perfection is absolutely needed.
If SSB4 was disappointing, I wouldn't get rid of my Wii U (that name... that horrible, nonsensical name... Pii U!). There would be new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, etc. games to play in the time that I wasn't playing SSB4.
I agree with you on this matter. After all, there is more to Nintendo then just Smash.
As for your requirements for SSB4 breaking the sales record, I absolutely 100% agree to each of your points. If at least three or four of those items are answered, then I have no doubts that it could smash that record (no pun intended).

If they announced DLC for Smash Bros., that would preserve SSB4 a place in sales history for Nintendo probably.
I really hope we get DLC. Imagine the possibility of it.

Regarding DLC, what do you guys think about the DLC and chances of it happening?

I have restricted, limited hopes regarding it given Sakurai's absolute thumbs-down against it for Brawl, but his opinions could change over time.
I think we have a good chance of seeing it, now that the online will likely be much better then the Wii-U. There is pretty much no reason not to do it, as it would allow irrelevant characters people want to finally make a debut not to mention give the team the opportunity to put up characters they planned, but did not have time to finish. That and along with other things would make the game near limitless in time.

To say it simply to Sakurai and the SSB4 team: take your time.

I also do not see much to improve after SSB4 or possibly an SSB5. At that point, I would prefer the Smash Bros. series take a long hiatus until there are enough new worthy additions and innovations to make a new game.
I also agree that this should be the last game for a long while. After this, all they can do is add contents to it as I don't see SSB5 being as good as the ones we have now. It would also give other franchises a chance to breath, so fans can actually appreciate them. I think we can say that it's best to end the franchise at the top of it's game and keep a fantastic reputations for an eternity. I hope Sakurai treat this game as if it was the last and maximize the potential of the Wii-U and 3DS without limiting each other, except this time, if all goes according to plan, it really should be the last one in awhile.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
This is what I want in SSBU:
1. Good online
2. 2 player mode Online
3. At least 8 more characters
4. All characters would have their own move set.
5. There wouldn't be any tiers.
6. Higher difficulty levels for cpu's.
7. Ganondorf would use his sword.
8. Less glitches.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
...I posted that video about 4 pages back, then Omega reposts it, and then everyone acts like it's never been there. LOL

WAIT WAIT, LOL, there is always going to be tiers because tiers are determined by character strengths, results, and the such. Tier categorize them, people will always catergorize characters. There will always be tiers.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
One more thing: Character balance.
Ah, yes. Character balance too.

I've never participated in a competitive-type match in my SSB life, but I can tell when a character is simply horrific and un-fun to play as (Ganondorf) and when a character can steal your soul in a matter of less than thirty seconds (Metaknight, Snake).

BTW, can any competitive players provide me a link to a list of terms of techniques in the SSB series? I'd like to know more about how you guys play.

OmegaXXII

And entrances, wavedashing, more hitstun, no more top tier MetaKnight etc..

Definetly custom music needs to be as well.

@Iblis: It seems I like MLP now :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom