• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's why you shouldn't judge a user by it's username.

@MariandSonic: Okay, I'd love to respond but right now, I prefer hiding this discussion before we all get screwed

Unleashed was a huge failure. It's not my most hated Sonic game though. It'd have to be Sonic and the Black Knight

It had nothing to do with Sonic and at least you run in high speed in 2006. In this one, you constantly stop and pretty much waggle your wiimote. The battles are broken and the sword clashes have a problem

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea, you got a point, we didn't even see anything that's stage iconic to him, I'm thinking about getting either Sonic 4 or Colors, I heard those were good considering how bad the previous ones were.

Also what about Sonic & the Secret Rings?

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
It had nothing to do with Sonic and at least you run in high speed in 2006. In this one, you constantly stop and pretty much waggle your wiimote. The battles are broken and the sword clashes have a problem
It doesn't seem like you've played either one too well.

I played both, and B lack Knight, even with its wagglefest, is a LOT faster than 2006. Sonic 2006 requires you to abuse the boosters all over the place if you intend of going fast, Black Knight doesn't require that, heck there aren't even boosters from what I recall in that game. Or way too little for me to notice.

Speaking of SSFIV themes...

I want to see:

-Balrog
-Dudley
-Guile
-Ken
-Deejay
-Vega (claw)
-Juri

About secret rings: The controls are frustrating but the game was fun. Some bosses were too easy, others were too hard. It's still fun though.

The good thing is that Colors and Sonic 4 were great games. I'm also excited for the upcoming Sonic generations. I'd love to play the modern versions of the classic stages and the classic versions of the modern stages

Off for now

OmegaXXII

Sonic Generations will definetly be one for the ages, I'm guessing SSB4 will have implementation from that game such as a possible stage, music and such, yea.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
OMG!! I love El Fuerte, is he by any chance in Street Fighter PSN Arcade? I'd like to play as him or Alex.

So far, El Fuerte's only playable in the SF4 series. I'm really hoping he makes it to Street Fighter x Tekken. If he's not in, while I'll be disappointed, Xiaoyu from Tekken is pretty likely.

OmegaXXII

So far, El Fuerte's only playable in the SF4 series. I'm really hoping he makes it to Street Fighter x Tekken. If he's not in, while I'll be disappointed, Xiaoyu from Tekken is pretty likely.
I heard a new character was revealed at e3 concerning Street Fighter x Tekken, I forgot though, anyway I can't wait to see what it's going to offer as far as mechanics go, I beleice it's going to be fast paced much like Street Fighter, ivwonder how they"'ll do the specials.

This got me thinking about Specials or a 2nd Final Smash for Smash 4, what if every character had the ability to do so? One would be used under normal situations while the 2nd could be used under special conditions such as high pertentage, button combinations etc..

I would also like to see some kind of finishing blow animation as well where the camera stops and freezes the hit in action.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
This got me thinking about Specials or a 2nd Final Smash for Smash 4, what if every character had the ability to do so? One would be used under normal situations while the 2nd could be used under special conditions such as high pertentage, button combinations etc..
It would be nice, but it would have so much creativity to make two final smash for more than 40 characters and transformations? King Dedede would be a challenge. I hope fourth taunt, trophies at the end the boss battle mode, and maybe a fifth special attack?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I heard a new character was revealed at e3 concerning Street Fighter x Tekken, I forgot though, anyway I can't wait to see what it's going to offer as far as mechanics go, I beleice it's going to be fast paced much like Street Fighter, ivwonder how they"'ll do the specials.
Four characters were revealed at E3: Cammy, Sagat, Julia, and Hwoarang. For mechanics, there's a launcher that you can only use twice in a combo (command launchers are different) and the thing that has really turned me on with this game is that while there are links in the game, your basic combos are chains which makes my life easier as I can transition from one character to another much better.

Here's the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fSM3HTN3E

I've suggested this before. Basically, the idea was that you have two Final Smashes: The Super Smash and the Final Smash. As the name implies, the Super Smash is basically your character's super combo attack. This attack is made with balance in mind. The Final Smash, on the other hand, is deliberately designed as an instant kill move and it required the opponent to have only one life left, 100%+ damage, and your Super Smash meter (which can hold for either one or two, I'm not sure) must be full.
I would also like to see some kind of finishing blow animation as well where the camera stops and freezes the hit in action.
That could happen if and only if the Final Smash required that two players be left standing. Otherwise, cutscene attacks would affect potentially the other players and disrupt the flow.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I've suggested this before. Basically, the idea was that you have two Final Smashes: The Super Smash and the Final Smash. As the name implies, the Super Smash is basically your character's super combo attack. This attack is made with balance in mind. The Final Smash, on the other hand, is deliberately designed as an instant kill move and it required the opponent to have only one life left, 100%+ damage, and your Super Smash meter (which can hold for either one or two, I'm not sure) must be full.
So would need two types of smash ball?

Hoots

Can Be Combative

WTF!! Master Chief was in a fighting game with Ryu?!! Technically it might not be, but it kooks awesome.

Also that DS release was way back in 2007, why would bungie work with Nintendo, could they scheming something together behind the scenes as we speak?!!

Only Team Ninja would feel the need to include a FEMALE Spartan. Im shocked they didn't just put her in a bikini plus helmet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Hoots
Bungie didn't want MC because of something about conflicting canons so they threw in a female spartan, and I don't even think you see her face.

OmegaXXII

Four characters were revealed at E3: Cammy, Sagat, Julia, and Hwoarang. For mechanics, there's a launcher that you can only use twice in a combo (command launchers are different) and the thing that has really turned me on with this game is that while there are links in the game, your basic combos are chains which makes my life easier as I can transition from one character to another much better.

Here's the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_fSM3HTN3E
Is that so? Well then this game should definetly make things much more easier to adjust without having to spam a certain character's move. :awesome:

I was thinking more along the lines of two instant kills but I see what you're suggesting, the super move would basically act as a chain combo of attacks, pummels and blows with balancing involved am I right? It's a nice little addition more racking up some damage to your opponents percentage without overdoing it, nice.

That could happen if and only if the Final Smash required that two players be left standing. Otherwise, cutscene attacks would affect potentially the other players and disrupt the flow.
Well the idea I had in mind is that this would only apply in a 2 player game, of course with an option to turn it on or off at tourneys, otherwise like you said could disrupt the flow of the battle.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Funny you mention chains for the Super because you already know I want to chains and other assorted cancels in the next Smash game to really perk up the pace of the game. And the Super Smash wouldn't necessarily have to be a chain of attacks, it could be something different. For example, I was envisioning PK Starstorm as something like this:

And I don't think you'd have to turn off Final Smashes in tournies considering that landing one would be tougher than you think, especially with meter growing rates in mind.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can see where you're coming from, but the idea I had in mind is that Ness and/or Lucas would surround themselves in a pillar of PK Starstorm.

OmegaXXII

I can see where you're coming from, but the idea I had in mind is that Ness and/or Lucas would surround themselves in a pillar of PK Starstorm.
You are suggesting a simpler Smash move right? Like a level 1 or 2 in Street Fighter used from the super meter, of course like you're envisioning it sounds awesome, one question though, considering it's difficult to even nail such a move how effective would it be?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here are some more ideas for attacks. The first one is the Super Smash then the Final Smash.

Mario
1. Shoot a super fireball across the screen - An homage to Ryu's Shikuu Hadouken.
2. His Mario Finale.

Luigi
1. Does an uppercut upward, spinning as he goes up with flames - An homage to Ken's Shinryuken.
2. Pulls out the Poltergust to suck the opponent in for good - Command Grab.

Fox
1. Combo into a launcher while attaching a bomb the opponent and then blasting the bomb.
2. Landmaster, but more cinematic.

Zelda
1. Light Arrow
2. The Seven Sages, please see OoT. This attack is a hitconfirm projectile.

Samus
1. Power Bomb
2. Hyper Beam

@Sonic Poke
I'm good with him. Not quite sure how to get him or Isaac to work and be unique.

@Omega
How effective? It depends on the mechanics, if move canceling is in, Super Smashes would be staples for your bigger combos.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Guys I'm worried about the Wii U control.... I'm sure everyone here is.
I've heard its not precise. Some say it feels good and comfortable. But I'm very skeptical about it.
Right now I'm not worried about Smash Brothers because if they screw up again and make another brawl well another Project M will happen :) but the control is whats leaving me worried.
Hopefully Nintendo can change the console a bit to add gamecube ports or if not make an adapter for Usb to connect gamecube controls.
But ahhhh it worries me :(

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Luigi
1. Does an uppercut upward, spinning as he goes up with flames - An homage to Ken's Shinryuken.
2. Pulls out the Poltergust to suck the opponent in for good - Command Grab.
Why take the negative zone?

Oh, my ideas:

Lucas
1-PK Starstorm
2-PK Love

Peach
1-peach bloom (final smash of her current, do not know the name)
2 - army of Toads

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I've heard its not precise. Some say it feels good and comfortable. But I'm very skeptical about it.
Right now I'm not worried about Smash Brothers because if they screw up again and make another brawl well another Project M will happen :) but the control is whats leaving me worried.
Hopefully Nintendo can change the console a bit to add gamecube ports or if not make an adapter for Usb to connect gamecube controls.
Personally, I'm not all too worried about the controls. Seeing as we have the controllers from the Wii, as well as all the Wii attachments, we should be fine. Afterall, we have the Classic Controller. If anything, Nintendo MIGHT make a USB-based controller that will work with Smash U. And if not, there's always companies like Mad Catz who make controllers. Maybe they'll come up with something.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wanted Luigi's Super Smash to be a Ken homage since Mario and Luigi are clearly the Ryu and Ken of this game. Negative Zone didn't seem like a neat instant K.O. move and I wanted to make something as close to a fatality as you can get in a Smash game.

For Peach, I think something besides Peach Blossom would be a better choice. That move wasn't all that great to begin with. Not sure on the Toad Army.

@Nine
If anything, wired controllers will be available.

OmegaXXII

Dont worry about it too much, I'm sure Nintendo or a 3rd party manufacturer will realize this eventually, besides there's the classic pro controller which shouldn't be too bad.

CHECK THIS out.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Personally, I'm not all too worried about the controls. Seeing as we have the controllers from the Wii, as well as all the Wii attachments, we should be fine. Afterall, we have the Classic Controller. If anything, Nintendo MIGHT make a USB-based controller that will work with Smash U. And if not, there's always companies like Mad Catz who make controllers. Maybe they'll come up with something.
The controllers from the wii aren't good IMHO and neither is the classic controller. I haven't tried the classic control pro which im planning to buy to check it out. But I'm so used to the Gamecube control. I can't believe Nintendo left it behind it was one of the best controls ever created! Mad Catz might do something hopefully.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
@KumaOso
So most final smashes should be changed! It would be weird! What do you think would happen to Jiggypuff, King Dedede, Red, Kirby, Bowser and Wario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom