• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If the characters are well balanced, there would be no tiers.

I hope they add Daisy. But I don't want her if she would be a clone of Peach.

There still would be tiers even if the characters are balanced.

It's just that the potential of winning isn't huge for all characters

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
There still would be tiers even if the characters are balanced.

It's just that the potential of winning isn't huge for all characters
If all characters had a 50% average in wins against all characters, there would be no tiers.

This is what I want in the stage editor:
1. More backgrounds
2. More options of stuff to put
3. No limit.
4. Different colors for each stage part.

That's impossible.

In all fighting games, balancing characters is a hard thing to do (It's impossible).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If the characters are well balanced, there would be no tiers.

I hope they add Daisy. But I don't want her if she would be a clone of Peach.
Daisy isn't likely too happen, she isn't heavily demanded as a character and doesn't really play a prominent role as Toad or Paper Mario.

:phone:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@berserker
that wasn't for you, you ninja'd me

but even in fighting games where there is no official community you can ind a tier list somewhere

Oh. My bad disfunctional.

If there would be a balanced tier list, the match ups would most likely be from 60:40 - 40:60 but the chances depend on sakurai.

There's gonna be a tier list.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's actually going to be really exciting, learning who moves up and down. Especially who gets to be the very bottom.

I mean, someone is going to end up being the worst! WHO WILL IT BE?!

I thought it was pretty funny when Captain Falcon ended up being the first character at the very bottom for Brawl's tier list. In a way... that just made him even MORE epic.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Oh. My bad dysfunctional.

If there would be a balanced tier list, the match ups would most likely be from 60:40 - 40:60 but the chances depend on sakurai.

There's gonna be a tier list.
fix'd and i agree.

Toon Link was balanced most of his matchups are 6-4/4-6 or 7-3/3-7... or maybe he's just that bad =\

@ssbf

do i have to vote on the cgaracters to nominate someone?
if i do pikachu-100% and ray 33.3% i would explain but tbh i don't want too.
i predict lucario will be around 42% and geno around 25%

Toon Link x5
Bomberman x5
please =]

Most of Snake' match ups range from 85:25 to 45:55.

Meta Knight ranges from 90:10 to 55:45 or 50:50 Lol.

Toon Link isn't bad. Kirby has match ups ranging from 30:70 to 60:40 too you know.

Match ups. It's in almost all the character boards. Match ups determine which character has the advantage.

502 bad gateway -_-

D

Deleted member

Would anyone here be happy with this Pokemon roster?

Pikachu (Main mascot)
Jigglypuff (Stays due to being part of the original twelve)
Red/Ethan (1st/2nd Pokemon Trainer, don't care which one gets in, although prefer Red since I would not like the team to waste time)
Lucario (4th Gen Pokemon)
Victini (Legendary 5th Gen Pokemon)

I am very worried that unless we get something like this, we will end up with only four slots with Lucario removed and Zoroark taking the last place, and honesty, considering that I don't see Zoroark as an very interesting character, I would be very disappointed. This is yet another reason why I am against Zoroark's inclusion; he screams unnecessary replacement for Lucario. Having Victini in would remove the need of dropping Lucario and would be much more unique; not to mention, 1st, 4th, 5th, and possibly 2nd gen would be represented, plus that we get a legendary Pokemon as a playable character, giving us more variety. Hopefully, Sakurai will choose what is best for the Pokemon roster and go with the one that would make the best five Pokemon slot roster. Considering that we will probably get five horizontal rows in SSB4, Pokemon along with Mario are due for a fifth rep.

@berserker01: Could you make a completely unique move set for Samurai Goroh? I want you to make a character who I consider would make a bland addition (Not really in support of him anymore, although not against him either) and try to see whenever or not you can make him something he may be fun to play with. After Takamaru came into the picture, I see no reason to actively support Goroh now.
@ssbf

do i have to vote on the cgaracters to nominate someone?
if i do pikachu-100% and ray 33.3% i would explain but tbh i don't want too.
i predict lucario will be around 42% and geno around 25%

Toon Link x5
Bomberman x5
please =]
I will count these predictions and nominations, under the condition you post them in the Rate Their Chances blog. I will not accept them here.

What do you mean by the question? Do you mean that you have to vote based on likeliness and/or predict the score of the On Deck candidates? You don't have to do that, although that is recommended.

[] Goroh
[] Ray
[] Ridley

I can't do it today but I can do the movesets (All of them) by Friday. It's my tests this week so I'm not gonna be as active.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@omega

What berserker said. Iirc its a matchup thread stickied in every character sub forum. i havent been there in a while because the only board i really visited was Tink and that board isn't the same anymore =(

@ssbf

Yea that's what i meant

Same here. My old friends in the Snake boards are inactive and the Snake boards isn't the same.

I didn't notice SSBF's sig but you removed Jr.!?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Would anyone here be happy with this Pokemon roster?

Pikachu (Main mascot)
Jigglypuff (Stays due to being part of the original twelve)
Red/Ethan (1st/2nd Pokemon Trainer, don't care which one gets in, although prefer Red since I would not like the team to waste time)
Lucario (4th Gen Pokemon)
Victini (Legendary 5th Gen Pokemon)
Well let me tell you what I think of each:

Pikachu: Obviously the main mascot and the face of Pokemon, he's in!!

Jigglypuff: Definetly will be considered since she's part of the original 12, but I have my doubts because of her nearly being axed in Brawl.

Pokemon Trainer: I definetly see him coming back, was very unique in style, I honestly don't care if a newer trainer were to replace him.

Lucario: Due to Ziroark being the latest Dark/Psychic Pokemon like Mewtwo before him, I think his chances are at a big risk, Sakurai may simply want to add Zoroark instead.

Victini: Seeing as Victini is going to have an upcoming movie, her exposure will definetly rise up, what does it mean? It means Sakurai will most likely be looking at the latest Pokemon that had a recent movie and since SSB4 development starts in October, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Victini was considered over Zoroark.

Basically I thing with Victini getting a movie soon that will get it exposure and possibly popularity, it may affect Zoroark who already had his movie a while back, personally I'd like to see either Meowth or Genesect take Lucario's place.

:phone:

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Hmmm.....Im going to go watch Dead Leaves in a minute............So whats up with the SSBU expectations?Brawl was made in 2008.Its 2011 now.The new Smash Bros will be great because of gaming technology improvement,so why are you guys sweating it?

Oh wait,I know.Each of you are hoping for your favorite third part,old,or retro character to make it into SsbU.Well you're **** outa luck because fans don't decide who gets in this new game,the Developers do.Only thing you can do is influence their ideas,and thats it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
On the Pokemon selection:

I kind of wish the series could be represented with:
Pikachu (mascot)
Pokemon Trainer (Starters, Fire>Grass>Water, ...and just the Pokemon Trainer himself are all important aspects of the series that are represented perfectly with this one character)
Mewtwo (Probably just me, but I think the idea of a legendary Pokemon in Smash is important, since they're kind of a big deal in the games, and Mewtwo would be the best choice for this role)
Zoroark/Newest Pokemon (There should be one Pokemon to represent the newest generation at the time)

I don't mind Jigglypuff, but I have to admit it's kind of a... remnant at this point. Doesn't represent anything in the series. It's important to keep around only because it is so unique. I'm kind of against a series having more than four slots. :V

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
lol i went to the Tink boards around new years and didnt recognize anyone on the superlative list. My old group as a whole officaly died with the sad and untimely death of Zange chan. 1/20/10 R.I.P

on topic: i like that pokemon roster ssbf, especially because victini is in before zoroark, but with that being said i would want zoroark to take lucario's place in that roster. It's not that i dont like lucario or think that he should be out because his relvance is fading but i want to see what zoroark offers. I feel the same way about this as i do with Toon link being replaced with another incarnation

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Smash bros. is MAINLY a fan service.

The sole purpose is to please their fans.
See,thats where you wrong.Its a game where Nintendo-Allstars battle it out,not a game where some people,WHO HAVE NO CONTROLL OF SMASH BROS ROSTER, decide who gets to join or who gets cut.

Heres a disturbing fact: 70% of My little Pony fans are boys.

@Chris: Once again you are wrong.

How is it that Peach and Bowser got in? Because of the fans. How is it that Dedede got in? Fans. How is it that wario got in? Fans. How is it that Ike got in? Fans.

It's not entirely for the fans but most of it is. The reason why mylittleponies can't get in because they have nothing to do with nintendo's history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom