• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
@Chris: Once again you are wrong.

How is it that Peach and Bowser got in? Because of the fans. How is it that Dedede got in? Fans. How is it that wario got in? Fans. How is it that Ike got in? Fans.

It's not entirely for the fans but most of it is. The reason why mylittleponies can't get in because they have nothing to do with nintendo's history.
NO!YOU'RE WRONG YET AGAIN!They got in because Sakurai wanted to hear who they wanted in..........oh,I saw what you did there.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Who cares what Sakurai chooses to do, as long as he listens to the fans, more specifically I hope he listened and took a worldwide approach for opinions rather than just looking at the Japan market.

:phone:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I hope the person making the game at least tries to balance the characters. And if the characters can't be perfectly balanced, I at least don't want him making any characters as good at MK or as bad as Ganondorf or Jigglypuff.

One more thing.

I know SSB is mainly a fan service but Sakurai's interest is part of the criteria

Sakurai's interest >>> Unique >> Popularity

However, Sakurai still listens to the fans either way. That doesn't make popularity unimportant though.

Chris the Ripper

See!

They went in because Sakurai found out lots of people want them in.
OBJECTION!!!!!
Sakurai could have easily created his polls on alterer motives.He could have based his polls on characters he wanted in,and only using the votes of the fans to reinforce his decision so the development team couldn't argue.
Case Closed,I win.

OmegaXXII

Basically what I want out of Smash concerning balancing is:

•Ganondorf have a unique moveset, no **** up heavyness like in Brawl.

•No High Tier MetaKnight, newbies would spam him solely from knowing
this

•Snake needs to be nerfed a bit, no need to overpower him, the same with Ike.

•More Hitstun, this bothered me somewhat after playing Brawl.

•More advanced techniques, Sakurai needs to realize that Smash is a competitive game, no need to appeal casuals only, casuals would also enjoy it like Melee regardless.

NO TRIPPING!!!! it was the most disturbing mechnic around, thus Project M was created.

Also...

8K FTW!!!

You don't know that Chris. Don't act like you know everything.

If you noticed in the brawl poll, he put almost all the nintendo characters (A lot including the minor ones) and he checks which character had the most votes. That's how Ike and the others got in

I will not deny that the developers are part of the people to decide who wants what character to get in but you can't deny the fact that the fans are also one of the people to decide who character gets in.

The fact that you said "Could have" means you don't know.

Chris the Ripper

Actually,unless you go interview Sakurai about why he really wanted to do polls,either of us could be right. Now off to Dead Leaves!!The most weird anime ever.

Whatever.

What's Dead Leaves btw? Is it nice despite it being weird?

Snake needs to be overpowered dog. Make his U-tilt and F-tilt have broken range and make him have the ability to do DACFT (Dash attack cancel Forward tilt)

By the way, Chris. You're getting better man in debating. Keep it up. All you need to do is remove the habit of putting pictures then you're (Semi) one of us

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Should it be repeated that this "Brawl poll" thing is kind of a huge misconception? :I
Like, Ridley didn't get 4 "votes." He (supposedly) got 4 "mentions" from off-hand (???) comments on Sakurai's journal discussing the results. The results of which are, and probably always will be, unknown.

So people arguing with those are probably doing so with something pretty flimsy. :I

I THINK STARPHOENIX OR FATMANONICE POINTED THAT OUT...

OmegaXXII

berserker01 said:
Snake needs to be overpowered dog. Make his U-tilt and F-tilt have broken range and make him have the ability to do DACFT (Dash attack cancel Forward tilt)
DACFT would be useful on him, but I hated the fact that he was powerful when I was playing against him, but yea broken U- Tilt would work wonders on him.

Either way, all of those characters were suggested by fans. Sakurai still needs to be interested in the character to make them a fighter (I said that a hundred of times)

Make his f-smash pop out at the first frame. Lol

I don't know. The only broken characters I know are MK and Not Snake Snake. The others are fine. There are some characters who need some serious buffing like Ganondorf

OmegaXXII

Ganondorf was a dissapointment, he was slow and nerfed as ****, he was horrible, hopefully Sora will significantly fix his issues along with a possible new set of moves.

I think these are the following moves he should keep:
Down air
Murder choke (Forward B)
Forward air

I want his neutral B to be the magic shot from Zelda: OoT, downward B to be dark flame and upward b... Fly or Ganon flight since he can fly in OoT

That's not a reason to replace Peach. Peach is more important than Daisy to the series. Daisy is extremely minor to the series and she only appeared in the spin-offs. That's all. That goes for Waluigi. Plus, replacing Peach is like replacing Zelda with Midna or someone.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If that's how characters were considered, then the whole roster would be replaced with, I dunno... Marth.

Marth is not the only pretty one in this game.

Ike is the Cloud of the game without the HUGE fanbase.

Snake has the beard.

Marth worships his hair.

Link worshiped his hair in melee but he's still a a hero gay elf

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yes, let's have a debate about which character is prettiest. I'm sure this thread needs that.

Welcome to Super Smash Beauty Pageant.

Ike and Snake would clearly fall under the "manly" category. Not quite the same as pretty. I actually forgot all about Link's weird Melee taunt.

OmegaXXII

Yes, let's have a debate about which character is prettiest. I'm sure this thread needs that.

Welcome to Super Smash Beauty Pageant.

Ike and Snake would clearly fall under the "manly" category. Not quite the same as pretty. I actually forgot all about Link's weird Melee taunt.
Clearly ZSS would win this! :p

If they do end up doing Zelda from Skyward Sword I wonder how Sheik will look? Also we need to see Meta Ridley as a FS.

Zero suit Samus for the win. Peach is too fat (She's seven heavier than Marth). Zelda for 2nd place.

Snake and Ike fall under the manly category. Marth is one of the gays ladies along with Link gay elf.

The ugliest being is obviously Olimar

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Clearly ZSS would win this! :p

If they do end up doing Zelda from Skyward Sword I wonder how Sheik will look? Also we need to see Meta Ridley as a FS.

Yo Omega this thought just hit me.....What about making Micaiah playable and let her have Black Knight as her Final Smash because as you remember in-game he always came to help her.....

OmegaXXII

Yo Omega this thought just hit me.....What about making Micaiah playable and let her have Black Knight as her Final Smash because as you remember in-game he always came to help her.....
Hmm... I haven't though of that, but how would that work, tag team assistance?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Hmm... I haven't though of that, but how would that work, tag team assistance?

No, I always thought that Black Knight was always portrayed as a very powerful character and he always had his stats maxed in game....and he always came to help Micaiah when she's in the gravest need....once she acquire the Smash Ball she will call the black Knight then the Black Knight will teleport inside the stage and she will go on the background...and than than you can control the insanely powerful Black Knight but he is a bit Slow but 2 hits at most from Black Knight can fly any character away and he is invincible.

OmegaXXII

So you're suggesting that the Black Knight would have an effect such as Giga Bowser's? Well I'd say it's a very good suggestion in case he doesn't make it, plus we would be get a female rep as well, now Macaiah would win that pageant :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
...Here we go again

If all characters had a 50% average in wins against all characters, there would be no tiers.
This statement is bad and you should feel bad for saying it. There will never be a game like this even games with 5 characters will never be like this. Stop.

I wouldn't mind if they took an extra year to make sure there are no tiers.
LOL, refer to above post.

ololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Smooth Criminal
:awesome:

Tier suck, it's overrated IMO, balance however is important in aspects to play.

Tiers should show the games' balancing, tiers are always changing with the metagame, how the game is being played. :glare: Not you too Omega.

Where are you gettings all those numbers from? Sorry I'm not that technical.

Players from both characters boards discuss the match-up and come to a conclusion. It's really simple to understand once you read it once. You don't have to be smart either, it's just a ratio of out 100 games or break it into 10 for a ratio of something like 4:6

Match ups. It's in almost all the character boards. Match ups determine which character has the advantage.

502 bad gateway -_-
This, but gateway da bess.

See,thats where you wrong.Its a game where Nintendo-Allstars battle it out,not a game where some people,WHO HAVE NO CONTROLL OF SMASH BROS ROSTER, decide who gets to join or who gets cut.
Wait, my boy is making some sense now? Now this should more interesting to attack. Hey say, on the pokemon situation, there are so many pokemon to choose from, you don't think the fans had a say? :bee:

@Chris: Once again you are wrong.

How is it that Peach and Bowser got in? Because of the fans. How is it that Dedede got in? Fans. How is it that wario got in? Fans. How is it that Ike got in? Fans.

It's not entirely for the fans but most of it is. The reason why mylittleponies can't get in because they have nothing to do with nintendo's history.
Why did you forget the number one fanservice, Sonic?

NO!YOU'RE WRONG YET AGAIN!They got in because Sakurai wanted to hear who they wanted in..........oh,I saw what you did there.
No. LOL,

See!

They went in because Sakurai found out lots of people want them in.
SAWWWWLNEEK

OBJECTION!!!!!
Sakurai could have easily created his polls on alterer motives.He could have based his polls on characters he wanted in,and only using the votes of the fans to reinforce his decision so the development team couldn't argue.
Case Closed,I win.

holding a poll that could possibly go against your thoughts is something stupid to do when you were going to add them anyways. Extra work for no reason.

We need to have less broken character as well, who do you think would mostly benifit from it?

No one was broken in brawl, besides MK. Everyone else is fine but some characters are just really bad like Link, Zelda, and Ganon.

I don't know. The only broken characters I know are MK and Not Snake Snake. The others are fine. There are some characters who need some serious buffing like Ganondorf
No not Snake.

I want Daisy to replace Peach. Daisy is prettier.
No. I think this image my friend made for me fits perfectly.

COME AT ME SON

And... My prediction was damn right.

Oh, I forgot our blue hedgehog. Lol my bad. It should have been shorter if I said that.

And, I actually said Snake is not broken (He sucks compared to the high tiers lol). I crossed it out since there were people here who think Snake was broken.

You guys should use this image in some situations:

Anyway guys, what's your opinion about dur following:
1.) Hyper meter
2.) Hyper attacks
3.) Assists
4.) Air dashing

... in smash?

This is sounding a lot like Marvel vs Capcom 3.

OmegaXXII

Yea me and KumaOso were talking about it, and he suggested something similar, basically Super Smash and a Final Smash, maybe with animations and such of course with a switch and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom