• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I'm glad snake and sonic won't be coming back. :) and I hope Brawl doesn't either.
How can you be so sure of what speaks? until the DOJO pass informaion, all that we talk is just rumors! Snake and Sonic are great, and if they leave, do not believe other characters third come!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
You have a point there, but what I was referring to is Ganon was horribly nerfed in Brawl, no way that he needed to be that way, but I don't mind him being slow if you put it that way, as it would create an imbalance, I just think he could have been better than he turned out to be.

:phone:
This is undoubtedly true!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
...speed won't solve. Anything. See brawl - everyone is fast and before you say make them stronger they are also stronger in melee. If it was that simple...lol idk we wouldn't have this problem in the first place. Stop trying to expext everyone to be on an even playing field. Rather try to get as close to it as you can.

You guys are getting unrealistic now.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
http://twitter.com/#!/Sora_Sakurai

He better do smash right this time! >: (
****ing Japanese and their crazy genes. Sakurai still looks like he's 16.

Anyways, methinks the proper way to make a Smash game in your definition is a Smash game with Fox, Sheik, and Marth, Final Destination and Melee physics. Let's hope he DOESN'T do Smash right then.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
****ing Japanese and their crazy genes. Sakurai still looks like he's 16.

Anyways, methinks the proper way to make a Smash game in your definition is a Smash game with Fox, Sheik, and Marth, Final Destination and Melee physics. Let's hope he DOESN'T do Smash right then.

OMFG why do brawlies think that Melee players play only in FD? -.- Sir Smash Brothers was always technical before Brawl came out. the N64 Smash was just as technical as Melee. Brawl is simple and doesn't require technique. :/

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
I really hope it isn't like that :( that was horrible stuff man. Did you see him trip? D:
I pray for a remake of smash brothers Melee or a game with same physics as melee as well as techniques.
A remake of what... 8 year old game? That still looks perfectly great unless you're playing on HD tv?

I got to say I'm surprised how many posts I've sent compared to my original thoughts. On the other hand I got to say I'm dissapointed because I thought this place would refreshing change compared to nearly all other game forums full of elitism, dwelling in past and other such things. I thought everyone would think every SSB so far is great even though there might be a couple of things to improve but afterall this is very much the same than Bioware or Bethesda forums with all the complainers. I guess all the more casually approaching people just don't spend time at forums. :glare:

Lets go crazy people and then let Sakurai and the rest decide what's good.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
A remake of what... 8 year old game? That still looks perfectly great unless you're playing on HD tv?

I got to say I'm surprised how many posts I've sent compared to my original thoughts. On the other hand I got to say I'm dissapointed because I thought this place would refreshing change compared to nearly all other game forums full of elitism, dwelling in past and other such things. I thought everyone would think every SSB so far is great even though there might be a couple of things to improve but afterall this is very much the same than Bioware or Bethesda forums with all the complainers. I guess all the more casually approaching people just don't spend time at forums. :glare:

Lets go crazy people and then let Sakurai and the rest decide what's good.
Its best to make a remake of melee in HD than have another brawl like game :/ aren't I correct?

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Why does Sakurai talk about LA Noire and Infamous 2? shouldn't he be working on Smash Brothers by now? -.-

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If you mean by Sakurai screwing up and ****** up the game, then by all means NO, if it gets to a level were everybody is horrible and the mechanics are unbearable than why bother with it, the competative scene isn't, casuals on the other hand really don't care but even casuals can spot it if it were to be so horrible.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Okay let's stop this ******** argument right.

Melee takes more tech skill. Brawl takes better reading.

If you do both you're amazing.,

Everyone shut up

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Its best to make a remake of melee in HD than have another brawl like game :/ aren't I correct?
You realize that you're ****ing psychotic right? I don't mean to be a ****, but you're the ONLY one who doesn't give a single **** about new characters, stages, songs, etc. Stop pretending like everyone's biggest wish is to have melee 2.0 or a game where the only addition is more autistic **** to memorize. And I loved melee and I knew the AT's, but all you care about is how difficult the game is to master just so you can feel good about yourself or something. Many people here legitimately care about Smash as a franchise, not a Melee series and not a vessel for Street Fighter style hardcoreness. I wouldn't hate if he brought back melee physics but he's already said he didn't like that and it does really make the game more about who can yard out more. So all you're gonna say is "lol brawlie" and that's fine, but just don't pretend everyone here is on the same page, especially your page.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
LMFAO Oh well Sakurai is going crazy We should all volunteer to join Sakurai's team and make a good smash brothers THIS TIME!!!!

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
You realize that you're ****ing psychotic right? I don't mean to be a ****, but you're the ONLY one who doesn't give a single **** about new characters, stages, songs, etc. Stop pretending like everyone's biggest wish is to have melee 2.0 or a game where the only addition is more autistic **** to memorize. And I loved melee and I knew the AT's, but all you care about is how difficult the game is to master just so you can feel good about yourself or something. Many people here legiinately care about Smash as a franchise, not a Melee series and not a vessel for Street Fighter style hardcoreness. I wouldn't hate if he brought back melee physics but he's already said he didn't like that and it does really make the game more about who can yard out more. So all you're gonna say is "lol brawlie" and that's fine, but just don't pretend everyone ere is on the same page, especially your page.

I might be Psychotic but thats Brawls fault man...

Anyways how is it hard to pull of ATs? i take smash brothers as a sport. A Passion. Not some childs' game. I've been playing melee for 10 years now and i haven't stopped. Yes I play Street Fighter too its very competitive and hard to go to high levels. Melee was something different from any fighter though. It was something amazing. Brawl is a child's game its a party game. But IMHO Mario Party is better than brawl :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why does Sakurai talk about LA Noire and Infamous 2? shouldn't he be working on Smash Brothers by now? -.-
"Why does Sakurai have a life outside of making games for me?! Preposterous!"

Ungrateful much? :/

Anyway, since you're bound to hate Sm4sh for silly reasons, stop worrying because it's going to come out and be hacked soon enough.

OmegaXXII

This thread has SERIOUSLY gone downhill in the past week. Not that it was that great in the first place... but it's definitely gotten worse.

But yea, we need an e3 trailer to roll around, otherwise expect this stupidity to keep coming for a while.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think at E3 of next year we will have something!
Hmmm, that'd be about 8 months of development time? I guess they should be able to put together a trailer by then...?

Considering the dwindling number of recognizable names they could reveal in a trailer, I hope they will show Ridley. O3O

*dreams*

...I'd imagine Little Mac would be revealed too.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Hmmm, that'd be about 8 months of development time? I guess they should be able to put together a trailer by then...?

Considering the dwindling number of recognizable names they could reveal in a trailer, I hope they will show Ridley. O3O

*dreams*

...I'd imagine Little Mac would be revealed too.
Matthew is one of the first (I think)

OmegaXXII

With the withdrawal of k. Rool in DKCR, what do you think about your chances? I think he has 60% chance
Well, I'd say his chances are quite good, maybe just as good as Dixie's though we can't say for certain what Sakurai thinks since he was interested in the idea of having a Diddy/Dixie tag, he may want to bring the idea back, however it doesn't mean that K.Rool isn't out of the picture yet, Nintendo clearly hasn't forgotten about him since he made an appearance in Strikers, though the only thing that worried me is that he didn't make as much as even a cameo in DKC:Returns, though I believe popularity and demand will help and influence Sakurai regardless of relavence.

So in short, yea he has chance, but not as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom