• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You didn't know about that august=???

We were totally chatting about that Nintendo co-owns Fatal Frame like a few days ago on here!!! :laugh:

Although I'm not sure if Fatal Frame is'2nd/3rd party. :ohwell:

If Fatal Frame is a 2nd party franchise though, I wouldn't expect much from said franchise in terms of content in smash. Maybe stickers, trophies, and whatnot, if even that.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well, now i know... on my own... thanks for that, by the way... so glad you held on to that so i could feel the joy of discovery.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Judging by SSE, I don't think we need to worry about a drop in story quality... I'm pretty sure ot is impossible to be worse than SSE.

:phone:
I enjoyed the premise of sse but it was far too long with no replay value from what ive seen as for scv the story left alot to be desired but gameplay made up for it

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Subspace just generally suffered from tedious game play. In my opinion it should of been shorter or at least have more variety with game play to keep things relatively fresh. Although unlocking most of the characters was kind of generous.

Who knows, maybe single player might be a tad better this time around.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
funnily enough, SSE and Weapon Master from SC2 had the same design: you played through the mode to get all the hidden characters except for 3, which you get on a second playthrough.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
So glad that Namco Bandai games have good online for fighting games, and that we are likely to see rankings. By far the think I complain about the most. :D Love these Nintendo Directs, keep them coming.

The Animal Crossing (I think I saw the kanji for forest?) game looks great as well, seems they are giving some real growth to it (no pun intended), which is seriously needed..

Edit: Did you just say the last level was good? As in NOT bad? GOOD? NOT BAD? GOOOOD?!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would be really happy if they included some Fatal Frame content, even just a trophy or two, at least more than just a mention in the chronicle (if that thing returns), but somehow I have a feeling we won't get anything. Or if we do, it'll be from Spirit Camera instead of one of the Fatal Frames. :ohwell:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time Nintendo has acquired an existing IP that they did not originally own any of? Do they own any of Baten Kaitos, because that would be the only other possible one I can think of?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Online in fighting games has always been a joke to me. Like I thought the point is the interaction/hype you get fighting the person next to you and that just completely goes away when you take it online. It absolutely removes any aspect of community and personality from playing the game.

Not to mention the impossibility of having 0 lag.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Edit: Did you just say the last level was good? As in NOT bad? GOOD? NOT BAD? GOOOOD?!
In my opinion the last level should of been the story mode by itself, then it would of been more tolerable. But of course that never happened and we all had to waste our time playing stage after stage of fighting the generic grunts.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Online in fighting games has always been a joke to me. Like I thought the point is the interaction/hype you get fighting the person next to you and that just completely goes away when you take it online. It absolutely removes any aspect of community and personality from playing the game.

Not to mention the impossibility of having 0 lag.
Welcome to modern gaming.

Smooth Criminal

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Playing online, and with rankings, gives you a great way to increase your skill at any time you want and puts you out there to fight people your level. The point isn't the hype and interaction, you do as you say and go play with your buddies and in tournaments to get that, but those don't give you the same benefits as online.

Now we can get the best of both worlds.

@Habanero, that is a pretty decent idea. I'd take that or either having cut some of that level or changed the way it worked.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
In my opinion the last level should of been the story mode by itself, then it would of been more tolerable. But of course that never happened and we all had to waste our time playing stage after stage of fighting the generic grunts.
Pretty much this. The Great Maze is the only good level in the SSE (The mountain climb wasn't super terrible though). If it weren't for the fact that the other levels were used in its creation, I don't see how there are any real problems with it. It just was a detachment from the rest of the story that doesn't fit with it; it doesn't make it quantifiably bad.

Welcome to modern gaming.

Smooth Criminal
I knew it was you posting, because I saw your name above the post. Saying your username at the end of the post is redundant.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's always done that since he joined, or at least since I've been on this site

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The signature is there actually to put whatever you want, generally video game stuff. Either way, it doesn't really matter what he does.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
With the relationship between nintendo and ubisoft ill be suprised if Rayman isn't in the game. As for the great maze I thought it was okay it felt alot like classic mode which is one reasons i didn't like it to much.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, with DLC we now have hope for more characters after launch.

Let's see if Nintendo is willing to do something like that

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anyone remember how desperate everyone was for dlc after brawl was released?

Also, since namco is involved, patches me be released for the game. I'm hopeful this smash will be the best so far.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
As long as its not payed DLC, I might be okay with this. Though I think the "DLC" might come from the Wii U's NFC feature. Hypothetically limited edition or rare figurines would give you new characters or stages, while the more generic ones will earn you a trophy, stickers, or music.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Anyone remember how desperate everyone was for dlc after brawl was released?

Also, since namco is involved, patches me be released for the game. I'm hopeful this smash will be the best so far.

It worries me that Namco gets off the project once the game reaches stores, lowering the chances of DLC by a lot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As long as its not payed DLC, I might be okay with this. Though I think the "DLC" might come from the Wii U's NFC feature. Hypothetically limited edition or rare figurines would give you new characters or stages, while the more generic ones will earn you a trophy, stickers, or music.
Nintendo has already shown planned DLC and talked about it being "bought"

I assume they ARE planning on paid DLC

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo has never loved dlc too so we can expect a great amout of content also roster 1seems alot more realistic with a few exceptions

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Which would you prefer? Why?
Although Isaac is my most wanted character, I prefer Roster 1, because of Mewtwo, Roy, Krystal, and Takamaru.

I'd be fine if the Roster 2 exclusives were in Smash, but personally I prefer the Roster 1 exclusives overall.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Which would you prefer? Why?

[COLLAPSE=Roster 1]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE=Roster 2]

[/COLLAPSE]
My main beef with both of them is that there is too many third party characters. This is a Nintendo crossover for a reason.

But if I had to choose, I'd probably be the 2nd one arguably. Because Krystal sucks and Starfy is a pretty cool guy. But aside from that, I'm pretty indifferent for both rosters.
(I would mention Mewtwo or Medusa not coming in, but I don't want to tick off that Shorty fellow yet again.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Though it pains me to leave Ghirahim, Isaac, Starfy and Krom, I like Roster 1 more. No cuts is what I like best, and that roster had none, plus gave back Mewtwo and Roy. So...Roster 1.

Also, +54 Smash Awesomeness Credits for having Muddy Mole on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom