• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I can expect Sonic to return.

Snake, however... He's been rumored to appear in PlayStation Battle Royale, so I'm sure Sony will somehow make a contract that will probably prevent him being in SSB4...

There's always Simon, though. :D (And in my opinion, much more fitting).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo's gonna allow for more customizable music on more games, to catch up with the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC in order to make their consoles more appealing.

@ Falchion
Meah, I still think there is little chances for Sonic being cut, because of his history AGAINST Nintendo. That and him being the anti-Mario.

@ Star
It would be pretty easy for Namco Bandai to add one of their characters (Pac-Man), since they know how to make 'em quickly, effectively, and great. ;)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Much as I love the blue dude with a 'tude, I wish we could get other SEGA characters in the game, too (you know like, Joe Musashi from Shinobi or Axel Stone from Streets of Rage)

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wouldn't say guaranteed, but I do think that Pac-Man is a near shoe-in. Remember, I've been riding the Pac-Man hype train forever; I'm clinging onto this because Namco Bandai's confirmation to be the primary developer of Smash WiiU and 3DS MAKES ME LOOK SMART and I WANT TO LOOK SMARTER!!! :awesome:
Snake, however... He's been rumored to appear in PlayStation Battle Royale, so I'm sure Sony will somehow make a contract that will probably prevent him being in SSB4...
If you think that appearing in PlayStation All-Stars effects his chances (if Snake is indeed playable), either you got to be fooling yourself, or Nintendo has got to be fooling themselves. Because quite frankly, if Nintendo considers that piece of trash a rival series to smash bros., then Smash WiiU and 3DS are gonna be garbage.

Smash Bros. and PlayStation All-Stars should not be compared. Brawl's tripping is better than anything in PlayStation All-Stars; that's how bad (I think) that PSASBR is! :rotfl:

Oh, and when I say garbage, I mean garbage to the level to where SmashBoards bans people for mentioning those games! :laugh: Like we're denying its' awful existence garbage! :chuckle:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't say guaranteed, but I do think that Pac-Man is a near shoe-in. Remember, I've been riding the Pac-Man hype train forever; I'm clinging onto this because Namco Bandai's confirmation to be the primary developer of Smash WiiU and 3DS MAKES ME LOOK SMART and I WANT TO LOOK SMARTER!!! :awesome:
Yeah, do that.

Back to Pokémon music. Kyurem has an epic, epic Pokémon battle theme. I used to think Giratina was a villain, but man. Whomever came up with that Kyurem Adventure Mode boss idea might have been onto something.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't think that Sony Smash Bros looks that bad, it just looks kinda... cheap to me. Like, it seems like one of those downloadable games you would buy off of PSN or something

I refuse to call it by its real name, BTW. PSASBR is a mouthful, let alone the actual name lol

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Once I am right Star, you will BOW TO MY LOGICS!!! AND EAT ALL OF MY WAKKA WAKKASSS!!!

Also, the Pac-Man ghosts would make humorous enemies.

However, I do agree that Kyurem would make an awesome boss.

@ Metal Overlord
PSASBR is a long abbreviation, and is further proof that that garbage is trash. I think that Cartoon Network fighting game is probably a thousand times better than it! :chuckle:

Anyways, does anyone else think all of the Brawl bosses should return=??? (at least the non-original bosses) Petey Piranha, Porky, Rayquaza, Tabuu, etc.=???

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Well fingers crossed that ssb4 will get rid of all the casual babby crap brawl did wrong with smash. Considering sakurai is only original smash team member now (as far as I know) involved we got a chance for it to be good. Maybe the namcobandai team will have twitters open where people can influence them.

Course...we have a equal chance that it'll end up "SUPERIOR RIMB BASED COMBATU!" :smirk:

I hope to god namco doesn't look at sony smash bros for creation hints, worse things have happened...

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Porky should be playable. He is the one of the most important characters in the SERIES.

But 3 Mother characters, if they keep both Ness and Lucas. Would be too much.

Also Anyone want to see Django in the game if Konami is in it.

He would be cool right guys?

Django?

Guys?

Anyone.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
SHEER WILLPOWER.

Alternatively it could be clockbased like in his DS game, and Smashville.

Although that would make him a gimmick.

Not that Django would really appear in the game at all. Would be interesting tho.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I had a little bit of fun toying with the idea, but the truth of the matter is that Namco-Bandai being involved with Super Smash Bros does not make it any more likely for Pacman, Lloyd, KOS-MOS, Jin, or any other character to make a guest appearance. Game Arts (and a couple other third party companies) helped develop Brawl, and nothing came of their collaboration. I think people need to reign in their expectations. Yes, Namco taking such a key role in helping Sakurai and Project Sora develop the game is exciting and surprising, but lets keep things in perspective.
Just like I said last night, just with less details...

Yeah, do that.

Back to Pokémon music. Kyurem has an epic, epic Pokémon battle theme. I used to think Giratina was a villain, but man. Whomever came up with that Kyurem Adventure Mode boss idea might have been onto something.
**** That's definitely a villain like theme. Is it just me, but I hear a bit of the Ace Attorney Objection Theme in it? lol

Also it was Mario_Sonic who had the idea.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Namco will help with the clone characters such Ganon ,Falco etc you know making them more diverse in combat and what not

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I guess someone Tweeted Sakurai expressing their disappointment with Sakurai allowing Namco-Bandai to work on them. They got this in response:

"Knock off looking down on them with narrow-minded thinking."

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Stratergize :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me and Omega used to always talk about the possibility of a Robotnik/Wily team up for Adventure Mode

Falco is already decloned enough, just give him an Arwing for a FS this time and he'll be all set

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Star
Sakurai's response made me chuckle. Also, anyone else find it odd that the people behind Tekken were complimentary towards smash bros' audience, and now they're working on smash bros=??? I don't think they're just trying to attract fighting games fans to smash, but(their) fighting games to smash bros. fans (other than smash bros).

@ Star
Robotnik and Wily teaming would be perfect. Also, Bowser and Ridley! :shades:
Do you think Namco will help with the clone characters such Ganon ,Falco etc you know making them more diverse in combat and what not
Honestly, I think making previously playable semi-clone characters' movesets original isn't their #1 priority with veterans. I think making garbage veterans (Bowser, Zelda, Ness Yoshi to an extent, Link to an extent) is the #1 issue.

For Falco, he has been great in both Melee and Brawl. Ganondorf was about average in Melee, and in Brawl was utter trash. Ganondorf will probably get a few new moves, and hopefully some remnants of his Melee playstyle back. Because everything Brawl-related with Ganondorf was awful. He was probably made by whoever made Mewtwo in Melee! :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I guess someone Tweeted Sakurai expressing their disappointment with Sakurai allowing Namco-Bandai to work on them. They got this in response:
That's hilarious, and is also the first negative reaction I've seen towards the idea of NB working with Sakurai.

BTW, you said the other day that you thought Hal working on the game would be the best way to approach Smash 4, what do think think now?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Star didn't suggest that team up, lol John that was me :laugh:

Lol, I saw that Sakurai tweet earlier today, I forgot to mention it, though. I laffed to say the least

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Triple Dash
If that's aimed at me, I still believe that HAL Laboratories focusing most or all of their efforts on smash makes sense. The more studios working on smash, the better, especially since HAL Laboratories laid down the foundation of smash, and know it better than any other company. HAL Laboratories Namco Bandai working together on smash bros. truly would be a beautiful thing, and a dream scenario! Let's hope after this forthcoming Kirby collection game HAL Laboratories goes all out and joins the development of Smash 4/5!

I wouldn't mind Creo, Monolith Soft, and Game Arts returning, either, as those studios proved that they can do a lot of good (with some direction, of course). That is assuming they are leading in character design; because quite frankly, I think they did a poor job on balancing (on old characters; Fox feels unFox-like, Ganon, Link, Zelda, Samus, etc. are trash), and making several newcomers' movesets (I felt Pit's was terrible, Sonic's shows potential without reaching it, and the Pokémon Trainer wasn't fully executed). Still, they did a great job on characters like Wolf, Ton Link, Zero Suit Samus, and Captain Olimar. You gotta give credit where credit is due! :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So is anyone besides me big on the idea of Samus' Down B becoming morph ball mode or turning Sonic's Down B into a "stance" type move that has a lot of followups from the initial execution?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like Down B to be morph ball, but Sonic doesn't have a stance in his games so I'm not too into that. I don't think it would feel right for Sonic

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, the "stance" would be his Down B. It would look the same for the charge animation like in Brawl and the 2D Sonics.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
W
So is anyone besides me big on the idea of Samus' Down B becoming morph ball mode or turning Sonic's Down B into a "stance" type move that has a lot of followups from the initial execution?

What type of follow ups would Sonic have? The Samus idea is good though

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
W

What type of follow ups would Sonic have? He Samus idea is good though

I never gave it too much thought, but I suppose it could be where moving the stick left or right would cause him to roll and up would be the ground pound from recent Sonic games for starters.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Samus should be able to turn into her Morph Ball with her vB, so she can evade certain attacks and deploy Morph Ball Bombs at will. Sonic, however, should keep the Spin Dash, but replace the Homing Attack and Spin Charge with 2 of his 3 elemental shield boost attacks from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I like Shadow a lot, don't kill me Iblis but I think he should have stayed dead after Sonic Adventure 2. I thought everything about his story in that game was wrapped up pretty nicely, so I feel like bringing him back in Sonic Heroes lessened the importance of his sacrifice

Also, Piccolo fan over here

Idk why you think I would kill you.

They could have made Shadow a nice character after SA2 but they ran with him in wrong direction.

I know when something I like is stupid LOL

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Samus should be able to turn into her Morph Ball with her vB, so she can evade certain attacks and deploy Morph Ball Bombs at will. Sonic, however, should keep the Spin Dash, but replace the Homing Attack and Spin Charge with 2 of his 3 elemental shield boost attacks from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Homing attack has been Sonic's signature attack since Dreamcast

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I never gave it too much thought, but I suppose it could be where moving the stick left or right would cause him to roll and up would be the ground pound from recent Sonic games for starters.
How about sonic does light speed dash from SA2

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Just make Sonic a super shield pressure character like he is in Project M. (here is a LOOOONNNGGGG video of it)
That would be pretty cool especially because Sonic is a fairly slow character when you analyze him. Less lag on stuff and multiple small hits for shield pressure would be a bit more akin to how more people expected him to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom