• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's what I mean. Every demographic literally nuts over the generic "badass" anti-hero. Shadow, Vegeta, Meta Knight, etc. That explains the popularity of a lot of characters, and as far from 'badass' as Waluigi is, it's the closest thing Mario has to one.
I find it odd that I was never the biggest fan of these characters. That doesn't mean I hate them, just that I liked other characters instead. Gohan was always my favorite in DBZ.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we can all agree Nappa had the best mustache in Dragon Ball Z.

@ Nine
Chuck Norris is so technical, it literally blows up people's minds upon finding out about how technical he is. That is why it is an ancient secret. :psycho:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, the thread is still pretty full today.

Been looking on some other fighting game websites, I've been rather surprised at the postive reaction that this team up is getting. Other than no tripping, I haven't seen anyone trolling towards the Smash series in general.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pac-Man's final Smash= His SFxT ending?

And augosto, Chuck Norris does, yes, but not Vegeta. He's forgiven though because that mustache was more than likely a product of GT logic if anything

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, it is pretty full Triple Dash. I expect 10+ (15+?) people on at nearly all times from now on in this thread (to be the norm). Also, I think we are inching closer to a trailer and/or some screenshots. If we get our reveal at Nintendo Space World, you guys can start calling me "the prophet!" :awesome:
Funny, because Zelda fans do. Especially ones I talk to. I have yet to see one that nobody liked at all. Or mostly didn't like. Even Zelda II is still pretty popular.
Nobody mentions Four Swords Adventures, because it isn't that great. As for Zelda II, that game is popular because it's hard. Unlike FSA, Zelda II is actually a good game! :laugh:
I'd say 3 to 4/5 of the world liking him is "Pretty damn popular".
You basing on the fact that the Zelda franchise has only sold about 60 million copies (compared to 6,000 million+ people) proves that you don't know statistics. Plus, out of all those Zelda fans, most seem to hate Tingle, which is why he has yet to appear as anything but a cameo in Zelda since the Minish Cap... and Brawl! :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I find it odd that I was never the biggest fan of these characters. That doesn't mean I hate them, just that I liked other characters instead. Gohan was always my favorite in DBZ.
To be honest, the reason why I love Vegeta is because the character has humoristic elements, in his latter quarrels with Goku, or simply when he goes insane and curses on enemies.

Shadow is like a bland copy of Vegeta with no soul, and nothing going for him that makes him interesting. No dark humor even, nothing.

Can't say anything about Metaknight since he always struck me as a silent masked swordsman.

And... also a Gohan fan.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
That's what I mean. Every demographic literally nuts over the generic "badass" anti-hero. Shadow, Vegeta, Meta Knight, etc. That explains the popularity of a lot of characters, and as far from 'badass' as Waluigi is, it's the closest thing Mario has to one.
You must have some interesting definition of badass if you consider Waluigi to even be one.

He is basically being poked fun of in and out of universe in the spin off games. Specially Mario Tennis.

If anything what Waluigi and Wario are missing is a third sibling so they could be the perfect 3 stooges.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, the news was shocking to me (don't know why they waited after E3). When I first saw the "Warning! Challenger Approaching" cutscene, I was like "Oh god, they are gonna troll us." But that Namco thing was just unheard of. I'm very curious to know what that prototype Namco showed to Sakurai was like (which he said he was impressed), how finished was it compared to the final game, and what system was the prototype?

And since now there's a 99.99999% chance of a Namco character being in the game, I'm curious who they'll add (they have lot of big franchises to choose from.)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Wario Bros.
Nate Biggledorf (I think I butchered his last names' spelling) likes trolling smash bros. fans. Remember the Dojo update "real men use items"=??? That was his idea with the translation, and he aimed that at us here on smashboards. The dude is a real BAMF if you ask me. He's hardcore, and he's not afraid to use it against us! :chuckle:
I wonder what the size of his team is now compared to the one he had in Brawl...

Brawl's main staff was about 50 people, wasn't it?
Brawl's main staff was about 100 people (give or take) as stated by Sakurai in the Super Smash Bros. Brawl "Iwata Asks." That is also where Sakurai confirmed Game Arts was the primary developer of Brawl. Soon after, the other 2 companies involved (I forget their names, but both are Nintendo 1st/2nd parties) were confirmed.

I think the Smash WiiU and 3DS staff may be twice that size, especially if the 3 Brawl developer companies (specifically Game Arts) return, and HAL Laboratories is involved. Also, seeing as how MGS5 was announced before this huge smash announcement, I think Kojima and some of his staff will be involved with Smash WiiU and 3DS, and help make some MGS content. I think that if MGS5 is coming out on the WiiU, having content from that game would definitely make sense (for Smash Bros., Konami, and Nintendo).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I like Shadow a lot, don't kill me Iblis but I think he should have stayed dead after Sonic Adventure 2. I thought everything about his story in that game was wrapped up pretty nicely, so I feel like bringing him back in Sonic Heroes lessened the importance of his sacrifice

Also, Piccolo fan over here

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think it would REALLY help Waluigi's chances if he had at least been playable in the New Super Mario Bros games...

How can they make two more of these and NOT include Wario and Waluigi? But Toads again?

Hello, Nintendo

Yellow Toad => WARIO (yellow/purple)
Blue Toad => WALUIGI (purple/blue)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I believe Monolith Soft was one of the other teams that helped with Brawl. Not sure what the other one was though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I heard that spoiler tune Star, and it's pretty rockin' and rollin'. Let's hope we get some Black and White 1+2 music in smash! :shades:

Also, does anyone think we'll get some of the sound people from Namco Bandai to help with smash=??? Imagine if we get MORE NEW SONGS THAN BRAWL!!! /head asplodes :psycho:
Your hate makes me stronger
Your ignorance (specifically in support of the menace known as Tingle) only makes me stronger.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I think it would REALLY help Waluigi's chances if he had at least been playable in the New Super Mario Bros games...

How can they make two more of these and NOT include Wario and Waluigi? But Toads again?

Hello, Nintendo

Yellow Toad => WARIO (yellow/purple)
Blue Toad => WALUIGI (purple/blue)

Why would those two ever even try to save the princess if it didn't benefit them

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah, it is pretty full Triple Dash. I expect 10+ (15+?) people on at nearly all times from now on in this thread (to be the norm). Also, I think we are inching closer to a trailer and/or some screenshots. If we get our reveal at Nintendo Space World, you guys can start calling me "the prophet!" :awesome:
Was on this thread before it became cool. :shades:

@Star: Always nice to see those themes back.

Not sure if it's a spoiler, but it seems that to get the new Kyurem forms,
you use a key item to fuse Kyurem and Res/Zek together into one Pokemon.
I also like how there is now multiple difficulties.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Threads been booming like crazy since this news broke out.
@John When is Nintendo Space World?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I believe Monolith Soft was one of the other teams that helped with Brawl. Not sure what the other one was though.
Yep, they were one of the developers, along with Paon, and Project Sora (now Sora Ltd; Sora then only had 2 employees; Sakurai and his assistant). Of course, the primary developer of Game Arts, since they had the biggest staff. HAL Laboratories also played an advisory role (after being the primary developer of Smash 64 and Melee).

Paon hasn't produced a game since 2008 (I think they are a 3rd party company with a contract with Nintendo; maybe that makes them a 2nd party company=???), so that might be an indicator they are involved with smash yet again.

As for Game Arts, their last game was in 2009/2010 (they are a 3rd party company), so they are due for some gaming announcement. Maybe they are involved with smash again. Something noteworthy about Game Arts is that just a few weeks ago, they moved their offices to a new location, according to their official website.

I do find it curious that Monolith Soft is involved with Project X Zone, though... just like Namco Bandai.

Monolith Soft is also involved with currently an untitled WiiU game, according to some sources.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Brawl already had Sakuraba as one of the composers. But he pretty much composes for any company.
Hopefully Go Shiina helps on the sound in this game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Falchion
It hasn't been announced yet, but usually Nintendo holds it the year of a release of a new console, whether handheld or platform.

I think every year or just about every year it has been in November, though. Showing footage of Zelda WiiU, the next 3D Mario game on the WiiU, and Smash WiiU (amongst numerous other 1st/2nd and maybe even 3rd party titles) would be the perfect way to hype the console, even if all of those games 1-4 years away from being released.

@ Metal
I hope, because more diversity is always welcomed in smash (as long as it doesn't bring down the quality).

@ Triple Dash
I was involved with Brawl speculation before Brawl had a title. :shades:

@ Minato
Well, to be fair, most of the Brawl composers only did a few songs. Nobuo Uematsu was one of the few people who did one song. (he also did a song or 2 for The Last Story).

Hopefully, though, the Namco Bandai musically staff can contribute to more music. Because let's be honest: we all are music wh**es. We want more tunes; we're cool like that! :shades: Also Nintendo, make uploadable music easy! Dang it, I want to play some cutesy Kirby music on a BRUTAL METROID STAGE!!! :chuckle:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Vegeta doesn't count, he lost his badassery when he grew a mustache :awesome:

That never happened. >__>

Just found these on Youtube, all from that World Championship thing:

Pokémon Black and White 2 - Battle! Kanto Gym Leader
Pokémon Black and White 2 - Vs. Neo Team Plasma
Pokémon Black and White 2 - Vs. Lance / Red
Pokémon Black and White 2 - Vs. Cynthia
Pokémon Black and White 2 - Vs. Blue
[COLLAPSE="Don't know if spoiler"]Pokémon Black and White 2 - Vs. N[/COLLAPSE]
Thanks Star! :D

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I feel given the current discussion, this song is required... for everything!!! (including smash bros; this would be perfect on Luigi's Mansion!)
Balancing ftfw. Go Sora-Nintendo-Namco-Bandai team up.
*waits for SEGA, Konami, and Capcom to join to help, along with Game Arts and HAL Laboratories* Maybe this will be the, dare I say, "the Meleeistic Brawl to end them all..." :awesome:

Fandangox

Smash Lord
NB, Sega, Konami, AND Capcom?

I think you guys are getting a bit out of hand.

I think Snake's chances of returning are a bit slim this time around. Don't know about Sonic.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If Sonic & Snake aren't in this game, I'm going to laugh so hard knowing it was gonna happen and soak in The Fountain of Tears. :smirk:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Let's see: Snake's creator is Sakurai's friend, which is how he got in Brawl, Snake was one of the best newcomers in Brawl (I'd say thee best, along with Diddy Kong and Captain Olimar), and was amongst the most popular newcomers. Plus he added a brand new flavor to the smash bros. mix.

As for Sonic, it's Sonic. Without him, it's not the same level of epicness.

Plus SEGA is involved with Project X Zone... and Capcom, too! :awesome:

@ Falchion
Why do you hate Sonic and Snake=??? Have you not played the greatness of Sonic 1-3 (plus Sonic CD, Colors, Generations,), or MGS1-4 (plus Portable Ops and Peacewalker)=???

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
DENDEEEEEEEEEEE

I need to watch Ep 30 Pt 1 of DBZ: Abridged when I get a chance

Anyway, speaking of uploadable music, do you think Nintendo's gonna moderate the custom music selection like they're doing with Miiverse messages? Because as awesome as it would be to bump some Eazy E music on a Yoshi's Island stage, I doubt Nintendo would allow it haha

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
@John
I don't hate them, I'm just saying you better be prepared for them no being in.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I had a little bit of fun toying with the idea, but the truth of the matter is that Namco-Bandai being involved with Super Smash Bros does not make it any more likely for Pacman, Lloyd, KOS-MOS, Jin, or any other character to make a guest appearance. Game Arts (and a couple other third party companies) helped develop Brawl, and nothing came of their collaboration. I think people need to reign in their expectations. Yes, Namco taking such a key role in helping Sakurai and Project Sora develop the game is exciting and surprising, but lets keep things in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom