• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
With Namco-Bandai working with Sora on the game, I can already see either a Tekken character, a Tales character, Pac-Man, or maybe a "curve ball" and throw in Dig Dug.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Do you think a tekken character could be included after all in the wiiu version of tekken tag team there's a Mario cameo

:phone:
Not sure but I can say 100% certain that a Namco character will be included. It goes without saying.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
That is true but I wouldn't say it's a done deal. Especially with this recent Namco inclusion. Personally, I would rather not like to see Sonic or Snake in the game. Sure, he's awesome and historically important to Nintendo but I'd rather see new 3rd-party character blood in the mix.

As for Namco's involvement in Smash, I don't see them having too much sway over the character inclusion within the roster save for one or two 3rd party characters and 3rd party franchises. I more see a drastic change in game play while sticking true to the original Smash formula, an increase in graphics, a fair and balance character roster, helping create a more fulfilling and satisfactory Adventure mode, drastically improving the online mode capabilities (I am pretty sure a online ranking system is guaranteed at this point), and a return to the competitive scene while still making it enjoyable for casuals.

With Namco's wealth of experience, I forsee nothing but good things coming from this partnership.
I think its safe to say Sonic will be in Smash 4. Heck Id even say Sonic series gets a 2nd character. Snake isnt gurenteed a future in Smash. But if Mega-Man or Pac-Man takes Snakes spot I can be ok with it

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Do you think a tekken character could be included after all in the wiiu version of tekken tag team there's a Mario cameo
Personally I think a Tekken character is possible but wouldn't be as likely as Pac-Man, a Soul Calibur character, or a Tales character.

deuxhero said:
What about Kalas?
Even with Namco working on Smash, I think Kalas is fairly unlikely. Maybe an AT, but honestly there are better choices for a playable character. If he got a new game, his chances would definitely increase, but he still wouldn't be the most likely.

Also, not that it really matters now, but is he owned by Namco or Nintendo?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
AIM... NO!! it's not safe to say that. don't get these nerd's hopes up. you do not know what things you have to go through to be able to use a character that your company does not own. they would have to sign documents again because the license to use wasn't extended to smash 4.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ah, wait, what about KOS-MOS?
If they ever do include KOS-MOS, I'm going to main her. I want everyone to know that I will main her if she is playable, that way, should she end up being god-tier, they'll know I main her because I like her, not for her tier placement. A bit verbose? Yeah, probably, but still.[/COLOR]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's just I remember there being confusion about who owned her, Nintendo or Namco, so at this point it probably doesn't matter either way lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ah, wait, what about KOS-MOS?
Personally I want her more than any other Namco character other than Klonoa, but I don't think she's the most likely.

At least she's not in legal limbo like many thought, and is appearing in Project X Zone.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I swear to God if that fuggin Emile kid from Tales of Symphonia 2 is playable, I am going to set him as my target dummy in practice mode and beat the **** out of him ALL THE TIME.

Smooth Criminal

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think this announcement could potentially mean a lot of great things for Smash Bros if only for the fact that Namco/Bandai has worked with every major Japanese developer under the sun and has a strong standing relationship with most of them. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Capcom and Square Enix came on board too for this project.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think its safe to say Sonic will be in Smash 4. Heck Id even say Sonic series gets a 2nd character. Snake isnt gurenteed a future in Smash. But if Mega-Man or Pac-Man takes Snakes spot I can be ok with it
If Sonic got a second character, I'd willingly shoot myself.

But seriously, it's not that simple to just say "Hey, Sega...we want Sonic and Knuckles." Those are Sega's characters and Sega has every right to say "No, we don't want you to have them." And yes, I know they have the (
ridiculous
) Mario and Sonic Olympics but they doesn't automatically guarantee two Sonic reps in Smash. As well, I imagine there is a lot of red tape and documents that have to be authorized and signed before a OK is given (and trust me. It takes a LONG time to get **** done in Japan. Everything has to authorized, signed, re-authorized, reviewed, passed around the office, interrogated, re-re-reauthorized, re-drafted, signed again...you get the point. It takes quite some time. Why do you think Sonic came so late into the game?

As well, I am pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't want to include two characters from the same franchise. Maybe the same company but, to me, it's overkill to include two from the same franchise. That also includes:

Snake and Raiden
Megaman and Zero
Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man
Ryu and Chun-Li

Why does that company get preferential treatment over another company? Doesn't make any sense. So yeah, I highly doubt a second Sonic character get's in. If, by some grace of God, one does.....it's been nice knowing you.

And KOS-MOS would be boss in SMash. I'd totally want her in.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah. Gimme Lloyd. MUCH better Tales rep.

FATMOI...holy crow.

What woodwork did you crawl out of? :D

Welcome back to speculation hell. THIS THREAD...IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE.

Smooth Criminal

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
and a Digimon fighting game.
Rumble Arena was my Smash subititute when my parents disapointed me and got me a Playstation 2. BD

the game could surpass Melee and Brawl in all aspects... potentially.
A game that finally unites the divided Smash community and that balances competitive and casual, as well as veteran and newcomer. Doubt that'll happen, but a man can dream.

sigh... Pacman for..... smsh~... PACMAN FOR SMASH!!!

[COLLAPSE="Taken from PacMan's Wikia page"]Abilities

Pac-Man has different abilities on his own and from Power Ups found in the Pac-Man World games.

make a moveset, he's gonna be in this game.
Didn't know Pac could do so much. My interest towards him just went up.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
wow venus... thanks for fleshing my point it out, but yeah... getting sonic back in won't be that easy... let alone captain k'nuckles

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm letting everyone know right now that I will want to main KOS-MOS. I know I'm beating a dead horse with the leg of a dead horse's dead horse's cousin dead horse, but now I'm actually really optimistic about the new Smash Bros.. I just have to remember to not have my expectation too high, that way I can cushion the blow of disappointment. Pic related:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I also think Namco/Bandai is a good company to have working on this project because, like Nintendo, they have experience working on just about every kind of video game genre out there. I never really thought of it before but this was actually an incredibly smart move on Nintendo's part that I never saw coming.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The Namco addition to Smash is really interesting news. I'm really hoping Namco brings some of that online sexy we saw in SC5. For all that games faults, it did online probably better than any other fighting game thus far. I wonder just how much Namco is going to contribute to the new title. Sakurai did mention that for the first time he'll let other people balance the game for him... I'm just not sure if I want that to be Namco or not.

And I bet this clinches Pacman as one of the 3rd party characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, maybe Monolith will put in a good word for KOS-MOS, they did both create her and help with Brawl, but that's about the only way I see her having a chance for inclusion. Plus if Monolith vouched for anybody, it would probably be Shulk.

Don't hold your breath expecting her, no matter how much she would rock. :woman:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's some more info:

[COLLAPSE="KOS-MOS"]
KOS-MOS has significant powers believed to be superior to all other party members. In addition to superhuman strength and speed, her body is formed from some sort of highly advanced nanomachines that allows her to morph parts of her body (specifically her arms) into various energy projectile and melee weapons. This body is also able to self-repair and is very durable though not indestructible, and she is also protected by a force-shield. She also possesses the ability to summon weapons such as the F-GSHOT chainguns and her famous F-SCYTHE and equipment either from some internal chamber that compresses space or from another location via teleportation. She also has a long-range sensory array, the D.S.S.S. system and CPU that either rivals or exceeds even those possessed by Observational Realians.

She also possesses the Hilbert Effect but its power is easily thousands of times greater than that achieved by even the largest spaceships. [/COLLAPSE]

Taken from the Xenoblade wiki.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If Sonic got a second character, I'd willingly shoot myself.

But seriously, it's not that simple to just say "Hey, Sega...we want Sonic and Knuckles." Those are Sega's characters and Sega has every right to say "No, we don't want you to have them." And yes, I know they have the (
ridiculous
) Mario and Sonic Olympics but they doesn't automatically guarantee two Sonic reps in Smash. As well, I imagine there is a lot of red tape and documents that have to be authorized and signed before a OK is given (and trust me. It takes a LONG time to get **** done in Japan. Everything has to authorized, signed, re-authorized, reviewed, passed around the office, interrogated, re-re-reauthorized, re-drafted, signed again...you get the point. It takes quite some time. Why do you think Sonic came so late into the game?

As well, I am pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't want to include two characters from the same franchise. Maybe the same company but, to me, it's overkill to include two from the same franchise. That also includes:

Snake and Raiden
Megaman and Zero
Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man
Ryu and Chun-Li

Why does that company get preferential treatment over another company? Doesn't make any sense. So yeah, I highly doubt a second Sonic character get's in. If, by some grace of God, one does.....it's been nice knowing you.

And KOS-MOS would be boss in SMash. I'd totally want her in.
I get what your saying but aside from getting authorization from Sega and all that detail. Im 100% positive Sonic will be in. Yes I have no evidence but cmon its Sonic and Nintendo and Sega are practically bestfriends now. You'll see! About the whole shooting myself if Sonic gets a 2nd character.

I'd only do that if they select Shadow the Hedgehog! He'd surly be a lil on the clone side! But too me it aint that out of the question to add one more Sonic character.

D

Deleted member

Alright, she seems pretty cool. But "other party members"? Is she the "main" member like Shulk, or no?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Digimon , Pac-man and Klonoa.

GREAT characters , Great series , right models for SSB Games.

Digimon vs Pokémon = Mario vs Sonic

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Interesting.
In order to make Mr. Sakurai proud, we will take on this project with NAMCO BANDAI’s best staff! Yo****o Higuchi, the producer and the director of the “Tales” series, Tetsuya Akatsuka, producer and director of “Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.,” the art director/sound director of the “SoulCalibur” series, the main development team staff from the “TEKKEN” series…and that’s just for starters.
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/2...-developed-by-tales-soulcalibur-tekken-staff/

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@Samurai
one bad point toward Soul Calibur V online was seeing "penises" on characters... HUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom