• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Namco Bandai includes Bandai. And Bandai made a Mega Man cartoon series.

Mega Man confirmed for SM4SH

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you can't change it... he already knows cause he most likely already saved the JPG of your images.
i'm still going to stick with my no guest roster though, cause changing it now is for weenies.

hoho!! this place is packed!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG, Bandai made one of my favorite games on the NES, "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Spirit:_The_New_Legend"

Prince Lace confirmed for SM4SH

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can't check anymore cuz now it's private (:glare:), but I think after E3 Toise said we could change our rosters again. If we can't it's not the end of the world (IMO there isn't really one specific Namco character that's alot more likely than the others anyway), but can someone from BRoom2 check and confirm/deny this? I wanna know if I should get to editing my roster.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
o.O

What other game has Arcsys put out since GGX2: Reload and GGX2 SLASH that could go online, Augusto?

And iirc, the online for those games wasn't exactly that great anyway.

Smooth Criminal

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My dream of strings might finally become a reality. Of course, I still think that Smash is literally a 2.5D fighter by employing elements of both sub-genres.
Waiting for someone to come in and say Sakurai isn't making Smash 4 with Tekken elements because Smash makes more money and Tekken and all other fighting games aren't successful. :awesome: :troll: :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I can't check anymore cuz now it's private (:glare:), but I think after E3 Toise said we could change our rosters again. If we can't it's not the end of the world (IMO there isn't really one specific Namco character that's alot more likely than the others anyway), but can someone from BRoom2 check and confirm/deny this? I wanna know if I should get to editing my roster.
I was mostly joking in my last post. lol

But yeah, he said you can go and change it as needed, don't need to have your changes voted on either, there's also no specific deadline now that E3's done. He said this a while back, I just forgot to mention it to everyone (I'm a derp).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I find it interesting that the art and music of the Soul Calibur series is also helping. Guess this means we are in for some art like this:

[COLLAPSE="Too big"]
[/COLLAPSE]

And music like this...

And that's not a bad thing.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 61 (30 members and 31 guests)

This is a lively thread after the big news.

JoFTWin

Smash Apprentice
Where the wild things are, by way of Georgia.
Arguably some of the best online for a fighter to date.

Smooth Criminal
This. Most people say it's between Soul Calibur 5 and Blazblue online for ideal netcode. So we're in good hands. And my thoughts on the Namco news? If I had to choose any company to team up with Sakurai for this...it would've been Namco. If anything's for sure..Smash 4 will without a doubt be better than Brawl now. Competitive wise and fun factor wise.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Crap, we are just like addicts, we just got a small fix and I get the feeling we may not get more news for a while...this is going to be rough

(unless of course they get scrambled for interviews like what happened after e3)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
BlazBlue
and the upcoming Persona 4 Arena.

also, my bet's on the Tales guy working on the story mode since the tales series are awesome books in video game format. and the soul guy helps out with the fighting part...

as for Toise of Choice, he said when and if we get smash news, then it will be locked tight... or something like that.

Star... your too big collapse thing is empty.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Eh, from the one Tales game I played (Symphonia) I found the plot very iffy.

Now the skit system. THAT I would love to see in Smash Bros somehow. Half the fun of most crossovers is seeing the characters interact.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, Sakurai really added to the stuff we already knew...

Masahiro Sakurai

Hello, I'm Masahiro Sakurai, the director of the Super Smash Bros. series.

It's my personal belief that the only time a creative product really resonates is in that first moment when it's actually in front of you.

With that said, I've realized that if we keep the new Super Smash Bros. title's development structure secret, it'll only create more and more speculation, and I won't be able to develop the game with any freedom. That's why I've decided to announce this news right now, even though it's still very early on.

I would love to provide more information, but for now, I'm going to stay quiet until I have something solid to show you.

The project has just gotten started. Bear in mind that not only are we developing two titles simultaneously, but we announced the project before we even started actual development, so I'm afraid we will likely have to keep you waiting for quite a while. Please be patient.

Currently, the prototype prepared by NAMCO BANDAI Games and NAMCO BANDAI Studios' special team looks pretty good, and it's working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximize and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together. Thank you.
Again IGN readers, he himself says he's the director

Kobyashi or whatever, promises it'll be the best smash ever

Masaya Kobayashi

Hello, everyone. I'm Masaya Kobayashi of NAMCO BANDAI Studios. I'm so honored to be able to join the Smash Bros. team--that globally popular series of which Japan is particularly proud—and to work alongside of Mr. Sakurai.

In order to make Mr. Sakurai proud, we will take on this project with NAMCO BANDAI's best staff! Yo****o Higuchi, the producer and the director of the "Tales" series, Tetsuya Akatsuka, producer and director of "Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.," the art director/sound director of the "SoulCalibur" series, the main development team staff from the "TEKKEN" series…and that's just for starters. All the top creators from NAMCO BANDAI are gathered here to create a never-before-seen dream team for this project. We will fully utilize our experience and knowledge in action/fighting game development, technical capability, and organizational strength, and we hereby promise you that we will develop the best and most powerful "Super Smash Bros." title ever! Don't miss it!

Representative works:

Masaya Kobayashi
"Ridge Racer" series
"We Ski" (Wii) series
"Go Vacation" (Wii)

Yo****o Higuchi
"SoulCalibur" series
"Tales of the Abyss"
"Tales of Vesperia"

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Eh, from the one Tales game I played (Symphonia) I found the plot very iffy.

Now the skit system. THAT I would love to see in Smash Bros somehow. Half the fun of most crossovers is seeing the characters interact.

Isn't that what the story is for but I do agree a skit system would be pretty bomb-***

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star... your too big collapse thing is empty.
Well, just go to Google images and look at some of the art from the Soul Calibur series to get an idea of where the art direction could go. For me I'm mainly interested in the musical direction (naturally). I have a feeling the music may go the Melee route again, orchestral rearrangements.

Dang Namco seems elated to be working on Super Smash Bros. Guaranteed money for them, who wouldn't be?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well, working on Smash Bros is HUGE. not only is it beloved by all, it will forever be on their resume... who can say, "i worked on smash bros, you know, it's no biggy"

i love how Namco Bandai said they will only offer their BEST men from their company... this next smash will be amazing, i just know it. dare i say it... better than melee.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Stages is another thing I'd love to see I wonder if they'll be guest stages from namco bandi series or if they're art style would be a heavy influence

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Technically Etemon is a video game character. Though, that song would probably not be eligible to be featured in Smash.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Maybe since Namco is working on Project X Zone we can still get Sonic and Megaman. After all, Monolith Soft is developing that game. :troll:

I assume I am going to have to hear how every Namco character under the sun is confirmed for the next game, aren't I?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe since Namco is working on Project X Zone we can still get Sonic and Megaman. After all, Monolith Soft is developing that game. :troll:

I assume I am going to have to hear how every Namco character under the sun is confirmed for the next game, aren't I?
Basically! Yoshimitsu for Smash!! Namu namu naaaaamu!

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman

Well. Sega and Nintendo's relationship is extremely good so I know Sonic is going to be in it as for Megaman maybe this is the comeback Capcom was talking about
But probably not

harpuia190

Smash Ace
wasnt there an article early on saying sakurai was interested in talking with capcom, or something like that?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
By the way, this isn't the first time Nintendo and Namco-Bandai have collaborated on a game before.

(Miyamoto actually helped develop this game)

(Mario Kart GP. Mario Kart meets Diddy Kong Racing, sort of; but arcade and Japan only.)

I wonder if I can find any Digimon World music that will make Star happy.
You can try. It's been quite awhile since I played a Digimon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom