• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm much more interested in DLC FE characters than extra Coin Rush levels in NSMB2. But at least Nintendo seems to be interested in DLC past FE.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
when he said new pokemon trainers and then showed that rockin trainer... i was so psyched... then he followed with and new gym leaders... nooo... i wanted to be that guitar rocker!
im getting an XL

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Dragon Quest isn't an American thing

I was curious about it's localization and pricing, etc.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And now there's some Animal Crossing for someone Strong.

I wonder if Sakurai was referring to Namco Bandai when he said that he'd be getting some help with balance. Would make sense when you look at NB's history with other fighting games.
Well, SC4 had it's problems, but they have indeed had a rather impressive track record. I hope this means we get us some Lloyd Irving. I'd place my faith in them or Sega when it comes to balancing. Capcom's been dropping the ball as of late.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Apparently Dragon Quest isn't an American thing

I was curious about it's localization and pricing, etc.
We're probably not getting the Wii version. I guarantee you what will probably happen is Dragon Quest X will only be a Wii U title in the West.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe they hope to cater to the fighting crowd by making it more.....Tekken'ish? Considering Tekken and Soul Caliber usually attract more hardcore (I guess?) fighting fans? I am having a hard time at trying to picture this duo adventure but it might lead somewhere awesome!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm curious whether Sakurai himself decided he needed help with game balance this time, or someone else proposed the idea to him.

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe they hope to cater to the fighting crowd by making it more.....Tekken'ish? Considering Tekken and Soul Caliber usually attract more hardcore (I guess?) fighting fans? I am having a hard time at trying to picture this duo adventure but it might lead somewhere awesome!
My dream of strings might finally become a reality. Of course, I still think that Smash is literally a 2.5D fighter by employing elements of both sub-genres.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Well, SC4 had it's problems, but they have indeed had a rather impressive track record. I hope this means we get us some Lloyd Irving. I'd place my faith in them or Sega when it comes to balancing. Capcom's been dropping the ball as of late.
You're cropping in Arksys with Sega, right?

Smooth Criminal

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm curious whether Sakurai himself decided he needed help with game balance this time, or someone else proposed the idea to him.
That'll probably be the thing we hear about first in the interviews, speaking of which has anyone found them yet or are they even uploaded?

harpuia190

Smash Ace

Considering how Sakurai did all the balancing himself the last time or two, I lean towards the latter.

Also that seems to fit nintendo's new policies

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You're cropping in Arksys with Sega, right?

Smooth Criminal
No, as they're independent if I recall. Still Arksys would be another good choice, especially if that means we'd get Project M Zelda since she reminds me of Dizzy.

That'll probably be the thing we hear about first in the interviews, speaking of which has anyone found them yet or are they even uploaded?
I get the feeling that the quality of the balancing in the long run proved to be so bad is what may have done it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dang, just read Sakurai and Kobayashis' extra words on their collaboration. Apparently the main staff for the Tekken series is working on the game, along with the art and sound director of the Soul Calibur series (obviously handling both). Also, apparently Tetsuya Akatsuka and his Mobile Suit Gundam team is helping too.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo seems to have a hard-on for Metal Mario (he's now downloadable for Mario Tennis Open)

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Dang, just read Sakurai and Kobayashis' extra words on their collaboration. Apparently the main staff for the Tekken series is working on the game, along with the art and sound director of the Soul Calibur series (obviously handling both). Also, apparently Tetsuya Akatsuka and his Mobile Suit Gundam team is helping too.
We are in for a very different Smash methinks

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
code didn't work probably because you're not in the PAL region... or have a PAL copy of Mario Tennis Open.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A prototype, eh? I think this is a good indicator that the Brawl engine has been successfully ported over, possibly with a few tweaks.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*speaks with Deadpool's MvC3 voice.*

Kuuuuuumaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww

Smooth Criminal

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Jeezum, 28 members and 28 guests?

And Namco was honestly the last group I expected.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Did Sakurai just tell me to be patient again? FUUUUU--

Just messing, I've been paying so much attention to the directs I haven't been posting. :laugh: Man it was so annoying seeing the idiots posting in the chat... fools, all of them.

Really enjoyed everything, and the fact that we got SSB Next news (interesting ones at that) made it amazing. NO ONE expected that. :laugh: Hopefully with two teams working on the large projects will speed it up so I don't have to be so damn patient. XD

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Heh you guys beat me to the namco news, I wonder how this will go. Namco bandai makes some good games, but is their touch really right for smash? Lets just hope it doesn't become a typical 2D fighter, the series will really be dead to me then.

in b4 i get called closed minded, its smash not melty smashblood bros: mvc blaz hyper fighting edition.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Heh you guys beat me to the namco news, I wonder how this will go. Namco bandai makes some good games, but is their touch really right for smash? Lets just hope it doesn't become a typical 2D fighter, the series will really be dead to me then.

in b4 i get called closed minded, its smash not melty smashblood bros: mvc blaz hyper fighting edition.
Close Minded person.

Namco are the king of fighters...er, I mean Tekken of fighters.

Something

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I'd rather have a Tekken or Soul Calibur character than Pac-Man.

Sounds good so far.

We are in for a very different Smash methinks
Agreed, hopefully one that's different from both Melee and Brawl.

A prototype, eh? I think this is a good indicator that the Brawl engine has been successfully ported over, possibly with a few tweaks.
No tripping? :awesome:

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Good news for tournament players is that SC5, while an awful single player game, is apparently very good as a competitive game.

If the Tekken team is working on it, how about Yoshimitsu? He reps BOTH of Namco's fighters, has had a Nintendo character appear in one of his series (Link in 2) and has a whacky fighting style perfect for Smash Bros.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Did anyone bet on a Namco character?
I sure didn't. I'm going back to my roster and adding one. The only trouble now is who I'm going to pick. :laugh:

I'd rather have Lloyd or Pacman over someone from SoulCalibur or Tekken, but right now I really don't know who the most likely Namco character is.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm still waiting for Shortie to show up with his love for Soul Calibur.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Representative works:
Yo****o Higuchi
"SoulCalibur" series
"Tales of the Abyss"
"Tales of Vesperia"

................ still no mention of Tales of Symphonia............. smh
he did work as director for that game.. honest...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably should go change our bets in the Discussion Group before Toise finds out. lol

Might as well get to work on the info thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom