• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Miku or BRS would be lulz to have in Smash.
I don't want to advocate for characters who didn't originate in a video game, but if BRS was in Smash, I'd probably explode. :awesome:

I'll settle for her being in a video game on a system I actually own. :rolleyes:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
IN startropics 2, the main character receives a Katana from Leonardo (Davinci)

So. Ninja Turtles
I would've never made that connection. :p

I refuse to believe that was a present from Marco Polo... I bet the one who REALLY gave Da Vinci the katana was Ezio from Assasin's Creed. :D

So... EZIO.

EDITz: After playing Donkey Kong Countr 1 through 3 I guess I finally know why so many people want K.Rool in the game.

He certainly has moveset potential. And it would serve to highlight DKC franchise, when a lot of people say Donkey and Diddy are just extensions of the Mario franchise.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Hoping for the best but expecting the worse, are you going to drop the bomb or not?

I hope we get more pikmin stuffs and that they touch on games they skimmed over at e3 like animal crossing.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kirby 20th anniversary news, here we come!
Looking forward to the game release. I really want another copy of Dreamland 2 to play again.

Too bad I can't have it on my 3DS though.

Mobile is better for me

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, I see some Startropics love. Outside of the original cave theme from the first game this song has to be the second best.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Even if there's all these press conferences this month or in the latter half of the year, I can't depend on any developers to give us any new information about Smash 4 until early to mid 2013, or if I was really lucky, October at the soonest. We knew nothing about Brawl until May 2006, about 7 months after production began. October will mark 8 months since Smash 4 began production, so the chance of them saying anything about characters or stages before then is at best 3,720 to 1.

I know the most common argument to say Donkey Kong is not part of the Mario franchise: "If Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong were part of the Mario franchise, or to be grouped in with the Mario franchise, where was the Mushroom emblem and SMB1 level completion victory theme"? Because I missed out on the rebuttal to that, I wanted to ask what was the rebuttal?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Arrived at the right time. Donkey Kong is NOT part of the Mario series, period. They are linked, yes. And share the same roots, but calling Donkey Kong just a sub-series to the Mario universe is just too little for a series as big as Donkey Kong. Especially seeing the huge successes of the DKC games. They marked DK as an own individual game series, apart from Mario since 1994. Your behind in time man. :smirk: I also wouldn't call Wario part of the Mario series, but Yoshi I would.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, the continent in Pokemon Conquest is shaped like Arceus.

The point of the game is trying to figure out what created the continent or something like that.

Never before did I realize Arceus was so Narcissistic

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Even if there's all these press conferences this month or in the latter half of the year, I can't depend on any developers to give us any new information about Smash 4 until early to mid 2013, or if I was really lucky, October at the soonest. We knew nothing about Brawl until May 2006, about 7 months after production began. October will mark 8 months since Smash 4 began production, so the chance of them saying anything about characters or stages before then is at best 3,720 to 1.

I know the most common argument to say Donkey Kong is not part of the Mario franchise: "If Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong were part of the Mario franchise, or to be grouped in with the Mario franchise, where was the Mushroom emblem and SMB1 level completion victory theme"? Because I missed out on the rebuttal to that, I wanted to ask what was the rebuttal?
Except, as you said, they showed Smash 7 months in.

October would be 9 months in. Development started in February.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, I didn't see Sakurai teaming up with, of all companies, Namco Bandai coming.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
sooo... Namco Bandai... i do not want PacMan... who else do we have plausible? Nightmare? Cassandra? Lloyd Irving?
cute girl is sooo cute!!! spur of the moment from the stream

AIM0001

Smash Lord
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=179781

Was the last company that I was expecting to get involved. Makes me really glad I never finished my blog post on 3rd parties.

EDIT: Says that Sakurai and NB will have something to say near the end of the stream.
Pac-Man in Smash 4! Nacmo-Bandai join Capcom(Megaman) and Sega(Sonic) third party club in Super Smash Bros.

I wouls say Konami but I dont know if Solid Snake will be returning....

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wow, this is... really unexpected. I'm too surprised to form an opinion right now. :laugh:

Now I hope for Klonoa, although he is probably one of the most unlikely Namco characters. He'd fit sooo well! Although Pacman would be cool too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
"Quick heads to Discussion Group and changes bet" :troll:

@Yani: It's not over, Iwata said that Sakurai would say something near the end.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Klonoa, Tales of Series, Tekken, Soul, PacMan... hmmm...

oh hey... that game that youre watching right now on the stream that is Lost Planet used assets from MML3...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I already like it better than E3. :laugh:

Did they show any new Smash logos or anything at the beginning or did they just mention it? I don't expect they did, but I'd hate to miss anything.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Collecting coins is not going to thrill me no matter how many things they paint gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom