• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You have a very backwards world view. Sakurai's first rule for adding characters is that they have to make people want to play the game. You can tell what those characters might be from our discussions. You, on the other hand, have character picks no one wants. Yet, rather than except that, you keep trying to ram rod Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle and Meowth. We know they aren't getting in, yet we discuss them far more than we should because you keep trying the same arguments and lose. We are all individual. Most of us just hate your ideas and you have to accept that.

I say you are worse than Diddy because Diddy will talk about other stuff too. Some people like his suggestions. On the other hand, you will only talk about those three characters and try to shift discussion in that direction. It's not that we are a hive mind. it's that your a fool.
I talk about other stuff too. It just seems to me that you tend to reply my posts if I mention those three specific characters. If I talk about Rainbow Road, Palutena, Little Mac, Bowser's Castle, whatever, I don't see you replying my posts. But if I talk about Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, or Meowth, you reply my posts to attack them. What's the big deal between you and those three characters? Did Duck Hunt Dog laugh at you while you were being molested by Tingle and getting scratched by Meowth at the same time?

And it's you're, not your. :troll:

JPW

Smash Ace
I don't mean to dis Dark Pit here. I love Dark Pit. But incase you haven't noticed. Dark Pit is actually a shade of Normal Pit. It's like Blood Falcon and Captain Falcon. It's like Dark Link and Link. Dark Samus and Samus. They're just a different shade. Identically the same character the only difference is one of them is evil the other is good.

There's no point wasting a spot on the roster for a character with a different shade. It just be another clone. THere's no point. I guess you could make one faster than the other. But when they had the exact same moves. It basically a clone and we all know how we feel about that.

There will be no Dark characters ever. They will always be shades of the actual character.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I don't hate Peepers,i think i would like it a little.Moewth can get in if Jigglypuff made it.But i'm a little worse than meh on tingle. :ohwell:

Diddy,i don't hate him,but i find him worse since he wants to change our opinion saying his is better about Impa,Arcadenik just want to say that Peep isn't a bad pick,not rule the forum with it.

Oww,i come here and i'm probably going to have troubles with Smashchu and others.:dizzy:
But i won't care about Thrill,if he thinks Tingle is better than Waluigi,he shouldn't have spoken.:troll:

Are you guyz sure it's a smash list?i think people,even in Japan,are more logic,and there are two different list.Almost all of those have a 3DS game...

@JPW:Dark Samus is a little different.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/215707283961823232/photo/1

UH GUYS I DUNNO WHAT THIS IS BUT I THINK WE SHOULD PAY ATTENTION
That must be our roster. :awesome:

Ok, I bought the magazine but the one Sakurai posted is much different from the one I bought despite it being a recent issue...
Likin' the Ghirahim and Palutena in that. The latter isn't surprising but I didn't expect the former. :D

Smashchu, I am sorry I am not part of this hive mind where everyone on the Internet hates Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog. I am sorry I have an independent mind that thinks differently from you and your brood. It's just that.... ahh, if everyone shared the same opinions, life would be boring as evidenced by all these near-identical conservative rosters I see floating around here. Although the fact they are near-identical tells me there are traces of individuality in each member within the hive mind and that gives me hope. :awesome:
I understand where you are coming from, but thinking differently for the sake of thinking differently is a bit foolish.

In other words, become a part of the hive. Otherwise, you are expendable.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ok, I bought the magazine but the one Sakurai posted is much different from the one I bought despite it being a recent issue...

[COLLAPSE="Nindori Magazine pictures"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Wait, what is this a list of?

Either way I'm surprised that both Ike and Palutena ranked so high on it. I'm also surprised that both Marth and Fox ranked low on it (and the fact that we got Forte over Rockman).

Well if it's a popularity list for Japan, might as well add it to the info thread just in case.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hum... Might be looking way too into it, but that seems rather SOLIDIFYING of Palutena's chances. For Sakurai to SEE HIMSELF that she is popular, he shouldn't have any reservations on keeping her out due to humility or WHATEVER.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nintendo (iwata) tweeted on sakurai's about the JP nintendo direct.
Probably doesn't mean anything, but it's interesting none the less.

Certainly a good day today with this magazine stuff, the Nintendo Direct, and the start of the massive leak of information about Black/White 2.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Suddenly... feeling pretty confident about Ghirahim.

NOT THAT WE WOULD BE FOOLED, but it seems like adding Ghirahim and keeping Ganondorf a secret (to make THE GENERAL PUBLIC think he won't appear because he hasn't appeared in the Zelda games a while) would be something Sakurai would do. That's one reason I keep saying Ghirahim is absolutely going to be a starter character. Haven't been feeling GOOD about him because he is a one-shot character, and more importantly he likely won't be appearing again in the series (but what do I know). But he's a popular character, and a good character, a character people actually WANT and has his own FLAVOR to add to the roster... so it's really not fair to say "he's just another Zant" or whatever. Too much of a simplification.

I mean, if I'm going to say that cuts can happen with guys like Lucario and Ike, then I should be able to say adding Ghirahim would be fine too.

I DUNNO. Give me a week and I'll probably flipflop again. I'm sorry that I'm so weak, Heels.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Suddenly... feeling pretty confident about Ghirahim.

NOT THAT WE WOULD BE FOOLED, but it seems like adding Ghirahim and keeping Ganondorf a secret (to make THE GENERAL PUBLIC think he won't appear because he hasn't appeared in the Zelda games a while) would be something Sakurai would do. That's one reason I keep saying Ghirahim is absolutely going to be a starter character. Haven't been feeling GOOD about him because he is a one-shot character, and more importantly he likely won't be appearing again in the series (but what do I know). But he's a popular character, and a good character, a character people actually WANT and has his own FLAVOR to add to the roster... so it's really not fair to say "he's just another Zant" or whatever. Too much of a simplification.

I mean, if I'm going to say that cuts can happen with guys like Lucario and Ike, then I should be able to say adding Ghirahim would be fine too.

I DUNNO. Give me a week and I'll probably flipflop again. I'm sorry that I'm so weak, Heels.
No, no, no, don't be ashamed. Ghirahim has decent chances yes, it can go either way, so it is probably most objective to feel as you do now.

And I liked Zant actually, just wish he and his people received as much love as Ghirahim did. :/ One of my biggest complains with that game in general..

D

Deleted member

And if you like Waluigi you literally have no right to criticize others for character selection. I'm sorry-wait, no I'm not.
Go die in a hole.
Also, if you like Lapras, you literally have no right to criticize others for anything at all.

D

Deleted member

Which of the two polls is the one we need to look at most, the one with Pit in lead or the one with Mario?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I still wonder why there are characters that are in the roster already,SO IS IT SMASH OR NOT?!?!
It's Character Derby, according to the headline. It's some kind of character popularity contest from Nintendo games.

There are a few more names, but I can't tell some of them completely...

-...Masaki
-(no idea)
-Girahim
-Snake
-Nobori (?)
-Hate...
-Fu...

And the screen cuts off.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I talk about other stuff too. It just seems to me that you tend to reply my posts if I mention those three specific characters. If I talk about Rainbow Road, Palutena, Little Mac, Bowser's Castle, whatever, I don't see you replying my posts. But if I talk about Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, or Meowth, you reply my posts to attack them. What's the big deal between you and those three characters? Did Duck Hunt Dog laugh at you while you were being molested by Tingle and getting scratched by Meowth at the same time?

And it's you're, not your. :troll:
I rarely if ever see that. I only see your silly characters. You even sneak them into post where they are not relevant.

As for the character derby, it's defiantly interesting. I guess Sakurai has a different issue, but it shows us some of the characters people like.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Palutena and Ghirahim are pretty popular in Japan? Nice. Two characters that I'd personally like to see.

I guess Black Kyurem is our 5th Gen rep. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...I wonder if it's telling at all that IKE is not only ON the list, but HIGHER than Marth, and Krom DOES NOT APPEAR.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Out of that poll, I want Debbie, Palutena, and Miku. Seriously though, Miku would be awesome. Only downsides are that her games are made by Sega (complete with the Sega voice from the Genesis) and the many license issues of getting her most famous songs in.

Also DHD for life.

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I didn't see Ike in there, just Chrome and Marth. Must've missed him.

Out of that poll, I want Debbie, Palutena, and Miku. Seriously though, Miku would be awesome. Only downsides are that her games are made by Sega (complete with the Sega voice from the Genesis) and the many license issues of getting her most famous songs in.

Also DHD for life.

I heard Miku is Yamaha and SEGA as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think Krom and Ike are higher than Marth on the one Sakurai tweeted
Yeah, I can't get that link to work.

Also got Startropics 1&2 in the mail today. They're okay so far, but I can see a lot of issues especially with the 2nd game. Can't say I support Mike Jones yet though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I heard Miku is Yamaha and SEGA as well.
Miku is owned by Crypton Media. The Vocaloid engine itself belongs to Yamaha. Sega has the rights to make games featuring Miku, Meiko, Kaito, Rin, Len, and Luka along with their fan derivatives. Teto was added in as DLC despite not being a Vocaloid.

Yeah, I'm a Vocaloid fan.

yani

Smash Lord
Here's Sakurai's pic in list form

Pit
Mario
Kirby
Link
Luigi
Pikachu
Krom
Yoshi
Ike
Zelda
Marth
Idk
Viridi
Waluigi
Sonic
Dark Pit
Palutena
Idk
Idk
Fox

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Somehow I missed Krom. Wonder how I managed that...

Anyway, that's 3 newcomers I want to see from there now. Palutena, Krom, and Ghirahim.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Here's Sakurai's pic in list form

Pit
Mario
Kirby
Link
Luigi
Pikachu
Krom
Yoshi
Ike
Zelda
Marth
Idk
Viridi
Waluigi
Sonic
Dark Pit
Palutena
Idk
Idk
Fox
I like the other one better. :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Miku is owned by Crypton Media. The Vocaloid engine itself belongs to Yamaha. Sega has the rights to make games featuring Miku, Meiko, Kaito, Rin, Len, and Luka along with their fan derivatives. Teto was added in as DLC despite not being a Vocaloid.

Yeah, I'm a Vocaloid fan.

Haha nice!
Hope to see her in Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, since she's partly SEGA.

Also got Startropics 1&2 in the mail today. They're okay so far, but I can see a lot of issues especially with the 2nd game. Can't say I support Mike Jones yet though.
Unboxing and everything?

My only issue with the first one was the grid-like movement (but by now, it's as natural to me as breathing).

And my only issue with the second one was the lacking invincibility frames when hit.

Other than that, they're pretty much my favorite Nintendo games of all time. Be ready for some serious troll-deaths from time to time. XD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Unboxing and everything?

My only issue with the first one was the grid-like movement (but by now, it's as natural to me as breathing).

And my only issue with the second one was the lacking invincibility frames when hit.

Other than that, they're pretty much my favorite Nintendo games of all time. Be ready for some serious troll-deaths from time to time. XD
The grid based movement of the first is okay, does take some getting used to.

The 2nd game has the more annoying issues. Such as instant death in water, so you're 8 direction jumps have to be spot on. Sometimes when entering a new room you'll walk into an enemy and take a cheap hit.

I also don't like how you don't get pushed back when an enemy hits you, so you it's rather easy to get hit multiple times in a row.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ok one thing i would like to know; up to how many playable characters do you guys think is logical? i normally thought 50 characters was good enough, but others want ridley or dixie kong. maybe 60 might be decent enough, but i think thats pushing it too far.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The grid based movement of the first is okay, does take some getting used to.

The 2nd game has the more annoying issues. Such as instant death in water, so you're 8 direction jumps have to be spot on. Sometimes when entering a new room you'll walk into an enemy and take a cheap hit.

I also don't like how you don't get pushed back when an enemy hits you, so you it's rather easy to get hit multiple times in a row.
You must be referring to the sewer level's moving platforms in particular, because you always die when you fall in water either way. Luckily, after the sewer level I never stumbled upon any other cheap trap.

And yeah, the last issue you mentioned still kinda haunts me... 2nd one has its ups and downs, definitely.

ok one thing i would like to know; up to how many playable characters do you guys think is logical? i normally thought 50 characters was good enough, but others want ridley or dixie kong. maybe 60 might be decent enough, but i think thats pushing it too far.

I think 45-50 will be the number this time. I'm not quite sure Sakurai will top 50, and if he does, it's because of more semi-cloning, I bet.

I really hope he has a good team there to balance the game for non-item use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom