• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda funny how just one character sets everyone off. I'm just going to say this now before it gets any dumber, just shut up and drop the discussion.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
To Yuiitusin: It's not just Tingle I'd have any objections to playing as. I already told you Lyndis was only in Rekka No Ken, merely as the player's tutor. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are characters that I obviously, but not explicably, wouldn't want to play as. And I only want Dixie Kong in if she's not in a tag team with Diddy Kong. Bandana Dee, despite appearing in one of the latest Kirby titles, isn't a different enough form from a generic enemy in the rest of the Kirby series. I hope Krystal won't be added because she represents 2 of the 3 inferior Star Fox titles. I just don't like the thought of playing as Starfy, for reasons I can't figure out.

To Arcadenik: I heard once that more dungeons were planned for The Wind Waker. Do you know where I can find out more about all of Waker's dungeons scrapped over time constraints? However, I can much less imagine why you wanted to see Tingle appear in more recent Zelda titles. And it's not anger management, it's just that I didn't like how that post came out, so I just deleted it like that because I can't find the Delete button.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Competition against other characters, eh? Why don't more people bring that point up? Therein lies why I don't condone bringing Roy back; there are other Fire Emblem characters I'd rather see. That's why I don't mind if Lucas doesn't return; I can expect in the low-to-mid 50s quantity in the character roster, but not quite 60, and I'd have traded Lucas for Ridley or Samurai Goroh to be playable. That's why I don't want Toon Link to return; his competitor, Young Link, had better games than Toon L.

The world would be better... without two Links.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oasis, you're dead to me now. I don't understand all the tink hate, he's better than the original anyway >_>

This isn't smash related at all but I thought some of y'all might get a few laughs from it.
Yeah well I... I mean... Well, my girlfriend really likes using Toon Link. So I want him to stay so she can be happy. She also really likes Ike too. Please don't cut them Sakurai. Or at least replace Toon Link with Ghirahim for her since she really wants him in Smash too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People dont realize that this game needs Pac-Man. Not to mention Pac-Man has already been on Mario Kart Arcade and Namco let Nintendo make their own version of Pac-Man by using GBA and GC connectivity.

Also wouldnt it be cooler to say...
Jumpman vs. Pac-Man vs. Rock Man vs. Rayman?
Needs? lol

The idea of Pac-Man being in is so boring to me. At least other contenders like both Ryu's (I'm serious), Snake, Sonic, and Lloyd have something that really sticks out. I love how Capcom had to resort to giving him a mech to be playable.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah well I... I mean... Well, my girlfriend really likes using Toon Link. So I want him to stay so she can be happy. She also really likes Ike too. Please don't cut them Sakurai. Or at least replace Toon Link with Ghirahim for her since she really wants him in Smash too.
So what's her name? :D

And what color is her hair?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Second, I put these characters down because I view them as competition against the other characters I would like in Smash. Just like they put down Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog in favor of other characters.
In other words. You say ridiculous things because the good ideas get bet by your bizarre ideas.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just recruited a guy with an awesome pokemon, but my party was full. I can't figure out how to get him on my team!

Edit: I got this. This game isn't as intuitive as others in it's genre

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
NOT WHITE AND SHE DOESN'T WEAR RED GLASSES OR ANY GLASSES AT ALL unless she's not feeling well or just feels extra lazy.

I can't say her name because then Shorts will stalk her since she lives near him.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
NOT WHITE AND SHE DOESN'T WEAR RED GLASSES OR ANY GLASSES AT ALL unless she's not feeling well or just feels extra lazy.
Awww.. that's disappointing.

But they aren't things that we can't change. Keep me updated. ;)

Thanks bud, you're the best. <3

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Needs? lol

The idea of Pac-Man being in is so boring to me. At least other contenders like both Ryu's (I'm serious), Snake, Sonic, and Lloyd have something that really sticks out. I love how Capcom had to resort to giving him a mech to be playable.
Ryu? Haha ya his move list would bore the world. Not a good Capcom third party representitive. As for the Pac-man comment you made I understand. He may not be for everyone but for Nostalgia sake I think it would be really cool. I doubt they would give him a Mech in this. Im sure they could figure something out for him moveset wise.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh but you know Pac-Man is Miyamoto's favorite character and he can just do whatever he wants to Sakurai's game.

Y'know.

Y'KNOW.

@Heels: You're getting nothing but more swap notes.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Oh but you know Pac-Man is Miyamoto's favorite character and he can just do whatever he wants to Sakurai's game.

Y'know.

Y'KNOW.

@Heels: You're getting nothing but more swap notes.
Miyamoto said that? When? Well if that's the case what are they waiting for?! Lets see Pac-Man in Smash! Oya and with a 4 ghost or a Ms. Pac-Man assist throphy with a few good ol remixes of the music.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oops, you just reminded me I never even downloaded that. O_O Thanks. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Smashchu, I am sorry I am not part of this hive mind where everyone on the Internet hates Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog. I am sorry I have an independent mind that thinks differently from you and your brood. It's just that.... ahh, if everyone shared the same opinions, life would be boring as evidenced by all these near-identical conservative rosters I see floating around here. Although the fact they are near-identical tells me there are traces of individuality in each member within the hive mind and that gives me hope. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ryu Hayabusa? Haha ya his move list would excite the world. A perfect Tecmo Koei third party representitive. As for the Kasumi comment you made I understand. She may be for everyone but for Nostalgia sake I think it would be really lame. I doubt they would give her some conservative clothing in this. Im sure they could not figure something out for her moveset wise.
Fixed. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Smashchu, I am sorry I am not part of this hive mind where everyone on the Internet hates Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog. I am sorry I have an independent mind that thinks differently from you and your brood. It's just that.... ahh, if everyone shared the same opinions, life would be boring as evidenced by all these near-identical conservative rosters I see floating around here. Although the fact they are near-identical tells me there are traces of individuality in each member within the hive mind and that gives me hope. :awesome:
You will be assimilated. If you struggle, we shall terminate you instead. The hive must feed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL :laugh: Very funny. It's just that we all like different characters and we would like to play as our favorite characters. We all just want to have fun playing as our favorite characters in Smash. Life would be so simple that way, right? Yeah... except we are well aware that there is a limited number of slots and we come up with arbitrary numbers of slots we think the next Smash might have. Some of us suggest cutting characters to make room for other characters or replacing characters with other but similar characters. We get overzealous as we prop our favorite characters and rip down the competition as evidenced by all the character bashing we are all guilty of. We are all passionate about our favorite characters and we want to play as them in Smash.

Bowser Jr., Waluigi, and Geno? I like them in the Mario games but I want Toad in Smash more. Of course I am going to glorify Toad and put down the competition. I do it with my favorite characters. You all do it with your favorite characters. But what I find disheartening is hating characters for no good reason. Some people don't want certain characters in Smash not because they stand in the way of their favorite characters getting in Smash but because they just plain hate them. Okay, so you hate them? That's nice, now beat them up with your favorite characters. I mean, it is all subjective that it's impossible for any Smash roster to please everyone on the whole planet. Of course there are bound to be some characters you like and some characters you hate in Smash. Some people here act like Sakurai has to make a SSB4 roster that pleases everyone. Why would they want Sakurai to set himself up for failure?

Honestly, I don't expect all of my favorite characters to be playable in Smash. Even if Tingle or Duck Hunt Dog aren't playable in Smash, there will be other characters I want in Smash who will end up being playable in Smash anyway. There are 20+ characters I want in Smash but I don't expect them all to be playable in Smash! I know it was repetitive but I had to make myself clear. Sometimes I get the feeling that some people think I am counting all the ducks before they are shot. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon conquest is forcing me to have a jiggleypuff in my party...

:(

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Waluigi is the 14th most wanted character.

I hate the world.
Wait this is the character ranking for Smash 4? Why are characters like Mario,Pikachu, Link etc. in this list? Isnt this for characters who are not in Smash Bros. yet? O and it's real nice to see Waluigi 14th. Maybe he will make it in the roster afterall!

Written by R.O.B.
Ryu Hayabusa? Haha ya his move list would excite the world. A perfect Tecmo Koei third party representitive. As for the Kasumi comment you made I understand. She may be for everyone but for Nostalgia sake I think it would be really lame. I doubt they would give her some conservative clothing in this. Im sure they could not figure something out for her moveset wise.

Hmmmmm not sure if I like this reedit of my post haha

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wait this is the character ranking for Smash 4? Why are characters like mario,pikachu etc. in this list? Isnt this for characters who are not in Smash Bros. yet? O and it's real nice to see Waluigi 14th. Maybe he will make it in the roster afterall!
Fan votes or something along those lines

And if you like Waluigi you literally have no right to criticize others for character selection. I'm sorry-wait, no I'm not.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
The title says Character Daadoo (Data?). This is probably a ranking list. I do love that Miku's in it.
That is the worst list I have ever seen. DARK PIT! WALUIGI! ANIME CHARACTERS! The ****, Japan?! Good thing Sakurai's polling method is far more reliable and I'm sure he's aware how bull**** this article(whatever it is) is.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Please, America's list would be much, much worse. Mostly because it would have a severe lack of Miku. My guess is that the anime girl with 10 points is from a game though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Heya guys! I haven't been on in a while, but I do have some news: I've got tickets to the EB expo come this October (although there is a slight chance I won't be able to go because of bad timing buuuuuut here's hoping *fingers crossed* )! Gonna be a blast and if I see anything new i'll be sure to let you guys know! ^^

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The title says Character Daadoo (Data?). This is probably a ranking list. I do love that Miku's in it.
It says Character Derby...like a race. As for Sakurai's message on his twitter, it basically translates to:

"Received the Nindori's interview. Pit got first place in the popularity poll?!" I have no idea what Nindori is or what this interview is. I am not sure it is sanctioned by Nintendo or not but Sakurai seems to know what Nindori is and a little about the popularity contest. I couldn't make out the smaller type below the bold heading type.

EDIT: Something about a questionnaire and ranking. I guess I'll do some snooping around and try to find out what this Nindori is.

EDIT: Nindori Magazine

CORRECTION: I am pretty sure Sakurai says first place despite Pit getting 3rd. Straaaanage....

yani

Smash Lord
At least Sonic is on it :sonic:. There's a small list on the right side of the lower ranked characters as well.

:phone:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, I bought the magazine but the one Sakurai posted is much different from the one I bought despite it being a recent issue...

[COLLAPSE="Nindori Magazine pictures"]

[/COLLAPSE]

So Sakurai maybe received a different magazine from what I bought because it clearly shows Mario won the content; not Pit.

I am trying to translate the text but I won't have a full translation until tomorrow or the weekend most likely. Here is a very rough translation:

Here is the monthly total votes for the "Favorite Characters" questionnaire. These are the ranking results. We didn't see much change in the order of ranking this month too which is kind of strange! This month, the attention is on Pit as he soars! And now will the focus be on a Fire Emblem: Kakusei character!?

In my magazine:
1) Mario
2) Link
3) Pit
4) Kirby
5) Luigi
6) Yoshi
7) Kariya Masaki (Inazuma 11)
8) Pikachu
9) Ike
10) Palutena
11) Bowser
12) Samus
13) Karino Ranmaru (Inazuma 11)
14) Black Pit
15) Kouen Jishuuya (Inazuma 11)
16) Hatsune Miku
17) Minamisawa Atsushi (Inazuma 11)
18) Giraham
19) Black Kyurem
20) Wario
21) Toad
22) Zelda
23) Daisy
24) Shindou Takuto (Inazuma 11)
25) Teresa? (Mario)
26) Fox
27) Bass (Megaman)
28) Marth
29) Inazuma 11 character
30) Inazuma 11 character

Too many Inazuma 11 characters! However, by looking at the list, I can tell Sakurai had no hand in this survey. I think it was a open poll for anyone to enter a character in. All of my students are crazy over the show and have all the merchandise from it so no wonder so many characters got into the roster. However, if I do recall, Nintendo did publish several Inazuma 11 DS games so it;s entirely not impossible.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You have a very backwards world view. Sakurai's first rule for adding characters is that they have to make people want to play the game. You can tell what those characters might be from our discussions. You, on the other hand, have character picks no one wants. Yet, rather than except that, you keep trying to ram rod Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle and Meowth. We know they aren't getting in, yet we discuss them far more than we should because you keep trying the same arguments and lose. We are all individual. Most of us just hate your ideas and you have to accept that.

I say you are worse than Diddy because Diddy will talk about other stuff too. Some people like his suggestions. On the other hand, you will only talk about those three characters and try to shift discussion in that direction. It's not that we are a hive mind. it's that your a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom