• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Go die in a hole.
Also, if you like Lapras, you literally have no right to criticize others for anything at all.
Very well said! No wonder you're a hardened badass rebel who stands up for the truth and "doesn't take crap from anyone!" If only I acted in a similar fashion, I might be able to achieve the same level of respect! But alas!

On topic, I feel like this is just the Japanese version of something like IGN/Gamespot Smash Bros reporting in our country.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
ok one thing i would like to know; up to how many playable characters do you guys think is logical? i normally thought 50 characters was good enough, but others want ridley or dixie kong. maybe 60 might be decent enough, but i think thats pushing it too far.
50 initially, then maybe 55-60 with DLC.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ok one thing i would like to know; up to how many playable characters do you guys think is logical? i normally thought 50 characters was good enough, but others want ridley or dixie kong. maybe 60 might be decent enough, but i think thats pushing it too far.
The general number people use is 53 or 54 depending on if they add a random slot. That includes Sheik, Zamus, and the Trainer's Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The general number people use is 53 or 54 depending on if they add a random slot. That includes Sheik, Zamus, and the Trainer's Pokemon.
Random is pretty much optional, and for the transformation characters, there's always the way that Zelda/Sheik is handled.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I expect 50 slots, personally. As in, 54 characters when Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon are taken into consideration.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I expect 50 slots, personally. As in, 54 characters when Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and the Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon are taken into consideration.
This.

It can't be too hard to implement at least 15 new character (slots), now can it?

As for totals... SSB had 12, Melee had 26, Brawl had 39 I estimate SSB4 could have as high as 51-52 with transformations.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Currently, the most powerful pokemon in my pokemon conquest (Including pokemon owned by enemies) is a Charizard that can only get to 70% Link AND owned by someone that isn't even a main character. He's just some chump I recruited.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I doubt that magazine has any more bearing on the Smash roster than any other typical character poll from another gaming magazine/site. Sakurai probably just tweeted it because Pit was number one. It is nice to see some Japanese character lists as opposed to the ones we usually see though, and I really didn't expect some of those characters to be so high up.

As to Miku being on both...

...not that she'll ever get into Smash...

As for roster numbers, I'm guessing Smash 4 will have around 48 characters, 52-53 including transformations at most.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ok, I bought the magazine but the one Sakurai posted is much different from the one I bought despite it being a recent issue...

[COLLAPSE="Nindori Magazine pictures"]

[/COLLAPSE]

So Sakurai maybe received a different magazine from what I bought because it clearly shows Mario won the content; not Pit.

I am trying to translate the text but I won't have a full translation until tomorrow or the weekend most likely. Here is a very rough translation:

Here is the monthly total votes for the "Favorite Characters" questionnaire. These are the ranking results. We didn't see much change in the order of ranking this month too which is kind of strange! This month, the attention is on Pit as he soars! And now will the focus be on a Fire Emblem: Kakusei character!?

In my magazine:
1) Mario
2) Link
3) Pit
4) Kirby
5) Luigi
6) Yoshi
7) Kariya Masaki (Inazuma 11)
8) Pikachu
9) Ike
10) Palutena
11) Bowser
12) Samus
13) Karino Ranmaru (Inazuma 11)
14) Black Pit
15) Kouen Jishuuya (Inazuma 11)
16) Hatsune Miku
17) Minamisawa Atsushi (Inazuma 11)
18) Giraham
19) Black Kyurem
20) Wario
21) Toad
22) Zelda
23) Daisy
24) Shindou Takuto (Inazuma 11)
25) Teresa? (Mario)
26) Fox
27) Bass (Megaman)
28) Marth
29) Inazuma 11 character
30) Inazuma 11 character

Too many Inazuma 11 characters! However, by looking at the list, I can tell Sakurai had no hand in this survey. I think it was a open poll for anyone to enter a character in. All of my students are crazy over the show and have all the merchandise from it so no wonder so many characters got into the roster. However, if I do recall, Nintendo did publish several Inazuma 11 DS games so it;s entirely not impossible.
I don't think it has anything to do specifically to Smash, but it's still interesting to see the results (which are different than I would've thought).

Oasis_S said:

D

Deleted member

What's with Japan and Inazuma Eleven?
I'd expect them to want Layton more...

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The girl from Black Rock Shooter is way better. >__> (Can't remember her name :laugh: )

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Apparently football game with RPQ elements and shota boys seems to sell as much hotcakes as Angry Birds lately (Maan, Finland's now putting that brand everywhere they can imagine... Fazer now made candy products based on it. (-l_l-);;;/

D

Deleted member

Not trying to "overthink" things like John claims, but with he fact that the games that were released in Europe for that series were published by Nintendo, while by Level-5 in Japan, a character is completely elligible as much as Layton is.

Granted, this doesn't mean much, so whatever. It's just a popularity contest rather than a poll Sakurai made for characters people want.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Apparently football game with RPQ elements and shota boys seems to sell as much hotcakes as Angry Birds lately (Maan, Finland's now putting that brand everywhere they can imagine... Fazer now made candy products based on it. (-l_l-);;;/
Yeah I've seen those candies here in Sweden. Angry Birds seems to be everywhere LOL

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm surprised to see Waluigi as high as he is, even for this poll. Meh.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Sakurai tweeted a picture of a Nindori magazine that had a character popularity poll, and Pit was #1.
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/215707283961823232/photo/1

Then Venus got another Nindori magazine that has a similar character poll but with different results.

I don't think it has anything to do specifically to Smash, but it's still interesting to see the results (which are different than I would've thought).
Can anyone tell me more about following characters?
7, 12, 13, 18 and 19

And 11 is Marth? Or someone else?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That magazine has Viridi higher than Palutena. I think we should go with that

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sakurai tweeted a picture of a Nindori magazine that had a character popularity poll, and Pit was #1.
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/215707283961823232/photo/1

Then Venus got another Nindori magazine that has a similar character poll but with different results.
Now I can read the actual tweet. Says that he just got done with an interview for the magazine and that's he's surprised that Pit's #1. So I'm guessing the issue that Sakurai has is more recent...

Anyway here's some music:

Startropics - Dungeon Theme

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can anyone tell me more about following characters?
7, 12, 13, 18 and 19

And 11 is Marth? Or someone else?
7) Krom
12) Miku Hatsune
13) Viridi
18) Karino Ranmaru (Inazuma 11)
19) Gaia (from Awakening)

11 is Marth.

The girl from Black Rock Shooter is way better. >__> (Can't remember her name :laugh: )
It's true! ^_^
I love both, but BRS will always be my favorite. (Who is actually called Black Rock Shooter most of the time, but her real name is Mato Kuroi) :shades::woman:

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Oasis_S said:
11 and 12 are both Marth.
:laugh::joyful::laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IN startropics 2, the main character receives a Katana from Leonardo (Davinci)

So. Ninja Turtles

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh but... I mean... well it was a pretty funny joke you see...

*kicks dust*
I was going to comment about that. XD He missed it.

It's true! ^_^
I love both, but BRS will always be my favorite. (Who is actually called Black Rock Shooter most of the time, but her real name is Mato Kuroi) :shades::woman:

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
So gorgeous! I saw a cosplayer dress up as her and she even made the weapon, it was so pretty! Of course, I never actually approached her. :laugh: Darn!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I still wonder why there are characters that are in the roster already,SO IS IT SMASH OR NOT?!?!
I guess the magazine does a monthly content on what characters are popular or not or at least that's what I got from the text. It keeps mentioning monthly and next month and so on. I think it is just ranking characters by how popular they are and has no direct connection to Smash. However, since Smash is partially a popularity contest, it has sime bearing to find out what characters are popular in Japan.

Sorry if this has been said.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^ wait that's Miku?

the F***?
No, that's Black Rock Shooter, who has a similar design to Miku, and are often shown together since the Miku Hatsune song Black Rock Shooter, which really make BRS popular.

So gorgeous! I saw a cosplayer dress up as her and she even made the weapon, it was so pretty! Of course, I never actually approached her. :laugh: Darn!
I've considered cosplaying as her a couple times, but I don't want to without the Rock Cannon, which I have no idea how to go about getting/making. For now I'll just stick to "cosplaying" as Miku and her Stylish but uncomfortable tie. :laugh::awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom