• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hyper, your logic is that "Oh, he's not hated in a majority of the world, so he MUST be popular", when all it really is is "He's not hated in a majority of the world, so.......he must not be hated in a majority of the world".

Remember, just because someone doesn't hate something doesn't mean they like it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Popularity doesn't necessarily translate to "wanted for Smash" either.

Y'know, like the duck hunting dog.

I was going to say Waluigi too, but unfortunately loads of people want him for no reason.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Um... You forgot Bowser. And Meta Knight. And the Ice Climbers.
I planned on having them unlockable, preferably early
"Man no MetaKnight, I wonder what all the fuss is abou-
HOLY ****ING **** THIS IS AWESOME!!"
ICs are there, I wouldn't forget to make my favourite characters playable from the beginning lol

Sadly, mai boi Thrillhouse supports Tingle. It's okay, he'll get over said disease... I hope! :awesome: :smirk: ;) :psycho: :shades:
Your hate makes me stronger

Here is the link. Please note like at least 90% of it is on Kid Icarus Uprising. There was some other information from Nintendo Power, where basically Sakurai stated that Smash Wii U and 3DS were in the "first stage of development." (sorry for not finishing that last statement)
Am I the only one who gets the impression that Sakurai is full of himself at least a little? If the game didn't do well it's because we are prejudiced and can't appreciate his genius?

Speaking of unappreciated genius, here is my final roster

:troll:

D

Deleted member

He never said that.
He just said that it recieved its share of prejudice, like Smash and Uprising did in the beginning.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No, it doesn't make sense for Tingle to be a character because he went from stage element to Assist Trophy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No, it doesn't make sense for Tingle to be a character because he went from stage element to Assist Trophy.
King Dedede: background appearance in Dream Land (SSB), trophy in Melee, playable in Brawl

Ridley: background appearance in Planet Zebes (SSB), trophy in Melee, boss in Brawl, and fans want Ridley to be playable in SSB4

But it is somehow wrong for fans to want Tingle to be playable in SSB4?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Opinion myopia much? It seems that you guys seem shocked and appalled that characters like Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog actually do have fans who would like them in Smash. :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Opinion myopia much? It seems that you guys seem shocked and appalled that characters like Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog actually do have fans who would like them in Smash. :troll:
Opinion? I'd call it denial. :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
SmashChu, who do you think is "next in line" as a Zelda newcomer. I don't recall you having one on your roster, but I was just curious who you think it'd be if we did have one.

Also for some reason I don't think Toon Link will be coming back. Relevancy issues coupled with that style supposedly not planned to come back in future Zelda games.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
King Dedede: background appearance in Dream Land (SSB), trophy in Melee, playable in Brawl

Ridley: background appearance in Planet Zebes (SSB), trophy in Melee, boss in Brawl, and fans want Ridley to be playable in SSB4

But it is somehow wrong for fans to want Tingle to be playable in SSB4?
I hope you do realize that Sakurai didn't look at his background appearance, trophy appearance, and found that to fulfill character criteria.

Please tell me you realize this.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Jumpman vs Pac-man vs Mega Man vs Bomberman vs Rayman...

Manly.
People dont realize that this game needs Pac-Man. Not to mention Pac-Man has already been on Mario Kart Arcade and Namco let Nintendo make their own version of Pac-Man by using GBA and GC connectivity.

Also wouldnt it be cooler to say...
Jumpman vs. Pac-Man vs. Rock Man vs. Rayman?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yani's getting all the news it looks like. Nice job. :D

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You mean just like we like Waluigi and Dr. Mario and clones? Exactly.

Don't be a hypocrite, dude.
If you're referring to my brief trolling there, I don't like nor hate any of those characters that you listed, can't really be a hypocrite then. :smirk:

Liking a character is okay, but shoving them down people's throats and making them bigger than they are is what sets most people, including me, off on this thread (Impa!!). Besides, a troll war was going on at the time anyway, nothing to really take seriously.

Wow, that's surprisingly early. Lets just cross our fingers that we can get more info out of it than the E3 conference.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you're referring to my brief trolling there, I don't like nor hate any of those characters that you listed, can't really be a hypocrite then. :smirk:
I was referring to Arc there. You weren't a hypocrite at all.

Liking a character is okay, but shoving them down people's throats and making them bigger than they are is what sets most people, including me, off on this thread (Impa!!). Besides, a troll war was going on at the time anyway, nothing to really take seriously.
Well, like I said earlier, Tingle is a pretty popular character among the whole world. Most popular, nah. But definitely is a majority among the fans.

But so are a lot of other characters. If only ones I liked were much more popular. :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Got pokemon conquest. It's pretty fun for the little time I've had to play it

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
NicoNicoDouga!! what are we all expecting from Nintendo Direct?
(and just so we're clear... i heard about this before i came here and saw yani's post)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
First of all, I am not shocked or appalled that Waluigi, Dr. Mario, clones, etc. have fans. I don't really care if they got a fanbase or a hatebase that much.

Second, I put these characters down because I view them as competition against the other characters I would like in Smash. Just like they put down Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog in favor of other characters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Had to look it up what Fatal Frame was at first. lol

Interesting stuff there, even more working together with Temco Koei. I doubt it'll effect Smash in anyway, but more TK collaboration gives me even a better feeling towards Ryu H getting in.

Ah okay, my bad then. :laugh:

But so are a lot of other characters. If only ones I liked were much more popular. :urg:
There's a reason they're called Dream Rosters...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Cite your sources plz. Tingle is almost universally disliked (not necessarily hated) in the west.
And most of the world universally likes him. Also, he's not even that anymore in the West. We're more annoyed we didn't get his games themselves than hating him.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
First of all, I am not shocked or appalled that Waluigi, Dr. Mario, clones, etc. have fans. I don't really care if they got a fanbase or a hatebase that much.

Second, I put these characters down because I view them as competition against the other characters I would like in Smash. Just like they put down Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog in favor of other characters.
Competition against other characters, eh? Why don't more people bring that point up? Therein lies why I don't condone bringing Roy back; there are other Fire Emblem characters I'd rather see. That's why I don't mind if Lucas doesn't return; I can expect in the low-to-mid 50s quantity in the character roster, but not quite 60, and I'd have traded Lucas for Ridley or Samurai Goroh to be playable. That's why I don't want Toon Link to return; his competitor, Young Link, had better games than Toon L.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And most of the world universally likes him. Also, he's not even that anymore in the West. We're more annoyed we didn't get his games themselves than hating him.
Well, I have to admit... I was annoyed with the Triforce fetch quest in Wind Waker but I didn't blame that on Tingle. That's on the game programmers who didn't even bother to throw in a couple more dungeons for those Triforce pieces. At least let Tingle decipher the maps for the locations of the extra dungeons. That would have been better, at least. And I am kinda bugged that that Tingle wasn't in the last couple Zelda games. Sure, we had Purlo in Twilight Princess but it's not the same. I mean, we had those gay clowns living in Lake Hylia and they are way creepier (at least the taller one) than Tingle will ever be. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Hyper, your logic is that "Oh, he's not hated in a majority of the world, so he MUST be popular", when all it really is is "He's not hated in a majority of the world, so.......he must not be hated in a majority of the world".

Remember, just because someone doesn't hate something doesn't mean they like it.
This post needs to be brought up again.

Not hated =/= Well liked. It just means they aren't hated.

D

Deleted member

You don't speak for all of us GTA. Don't hate unless you know exactly what you're hating.

I'm actually interested on localizing, as it looks right up my ally in terms of crazyness and vulgarity like the WarioWare series. Too bad I can't read Japanese, or I'd do the same with Color Changing Love Balloon Trip.
That being said, I wouldn't mind Tingle in Smash, but I severely doubt his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom