• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Hope namco makes the new Smash Bros WiiU technical its most likely :3
Melee!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
By the way, this isn't the first time Nintendo and Namco-Bandai have collaborated on a game before.

(Mario Kart GP. Mario Kart meets Diddy Kong Racing, sort of; but arcade and Japan only.)
Don't forget Link in SoulCalibur. It looks like Namco is finally returning the favor. :awesome:

And Mario Kart GP wasn't Japan only, but it was one hell of a waste of quarters. :laugh:

Considering most of Nintendo and Namco's collaborations involve Pac-Man, I'd guess that might bode well for his chances, but really I think right now it's a toss up between alot of different Namco characters. Pac-Man would probably be the most recognizable. Plus he's more of an "All-Star" than most of Namco's other protagonists, although I'm guessing he wouldn't be the most requested.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, you played it? It's seriously the only Digimon game I've played and the only reason I still care about it at all, lol. I tried watching the anime again just for KICKS, and... I couldn't do it.

I remembered I had that game some summers ago, and I played the hell out of it. Seriously. I did just about everything you could do in it. I had ALL OF THE DIGIMON at least once. It's also what made me realize I love Etemon.

"Even monkeys fall from trees. FLYING KNEE DROP!"

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I sure didn't. I'm going back to my roster and adding one. The only trouble now is who I'm going to pick. :laugh:

I'd rather have Lloyd or Pacman over someone from SoulCalibur or Tekken, but right now I really don't know who the most likely Namco character is.
Ive had Pac-Man in my list since 2009! I know he will be in this game now. I think a Soul Calibur character would be fun like Nightmare or Yoshimitsu but Its all about the Pac-Man!

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think pac-man will be an assist I just can't grasp my head around him fighting either him or those ghost Things will be an assist probably

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Pac-Man can't fight, I doubt they have any other good characters worth adding. Maybe a stage or something. Wouldn't expect Namco representation to skyrocket or anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He's been in both fighting games AND platforming games. Since Smash is both, seems like he could do nicely

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't forget Link in SoulCalibur. It looks like Namco is finally returning the favor. :awesome:

And Mario Kart GP wasn't Japan only, but it was one hell of a waste of quarters. :laugh:

Considering most of Nintendo and Namco's collaborations involve Pac-Man, I'd guess that might bode well for his chances, but really I think right now it's a toss up between alot of different Namco characters. Pac-Man would probably be the most recognizable. Plus he's more of an "All-Star" than most of Namco's other protagonists, although I'm guessing he wouldn't be the most requested.
True, and apparently I forgot Baten Kaitos Origins (which, to be fair, I did not know about since I never got into that series).

I guess my point was in hindsight, Namco and Nintendo have collaborated quite a bit in the past, so it makes sense that Nintendo would team up with them for such a large undertaking. While I had thought they'd turn to Capcom, this is probably the next best thing.

I don't know whether Namco will try and weasel in one of their other characters. Chances are somebody will probably say something, but whether it happens or not is a whole different thing. Pac Man would probably make the most sense, although still surprising, out of anyone they could possibly put in.

Oh, you played it? It's seriously the only Digimon game I've played and the only reason I still care about it at all, lol. I tried watching the anime again just for KICKS, and... I couldn't do it.

I remembered I had that game some summers ago, and I played the hell out of it. Seriously. I did just about everything you could do in it. I had ALL OF THE DIGIMON at least once. It's also what made me realize I love Etemon.

"Even monkeys fall from trees. FLYING KNEE DROP!"
I played a lot of Digimon games as a kid. I played the sequel to Digimon World, played some trading card game they had for the PSX, and a Digimon fighting game.

D

Deleted member

Ah, it has Metal Greymon on the cover.

THE digimon, and defeater of Etemon
Not really. It was SaberLeomon with the help of Zudomon that did Etemon in as MetalEtemon.

EDIT: There was a Digimon Smash Bros. clone series, so clearly, a Digimon is the best choice for a NB character. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Balancing ftfw. Go Sora-Nintendo-Namco-Bandai team up.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyways, about Pacman. If he functions like he does in Street Fighter X Tekken, I guess he could work. I'm more interested in what kind of input, if any, Namco might have in Nintendo content. I'm sure it will be small regardless, but I'm just curious about the type of influence they might bring to the table.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think a Digimon with a digivolution gimmick would be neat. Would be something like Lucario's aura or the Trainer's stamina. If you take a lot of damage, I guess you could evolve into either Greymon or MetalGreymon, but if you evolve into MetalGreymon, then instead of turning back into Agumon, you'd become a rather useless Koromon for a time. Final Smash would probably be called "Warp Digivolve" to become WarGreymon no matter what you are.

THAT'S BASICALLY FIVE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS IN ONE THOUGH.

Not expecting any of this by the way, lol.

http://youtu.be/gMvseqn5fSI

And no, Leomon doesn't die. I think when he joins the city he just sits around like a lazy bum in Birdramon's place. Whatever he did, he was useless because I don't remember talking to him much.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, about that....Etemon didn't die from that.

He was sent to Digimon Limbo, absorbed the Dark Network to digivolve into MetalEtemon, came back for revenge, was destroyed by SaberLeomon (Leomon's Mega form) after Zudomon laid a big crack in his metal body, but he previously struck SaberLeomon with Black Lightning, or whatever, that fatally wounded SaberLeomon which ended up killing Leomon after MetalEtemon was destroyed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUrIoYJL8Nk (Sorry for Spanish audio; couldn't find English)

@Oasis: Wow, for once Leomon or a Leomon variant doesn't die. Shame that he was lazy and useless, though.
Also, I have a system I made (with help from a couple of balancers) for Agumon/Greymon/MetalGreymon (virus) for Super Smash Bros. Crusade (Agumon is planned for "DLC"/Expansion). I'll send it through PM.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Anyways, about Pacman. If he functions like he does in Street Fighter X Tekken, I guess he could work. I'm more interested in what kind of input, if any, Namco might have in Nintendo content. I'm sure it will be small regardless, but I'm just curious about the type of influence they might bring to the table.
Possibly alot of dlc primarily I think they'll focus on that stages and the 3ds

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't really care for any third party from Namco Bandai out of SC and .hack, so, I don't care for what characters they could bring. I wanna see what they can do to make the game not be awful. With those big names, plus the Nintendo names... the game could surpass Melee and Brawl in all aspects... potentially.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well. Sega and Nintendo's relationship is extremely good so I know Sonic is going to be in it as for Megaman maybe this is the comeback Capcom was talking about
I wouldn't quite say Sonic is in it for sure. He might of been a one-time deal considering they are "guest" characters.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Whoa Whoa WHOA!!!

TRIVIA
Mario creater, Shigeru Miyamoto, has stated that Pac-Man is his favorite video game character.
Pac-Man and Mario share a huge rivalry. The names however have a big comparisson as Mario was originally known as "Jumpman" sounding similar to "Pac-Man".

sigh... Pacman for..... smsh~... PACMAN FOR SMASH!!!

[COLLAPSE="Taken from PacMan's Wikia page"]Abilities

Pac-Man has different abilities on his own and from Power Ups found in the Pac-Man World games.

Butt Bounce

This attack can be used by jumping with the X button, then pressing it again while in air. There is a rare power-up where if the player touches it, Pac-Man gains the ability to do a Super Butt Bounce where if the player does the control for a normal butt bounce, a huge explosion will occur and any enemies in a certain radius will be terminated. It can only be used once per power-up.

Rev Roll

Pac-Man will run in place at a high speed and releasing the button will have him roll into a ball in any direction in which he is pointed. Using the Rev Roll on a ramp will send him high into the air. It can be used to destroy most enemies.

Pac-Dot Shoot

If Pac-Man has at least one Pac-Dot he can shoot one from his hand like a bullet and damage enemies.

Super Pac-Dot Shoot

This attack is a stronger form of the previous attack. To use this attack, hold down the O button and Pac-Man will do the exact same thing, except he will spin around and then shoot a huge blast of Pac-Dots from his hand. There is also a requirement for this attack. Pac-Man must have at least 10 Pac-Dots to use it.

Swim

If Pac-Man enters water, he instantly floats on the water. To go underwater, press and hold the triangle button. To go back to the surface, press and hold the X button. Pac-Man can do a dolphin flip if you jump out of the water while holding the X button.

Flip Kick

By jumping in the air, and pressing the Square or X buttons, Pac-Man jumps in the air, and flips with his foot extended. This can be used to smash high up boxes.

Steel Body

Using the Steel Ball Power Up, Pac-Man's body will become steel and he can't hardly be damaged. He can stand on fire and walk across lava.

Tiny Pac/Shrink Pellet

Using the Shrink Pellet Pac-Man will shrink in size and will be able to go through small doors. But enemies can squish him like a bug. Pac-Man is very good at using this ability. It is very uncommon for him to be attacked when he is very small.

In Pac-Man World 3

In this game, the Butt Bounce, the Rev Roll and the Flip Kick are also used.

Punch

Using the O or B button, Pac-Man can punch at enemies.

Electro Shock

With the Electro-Shock Power Pellet, Pac-Man can also perform an Electric Shock with the same button command. Pac-Man will be able to shoot electricity from his hands and can damage or stun enemies.

Triple Butt Bounce

If you hit the X or A button 4 times, Pac-Man will preform a Triple Butt Bounce. A small shockwave comes out of Pac-Man. It can kill up to 2 enemies at a time.[/COLLAPSE]

make a moveset, he's gonna be in this game.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Digimon can go **** itself.

I second that motion. When Digimon names make "Amoongus" sound decent, you know you've crossed the threshold into ****ing ********.

Also, I really don't think the whole Miaymoto-Pacman circle jerk means anything for Smash. Pacman is the definition of a character that Sakurai would not want in his game. Like I've said before, Third Parties are a huge deal and they need to earn their spot. Pacman would have to be PRETTY ****ing interesting to be added, and as we all know... he isn't.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Theres a reason Digimon has been dead for years and why Pokemon is still successful. Noone wants Digimon in Smash.....Keep that ish out!

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't quite say Sonic is in it for sure. He might of been a one-time deal considering they are "guest" characters.
Nah. With all the Mario vs Sonic stuff and the Olympic games they've put out Sonic is probably going to be a veteran atleast I hope so I wanna see Mario and Sonic team up in sse2

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If I had to choose a Namco character, I swear I wouldn't know which one to choose.

I love Namco games, but I haven't exactly gotten to love any one of its characters.

... Sure I could go with Pac Man, if all else fails. Who hasn't played Pac Man?

My runner ups would be a Soul Calibur character. And 3rd.. maybe Klonoa.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Namco will defer to Sakurai in choosing what to include and how to represent different Nintendo series, as all previous Smash developers have done as well. I think the only input they might have would be in some gameplay mechanics (not changing the Smash style, just adding their own touch, and perhaps refining combat a bit), and Namco-owned content. I think they will let Sakurai make all the major decisions such as roster and new elements. I also believe (and hope) that only one Namco character will make it as playable, and Namco will have representation equal to that of the other third parties.

I hope that with a large portion of Namco and Sora working on it, development might not take as long as it did for Brawl, but even if it does, I'll be satisfied knowing that at least balancing will almost assuredly be better.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nah. With all the Mario vs Sonic stuff and the Olympic games they've put out Sonic is probably going to be a veteran atleast I hope so I wanna see Mario and Sonic team up in sse2

That is true but I wouldn't say it's a done deal. Especially with this recent Namco inclusion. Personally, I would rather not like to see Sonic or Snake in the game. Sure, he's awesome and historically important to Nintendo but I'd rather see new 3rd-party character blood in the mix.

As for Namco's involvement in Smash, I don't see them having too much sway over the character inclusion within the roster save for one or two 3rd party characters and 3rd party franchises. I more see a drastic change in game play while sticking true to the original Smash formula, an increase in graphics, a fair and balance character roster, helping create a more fulfilling and satisfactory Adventure mode, drastically improving the online mode capabilities (I am pretty sure a online ranking system is guaranteed at this point), and a return to the competitive scene while still making it enjoyable for casuals.

With Namco's wealth of experience, I forsee nothing but good things coming from this partnership.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wonder what the size of his team is now compared to the one he had in Brawl...

Brawl's main staff was about 50 people, wasn't it?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wonder what the size of his team is now compared to the one he had in Brawl...

Brawl's main staff was about 50 people, wasn't it?
Id' say 50 plus a few more people. Not sure. The article said it was the entire Tekken staff, right?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
That's A LOT of help. If the roster is less than 50 characters, they fail hard. So, who is going to help me form the Ivy coalition? Our slogan can be "Ivy Valentine: Two Big to Fail!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom