• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's some more info:

[COLLAPSE="KOS-MOS"]
KOS-MOS has significant powers believed to be superior to all other party members. In addition to superhuman strength and speed, her body is formed from some sort of highly advanced nanomachines that allows her to morph parts of her body (specifically her arms) into various energy projectile and melee weapons. This body is also able to self-repair and is very durable though not indestructible, and she is also protected by a force-shield. She also possesses the ability to summon weapons such as the F-GSHOT chainguns and her famous F-SCYTHE and equipment either from some internal chamber that compresses space or from another location via teleportation. She also has a long-range sensory array, the D.S.S.S. system and CPU that either rivals or exceeds even those possessed by Observational Realians.

She also possesses the Hilbert Effect but its power is easily thousands of times greater than that achieved by even the largest spaceships. [/COLLAPSE]

Taken from the Xenoblade wiki.
I can see her as a heavy character (about Samus's weight) that uses a good combination of melee and projectile attacks, with her melee hits having good damage and knockback.

bhdxijbhsdgfghjfsgz

I have to stop now, before I get overhyped over something that's non-existent. Ugh, I hate being a fan... boy... ish... girl... something? But yeah.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Digimon , Pac-man and Klonoa.

GREAT characters , Great series , right models for SSB Games.

Digimon vs Pokémon = Mario vs Sonic
Don't expect all three. Or Digimon at all. And Klonoa's chances are pretty low.

@augusto
I doubt we'll have that problem in Smash. :laugh:
...well maybe in Stage Builder. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pac Man is the one I'm hoping for from Namco

Edit: He's the most famous of all video game characters, aside from Mario

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
when you think Namco, what do you think of first? that's what we will probably get.
(screw bandai *shot*)
Digimon... no, i think Gundam first, then Digimon

guys, i was only pointing a flaw in the playable stature of SCV... that is all...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@Samurai
one bad point toward Soul Calibur V online was seeing "penises" on characters... HUGE
The only way that's possible is if they have some kind of system where you can create custom logos or other designs of the like. I'm willing to bet that after Mario Kart DS, Nintendo figured they'd never allow such free creativity again. Believe me, I've see so many mammaries and man-junk playing MKDS online to know this.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
when you think Namco, what do you think of first? that's what we will probably get.
(screw bandai *shot*)
Didn't we say the same thing when it came to Konami? :troll:

But yeah, that's probably the best bet. Of course, 3rd parties still haven't been confirmed yet...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why dont expect Digimon , it is good alot of people like it '-'
It's not nearly as popular or relevant as it once was, and almost definitely will not be how Namco chooses to represent itself in Smash, considering they will probably only get one character, and series like Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales, and characters like Pac-Man and even Klonoa are more popular and requested nowadays.

I'm not saying it couldn't work, but it won't happen.

edit:
Etemon transcends Digimon. You can totally expect him. Better?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
According to Gonintendo there's supposed to be a follow up later today with more information about Smash Bros. I know it's still really early but I'd love to see the Dojo launch again even if they started off with only monthly updates.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
But yeah, that's probably the best bet. Of course, 3rd parties still haven't been confirmed yet...
While true, Namco-Bandai is helping Project Sora and Nintendo, so it's a given that they're going to throw in some character of theirs. I mean, look at Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2; they both had Mario characters as well as Pac-Man and one of the ghosts, while the sequel, in addition to Pac-Man and the ghost, included Tamagotchi.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm not sure how 3rd party arrangements work... But if the guest characters provides extra income to the company, you can bet SEGA will lend Sonic again.

If the company has to pay to get the character inside the game, then they'll probably skip it this time around.

They have financial issues that have become really noticeable.

On the other hand, I want Capcom OFF this game. If they want something, they can be kind enough to provide Megaman, else case: don't touch SSB4 even with a 10 pole stick.

Though I bet they give us Megaman, but he's DLC. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
According to Gonintendo there's supposed to be a follow up later today with more information about Smash Bros. I know it's still really early but I'd love to see the Dojo launch again even if they started off with only monthly updates.
I think you mean this. But I hope I'm wrong, the more info the better. Kinda sounds like he's hoping to do another dojo in it as well.

While true, Namco-Bandai is helping Project Sora and Nintendo, so it's a given that they're going to throw in some character of theirs. I mean, look at Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2; they both had Mario characters as well as Pac-Man and one of the ghosts, while the sequel, in addition to Pac-Man and the ghost, included Tamagotchi.
I know, I know. But it might as well have been said by me instead of SmashChu or Shortie for once.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@kinky Link
they confirmed that Zero Suit Samus, Peach, Marth and Zelda will be more "curvacious" this time around. They will also include Ivy Valentine and Taki in Smash Bros. :troll:
sorry, thanks for catching that!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What is this some sort of news that happened

something about Namco or something

Did something happen that is worthy of more than mildly dull surprise?
Namco/Bandai's helping out with development of SSB4. That's basically it but, in my opinion, this is a very promising turn of events for a number of reasons because 1. Namco has a pretty strong track record 2. Namco has a lot of good connections to other third parties and plenty of experience doing collab projects and 3. this new development will probably shave off a significant amount of development time.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Ok holy freaking crap! Man I am late! Why is it that the first thing I want to know is, how does Kumaoso feel about this? Lol.

But man... As a star fox fan who grew up with the series and one who sees how absolutely dreadful assault was I was skeptical. But when I really think about it, these guys will probably be able to make this a great free for all party game with items every where and at the same time a great 1vs1 tourny game rolled into one/two.

I am tooooo excited!

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
If this game actually ends up not being bad I'll eat a whole cardboard television box.

Or something similar. I'll be very pleasantly surprised at the least.

Gotta set those expectations even lower.
I'm fairly certain that this game wont suck in the off case that it does I may actually be dissatisfied

:phone:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I try to avert knowing too much about a game without playing it myself. It makes it feel like I've already played the game before it's even out. I actually lose hype after spoilers because while it was cool to hear the announcement, it leaves me with nothing to see for myself.

The one thing we don't get to see through anouncement is how the game plays. If I expect the game to play, you know, well, I have a very real chance of ending up with Brawl fatigue after a very short time.

Also on a similar note, I don't like getting most of the newcomers out of the box and unlocking mostly veterans. We've already seen what those characters offer, let me unlock something more.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman, best part of the night.

:phone:
Thanks. I'm glad to see that I was missed. I've been lurking since about September and I made a few blog posts earlier this year but that's about it. I've been a part of this community for almost 6 years now so of course I'm going to keep coming back when new news pops up. I wouldn't be surprised if I started coming back here on a daily basis again once a trailer is actually shown.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon!

......and now......

The cheetahmen

Cheetahmen for SM4SH

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
worse than Shaq Fu? and Action 52?

it's no contest... it makes all bad/terrible/horrible games look like Devil May Cry 1 or CastleVania SotN... or Super Mario 64.

look at that!! trademarked by Bandai.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
worse than Shaq Fu? and Action 52?

it's no contest... it makes all bad/terrible/horrible games look like Devil May Cry 1 or CastleVania SotN... or Super Mario 64.

look at that!! trademarked by Bandai.
So what's next? Dr. Jekyll/Mr Hyde for Smash 4 knowing Namco-Bandai owns the game? I dread the thought.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Oasis_S: Just because Namco and/or Bandai collaborate with Sakurai and/or Sora on Smash 4 does not mean it'll even go near Nintendo vs. Namco.

Personally, I'm expecting more of a fighter with Nintendo's characters, places and items, coarse fighting game elements from Sora, and finer details and inflections from Namco and/or Bandai. Even if Namco only fine-tunes Smash 4, I trust it would still add a lot to the game and avert a lot of the dissent that people held towards Brawl... or at least make another great installment out of what would've otherwise been an utter defilement.

JPW

Smash Ace
I wonder how much of an input will Namco have when it comes to the roster.

Cause they have so many different franchises Soul Calibur(I love these games), Tekken, Tales of Symphonia, PacMan, Naruto, Time Crisis, .

It makes me wonder if they were to submit a guest character who would it be?

PacMan seems to be a logical choice. He's been in the Mario Kart Arcade GP. And has had many games on Nintendo's past consoles. And PacMan vs Mario is much like Sonic vs Mario. 2 very iconic video game characters going head to head. It's a done deal.

But what about Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia. He's part of Nintendo's history now and he's exclusive.

They could use Naruto characters as assists or mains to introduce the series to a western and european audience. It'll be like what Marth and Roy did for Melee, and what Marth and Ike did for Brawl they helped FE become a new name to the western and european market.

As for Tekken and Soul Calibur. They could fit in Smash Bros. I'd imagine Kilik, Nightmare and Jin would be the favourites. I can see Soul Edge certainly coming into play for Nightmare. And Kilik is an awesome character and that Rod is such a damn f'n good weapon. But i'm thinking these type of characters would be much better as assists or left out together.

I'm hoping Sakurai will not let them run over it with characters. I'd be happy for Pacman and Lloyd and leave it at that.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
With all these recent DLC announcments I'd like to see DLC for this game. I know Im thinking ahead but I cant help but wonder....

My only fears for this game is that they will try and shove Wii U and 3DS connectivity down our throats like how they would try with GBA/GC which I wasnt a fan. Other than that I cant wait to hear what new modes, story, and how they will utilize the gamepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom