• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just saw the 3DS XL, I'm now glad I holded off buying a 3DS. Now if you excuse me I'll be saving up now. =P
Also, someone said the Tekken team is co-working on this, is it true?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh jeez...

Namco Bandai has offered it's top men to assist in the development of Super Smash Brothers 4. Of notable acclaim, Yoshi-o Higuchi of the Tales Series, Tetsuya Akatsuka of the Soul series, and high ranking men/women of the Tekken series. (for starters)

This does not mean it will be a crossover... these are just these fine gentlemen's accolades to appease you that smash bros is in good hands... which they are.

Also, this doesn't mean Namco is making it... i mean, yeah... sure, they are making it... Nintendo and Sora Ltd. are making it with Project Sora, while getting help with the fine folks at Namco Bandai who were so generous to offer help.
Just remember these words that are coming out of this keyboard... it's not a joint venture, it's help.

well, I'm done for now... hope I have cleared any misconceptions any of you that are still left around at... 3:06 AM PST... bummer...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
3DS XL?!

C'moon Nintendo, thanks so much for ripping off my money just to make me- wait, at least it's less portable...

BTW, pretty awesome to hear that Namdai and it's best staff members is working on this. Really pumps me up now.

So should we now expect a Namco-rep? (-l.l-);;

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They made the light version first, so we'll pay MORE for the original

It's like some kind of reverse psychology or some other psuedoscience mumbo jumbo.

Brilliant!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm sure glad I waited a bit, for the inevitable larger-screen 3DS.

I mean, if they did it for the DS, why not the 3DS too? And it's getting too hard for me to keep looking at the DS Phat's tiny screen now...

No circle pad included... makes sense, I don't mind either way.

I wasn't going to trip over the same stone Three times in a row, first the GBA, then the SP came along with backlight...

Then I got the DS, and shortly after, the DS Lite came out, followed by the DSi.

Now the 3DS comes out... NOPE, this time I wait.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Does this mean we get tales characters in smash????

My body

is not ready

To tell ya something, I dunno if we should look into this as getting a new character only. I'm more interested on what this team can bring to the table to make Smash Bros better than it ever was.

yani

Smash Lord
Namco made Sluggers.
Sluggers had Dixie Kong and K.Rool.
Namco is working on Smash.
Dixie Kong and King K.Rool confirmed.

:phone:

JPW

Smash Ace

a new SSB4 Roster.

Note: Sorry about Non Specific Action Figure and Mickey Mouse looking pixelated. I'll make icons in photoshop. I have to switch to windows bootcamp to make these rosters(I have a mac, and the roster maker is in exe) I don't have photoshop installed on the windows side it's only on mac. It's a ***** of a thing. I got the icons from the net and resized them in paint cause it's all i have on windows. thus that's why they are pixelated.

If you want to know why such and such character is here please bring it up and i will gladly discuss my reasons. Or why i feel they are suitable.

JPW

Smash Ace
Toon Link is the Young Link look. And Will probably stay that way unless we get a new Zelda game with a new Style Young Link.

Ridley. Metroid needs a 2nd character. And i reckon with the loss of Charizard i made Ridley could take most of his moves. A moveset for Ridley is a lot easier than it looks.

Pacman. today we got an announcement Namco is working with Sakurai and his team on Smash Bros. We have seen Pacman pop up in Mario Kart Arcade games and we have seen him on past Nintendo consoles. He's the best bet for a Namco rep.

MIckey Mouse is a WTF Guest Character. And Epic Mickey has joined Nintendo's library. And there's always Mario vs Mickey Mouse to be debatable.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Toon Link is the Young Link look. And Will probably stay that way unless we get a new Zelda game with a new Style Young Link.
gurl Ridley is like 30 feet tall.

Pacman. today we got an announcement Namco is working with Sakurai and his team on Smash Bros. We have seen Pacman pop up in Mario Kart Arcade games and we have seen him on past Nintendo consoles. He's the best bet for a Namco rep.
Name 3 other moves other than him biting people he could possibly have.

You might as well throw Geno on that roster.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Posting the redundant size argument are we Fuujin?
I'll just leave this here.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

a new SSB4 Roster.

Note: Sorry about Non Specific Action Figure and Mickey Mouse looking pixelated. I'll make icons in photoshop. I have to switch to windows bootcamp to make these rosters(I have a mac, and the roster maker is in exiou want to know why such and such character is here please bring it up and i will gladly discuss my reasons. Or why i feel they are suitable.
I saw Layton and I got excited. Then I saw Birdo and Mickey Mouse.

And from now on I'm not sure I will be able to speculate on rosters. I can't bring myself to even consider Pacman. It's so tragic. I just meed to come to terms with it... Or I can just be like another ridiculous noob and legitimately root for nonsense characters.

Ivy and Taki for Smash 4! Oh! And Lizardman! Nice!

Can someone also tell me what this means for the gameplay? It's not going to like turn into a normal traditional fighter autism-fest, right? If anything it will just be closer to Melee? Right?!

AND now we have people saying "RIDLEY TOO BIG!" Oh my, said the fly.

JPW

Smash Ace
i'm starting to forget why i included birdo actually. I never liked Birdo either. I think at the time i was building or trying to organise the roster so it didn't look too out of place with where characters. Placement is everything.

I kind of like the idea of Mickey Mouse. And even with Wreck it Ralph. They're borrowing Boswer for a bit. So i think a Disney and Nintendo relationship is growing.

also Pacman can punch, kick and headbutt

weird it double posted must of been a glitch.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Take a good look at Bowser in 64 & Sunshine, if they can shrink him down to size then they can easily do the same for Ridley.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I would suggest that someone link a picture of Ridley from the Melee, but I feel like if we just ignore it, it will go away.

As far as Mickey Mouse goes... I wont even AGAIN go into how ridiculous the whole "x company is on good terms with Nintendo, ergo third party character confirmed", isn't there a rule that says the character has to originate from a video game to be considered?

Do not forget that some characters can get scaled up in size to fit. Life-sized pikmin at your control. I never really gave much thought to which small sized characters could get introduced.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ridley? Too big? Yeah, no, not true. Melee intro. Anyway

I'm glad that Namco is working with Sakurai on Smash Bros. I think this game is gonna be of even bigger scope than all the previous ones, so a helping hand certainly wouldn't hurt. No, this doesn't mean that Nintendo x Namco or some **** will happen because of this, lol (although I would love to see Kazuya or King or Nightmare lay the smackdown on Nintendo characters, haha). With that said, however, Pac-Man isn't really that much of a stretch at all. Everybody knows him pretty much, he's iconic to gaming. And to the people who constantly say "BUT ALL HE CAN DO IS BITE STUFF", play the Pac-Man World games. He has quite a few abilities that he can draw from there for his moveset. But that's beside the point, Ninty and Namco also got a good relationship, obviously, and Pac-Man himself has appeared on Nintendo consoles before. Hell, even good ol Miyamoto homself has worked on a Pac-Man game before, and I for one, would love to pit Mario against Pac-Man (Sonic too if he stays)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
And now there's some Animal Crossing for someone Strong.

I wonder if Sakurai was referring to Namco Bandai when he said that he'd be getting some help with balance. Would make sense when you look at NB's history with other fighting games.
Interesting. Maybe. But I don't know how balanced their other games are. Ask Kuma about that.

i feel like this Namco Bandai is helping out with Smash Bros is really going to put a really big curve ball in most people's rosters.
not only in rosters though, but in gameplay and overall moves of nintendo characters.
I don't think it will change the roster. Namco has worked with Nintendo a lot and they haven't put their own characters and stuff in (although, some times they have). I think a big thing is how big this project is. You have the Kid Icarus team, new hires and now Namco working on the game. It's going to be quite bog. Good thing I'm working on an article just on that.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
The thing people seem to be forgetting is that Kirby, Olimar, etc is that they were all introduced as the first/main characters of their series, so the creators wernt necessarily basing their size off of the other characters.

Ridley is like a main antagonist of the metroid series, when they add him they would have to add him in scale to Samus.

It would make no sense to have Ridley be shrunk in size and have Samus stay the same.
It wouldn't add up.

Now if they had added JUST Ridely, they could have made him pretty much any size they wanted, but they already have Samus, and as the Metroid games have gone to prove Rid >>>>> Samus in size by a lot.

Pretty sure Sakurai already said the main reason Ridley wasn't added as a playable character in the last smash games was because of his size.

Edit: or something about him being awkward or slow or some ****

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
The thing people seem to be forgetting is that Kirby, Olimar, etc is that they were all introduced as the first/main characters of their series, so the creators wernt necessarily basing their size off of the other characters.

Ridley is like a main antagonist of the metroid series, when they add him they would have to add him in scale to Samus.

It would make no sense to have Ridley be shrunk in size and have Samus stay the same.
It wouldn't add up.

Now if they had added JUST Ridely, they could have made him pretty much any size they wanted, but they already have Samus, and as the Metroid games have gone to prove Rid >>>>> Samus in size by a lot.

Pretty sure Sakurai already said the main reason Ridley wasn't added as a playable character in the last smash games was because of his size.

Edit: or something about him being awkward or slow or some ****
Ridley has only ever been 3x Samus's height. It wouldn't look the slightest bit awkward having him be 2x or less. I'm tired of this ignorant argument still be spouted to this day.

This size would work perfectly. And for those who have a mental illness and think he just isn't himself at that size, then scale him up a bit more. Even if you add a bit more height and line his eyes up with Bowser's top spike it still wouldn't make him ENORMOUS and unplayable. The wings would be folded and the tail curled at his size during most all animations anyway, further reducing his frame. Its a shame that I haven't visited this board in months for this very reason and now I see that this crap is still going on.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You are definitely overthinking this, lol

And Sakurai said he never thought of Ridley being playable prior to being asked about it. He said if he were to become playable in the future, that he would be a "little on the slow side". He never actually turned down the idea of him becoming playable nor was it because of the aforementioned statement above

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I love what happens when Ridley comes into these discussions... always gets stuck at "RIDLEY ISNT TOO BIG! DIDNT YOU PLAY MELEE?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom