• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You know we have a whole stage system right? Where in the first match you can strike "neutral" stages until you are left with one. Meaning you can strike FD. When you win a game you can ban a lethal CP if you feel that strongly against FD ban that.
I know bro, just saying. I don't even like FD that much in Brawl.

Also, Falco vs. Marth is even as hell. O.o
I have a vendetta against Fox, I hope you can understand. Also when I started Melee this is what usually went down, we surprisingly didn't have that many Fox players.

Taking a look at that ScrubQuotes Twitter
Talk about the mind games and patience involved. Baiting someone like in Call of Duty. Good zoners like dhalsim are like the snipers. The series of traps that are involved in this game. Talk about how it helps ur mind games and discover what kind of person ur opponent is. Someone mentoned rock paper scizzors I think thats great but also when actual helps u improve in that game and vice versa. Everytime me and my friend decide to drive somewhere to eat, we choose who drives in a game of rock paper scissors. I end up winning most of the time until he actually learned why he lost, but I predicted that. He would go with rock most of the time and if he was losing, he would switch to the opposite. I would predict that. Learning patterns in ur opponents behavior can help in a match in ssf4. Like in rock paper scissors, the last round is so crucial. Usually I teach my opponent something about me and do a complete 180 to bluff for the win. In ssf4, learning to keep composure to clinch a win is so important. It usually separates good players from the bad. Not being hungry but being smart. U might want to save ur mix ups towards the end.
THIS IS WHAT CONSOLE GAMING HAS DONE TO THE ARCADE EXPERIENCE.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think Shortie missed the day where it was posted twice (by article) that Capcom, more specifically the maker of Megaman, is personally going to Sakurai and Sora to have him added into Smash 4.

He basically in now. Capcom=god?

@Above post: Fox hate y

@Jiggly: You don't know what flaming is if you think my nice statement was mean LOL. I told you exactly what goes on in this thread when we aren't talking about MKWii :awesome: hate it or love it son.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Telling people how they should play the game again?

Man. You're relentless. Like a ****ing pit.

Lemme spell it out for you: We don't care. We'll play the game with items on, set to high or we won't. That is the majority here. Your piddly opinion is nonexistent when it comes to the boys and girls shelling out the cash for this ****ing game.

We'll speculate on whatever permutations of the game may arise, or on whatever assumptions we have available whether you like it or not. I see nothing wrong with Smash Fan's opinions because they are just that: Opinions. Sprinkled here and there with some facts (quoting articles, pointing out game appearances, etc.), certainly, but he is not speaking for Sakurai in the slightest. He doesn't claim to be some oracular mouthpiece for the game designer. You, on the other hand, are claiming to be everything short of that in the way you present your posts.

Either speculate with the rest of us, or gtfo.

Smooth Criminal
Haha, guess what, what you said has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that the game is designed around 4 players and your saying "WE competitive players play how we want to play." Doesn't change the fact that it is designed and balanced around 4 player matches on multiple different stages with items on.

Congratulations. You won a debate we were never having.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Jill Valentine over Magaman?

WoW, I'm speechless, where did you get alot of hate for Megaman all of a sudden?

I'm sorry to say this but you're in for a big dissapointment.

:phone:
Wait, take a look. I didn't say I expect her. But I sure as heck support her. I don't hate him, I hate this "He is the best" vibe that people are giving off in this thred. I know she isn't likely, I'm not an idiot.

@Iblis,

Wooohoo! Overrated characters win again. The point of what I'm saying is being missed. I never said he wasn't likely, just some people need to open their eyes and actually take other characters into consideration instead of writing them off. Like most of you do. I mean, I can't post a moveset without getting a:

"OMG ZOROARK IS LIEK GETTING IN BEFORE HIM. END UF STOREH"

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think Shortie missed the day where it was posted twice (by article) that Capcom, more specifically the maker of Megaman, is personally going to Sakurai and Sora to have him added into Smash 4.
What? O_O!

News to me! Inafune isn't even with Capcom anymore?!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
@Jiggly: You don't know what flaming is if you think my nice statement was mean LOL. I told you exactly what goes on in this thread when we aren't talking about MKWii :awesome: hate it or love it son.
I never said it was mean. This is just a one way argument that you want to start and I'm trying my best to stay neutral about it.

You realise that we don't have to be ****s in order to talk about SSB4 right?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What? O_O!

News to me! Inafune isn't even with Capcom anymore?!
Wait, take a look. I didn't say I expect her. But I sure as heck support her. I don't hate him, I hate this "He is the best" vibe that people are giving off in this thred. I know she isn't likely, I'm not an idiot.

@Iblis,

Wooohoo! Overrated characters win again. The point of what I'm saying is being missed. I never said he wasn't likely, just some people need to open their eyes and actually take other characters into consideration instead of writing them off. Like most of you do.
It's so far back in this thread, I think SSBF knows where it is though.

Haha, guess what, what you said has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the fact that the game is designed around 4 players and your saying "WE competitive players play how we want to play." Doesn't change the fact that it is designed and balanced around 4 player matches on multiple different stages with items on.

Congratulations. You won a debate we were never having.
You win the sidestepping contest. You don't change the fact he has to consider the 1v1 basis LOL. Also I believe you failed to read the part about Melee. Reading Rainbow.

Actually, it does. I'm still not talking from a competitive standpoint.

You still need to learn how to read.

Smooth Criminal
Well damn.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wooohoo! Overrated characters win again. The point of what I'm saying is being missed. I never said he wasn't likely, just some people need to open their eyes and actually take other characters into consideration instead of writing them off. Like most of you do.
I think It's more like, he's the most in-demand third-party character, so discussing others kind of loses its point? u3u

AND FATMANONICE, WE ALL JUST LOVE SMASH THAT MUCH~

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I never said it was mean. This is just a one way argument that you want to start and I'm trying my best to stay neutral about it.

You realise that we don't have to be ****s in order to talk about SSB4 right?
LOL, ****=mean. You think I'm mean. I'm not even trying to be mean LOL. I'm not even starting an argument I'm telling you the truth. Your main point was this chris guy getting in, then you compared him to Snake. <- That's a good way to get criticized or disagreed with.

We can argue if you want though :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think It's more like, he's the most in-demand third-party character, so discussing others kind of loses its point? u3u
Why would you say that? I think that makes as much sense as "Well, everyone likes Rap, so I don't think there is a point to listening to any other genre of music."

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

@Iblis,

I wasn't trying to bash at you or anything, and sure we aren't all looking at Megaman as god, other characters like Ryu, Jill Valentine, heck even Zero would probably offer a better playstyle, I was just trying to say that Sakurai and Capcom are most likely to look at the highest, most requested character, by no means is Megaman a "must".

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Wow... these past three pages have been intolerable to read... Are emotions really running this high over a video game? Please don't ruin this thread BEFORE E3 '12.
This man right here knows whats going on. Seriously everyone needs to chill out. It's really salty here right now.

I'm not even starting an argument I'm telling you the truth. Your main point was this chris guy getting in, then you compared him to Snake. <- That's a good way to get criticized or disagreed with.
So just to make it clear. You still say Chris is not comparable to snake in terms of Body structure and weapons correct? Because you stated to me that it was about popularity. That is not what I meant. If the former is what you're saying then I understand and will stop talking about it. I'm not trying to be butthurt or anything I'm just trying to solve this misunderstanding.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only one that you could really consider salty in this thread is SmashChu.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Wow... these past three pages have been intolerable to read... Are emotions really running this high over a video game? Please don't ruin this thread BEFORE E3 '12.
I'm perfectly fine.

I just wanted to succinctly point that out and everything.

Pretty much flushed out of my system at this point.

Smooth Criminal

OmegaXXII

Where have you been? I miss the relaxed feel, I don't think this thread will be short of stupidity anytime soon.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The only one that you could really consider salty in this thread is SmashChu.
Well damn.

I'm perfectly fine.

I just wanted to succinctly point that out and everything.

Pretty much flushed out of my system at this point.

Smooth Criminal
This.

Why would you say that? I think that makes as much sense as "Well, everyone likes Rap, so I don't think there is a point to listening to any other genre of music."
You don't even know how much hate I get for listening to rap. XD

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's so far back in this thread, I think SSBF knows where it is though.
Well he needs to get cracking and hook a brother up!

Where have you been? I miss the relaxed feel, I don't think this thread will be short of stupidity anytime soon.

It'll relax once I post my insane stage concept idea. Which I'm still working on. :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not really. It's not that everyone thinks Mega Man is the greatest possible character ever, but he's about as likely as a third-party character can get, and getting any others is pretty slim. So he gets all the glory?

Discussing any others, WHILE FUN, is just humoring the idea?

Besides, everyone knows Ridley is the greatest possible character, after all. :3

>8OOO

EDIT: Althoughmaybe"pointless"wasn'tthebestwordtouse. >:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It's actually pretty funny how most of you guys state megaman's chances of getting in higher than first parties

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well he needs to get cracking and hook a brother up!

It'll relax once I post my insane stage concept idea. Which I'm still working on. :p
I thought this said "insane hostage idea" which I was very much excited for. . .:)

Not really. It's not that everyone thinks Mega Man is the greatest possible character ever, but he's about as likely as a third-party character can get, and getting any others is pretty slim. So he gets all the glory?

Discussing any others, WHILE FUN, is just humoring the idea?

Besides, everyone knows Ridley is the greatest possible character, after all. :3
I don't think discussing Square Enix characters is "just humoring the idea" they're a real possibility. Again, it's like only talking about Ridley, because he is "the most likely". It makes no sense.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Who said that? LOL

We said for 3rd parties.
It's applicable to both situations. Megaman is most likely out of third parties, Ridley out of first. It doesn't mean ridley and the next ten most popular Nintendo characters should only be discussed. I don't know why I repeating this. I'm just going to let it go. There isn't any real point when no one sees where I'm comnig from anyway.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I mean I've seen people in this thread say he was almost certain or rate his chances in the 90 percents but no other suggested character I.e. Ridley has the same kind of certainty behind his inclusion

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's applicable to both situations. Megaman is most likely out of third parties, Ridley out of first. It doesn't mean ridley and the next ten most popular Nintendo characters should only be discussed. I don't know why I repeating this. I'm just going to let it go. There isn't any real point when no one sees where I'm comnig from anyway.
You are arguing for nothing yo. No one is comparing 3rd to 1st. That's insane. You are repeating yourself for no reason. No one is responding because they all know better should at least know better.

I mean I've seen people in this thread say he was almost certain or rate his chances in the 90 percents but no other suggested character I.e. Ridley has the same kind of certainty behind his inclusion

Same goes for you.

TL;DR - Talk about who you want LOL

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Did anyone come up with a moveset for ridley? My only problem with ridley is the fact that he's a bit of a giant bird.... Thing.(I can't remember exactly what he is) So what moves does one have for such a.... bird... thing?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
AH WELL, sorry everything kind of went the wrong direction than what I meant it to go, lol. Was just trying to point out that Megaman doesn't get so much love because people think he would be such a great addition to the cast. He's just kind of... expected at this point. Like Sonic was after Snake was revealed. PLEASE GO ON ABOUT JILL. >8

ALSO, yeah, I think when people suggest a third-party character, there is this unspoken "for a third-party character" when discussing how likely they are. In a way, they're all below Waluigi in terms of likelihood, lol.

@LUCO: Oh you son of a jerk I'll totally have to work on that moveset now. >:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love how you can tell who's friends with who on this thread.

I'm off for a while. I'm getting too pissed over video games.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Tbh, I don't care much about character inclusion due to the fact Fox and Sonic are already in, but I guess Ridley LOL (cop-out status) he is pretty popular from what I can see and the Metriod series are missing a villian so I guess 90% other 10% goes to him being a boss again which would be sad.

@Shortie: If I didn't know any better I was expecting some My Little Pony picture to show up O.o

Inb4mylittleponycrackbabiesshowupandkillthread

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortie: If I didn't know any better I was expecting some My Little Pony picture to show up O.o

Inb4mylittleponycrackbabiesshowupandkillthread
Hah. It would be a mercy killing.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I would cry if Espy or Mink came and ***** this thread with ponies (that namesearch bait though LOL)

All I would do is this.

We need back-up.

OmegaXXII

Who said otherwise??

I really just want better online and mechanics too a certain degree, everything would be fine I guess.

Little Ponies FTL

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Your my friend Shortie. :3

I'm just busy following the Super Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 riddler Lupinko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom