• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The way Nintendo keeps rolling with it, I could easily see him being used for promotions for the "in" crowd.

Also, because I had to.

D

Deleted member

I think you're missing a dot after F. Eh, doesn't matter. It's still N-SAF in his glory.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i've been hearing you lot saying nintendo noted the NSAFs rise in popularity... can you link me to that?
(most likely missed it while i was abroad.)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Beats me. Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that the thread this week has been a bit on-edge?
A lot of people are disappointed with E3 because they were expecting the universe. They got most of that, but they were missing a few galaxies, that they know they will get later.
YEAH. That's why the Bucs are the best. Tampa all the way.
Too bad they suck.
They just sucked the last 10 games last season. They could easily be an elite team with some more consistency, defensive play makers, and their great pool of free agent signings.
Watching this video on NFL.com highlighting players and some of their favorite old games. Doug Martin, a RB for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, listed Super Smash Bros as his favorite game. Nice to hear even big old NFL players have fond memories of SSB. Maybe somebody should challenge him to a game. >.>
You mean the 31st pick overall out of Boise State=??? Yeah, I follow the NFL closely. ;) Don't even dare to challenge me on my 49ers knowledge. I am a 49ers encyclopedia. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I swear Nintendo being self-aware is probably the funniest crap I've seen in the past month.

Gamestop pre-order bonus would be hilarious too. R.O.B 2.0.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i've been hearing you lot saying nintendo noted the NSAFs rise in popularity... can you link me to that?
(most likely missed it while i was abroad.)
We first got our looked at Non-Specific Action Figure in Nintendo's Wii U hardware presentation the night before E3 began.
Then, during Nintendo's 2nd Press Conference (the one for the 3DS), Non-Specific Action Figure showed up again.
And then today, after the end of Nintendo's presentation at E3, Iwata did this...
Reggie also referenced the "my body is ready" quote and the "kick a** and make games" quote at E3. The only Nintendo meme not mentioned was Iwata's bananas! :laugh:
NSAF should be the new multi-man character.
BEST. IDEA. EVER!!!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Yes... his body was ready. and he heard us laughing, too.

that iwata part has me thinking that it was the whole plan to give him a popularity point before he debuts.

dammit john, i only wanted the NSAF popularity, im not an idiot............ overachiever...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Nintendo is planning on making Non-Specific Action Figure the star of say Shigeru Miyamoto's new IP (GASP! THAT COULD BE TRUE), it is the most brilliant I've ever heard.

They made him famous, made us care about him, made us want him in the most popular crossover franchise in the world, and made us want to see him again.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I swear Nintendo being self-aware is probably the funniest crap I've seen in the past month.
Probably was the most notable thing to happen at this years E3. Hopefully though that says something about getting in touch with fanbases for upcoming games...

Gamestop pre-order bonus would be hilarious too. R.O.B 2.0.
Been waiting for them to do another one of those for years now.

ROB & NSAC = BFFs

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Wait, I remember hearing that NSAF was a main character in Project P-100...

Was that a joke, or is he really? I think it came out of IGN's preview of it. Just something I heard.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no, NSAF is not in Project P-100

also, i got to play CastleVania: Mirror of Fate... it was tethered to a booth babe.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes... his body was ready. and he heard us laughing, too.

that iwata part has me thinking that it was the whole plan to give him a popularity point before he debuts.

dammit john, i only wanted the NSAF popularity, im not an idiot............ overachiever...
If so it could work. I don't see him carrying a whole game himself, but it could be something like showing up in another Nintendo game, or some kind of small digital title.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At the same time, more moves means more diversity, and I still wish that characters were not bound to a mold for move slots.
That is why having say Final Smash(es) be L3 and R3, 8 grab directions, and even giving everyone a Z-air would be a good idea. It adds new moves without overwhelming the development team with all kinds of new content and moves to add, balance, and invent several new moves not just new characters, but for all returning past characters.
I'd like to see Link get a back flip that can be canceled into.
That could be his short hop, and a fitting one at that! :laugh:
Actually, assuming the rosters and mechanics are the same, there is technically only one game to balance.
I hope the character roster and moves are the same, but perhaps the aesthetics of the moves are different. I hope at least the gameplay is different between the two. I would hate to basically have two of the same game... like what is happening with PlayStation All-Stars. That is just really lame and lazy IMHO.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Am I the only one who doesn't care for NSAF? XD Although, it is hilarious how Nintendo keeps making jokes about it because they know how the fanbase reacted to his debut, Nintendo is just way too cool. :laugh:

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I think a good difference would be the modes. Creating too much dissonance between the games would alienate owners of just one game. I just think they could create a sense of unity in terms of content, but still have some different experiences in each game in terms of modes.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes Holder, you are the only one. He's freaking cool! He looks like Spawn, Captain Falcon, Spider-man, and Captain America's love child!!! :laugh:
I would like to see the Action figure get his own 3DSware title. Something small. Be funny.
That would actually be a good idea, and that would make this plan a smart one. However, a Wii U launch Wii U Ware (or whatever it is called) title would be a better idea. :smirk:
also, i got to play CastleVania: Mirror of Fate... it was tethered to a booth babe.
How was it=??? The game. Not the... well... man disguised as a woman. :grin:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it feels like a side scrolling god of war metroidvania game.

also, i played Darksiders II... it too feels like God of War... more so than Zelda.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ august
Good, because I like my Castlevania with loads of action, bosses, platforming, and speed! :cool:
NSAF is the best thing nintendo has done in years
I actually thought the best thing Nintendo has done over the last few years is keep Tingle out of the Zelda storyline! :laugh:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion seems to be Disney's Square-less Kingdom Hearts.

you know what sucks? I'm no longer important after i say everything i played and seen at E3... i will become a normie, a muggle.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh you guys are so silly. :awesome: But I love that.
Just embrace it. NSAF has done what no one else has been able to do in the past year and a half I've been here, bring this thread together.

Non Specific Action Figure is more than just an E3 inspired meme, he is a symbol, a better way of living as a gaming community. He represents the best of the spirit of this week, and gamers everywhere.

you know what sucks? I'm no longer important after i say everything i played and seen at E3... i will become a normie, a muggle.
It's the sad truth of the matter.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Perhaps that action figure thing was in smash all along, it does bear a bit of resemblance to that Tabuu creature. Still not sure where that came from as well.

@ 8 way inputs

So what inspired this possibilitiy? Based on the newer controller designs, are we to expect that the right analog stick adopts the C-stick function?

Just embrace it. NSAF has done what no one else has been able to do in the past year and a half I've been here, bring this thread together.
Oh so dramatic...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion seems to be Disney's Square-less Kingdom Hearts.
As long as there isn't a ton of filler in the story, confusing plot lines, characters that seem to be made to annoy you, and frequent backtracking, it's good by me.
I never viewed you any different because you went to E3. ;) other than you had information we would like to have shared! :laugh:

And don't worry you're still important.
..in Holder's pants.
:p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Welcome to the others... o_0

Non Specific Action Figure is more than just an E3 inspired meme, he is a symbol, a better way of living as a gaming community. He represents the best of the spirit of this week, and gamers everywhere.
Lets just hope that he shows up more in the future.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Criminal Smooth
I've played and beat the first 2 Kingdom Hearts games 6 times. After that, I realize that 90% of those games was filler. It's like watching entire seasons of Bleach and Naruto. :laugh:

Sure, there were high highs in the gameplay, there was some awesome levels, and the combat system was pretty good, but most of the stories, locations, and everything just felt "forced" and not how it should have been. Throughout the games (specifically Kingdom Hearts II), all you do is help characters that never return again in levels you re-visit. And most of the revisit every world, the story, setup, and boss fight is boring. Everything was formulaic, predictable, repetitive, slow, and stale.

Literally I would play through the games as a whole, wondering why most of it was boring. Then it struck me: the games are boring.

Then I decided to go to ogames like Devil May Cry and God of War that didn't feel "forced" or filled with filler, and I haven't looked back since.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That is why having say Final Smash(es) be L3 and R3, 8 grab directions, and even giving everyone a Z-air would be a good idea. It adds new moves without overwhelming the development team with all kinds of new content and moves to add, balance, and invent several new moves not just new characters, but for all returning past characters.
Except adding in grabs (especially if you make a more in depth grab escape system) just makes the game way more throw heavy and there's the question of it's really necessary.

I still say that looking back at the combat system and movement systems is the way to go if they want to add to movesets or remove that cursed mold. Seriously, Samus, Link, and Olimar would be crazy awesome if they weren't bound to just four specials.

That could be his short hop, and a fitting one at that! :laugh:
Yes, BUT, it could also be a move that's invincible like Poison and Vega's backflip.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's the truth. People can't stand me when I oppose their thoughts since I fight hard, and even when I'm right, I'm wrong tp them.
Especially about Krystal Waluigi being more of a worthless piece of **** than Waluigi Impa. :troll:
Fix'd.

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Wow, please lend me some of that spare time you seem to have an abundance of.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Except adding in grabs (especially if you make a more in depth grab escape system) just makes the game way more throw heavy and there's the question of it's really necessary.
Maybe you increase the chance of a broken grab. However, it doesn't really make the game any bit more grab dependent, unless one of the new grabs is a chain grab or there is like a tech chase of new grabs. Other than that, the "grab game" after the grab (or as I call it, the "post-grab game") is more interesting, and has more dynamics and dimensions to it. I don't see a negative consequence, unless these grabs have combos or grab combos that are broken. Given that the 4 angles are diagonal makes such a scenario doubtful.
I still say that looking back at the combat system and movement systems is the way to go if they want to add to movesets or remove that cursed mold.
Honestly, the current system seems fine. Melee added a move (forward special), optional Z-air moves, and two new grab throw directions, but that's it. In Brawl, the only thing else we got was Final Smash. Jumping so far ahead of ourselves seems a little rushed, don't you think=??? That's why adding 4 grab throws, a Z-cancel, and maybe give Final Smashes(s) a button(s) would be much simpler. Let's not just suddenly double everyone's attacks. Because if we do, we're not going to get less characters than we had in Brawl.
Yes, BUT, it could also be a move that's invincible like Poison and Vega's backflip.
Nah, let's not do that. I hated that with Vega. Think of it more as a "ode to Zelda" for backwards short hopping that is no different from any other short hop (animation aside).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom