• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Don't you guys know, it's Golden. There's a reason everyone unanimously told John "NO" when he suggested him in the DG.
Yes Popularity over quality of thought. It's like the motto of SWF.

Would anyone care to address what qualities makes a character like King K. Rool deserving?

Thank you Hoots, I'm quite curious.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At least people will buy Wii Fit U, and it is probably good... for what it is.

SiNG looks like garbage.

By the way, was another fitness game not called Wii Fit shown in Nintendo's E3 2012 Press Conference=??? :confused:

Edit: Basketball stuff:
LeBron is taking over.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
lol.

Pretty much.

Would anyone care to address what qualities makes a character like King K. Rool deserving?

God you're ridiculous.

Here comes higher than all N. Come to talk in tongues and show us how wrong we all are.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Also would anyone care to address what qualities makes a character like King K. Rool deserving?

King K.Rool:

-Extreme heavy weight. We have not many of these characters.
-Wacky moveset potential. Ranging from a blunderbuss (shooting canonballs, spikey canonballs, barrels and various gasses), crown throwing, high jumps / canonballs dropping from above, crazy scientist back gear to help him recover and boxing moves from DK64.
-From a heavily underrepped series.

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm SO Hyped. Iblis. Three words.

NINE IS BACK

Oh, whats up shortie! Got to get with Metal on that one. "Slay Evil on Sight"

Its why you will continue to fail to be legit because you will never have any backing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-He's the main villain of the largest franchise with characters in Smash without a playable villain (in a series that has a villain).
-The K. Rool boss fights in Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 4, and 64 are all great, and he has some awesome moves in it.
-His gun in Donkey Kong Country 2 is amazing, and needs to be in smash.
-He is a heavyweight and Smash Bros. lacks those currently.
-He would have a unique play style setup.
-He simply seems "made for" and "destined" for Smash Bros. Pretty much it is easy to picture him in a smash bros. game.
-He has a unique personality and style about him, and likes to do all kinds of whacky things.
-The games K. Rool have been in are freaking AWESOME!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
King K. Rool= main villain of the popular DK series

He's also not only very highly requested, but also one of the characters with the least opposition (there aren't people saying stuff about him like they do with Ridley (HE'S TOO BIG FOR SMASH) or Little Mac (ALL HE CAN DO IS PUNCH))

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Here comes higher than all N. Come to talk in tongues and show us how wrong we all are.
I believeth that his point of the friction of this debacle can be determined by all kinds of variable things that cannot be comprehended without reaching the fruit of the upper echelon of the uncomprehensible matter of all of our fates on this easy to mistake test subject.

Is that what you were looking for=??? ;)

D

Deleted member

It's the truth. People can't stand me when I oppose their thoughts since I fight hard, and even when I'm right, I'm wrong tp them.
Especially about Krystal being more of a worthless piece of **** than Waluigi. :troll:

Oops, said something truthful yet negative about Krystal, now shortie's gonna be more of prick than he is usually.
I mean, at least I ADMIT that Waluigi is not that important to the Mario series. He's still stuck on Krystal being more important than Peppy Hare because she's a furry love interest. :awesome:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Don't get me wrong Golden, it can be hard to appreciate where your coming from at times.

Freedom of thought can often be hard to follow nevertheless.

Much Obliged John.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
It is more so your cursing and seeming attitude of "attacking people"... like you are doing now to shortie. Plus your hot-headedness can be hard to deal with for some.

Everyone is fine with you having your own opinion otherwise... or at least they should be.

Also, all people who like Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Mega Man, Ridley, Mewtwo, Roy, and Snake suck are Eternal Losers! :troll:

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool= main villain of the popular DK series

He's also not only very highly requested, but also one of the characters with the least opposition (there aren't people saying stuff about him like they do with Ridley (HE'S TOO BIG FOR SMASH) or Little Mac (ALL HE CAN DO IS PUNCH))
The irony of that is that K. Rool towers over DK and is not "too big" like Ridley. :troll:

JPW

Smash Ace
you know Little Mac can also use his feet.

Kickboxing!!! It's a form of boxing too, and would work great as a second set of moves for Little Mac.

D

Deleted member

@ Golden
It is more so your cursing and seeming attitude of "attacking people"... like you are doing now to shortie. Plus your hot-headedness can be hard to deal with for some.

Everyone is fine with you having your own opinion otherwise... or at least they should be.

Also, all people who like Toon Link, Diddy Kong, Mega Man, Ridley, Mewtwo, Roy, and Snake suck are Eternal Losers! :troll:
It's shortie, so I don't really give a damn if I'm "attacking" him or not. :awesome: As for others, I honestly don't mean to do so. It's kind of in my nature to be a bit aggressive. My mother was that way; my grandfather was that way; it's kind of in my genetics. Not an excuse, I know, but it's something I really can't help. :embarrass: I come from a line of "take no bull" people.
And I am hard-headed, yes. I won't deny that. It's just an endearing quirk of mine, developed from years of being pushed around and being passive until something snapped.

I would like to point out though, that I actually didn't start the argument this time. It's all on Hoots. :troll:

Anyways, for K. Rool, yeah, everyone else already covered him. Major villain, very unique, and so on and so forth.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Size as an argument is pretty much irrelevant considering that all of the characters have inconsistent height, some characters being more subtle then others.

D

Deleted member

Kickboxing!!! It's a form of boxing too, and would work great as a second set of moves for Little Mac.
Unlike his opponents, Mac is a by the book "clean" style fighter. It would be against his nature to kick.
While Mac would just be "punchy", it can work fine.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Nah, kickboxing isn't needed for Little Mac at all. If you know the history of boxing, the various moves, and the various punches, there's enough for a moveset for Little Mac.

Trust me, there are tons of boxing moves, techniques, and punches that could be used. I come from a family with a long history of being boxers or being close to boxing.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Don't get me wrong Golden, it can be hard to appreciate where your coming from at times.

Freedom of thought can often be hard to follow nevertheless.

Much Obliged John.
It's not so much freedom of thought as blind passion. I understand a lot of the hate that Geno gets and why people don't like him, but I always assumed they were from Toad/Junior/Paper Mario supporters. I would never have imagined that someone who legitimately supports Waluigi would be the thread's number one Geno hater, and such a venomous one at that. It's pretty surprising. That's why I commented on it.

Also, using illogical one liners and excessive smiley faces does not make one a free-thinking rebel.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hoots... was that a jab at me=??? :confused: Because if it was... *insert insulting one liner here* :awesome: :chuckle: ;) (and also if you are, THIS MEANS WAR!!!)
It's shortie, so I don't really give a damn if I'm "attacking" him or not. :awesome:
...It isn't just him. And even if shortie instigated something, that still is no excuse on your part. This is a forum for mature people, not elementary school... :bee:
As for others, I honestly don't mean to do so. It's kind of in my nature to be a bit aggressive. My mother was that way; my grandfather was that way; it's kind of in my genetics. Not an excuse, I know, but it's something I really can't help. :embarrass: I come from a line of "take no bull" people.
Well there's "bull" and then there is "other people's opinions." You often go after other people's opinions and call them "bull." Maybe "misinformed," but not "bull."
Anyways, for K. Rool, yeah, everyone else already covered him. Major villain, very unique, and so on and so forth.
Yeah, that is all the reasons why I think Krusha will be playable. :troll:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Don't worry Johnny. I was talking about Golden.

Also, @N: All of these good people have already handily piled up the merits of K. Rool. Another thing I would add is that he's a villain with personality, which is rarely seen.

D

Deleted member

More often than not though, people don't label things as "opinions" but rather state things as fact, such as shortie with his stance that Krystal is the most important StarFox character after the 3 playable ones in Smash, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I will still take your challenge Hoots, AND I SHALL BE VICTORIOUS!!! FOR GLORY!!! FOR PASSION!!! FOR THE DONUTSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
It's not so much freedom of thought as blind passion. I understand a lot of the hate that Geno gets and why people don't like him, but I always assumed they were from Toad/Junior/Paper Mario supporters.
I find that most Geno "haters" hate the fanbase, and not the character. And as a Geno fan, I hate a lot of the fanbases 'round the web. Many are annoying, have a sense of entitlement, and think they are above everyone else. If they were real "fans" and not "fanboys," they would love the character and respect everyone else's opinion on him. And if they are really smart and awesome like I am, they do this while trying to change it (often this means suggesting people to play Super Mario RPG before judging Geno!). :laugh: :cool: :shades:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
More often than not though, people don't label things as "opinions" but rather state things as fact, such as shortie with his stance that Krystal is the most important StarFox character after the 3 playable ones in Smash, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
You JUST said that it was a TRUTH that Krystal is a useless character whose only merit is a furry love interest. That is the definition of stating an opinion as a fact.

That's how debating works. We argue for things we believe to be truths. It then comes down to whether or not you can back it up with logic, reasoning, and facts.

D

Deleted member

It's not so much freedom of thought as blind passion. I understand a lot of the hate that Geno gets and why people don't like him, but I always assumed they were from Toad/Junior/Paper Mario supporters. I would never have imagined that someone who legitimately supports Waluigi would be the thread's number one Geno hater, and such a venomous one at that. It's pretty surprising. That's why I commented on it.

Also, using illogical one liners and excessive smiley faces does not make one a free-thinking rebel.

You could've handled it better than go on a rant about how I support Waluigi but not support Geno.

I mean, you could have just ASKED me "how can you support Waluigi, but not support Geno?" And I would have explained calmly, then we could've had a calm debate about "Waluigi has nothing unique" "Actually he does, he has *insert whatever here*" "I don't see a moveset possible for him that can't be given to a different spin-off character" "Here is a moveset" "Why this?" "Because this.", etc.

D

Deleted member

You JUST said that it was a TRUTH that Krystal is a useless character whose only merit is a furry love interest. That is the definition of stating an opinion as a fact.

That's how debating works. We argue for things we believe to be truths. It then comes down to whether or not you can back it up with logic, reasoning, and facts.

Do you not know what trolling is? Clearly, I was trying to rile up shortie. Since he was trying to talk **** and we've had history of things like this in the past (where shortie got worse than I ever did, dedicating a whole post to cussing me out and insulting me without even trying to continue the debate) I may tend to cuss out and insult, but I always continue the argument with it and not dedicate a whole paragraph to the insults.

And no, you don't just STATE something as fact. You state why you feel something to be true, then back up your argument.

Compare "The Earth is flat" to "I believe the Earth is flat because ____".

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
The Final Day is over... geez, i was coming down on the last bit of time before i got the courage for an interview... i settled on Trion Worlds... i was playing DEFIANCE as the last game i played while my stay at E3.

are you guys arguing or something? cause i want to describe my experience with the Wii U Game Pad and the Pro controller.

Imma let you finish...

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Go ahead augusto this argument is boring. I don't know what it is but people don't know how to how to keep arguments interesting anymore.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
If someone doesn't say something is a "fact" and it sounds like it is an opinion, most of the time it is an opinion. And shortie never said that his opinions on that matter is a "fact."

And if you are unclear on it, you can always ask as to whether it is an opinion or a fact.

@ august
Go on ahead. I wanna hear what you experienced today and your opinions. Be as biased as possible! :laugh:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Forgive this simple distraction, I felt obligated to address this due to how frequently we feel the need to bash one another's opinions and end up bashing on each other unnecessarily.

Not by any means, bur I try not to focus on that too much. Where I can't follow, I don't.

Yes Augusto, please, I've been waiting for this discussion.

D

Deleted member

@ Golden
If someone doesn't say something is a "fact" and it sounds like it is an opinion, most of the time it is an opinion. And shortie never said that his opinions on that matter is a "fact."

And if you are unclear on it, you can always ask as to whether it is an opinion or a fact.

@ august
Go on ahead. I wanna hear what you experienced today and your opinions. Be as biased as possible! :laugh:
He said I was wrong for claiming that Peppy was more important than Krystal while I was providing facts to back it up involving their respective roles in the story of the games and the games themselves.
He didn't even counter. He said my views on Krystal were wrong without giving so much as a reason. Well no legitimate reason anyway. His main point was that Krystal was the "love interest".

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
The Wii U games I played were Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge, Project P-100, and capture the flag mode of ZombiU.
I also went back to play Donkey Kong's Crash Course to beat my record... i did get further but i did lose all my lives before i reached Pauline, then i went to play Luigi's Ghost Mansion... for like an hour... i was the Luigi guy for like 10 rounds... my team won... then i went to be the ghost for two rounds... killed them all in the first round and lost the second... then i went back to being the luigi for a round.

anyways... where was i going with this?

FOOD!? hold that heel, imma be right back.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Do you not know what trolling is? Clearly, I was trying to rile up shortie. Since he was trying to talk **** and we've had history of things like this in the past (where shortie got worse than I ever did, dedicating a whole post to cussing me out and insulting me without even trying to continue the debate) I may tend to cuss out and insult, but I always continue the argument with it and not dedicate a whole paragraph to the insults.

And no, you don't just STATE something as fact. You state why you feel something to be true, then back up your argument.

Compare "The Earth is flat" to "I believe the Earth is flat because ____".
Ignoring the fact that it's really pointless and unnecessary to troll... Most of us use plenty to back up our arguments. I am not saying you should support Geno. But you go out of your way to **** talk him so violently, it confused me that you would violently support a character that one could easily argue is more ridiculous and less deserving for the stated reasons. Being the main villain of Dance Dance Revolution is like being the CEO of a lemonade stand.

Go ahead Augusto. I gotta jet.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm SO Hyped. Iblis. Three words.

NINE IS BACK

Oh, whats up shortie! Got to get with Metal on that one. "Slay Evil on Sight"

Its why you will continue to fail to be legit because you will never have any backing.
Don't you even worry about this.

God you're ridiculous.

What is your buzz man? Does his presence threaten you? It's not even like he was coming at you sideways or compromising. Put your nerves into check homie, it's not even that serious.

D

Deleted member

Ignoring the fact that it's really pointless a d unnecessary to troll... Most of us use plenty to back up our arguments. I am not saying you should support Geno. But you go out of your way to **** talk him so violently, it confused me that you would violently support a character that one could easily argue is more ridiculous and less deserving for the stated reasons. Being the main villain of Dance Dance Revolution is like being the CEO of a lemonade stand.

Go ahead Augusto. I gotta jet.

Note, that whenever I talk down to Geno, it's usually after another one of his fanboys comes in and talks about how great he is, and I typically use snide remarks and jokes rather than flat out flaming Geno (unless calling him overrated constitutes talking violently now).

Other times, it's when something comes up that can possible raise his chances, in which I mostly state that I don't want this to be true.
Why I don't want them to be true? Because that means Geno gets in, and his fanboys get even more annoying than they already are.

If it hasn't been clear already, it's the fanboys I hate, not Geno himself. However, the fanboys have gotten so annoying (outside of here, mind you) that the idea of Geno or even hearing his name leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Because to be honest, Geno looks pretty cool, and I can see him with interesting moves.
However, I don't want to hear how glorious he is, or how much a Messiah he is, or that he's the best Mario character ever, and I especially don't want to hear misguided statements that Geno is very likely to be added.

I mean, I have some of my own long shot characters, like Shake King. However, I'm not going to delude myself or try to delude people into believing he has the greatest chance in the world and overexaggerate how awesome he is.

EDIT: And as I've said before, if Geno does in fact get in, I will begrudgingly be one of those people that fights for his stay in the series, as I dislike cuts more than I dislike Geno fanboys.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I never come sideways, Straightforward like Afro Samurai.

I'm a little disappointed that Augusto left so soon. I was curious to hear what it was like to play a game like DK's crash course and how the controls brought things to life.

Golden, I don't think there is real justifiable reason to hate the type of person. If you want to hate, hate what they stand for. Perhaps you should focus your energy on backing the reasoning that fuels your hatred.

You know, as you would have us do.

D

Deleted member

Why are you telling me to hate Geno rather than the fanboys?

I mean, even JohnKnight said earlier that he hates certain fanbases, why can't I?

I am rereading, and I need you to explain. You are saying "hate what they stand for", which is implying that instead of hating Geno fanboys, I should hate what they stand for: Geno.
If that is not what you meant, you need to be more clear.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He's just as guitly. Pre-judging people before completely understanding what the individual is about.

Stereotypes.

Moving right along, I wanted to pick up where we left off John.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom