• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well, I'll still be holding out for Waluigi, but I now see that he's still got some hurdles that even fricking WARIO had to go through, and Wario was barely lucky with WarioWare...

Although, I wonder if this applies to other popular (non-Mario) choices as well....?
Like Dixie Kong. :troll:
Wait. Aren't you the guy that loathes Geno with a passion? Yet you support Waluigi? The character that was invented so Wario could play doubles tennis? The guy who has never done anything unique or even appeared in a non-gimmicky party game? Huh.

Anyway, as far as the AC character discussion a few pages back goes, although "The Villager" has the advantage of actually being playable, it would kill me to give a slot to a nameless avatar(PT is only not called Red because of marketing). Tom Nook is awesome and is essentially the face of the franchise. Not to mention it makes perfect sense that he would have all the AC items, AND he canonically DID run a fight club. It probably wont happen, but alas.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I wonder if Non-Specific Action Figure is going to be the new "WTF" rep, seeing as Nintendo's higher-ups have acknowledged his sudden immense popularity....
Probably not, but it's more believable than Duck Hunt Dog/Mr. Peepers. :troll:

yani

Smash Lord
I'm kinda worried about Dixie Kong

I want her in, but it just sorta troubles me that instead of trying to put her in Brawl as a seperate character, he just scrapped her altogether when the idea of putting her and Diddy together as a tag team didn't work out
This also makes me think it is possible he may revisit the concept with Dixie/Kiddy. I'd rather her be alone, but better Dixie/Kiddy than Diddy/Dixie imo :awesome:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I just realized that and was just about to edit it, my fault, well, we don't know if the same team will be working on Smash 4 or not yet

YES yani, Dixie/Kiddy would be awesome

D

Deleted member

Wait. Aren't you the guy that loathes Geno with a passion? Yet you support Waluigi? The character that was invented so Wario could play doubles tennis? The guy who has never done anything unique or even appeared in a non-gimmicky party game? Huh.

Anyway, as far as the AC character discussion a few pages back goes, although "The Villager" has the advantage of actually being playable, it would kill me to give a slot to a nameless avatar(PT is only not called Red because of marketing). Tom Nook is awesome and is essentially the face of the franchise. Not to mention it makes perfect sense that he would have all the AC items, AND he canonically DID run a fight club. It probably wont happen, but alas.

Geno is a one-time has-been who isn't even owned by Nintendo, and is overrated as Hell by his fanbase. Also, his support for Smash started as a BANDWAGON.
Waluigi may have been created as a doubles tennis partner to Wario, but at least he's owned by Nintendo and has been in more than one game. :smirk:
And also, if you seriously are saying that Waluigi has done NOTHING unique, point to me where anyone else in the Mario world swims through the air, uses purple throny vines, distorts their body into a backwards L shape to spin in a tornado, shadow teleports, among other things.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What we do know is that there were several people hired just to work on Smash 4. Whether or not the Uprising team moved on to Smash 4 as well remains to be seen.

At least Geno has a fanbase.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Geno is a one-time has-been who is overrated as Hell by his fanbase who isn't even owned by Nintendo.
Waluigi may have been created as a doubles tennis partner to Wario, but at least he's owned by Nintendo and has been in more than one game. :smirk:
That's incredibly flawed logic. Quantity of games is obviously irrelevant when it comes to the quality of a character. I could say that Geno has an easy and unique moveset that makes itself while any Waluigi moveset would be inevitably grasping at straws and could be interchangeable with anyone who has appeared in ANY Mario sports game. :smirk:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If it is the same group that worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising, then it gives me a bit more hope on single player and online multiplayer. I liked how both were utilized in Kid Icarus: Uprising, and I hope something similar will be used for Super Smash Bros 4.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Geno is a one-time has-been who isn't even owned by Nintendo, and is overrated as Hell by his fanbase. Also, his support for Smash started as a BANDWAGON.
And also, if you seriously are saying that Waluigi has done NOTHING unique, point to me where anyone else in the Mario world swims through the air, uses purple throny vines, distorts their body into a backwards L shape to spin in a tornado, shadow teleports, among other things.
Waluigi is such a unique character that his AT beats you with a tennis racket.

D

Deleted member

That's incredibly flawed logic. Quantity of games is obviously irrelevant when it comes to the quality of a character. I could say that Geno has an easy and unique moveset that makes itself while any Waluigi moveset would be inevitably grasping at straws and could be interchangeable with anyone who has appeared in ANY Mario sports game. :smirk:

Then you don't know jack, as I made one that fits Waluigi personally. :smirk:

Neutral Attack – Waluigi punches, then swats with his tennis racket.
Dash Attack – Waluigi leaps forward with a drill kick.
Strong Side – Waluigi uses a slice technique with his tennis racket.
Strong Up – Waluigi attacks with a flat serve technique with his tennis racket.
Strong Down - Waluigi kneels on one leg and sweeps the other leg forward like Ganondorf.
Side Smash – Waluigi swings his tennis racket hard like one of his Assist Trophy finishing attacks.
Up Smash – Waluigi hops on his hands and thrusts his legs upwards.
Down Smash – Waluigi reaches his leg forward and stomps, like his other Assist Trophy finishing attacks.
Ledge attack – Waluigi rolls up from the ledge and attacks with a falling axe kick.
100% ledge attack – Waluigi pulls himself up and uses a lob shot technique with his tennis racket.
Floor attack – Waluigi breakdances as he pulls himself up.
Neutral Aerial – A sex kick. Pretty much like Mario or Luigi.
Forward Aerial – Rapidly frantically swings his tennis racket forward.
Back Aerial – Back fist behind him.
Up Aerial – Flip kick.
Down Aerial – In reference to the Drop Rocket technique from Super Mario Strikers, Waluigi crashes downward feet first.
Grab/Tether Recovery-Waluigi grabs opponents and ledges with a purple thorn whip from Mario Strikers Charged.
Pummel – Knees opponent.
Forward Throw – Serves the opponent with his tennis racket.
Back Throw – Tosses opponent back, then back kicks them.
Up Throw – Punts the opponent upward with his tennis racket.
Down Throw – Throws the opponent to the ground and jumps on them.
Standard Special-Serve: Waluigi pulls out a signature tennis ball engraved with his symbol and lightly tosses it in the air. Press the Special Attack button again to serve the ball forward. If the Special Attack button isn’t pressed a second time, Waluigi merely catches the ball. If the Special Attack button is pressed too early, Waluigi will miss the ball and it will drop to the ground.
Side Special-Swimming Return: Waluigi’s Defensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis. Waluigi will swim forward in the air, unaffected by gravity. Waluigi will hit people as he moves forward. This move can be canceled by pressing the normal attack button, in which Waluigi will stop moving and swing his tennis racket.
Up Special-Whirluigi: Waluigi’s Offensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis. Waluigi bends his back into the shape of an upside down L, then rises upward while spinning in a tornado. Unlike the Mario Tornado/Luigi Cyclone, he is actually inside a tornado not unlike Meta Knight’s Mach Tornado.
Down Special-Piledriver Stomp: Waluigi stomps people into the ground like his Assist Trophy attack. If used in the air, it spikes.
Final Smash-Destruction Dance: In reference to Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Waluigi starts to dance while it rains Bob-ombs like in Sudden Death mode. To make matters worse, purple thorny vines grow around parts of the stage like in Waluigi’s Wall-Luigi ability from Mario Strikers Charged.
Taunts-
1. Waluigi strikes a pose similar to his Melee trophy but instead making his symbol with his fingers rather than simply pointing while shouting “Waluigi Time!”
2. Waluigi shouts while making a typical immature face, like his Away Entrance in Mario Strikers Charged.
3. Waluigi cackles to the sky. (His Assist Trophy entrance)
Victory Poses-
1. Waluigi faces the left and Crotch Chops, faces the right and Crotch Chops, then faces the camera and Crotch Chops while continuously chanting his name.
2. Waluigi strums his Tennis Racket like a guitar and ends by striking a “chord”.
3. Waluigi pulls out his potted Piranha Plant and yells “Waluigi wins!” The Piranha Plant then bites onto his nose, causing him to yell out in pain.
Entrance-Waluigi comes crashing down from the sky, like his Home Entrance in Mario Strikers Charged.
Other Neat Stuff-
-When Waluigi does a Dodge Roll, he doesn’t roll. He disappears in a puff of purple fire and reappears where a normal character would go after a Dodge Roll. (Like his ability in Mario Strikers Charged)
-Waluigi, being the poor sport he is, doesn’t clap for the winner. He bites on his tennis racket, throws it to the floor, then turns around and pouts while stamping his foot.

Tell me if another character can take this exact moveset (other than generic A-moves with the Tennis Racket, as if you claim anyone can do that, well guess what? Anyone can pull off Mario's A-moves, so that means no one but Mario is necessary).
Go on. I dare you to find a legitimate replacement.

And Geno's such a unique character that he wasn't in Smash at all. :troll:
And Isaac's such a unique character that all he does is shoot giant hands that push you. :troll:

If we need an overhyped minor one-timer, there's always Flint. :smirk:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Waluigi's ****, and not the good kind.

And your liberal usage of troll faces is stupid.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Then you don't know jack, as I made one that fits Waluigi personally. :smirk:

Neutral Attack – Waluigi punches, then swats with his tennis racket.
Dash Attack – Waluigi leaps forward with a drill kick.
Strong Side – Waluigi uses a slice technique with his tennis racket.
Strong Up – Waluigi attacks with a flat serve technique with his tennis racket.
Strong Down - Waluigi kneels on one leg and sweeps the other leg forward like Ganondorf.
Side Smash – Waluigi swings his tennis racket hard like one of his Assist Trophy finishing attacks.
Up Smash – Waluigi hops on his hands and thrusts his legs upwards.
Down Smash – Waluigi reaches his leg forward and stomps, like his other Assist Trophy finishing attacks.
Ledge attack – Waluigi rolls up from the ledge and attacks with a falling axe kick.
100% ledge attack – Waluigi pulls himself up and uses a lob shot technique with his tennis racket.
Floor attack – Waluigi breakdances as he pulls himself up.
Neutral Aerial – A sex kick. Pretty much like Mario or Luigi.
Forward Aerial – Rapidly frantically swings his tennis racket forward.
Back Aerial – Back fist behind him.
Up Aerial – Flip kick.
Down Aerial – In reference to the Drop Rocket technique from Super Mario Strikers, Waluigi crashes downward feet first.
Grab/Tether Recovery-Waluigi grabs opponents and ledges with a purple thorn whip from Mario Strikers Charged.
Pummel – Knees opponent.
Forward Throw – Serves the opponent with his tennis racket.
Back Throw – Tosses opponent back, then back kicks them.
Up Throw – Punts the opponent upward with his tennis racket.
Down Throw – Throws the opponent to the ground and jumps on them.
Standard Special-Serve: Waluigi pulls out a signature tennis ball engraved with his symbol and lightly tosses it in the air. Press the Special Attack button again to serve the ball forward. If the Special Attack button isn’t pressed a second time, Waluigi merely catches the ball. If the Special Attack button is pressed too early, Waluigi will miss the ball and it will drop to the ground.
Side Special-Swimming Return: Waluigi’s Defensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis. Waluigi will swim forward in the air, unaffected by gravity. Waluigi will hit people as he moves forward. This move can be canceled by pressing the normal attack button, in which Waluigi will stop moving and swing his tennis racket.
Up Special-Whirluigi: Waluigi’s Offensive Power Shot from Mario Power Tennis. Waluigi bends his back into the shape of an upside down L, then rises upward while spinning in a tornado. Unlike the Mario Tornado/Luigi Cyclone, he is actually inside a tornado not unlike Meta Knight’s Mach Tornado.
Down Special-Piledriver Stomp: Waluigi stomps people into the ground like his Assist Trophy attack. If used in the air, it spikes.
Final Smash-Destruction Dance: In reference to Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, Waluigi starts to dance while it rains Bob-ombs like in Sudden Death mode. To make matters worse, purple thorny vines grow around parts of the stage like in Waluigi’s Wall-Luigi ability from Mario Strikers Charged.
Taunts-
1. Waluigi strikes a pose similar to his Melee trophy but instead making his symbol with his fingers rather than simply pointing while shouting “Waluigi Time!”
2. Waluigi shouts while making a typical immature face, like his Away Entrance in Mario Strikers Charged.
3. Waluigi cackles to the sky. (His Assist Trophy entrance)
Victory Poses-
1. Waluigi faces the left and Crotch Chops, faces the right and Crotch Chops, then faces the camera and Crotch Chops while continuously chanting his name.
2. Waluigi strums his Tennis Racket like a guitar and ends by striking a “chord”.
3. Waluigi pulls out his potted Piranha Plant and yells “Waluigi wins!” The Piranha Plant then bites onto his nose, causing him to yell out in pain.
Entrance-Waluigi comes crashing down from the sky, like his Home Entrance in Mario Strikers Charged.
Other Neat Stuff-
-When Waluigi does a Dodge Roll, he doesn’t roll. He disappears in a puff of purple fire and reappears where a normal character would go after a Dodge Roll. (Like his ability in Mario Strikers Charged)
-Waluigi, being the poor sport he is, doesn’t clap for the winner. He bites on his tennis racket, throws it to the floor, then turns around and pouts while stamping his foot.

Tell me if another character can take this exact moveset (other than generic A-moves with the Tennis Racket, as if you claim anyone can do that, well guess what? Anyone can pull of Mario's A-moves, so that means no one but Mario is necessary).
Go on. I dare you to find a legitimate replacement.

And Geno's such a unique character that he wasn't in Smash at all. :troll:
And Isaac's such a unique character that all he does is shoot giant hands that push you. :troll:
Almost your entire moveset is based on Mario Power Tennis. His final smash is from DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION. Do you see nothing wrong with that?

K Rool wasn't in Smash in any legitimate way either and he is the most unique and deserving character by far.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
At least Pokémon are really diverse. Mario characters aren't that unique. And then there are Zelda characters not in smash, almost all of which are awful choices IMHO.

As for Waluigi and Geno, the reason people want them is they like them as characters. I thought Geno was an awesome character in Super Mario RPG. Golden thinks Waluigi was an awesome character in Mario spin-off titles. Can't we just accept that there is no such thing as an absolute opinion on characters already=???

I want her in, but it just sorta troubles me that instead of trying to put her in Brawl as a seperate character, he just scrapped her altogether when the idea of putting her and Diddy together as a tag team didn't work out
I'm not too worried. I mean, even if Dixie Kong isn't in Smash Wii U and 3DS, she would undoubtedly be playable in Smash 6. Besides, who else is gonna get in over her=???

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't you guys know, it's Golden. There's a reason everyone unanimously told John "NO" when he suggested him in the DG.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mario character discussion is about as divisive as Pokemon character discussion, lol
Trust me, at least discussing Mario characters is not nearly as bad as discussing Pokemon. For example if you say anything negative about Mewtwo, it causes guaranteed anal devastation. Same with mentioning anything related to Zoroark or Lucario to a lesser extent.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Because Mewtwo is the best Pokemon, that's why

Duh

Although it's funny when people say stuff like "MEWTWO'S BACKSTORY IS SOOO DEEP AND COMPLEX", lol

D

Deleted member

Almost your entire moveset is based on Mario Power Tennis. His final smash is from DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION. Do you see nothing wrong with that?

K Rool wasn't in Smash in any legitimate way either and he is the most unique and deserving character by far.

If you were around when I first posted that moveset, you will see that was deliberate.
Why?
Since Waluigi DEBUTED in Mario Tennis, the series is important to him, and Sakurai acknowledges this by giving him a Tennis Racket.
As for why his Final Smash was based on Dance Dance Revolution rather than say, the Liar Ball, his Mega Strike from Strikers Charged, his multi-appendaged backpack from Sports Mix or even the giant robot Waluigi from Sports Mix's Waluigi Pinball stage is because in Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, WALUIGI WAS THE MAIN ****ING VILLAIN. So I incorporated a pivotal moment for him as his Final Smash, while mixing it with his special ability from Strikers Charged. If you see something wrong with that, you've got problems.

I mean, it's more inspired than Mario's Final Smash ("Oh look at me! I shoot fireballs, so I'm going to shoot a giant one!") or Luigi ("I'm so emo since Mario is in spotlight, so I'll create a ****ed up world based around it!")

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Shortie
Wasn't I turned down in the 1st one=???
Trust me, at least discussing Mario characters is not nearly as bad as discussing Pokemon. For example if you say anything negative about Mewtwo, it causes guaranteed anal devastation.
That is because Mewtwo was the character a ton of characters were hyped for in Melee, but he sucked. Pls Mewtwo has the BAMF factor, which makes him uber popular.

That and he has ridiculous potential for greatness at everything, and a good moveset in Melee despite being absolute trash in that game. Seriously, whoever designed his hitboxes must have been on crack. Half of his tail would literally go through people with his down tilt and still not do damage! :laugh:

As for the rest of the Pokémon discussion (on other boards), that's because there is way too much fanboyism. The Pokémon fanbase has some serious fanboy issues.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Somehow I knew you were going to go there....:smirk:
Nonsense I say!

I'm not too worried, just slightly worried about not having 2 DKC newcomers. King K.Rool would be the best thing EVER obviously, but Dixie also needs her glorious return badly.

Despite what others might think, those two are still my most supported newcomers. Not counting Mewtwo.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mewtwo could have been a lot better in Melee, that's for sure

I still cannot get over the fact that they made him LIGHTWEIGHT

Like, WTF, seriously

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll take Impa discussion over Waluigi discussion any day.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mewtwo was freaking light, he was easy to juggle despite being floaty, he had no power, he had no range, and he wasn't fast.

The only thing Mewtwo could do was recover pretty well, wavedash far, and do combos with one of 3 moves.

@ Kuma
I'll take Impa discussion without Diddy Kong over Waluigi discussion any day... because I have heard enough Waluigi in Smash Bros. in one lifetime.

@ Smooth
You are a shaker and salt baker.

:shaker:

Smoothknight1

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Haha, yeah, you were.

Impa is a much easy discussion to shut down. Just post the three points, and boom. Game over.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@John- Don't forget he had some pretty powerful throws, too

Drizzle is Kyogre's ability, right? It makes the battlefield continuously rain, too, right? My Pokemon knowledge is rusty atm

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...I'm sure it was either because y'all hadn't see enough of my super awesomeness or it was the peeps who I scared away! :laugh:

*tries to think of a conspiracy theory*

But you are right with Impa shorts. "Sheik is Zelda, Sheik will return" wins that debate! :laugh:

@ Metal
Yeah his grabs did a good amount of damage, knock back, and even kill sometime, but they could combo that well. Thus, they aren't really that much of a "strength."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope the newest Pokemon level is something interesting. Not a legendary's residence or a Stadium. Saffron City or Pokefloats please.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That Impa is leagues beyond Waluigi in level of pure awesomeness should be as logical as that we need food, water and air to live. :smirk:

Seriously though GoldenY, no. Waluigi is far the least deserving potential Mario newcomer.

What 3 point would prevent Impa from replacing a long lost dead character though?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope the newest Pokemon level is something interesting. Not a legendary's residence or a Stadium. Saffron City or Pokefloats please.
Yeah, I would like Dragonspire Tower or something awesome yet simple. Maybe Pokémon Coliseum, if it is interesting enough without lame transformations.

People have re-created Saffron City in Brawl's stage builder, although there is no Pokémon. ;) As for Poké Floats, there are some incopmlete attempts to remake Poké Floats.

If we could transfer stage builder stages from Brawl to Smash Wii U and 3DS, we could get those remakes. Thus, we could PROFIT! :grin:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What about a stage based on Castelia City. Basically it would be the successor to Saffron City from the first super Smash Bros. game, but with the key difference being that there is two versions. Black version and White version, where the scenery is dark and bright respectively. Depending on the version, you'll occasionally encounter Zekrom or Reshiram, or more rarely Black Kyurem or White Kyurem, and it will cause havoc on the stage. Plus each version will have exclusive terrain and music too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom