• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Gotta give em a chance

(notice the USB cable)

[COLLAPSE="Pro Pads"]
[/COLLAPSE]

And one sure as hell better be bundled with the console.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Having good 3rd parties would be nice.
Yeah, that way Nintendo console owners can actually get games like Grand Theft Auto, Elder Scrolls, Assassin's Creed, Street Fighter, Mass Effect, the Batman Arkham series, and decent editions of Call of Duty, Madden, and NBA 2K instead of the crappy, weaker, and downgraded versions of those games (in every sense of those words) we got on the Wii.

Edit: Good. The USB better come with the console. Also, the L and R sticks being able to be buttons (like the PS3 controller) is a step in the right direction.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
And sometimes, he completely ignores his friends because they're completely useless *coughGoombariocough*!
Goombario is like...his best partner in PM 64 -_- besides the Boo lady and the electric thing. Goombario can annihilate any boss in the game once fully upgraded (charge+multibounce)...but I digress.

As a matter of fact, I believe Goombario should be in SSB4.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why was John going on about Mii vs Villager as though it was an either or situation.

They have nothing to do with one another.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because I felt like it.

That is why.

Also, because I think the Miis have a better shot at being playable than the Animal Crossers.

I thought you were Supposed to be Smart OasiS!

:grin:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's still an "either or" kind of thing though. Ridley has a better chance of being playable than the Villager too.

Not saying they'll be playable, just that you're being dumb.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But Oasis, could you see the Miis having some moves that are associated with Animal Crossing=??? Because I could.

I couldn't see Ridley having any moves even remotely similar to Animal Crossing, unless we get Cutesy Ridley from Nintendo Land!

:laugh:

Also, stop being so stoopid smash bro.

:p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Only in a sense that the Mii and the Villager would both use various tools/items as moves. Aside from that conceptual similarity, there wouldn't be any overlap in what moves are used.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Oasis
That is what I meant. Also, they could use similar punches and kicks.

It is good you finally caught on. I was thinking you had gotten the stupid disease created by and carried by
*insert whoever is not named Johnknight1 you wish here*

@ Metal
Probably, but you never know. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars sold pretty well for the DS, and was also a pretty good game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm against characters as the Mii and Animal Crossing Villagers cause I cannot picture them being very fun at all, and it would copy Mr.Game & Watch a bit too much with the random items from the game series appearing as attacks. Bland, boring, and un-inspired it feels to me. Tom Nook imo is also better than the Villager. If only for the fact he re-appears every time, is famous throughout the series and has more fighting potential. Then again, I'm still with Sakurai for NOT including an AC character in Brawl, and still think the series don't need a character playable. Much rather have Golden Sun as a new series for example.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The Villager wouldn't punch or kick.

Also point me to Wii Lumberjack, Wii Fishing, Wii Bug Collecting, Wii Excavation, Wii Flower Watering, Wii Feng Shui, etc.

I think maybe the Mii has used a slingshot before but I don't know.

I just don't understand why you think they're interchangeable. Sure they're both supposed to be "you," but the Villager is not without its own visual style, abilities, and nature. Kind of like Link, only the Villager wasn't given a default name.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link is also supposed to be "you", but he's actually cool and stuffz

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Seeing someone supporting villager is laugheable,reminds me when I supported Crash Bandicoot for Brawl.

(I was 11)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What do people think of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on the Wii U?
It looks pretty good. I gotta say I am looking forward to it coming out. I liked the 1st Tag Tournament game for what it's worth.

Hopefully Tekken Tag Tournament 2 shows us the potential the Wii U has for fighting games.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh, so it is good? ^^ Dang it, another 50 bucks down the drain...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't even own a Wii U, and I probably won't for at least another year. So I can't say I'll buy Tekken Tag Tournament 2. There are still many great Wii games I never bought.
I'm against characters as the Mii and Animal Crossing Villagers cause I cannot picture them being very fun at all, and it would copy Mr.Game & Watch a bit too much with the random items from the game series appearing as attacks.
I do not see Miis or any Animal Crossing playable character taking away from anything Mr. Game & Watch, or playing anything like Mr. Game & Watch.

yani

Smash Lord
I have to say I wasn't to excited for NSMBu but after watching some more footage.. DAMNNNN it looks amazing.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't see why people would be upset with more New SMB. The one on the Wii was amazing, better than Galaxy (true inarguable statement), so it's like having that + MORE. And it's AT LAUNCH.

If it has online four-player with voice chat... Oh man.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mo plays Wang? Knew the brother had taste!

All that's left is him to support Impa :reverse:

Which I still think is a good idea btw

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
One reason Sakurai may have not added Diddy during Melee was because he was a "Rare" character. He's listed with Banjo and James Bond under rare characters. And since he wasnt adding either of the most popular Rare characters, he could have thought "Why bother?"

yani

Smash Lord
I don't see why people would be upset with more New SMB. The one on the Wii was amazing, better than Galaxy (true inarguable statement), so it's like having that + MORE. And it's AT LAUNCH.
I guess it was just the fact that we're getting two of them within a few months of each other. I'll be getting and enjoying both though.

If it has online four-player with voice chat... Oh man.
You tease!

One reason Sakurai may have not added Diddy during Melee was because he was a "Rare" character. He's listed with Banjo and James Bond under rare characters. And since he wasnt adding either of the most popular Rare characters, he could have thought "Why bother?"
I still think Diddy was going to be in, but pulled to be safe when Rare was leaving. It would explain why he doesn't have a trophy. A playable character would scream lawsuit, but a trophy is just "oh well". (hence Dixie & K.Rool)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
IMHO NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii wasn't better than Mario Galaxy (1 or 2). It was good, but not that good. It was a bigger improvement from the 1st NEW Super Mario Bros. game than Galaxy 2 was from Galaxy 1, or even Galaxy 1 from Sunshine. Because quite frankly, NEW Super Mario Bros. wasn't that hard; I beat it in under 3 hours my first play through. The Wii NSMB game added more depth, powers, and allowed for lots of multiplayer fun.

@ Shortie
That was random... but I agree. Although to be fair, two other Nintendo titans (Wario and King Dedede) weren't playable in Melee for whatever reason as well. :ohwell:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What nickname?

Yes Diddy I do play Wang. I love playing as old men in fighting games

Speaking of voice chat, I wonder if the Wii U will have its own headset?

NSMB Wii had some great level designs

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakurai doesn't think Highly of Wario and he didn't want to overep kirby, so we have reasons for why they aren't in, but not Diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom