• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wasn't Rareware splitting up with Nintendo during that time? That could explain why

Maybe Diddy along with all the other Rare characters couldn't get in because of legal troubles

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
The Wii U had has a voice/video clip thing, so that could literally be our "headset." That or a headset (or ear buds) could plug into it! :laugh:

But yeah, I can't wait to trash talk the heck out of you beaches!!!

@ Shortie
Correction: Sakurai doesn't think highly of Wario Land, which is stupid; he loves Wario Ware (it kinda got old fairly fast IMHO). As for King Dedede, eh, there was only 1 Kirby character. Still, it probably was just another thing that meant Sakurai was simply being "humble."

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, in the Japanese version of Melee the Perfect Dark weapons were listed if they were from Perfect Dark.

In the NTSC (North and South America) and PAL (Europe, Australia, etc.) versions of Melee, the Perfect Dark weapons were listed as "TOP SECRET."

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nine, that Mad Dawgz controller is old news... >.>

Also, we shouldn't look past the Wii U Pro Pad without trying it out yet. Sure, it has a new layout, but we should still "try it out" to see if it works.

...plus we could always just find a USB plug port or whatever thing for the GameCube controller's cord.

@ Vatti
Iwata knows what he is talking about!!!

So NON-SPECIFIC ACTION FIGURE marches ONNNWWWWARRRDDDD TO VICTTTORRRRYYYYY!!!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can't play Mario Galaxy with three friends and beat it together in one night to be remembered always.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well Sakurai having a distaste for Wario Land and a love for WarioWare does make some sense. In Brawl, WarioWare has a ton of rep, while Wario Land only gets one or two stickers. Although being bias to one series does seem a little inappropriate within a crossover setting like Super Smash Bros.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakurai said he was afraid to add Wario into Brawl because he didn't think Wario was very popular. He's been doubtful about Wario for a while.

Oasis, who pranked us?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...I don't think he had a particular love for WarioWare, just that he felt WarioWare set him apart from Mario. Didn't he ask himself whether or not adding Wario in Brawl was a good decision just after the first trailer was released?

Wasn't about Land or Ware. It was about Wario.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Nine, that Mad Dawgz controller is old news... >.>

Also, we shouldn't look past the Wii U Pro Pad without trying it out yet. Sure, it has a new layout, but we should still "try it out" to see if it works.

...plus we could always just find a USB plug port or whatever thing for the GameCube controller's cord.

@ Vatti
Iwata knows what he is talking about!!!

So NON-SPECIFIC ACTION FIGURE marches ONNNWWWWARRRDDDD TO VICTTTORRRRYYYYY!!!!!

Hadn't heard of this gosh lol
and will the WiiU Pro control seems awkward i mean how would you Dair/Fair/Bair/Uair with that? D:

and well about plugging the gamecube control through usb i really doubt that would work cuz you would need the chip the wiiu controls will be using....

yani

Smash Lord
Wasn't Wario being considered a Mario clone in Melee? Could have sworn I saw that, but he decided not to overrep Mario.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
C'mon, the only character arguably as wanted for Smash Bros. that was a Nintendo 1st or 2nd party character as Wario was Diddy Kong. We were going to get Wario either way. And to be quite frank, I think we got the worst incarnation of Wario... especially judging by how awesome Wario is in Project M with DAT SHOULDER BASH and a down smash that isn't total crap.

@ Nine
I know. I just like giving people here a hard time. :p
As for the Wii U Pro Pad, I'm just saying let's try it out before throwing it out. That's all. ;)

But yeah, someone will find a way to get our GameCube controller to be usable in Smash Wii U. :grin:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sakurai doesn't like Wario Land much
Wario= Only a trophy in Melee
Sakurai likes WarioWare, at least more than Wario Land
WarioWare= came after Melee but before Brawl
Wario= Playable character in Brawl

So I guess Wario didn't make it into Melee because of Sakurai's bias? And since he doesn't think highly of Wario Land, I guess we can rule out Captain Syrup becoming a playable character, huh (she didn't have much of a chance, anyway)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Galaxy is inherently WAAAY better than NSMB, the fact that multiplayer doesn't stink real bad in the latter doesn't really make it better. The designs were great on the Wii, and the U one seems either a continuance or improvement on that.

Also, where are they discussing Project P-100? @_@ I want to hear about it!!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Everything Wario in Melee and Brawl was either Wario himself, the most important stuff from Wario Land, or from Wario Ware. The stage, the Assist Trophy stage, and all of the music was from Wario Ware. It was total crap. There are all kinds of great Wario Land tunes, characters, and locations that should and could be used in smash.

@ Holder
I bring up Project P-100 all the time.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
C'mon, the only character arguably as wanted for Smash Bros. that was a Nintendo 1st or 2nd party character as Wario was Diddy Kong. We were going to get Wario either way. And to be quite frank, I think we got the worst incarnation of Wario... especially judging by how awesome Wario is in Project M with DAT SHOULDER BASH and a down smash that isn't total crap.

@ Nine
I know. I just like giving people here a hard time. :p
As for the Wii U Pro Pad, I'm just saying let's try it out before throwing it out. That's all. ;)

But yeah, someone will find a way to get our GameCube controller to be usable in Smash Wii U. :grin:
i am gonna give it a try but im probably gonna go with MadCatz control lol

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I quite hate Sakurai's bias affecting so much things. Fans still eat it up as what Nintendo is corely about. Now most think Wario came mostly from WarioWare-series and WarioLand-games have fallen to severe obscurity for casuals due Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't make a difference. If the inclusion gives a better appeal to a game then why not do it. As much as I don't want Miis OR AC characters, Miis from an economical standpoint, the standpoint Nintendo itself at this point in time (looking at the drop in stocks) cares about the most, would be the smartest move.
Sure, if you only factor in sales from games, and ignore what fans truly desire.
In which case, it is much more reasonable and economical to include someone like Toad instead of someone like Ridley. Why? Because Toad is from the Mario series, which is great on total sales, while Metroid is not nearly as high.
What's that? Fans want Ridley more? Too bad, Toad is more logical economically. :troll:
Just like Mii vs. AC character.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Nine
I am gonna give the Wii U Pro Pad a try too, but I'm probably gonna go with the GameCube controller and taunt you with it's superiority over the Mad Catz Wii U Pro Pad.

:p

D

Deleted member

...I don't think he had a particular love for WarioWare, just that he felt WarioWare set him apart from Mario. Didn't he ask himself whether or not adding Wario in Brawl was a good decision just after the first trailer was released?

Wasn't about Land or Ware. It was about Wario.
If this is true, then this is a legitimate argument against Waluigi. The first one I've heard in FOREVER. :laugh:

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
@ Nine
I am gonna give the Wii U Pro Pad a try too, but I'm probably gonna go with the GameCube controller and taunt you with it's superiority over the Mad Catz Wii U Pro Pad.

:p
thats if there is a way to use the gamecube control then ill go with that lol

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Nine
Well from what we know (although this isn't 100% confirmed), the Wii U has USB outlets for controller plugs. Seeing as how we have USB cord extensions for GameCube controllers for Smash 64, we already got this in the bag. I know it isn't hard at all to find such things on eBay, Amazon, etc. on the internet for pretty cheap. ;)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If this is true, then this is a legitimate argument against Waluigi. The first one I've heard in FOREVER. :laugh:
Yeah, when I say "we don't need another guy in overalls," it's because he's visually similar to Mario, Luigi, AND Wario, and he's not cool enough to get away with it. Sometimes it's fine to make room for popular characters like those, but in Waluigi's case he doesn't really add anything to the roster as a whole. Have to look at "variety" from various angles.

Like, Toad isn't anything special, but he's not a plumber, a paper plumber, or a koopa. So he kind of wins by default.

AND WARIO HAD A HARD ENOUGH TIME BECOMING WORTHY IN SAKURAI'S EYES, so Waluigi is just not going to happen ever.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
@Johnknight1
Well Hope it does happen I hope the next Smash Bros is better than brawl lol
and if possible be as technical as Melee

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Wasn't Wario being considered a Mario clone in Melee? Could have sworn I saw that, but he decided not to overrep Mario.
yep. also said that Clones were the reason why Dedede didn't get in Melee.

so it was Pichu's fault.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What nickname?

Yes Diddy I do play Wang. I love playing as old men in fighting games

Speaking of voice chat, I wonder if the Wii U will have its own headset?

NSMB Wii had some great level designs
I love playing as teenage girls and Mexicans in fighting games. This does not apply to Smash since neither are in Smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Nine
Well, Sakurai did all or nearly all of the balancing in Brawl because of the new Smash Bros. staff (HAL Laboratories was busy screwing around with early stuff for various Kirby games that took forever to come out). That is why I think wasn't up to Melee's standards competitively and technically (although there are quite a few cool techniques in Brawl).

Plus if HAL Laboratories works on Smash Wii U and 3DS, I think that will mean we'll get a higher quality smash bros. games.

That and we got two games, instead of one. So the chance of us getting a game anywhere nearly as epic as Melee is doubled! :bee:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, when I say "we don't need another guy in overalls," it's because he's visually similar to Mario, Luigi, AND Wario, and he's not cool enough to get away with it. Sometimes it's fine to make room for popular characters like those, but in Waluigi's case he doesn't really add anything to the roster as a whole. Have to look at "variety" from various angles.

Like, Toad isn't anything special, but he's not a plumber, a paper plumber, or a koopa. So he kind of wins by default.

AND WARIO HAD A HARD ENOUGH TIME BECOMING WORTHY IN SAKURAI'S EYES, so Waluigi is just not going to happen ever.
Well, I'll still be holding out for Waluigi, but I now see that he's still got some hurdles that even fricking WARIO had to go through, and Wario was barely lucky with WarioWare...

Although, I wonder if this applies to other popular (non-Mario) choices as well....?
Like Dixie Kong. :troll:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
@Johnknight1
Well Hope it does happen I hope the next Smash Bros is better than brawl lol
and if possible be as technical as Melee
well let's see....

-said he's gonna focus more on Gameplay and features this time
-has the whole Sora team helping him with balance
-showed he can balance things better now with the weapons in KI(though some people B**** about clubs)
-Wii-U is focusing on a much better mix of Casual and Hardcore market then Wii
-Wii-U/3DS have better online

along with this,all they need to do is scrap tripping and it will be 40% better then Brawl already.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sure, if you only factor in sales from games, and ignore what fans truly desire.
In which case, it is much more reasonable and economical to include someone like Toad instead of someone like Ridley. Why? Because Toad is from the Mario series, which is great on total sales, while Metroid is not nearly as high.
What's that? Fans want Ridley more? Too bad, Toad is more logical economically. :troll:
Just like Mii vs. AC character.
Impa is also more logical economically than Ridley. :awesome:

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Like Dixie Kong. :troll:
Actually, that's why I've always said Dixie will be similar to Diddy, and K. Rool would have priority over her despite Dixie being planned for Brawl.

Though... I've been conflicted about me putting Dixie before Toad. Maybe I should just come to terms with my bias.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm kinda worried about Dixie Kong

I want her in, but it just sorta troubles me that instead of trying to put her in Brawl as a seperate character, he just scrapped her altogether when the idea of putting her and Diddy together as a tag team didn't work out

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of Project Sora, is it the same team that worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising working on Super Smash Bros. 4, or is it an entirely new group of developers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom