• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ GoldenYuiitusin (mostly in regard to your response/relationship with shortie and kinda on your rant with Hoots)
Regardless, you gotta calm down and keep your points simple and posts short. That leads to less rage being shown. Also, you can learn to just let things slide. Getting angry doesn't fix things, help things, or make anyone feel better. It is getting way blown out of proportion now that you are not just expressing it, but continuing to express it, and blowing it out of proportion.

@ Iblis
Then please, continue.

D

Deleted member

@ GoldenYuiitusin (mostly in regard to your response/relationship with shortie and kinda on your rant with Hoots)
Regardless, you gotta calm down and keep your points simple and posts short. That leads to less rage being shown. Also, you can learn to just let things slide. Getting angry doesn't fix things, help things, or make anyone feel better. It is getting way blown out of proportion now that you are not just expressing it, but continuing to express it, and blowing it out of proportion.
Just because I make long posts, doesn't mean they have rage.
I just tend to have a lot to say.
It's something you tend to be guilty of too, you know. :smirk:

JPW

Smash Ace
i reckon Waluigi could have quite a fun moveset.

Make him use his Stomp. Give him a Tennis Racquet and Golf Club and build moves around that. He could even slap with his hands.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is going to be the gayest suggestion ever but they should make all projectiles super spammy and have high hit and blockstun.

Seriously though, I would love it if SING! was turned into a Broadway themed game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ augustoflores
I take it you are addicted to Nintendo Land; specifically Donkey Kong's Crash Course and Luigi's Ghost Mansion! :laugh:

Also, how was Ninja Gaiden III (the PS3/360 edition was "meah" IMO), Razor's Edge (never heard of it), ZombiU, and Project P-100=???

@ Golden
It's just when I'm mad, I keep my posts short and to the point. If I write long posts when I'm mad, it is much easier to have my anger leak out in ways I don't want it to.

That's not to say you shouldn't post long posts when you aren't mad. And that was just a suggestion. You can take it or leave it as you may.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
This is going to be the gayest suggestion ever but they should make all projectiles super spammy and have high hit and blockstun.

Seriously though, I would love it if SING! was turned into a Broadway themed game.
needs more Divekicks.

D

Deleted member

@ augustoflores
I take it you are addicted to Nintendo Land; specifically Donkey Kong's Crash Course and Luigi's Ghost Mansion! :laugh:

Also, how was Ninja Gaiden III (the PS3/360 edition was "meah" IMO), Razor's Edge (never heard of it), ZombiU, and Project P-100=???

@ Golden
It's just when I'm mad, I keep my posts short and to the point. If I write long posts when I'm mad, it is much easier to have my anger leak out in ways I don't want it to.

That's not to say you shouldn't post long posts when you aren't mad. And that was just a suggestion. You can take it or leave it as you may.
I see. *strokes imaginary long white beard*
So what you're saying is to only avoid making long posts when angered.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
Yes. If you are angry, keep your point simple and short, and imagine it before you type. When I'm not angry (which is nearly all of the time), I literally type freely. Seeing as how I can type super faster, this allows me to, in a way, "leak out" my emotions... which is why sometimes my posts are funny when I don't mean them to be, and why sometimes you can tell I'm in such a playful mood or if I am super hyper or tired (like last night, which is why my editing and points were bad). :laugh:

If I'm manipulating you so positively, it is because I am really good at psychology. :cool: I am also good at psychicology! I have blown up many cars with my mind! :chuckle:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What do you think we can include into smash assuming these controllers analong stick are clickable? I'm thinking maybe new addition direction to add to normals and special attacks? Or maybe a complete 4 more. Regular utilt, dtilt, and ftilts, and now *utilt, *dtilts, *ftilts, the * meaning the analog stick is clicked in during the direction change.
I don't like the idea of clickable sticks being used in fighting games outside of macros.

By the way, check out Virtua Fighter if you want to see potential things for new attack inputs, and that game uses only three buttons. Speaking of which, along with P and K attack inputs, there's also P+G (throws), P+K, K+G, and P+K+G inputs as well. I'm still amazed they packed in so much with just three buttons.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Okay, so... Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge,
It plays just like Ninja Gaiden III on Xbox 360, all the options from the 360 are in this one. The touch screen literally feels like an add on. My only gripe is that the right joystick is above the face buttons. It doesn't feel natural yet. I have the mentality where when I want to look around, I slide down my thumb... luckily I circumvented it by using the R button which changes the view point behind Ryu's Head. Can I adapt, or what?

Project P-100,
MMMmmmmmnnnnn... nyaaahhh... it's not my cup of tea. I personally don't like the game... like at all. As an artist, all that I couldn't unsee was the lack of textures, boring character design (opinionated), lazy mouth animation from places where characters talk with their portrait at the side... i would have rather had a still portrait to accompany the text.

and capture the flag mode of ZombiU
okay, here i used the Pro controller... my opponent used the Tablet... he was the zombie king and got to control where zombeez went and where they spawned.
as a survivor, i had to kill dem zombeez with a shotty, a very crappy crossbow (hate that piece of sh--), and a handgun.

the pro controller feels just like the 360... my only gripe is the same as the wii U game pad... the right joystick is above the face buttons.

i don't like what i played... it was boring to me. im hoping the wii u screen was more fun... but i won't be getting this game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What do you think we can include into smash assuming these controllers analong stick are clickable? I'm thinking maybe new addition direction to add to normals and special attacks? Or maybe a complete 4 more. Regular utilt, dtilt, and ftilts, and now *utilt, *dtilts, *ftilts, the * meaning the analog stick is clicked in during the direction change.
Honestly, I would rather keep smash the way it was with simple attacks. Maybe add one attack (like a Z-air for all characters, or a back smash). I think not having 8 aerials/tilts/smash attacks makes smash easier to balance, to get into, and why there are so many characters. Also, maybe clicking down the C-stick could be the new way to use your final smash.

Despite me being against 8-direction attacks, I must admit I do like the idea of having 8 different grab throw directions. That would be pretty cool, and I think would setup more offense and combos, and would also make the post-grab gameplay more interesting, unpredictable, and interesting. It just seems simple to add, and yet it could add so much.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
That actually used to be my grandfather's nickname because he was long, his name was John (I'm named after my two grandfathers), and he had silver hair!

Plus he was bald by age 19, the way his voice sounded was kinda funny, and he walked like a pirate! :laugh:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Kuma:Marcos are terrible for competitive play and you know it. My idea is better XD but my point stands click-ins isn't terribly unaccesable.

@John: Yes having more direction over throws would be nice. Also I didn't think about the balancing when I did that. Hmmmm but when you put it that way, how do you expand on a formula to create more depth without breaking the system? This is the time-old question for all game sequels, am I wrong? Humor the idea, it's only at max 8 extra moves to add-in to the game.

Sakurai won't be breaking his back because he won't be doing an one man show on the balancing. Also it would be smart for him and the crew not to get pressured into releasing too early because of fan demand like Brawl. So if they were not to fall under pressure adding such features would be able to be tested because they had time.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hate macros myself. I'm just saying I can't see it be used for anything else in a fast paced fighting game.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
@John

@Kuma: Too bad in the Arc right now if your not an Uchiha you are worthless, Naruto is basically weak as hell compared to them
wellin Brawl, when they set B attacks to the C-stick we found Wave bouncing, so maybe we can find something hidden here as well?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You can do wave bouncing without B-sticking it. It's a shortcut basically. But...I guess you could do that.

@Kuma: Clickity-Click

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Okay, so... Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge,
It plays just like Ninja Gaiden III on Xbox 360, all the options from the 360 are in this one. The touch screen literally feels like an add on.
By add on, do you mean the touch screen makes the game better=??? Also, did Ninja Gaiden III feel more "complete" than the Xbox 360 edition=??? Or was it merely a port=???
Project P-100,
I personally don't like the game... like at all.
This game seemed like the only Wii U game that might be released in 2013. The studio behind it, Platinum Games, has a tendency of "delayed games" that turn out great.
the pro controller feels just like the 360... my only gripe is the same as the wii U game pad... the right joystick is above the face buttons.
Do you think we could get used to this type of controller=???

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
...with time, my young padawan. Train your thumb against the dark path of the downstroke. Slide up and you will know what it truly means to be dedicated to the way of Nintendo.

seriously, if you train yourself, consider yourself dead in a game of halo when you go back to the 360.

also, here's a great overview on takamaru's game... thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIHmiIMSDI&feature=g-u-u

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes having more direction over throws would be nice.
Those are the easiest moves to add (maybe 80 frames at most per character), easiest to balance, and the easiest to put in. 8 directions of taunts would be a nice Easter Egg. :cool:
Also I didn't think about the balancing when I did that. Hmmmm but when you put it that way, how do you expand on a formula to create more depth without breaking the system? This is the time-old question for all game sequels, am I wrong?
Yeah. It seems like a great idea, and it really could create more depth. However, again, it is more to balance, more to keep in check and that testers have to test to make sure it works okay, more potential for super broken combos, there probably won't be DLC, there are 2 games to balance, and probably would eliminate a few character spots.
Humor the idea, it's only at max 8 extra moves to add-in to the game.
If it is just tilts and aerials, yes. However, it probably means less balance and characters. Ten there comes fan demand for 8 directions of everything else! :laugh:
Sakurai won't be breaking his back because he won't be doing an one man show on the balancing.
Yes, but it would still take up a lot of the development time. Plus, as previously mentioned, there are 2 games that would be required to do this to and balance.
Also it would be smart for him and the crew not to get pressured into releasing too early because of fan demand like Brawl. So if they were not to fall under pressure adding such features would be able to be tested because they had time.
That is why I want the game to take a long time to have a release date announced, and for it to be delayed, delayed, and delayed again. If Brawl had that, we'd have :roymelee: and :mewtwomelee:.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wonder if Non-Specific Action Figure is going to be the new "WTF" rep, seeing as Nintendo's higher-ups have acknowledged his sudden immense popularity....
Probably not, but it's more believable than Duck Hunt Dog/Mr. Peepers. :troll:
Yes.

Don't you guys know, it's Golden. There's a reason everyone unanimously told John "NO" when he suggested him in the DG.
Umm, I didn't?

Also, why is it suddenly Geno Vs. Waluigi?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Golden
That is what I was referring to. Although I believe the actual quote is:
GOD (known by us mere humans as "Shigeru Miyamoto") said:
A delayed game may eventually become good. A bad game is bad forever.
This isn't the exact quote, actually, but it sounds more right IMHO.
Still didn't save Duke Nuke 'Em Forever. :troll:

Edit: Another great quote from GOD:
GOD (known by us mere humans as "Shigeru Miyamoto") said:
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll.

D

Deleted member

Is it? I tried looking for the quote online and that's the first thing that popped up. :dizzy:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Watching this video on NFL.com highlighting players and some of their favorite old games. Doug Martin, a RB for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, listed Super Smash Bros as his favorite game. Nice to hear even big old NFL players have fond memories of SSB. Maybe somebody should challenge him to a game. >.>

I also didn't expect you of all people Star to get a NSAF avi. lol

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah. It seems like a great idea, and it really could create more depth. However, again, it is more to balance, more to keep in check and that testers have to test to make sure it works okay, more potential for super broken combos, there probably won't be DLC, there are 2 games to balance, and probably would eliminate a few character spots.
At the same time, more moves means more diversity, and I still wish that characters were not bound to a mold for move slots. I'd like to see Link get a back flip that can be canceled into.

Actually, assuming the rosters and mechanics are the same, there is technically only one game to balance.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't see why people would be upset with more New SMB. The one on the Wii was amazing, better than Galaxy (true inarguable statement), so it's like having that + MORE. And it's AT LAUNCH.

If it has online four-player with voice chat... Oh man.
They don't like it because they were bad at it and died all the time. Definatly not Strong.

New one looks good. Defiantly needs online though.

I quite hate Sakurai's bias affecting so much things. Fans still eat it up as what Nintendo is corely about. Now most think Wario came mostly from WarioWare-series and WarioLand-games have fallen to severe obscurity for casuals due Brawl.
The man tries to cram as many series into the game as he can. Some stuff will get left out. Brawl had 17 Nintendo series with characters and SSB4 will break 20 easy.

No Advance Wars is a greater injustice.

I wonder if Non-Specific Action Figure is going to be the new "WTF" rep, seeing as Nintendo's higher-ups have acknowledged his sudden immense popularity....
Probably not, but it's more believable than Duck Hunt Dog/Mr. Peepers. :troll:
Be more fun than Peepers. Be interesting as he would be the first Smash made character. Doubtful since Sakurai usually does stuff from games. Still be cool.

Watching this video on NFL.com highlighting players and some of their favorite games as a kid. Doug Martin, a RB for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, listed Super Smash Bros as his favorite game. Nice to hear even big old NFL players have fond memories of SSB. Maybe somebody should challenge him to a game. >.>
YEAH. That's why the Bucs are the best. Tampa all the way.
Too bad they suck.

D

Deleted member

Well, guess we just have to hope that N-SAF gets his own game then, so that he could be another R.O.B. (starting out as a real life thing, then becomeing a game character)

Either that, or hope N-SAF starts cameoing in various titles like R.O.B. did.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
D

Deleted member