• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Come on diddy,we understand,you like impa,but stop trying to shove it up our ***** and keep it for yours,she may be a good character,but she definitly isn't a good pick.Ghirahim,whatever how much of a good pick it would be,is still a better pick than impa,and he didn't force me to type that,nor did holder.

At least you wouldn't be seen as so annoying if you weren't saying it's better than most and wanted her to replace sheik (wich is like 125th in a list of 100 000 000 stupid things),that would give people a much better opinion about you,not that you are hated or anything,but annoying,yes.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Come on diddy,we understand,you like impa,but stop trying to shove it up our ***** and keep it for yours,she may be a good character,but she definitly isn't a good pick.Ghirahim,whatever how much of a good pick it would be,is still a better pick than impa,and he didn't force me to type that,nor did holder.

At least you wouldn't be seen as so annoying if you weren't saying it's better than most and wanted her to replace sheik (wich is like 125th in a list of 100 000 000 stupid things),that would give people a much better opinion about you,not that you are hated or anything,but annoying,yes.
You've restated what everyone else has said in the past.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Now you're an egg?
I wish I was an egg. Then I could have me some good scrambled eggs...
...Oh wait. :c

EDIT: Some Pokemon news on Keldeo.

~Serebii~
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - Keldeo Form?

With special thanks to our good friend Gin, we have learned that a bit of merchandise has listed Keldeo as being in its "Usual Forme". This indicates that Keldeo is to receive a new form within Black 2 & White 2. This factors in with hints from CoroCoro about Keldeo being engulfed in light during battle in the movie and its special power being revealed next month. We'll show information on if it will have a form when CoroCoro arrives in a few days.

Why does everyone have a new form? Christ, next thing you know, Green, Lance, and others are going to return...
...Oh snap, that's right. They are.

@Oasis below: What?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Doesn't it seem rather sad that we're not able to control how the Smash 4 development will work out?! I'm pretty sure a lot of us would like to be in Sakurai's shoes right about now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Doesn't it seem rather sad that we're not able to control how the Smash 4 development will work out?! I'm pretty sure a lot of us would like to be in Sakurai's shoes right about now.

I really think of our word was more observed, we'd have a better roster than what there was in the past, definatly.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I do wonder what was with that. It seems like Sakurai had already finalized the roster by then, so maybe he just wanted to confirm that his ideas were for the most part in line with what people wanted. He did go out of his way to include the one overwhelmingly popular character, Sonic, so maybe he also wanted to be sure that single NUMBER ONE character made it in too.

Of course, he doesn't look at the poll just for playable characters. Assist Trophies, Trophies, Stickers, whatever other kind of cameo... he wants to be sure he includes as many characters as possible in any way, shape, or form to please as many fans as possible.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So, I missed some stuff like the Waluigi vs. Geno war and Diddy chimping Impa out again and the NSAF meme is still going on. Okay, anyway... I also wonder if Sakurai already picked out which veterans will return or not and which characters will be newcomers. Maybe when Sakurai has his SSB4 poll, it will be for Assist Trophies, trophies, and stickers and to see if his newcomer choices match with most of the fans.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Gosh, I wouldn't want to attend that poll for that.

I still say it, I wish they'd make Assist Trophies more than Pokeballs.

Marvel Vs Capcom's Summonables > Assist Trophies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Just a quick thought, what do you guys think about side events like Homerun contest and the like but it requires the game pad? I'm just entertaining the idea since it's highly likely we will end up having such a thing. My question is, what exactly would they make out of it?

An advanced version of board the platforms?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Just a quick thought, what do you guys think about side events like Homerun contest and the like but it requires the game pad? I'm just entertaining the idea since it's highly likely we will end up having such a thing. My question is, what exactly would they make out of it?

An advanced version of board the platforms?
They should definitely make the side events like board the platforms and hit the targets much more challenging than they have been.

Also, they need to bring back unique hit the target stages exclusive for each character and bring back board the platforms.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
@Side Events- I've come up with a way to differentiate the Pro pad with the tablet. I'll be referring to the main controller as the Padlet to avoid confusion (at least on my end)

So I presume that this utility is based on realtime battles and the person controlling with the Padlet behaves as the omnipotent overseer to the arena?

In that case, the inventory would probably be designed with strategic elements to the user's disposal; concepts found in stages such as PictoChat or Wario Ware, Inc perhaps?

On a side note

I find this puzzling, ya'll will rant and rave about how they disprove of high tension arguments, yet still find it necessary to provide a rerun of the events when matters have been settled.

John said:
Honestly, the current system seems fine.
My thoughts worded perfectly.

Hopefully the matter of balancing is not based around how many moves they can throw in the mix but around how to further adapt different types of characters in their accessibility. Options are nice, but not to the extent that the only reason you choose one character over another is due to how flashy their ensemble is.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Maybe you increase the chance of a broken grab. However, it doesn't really make the game any bit more grab dependent, unless one of the new grabs is a chain grab or there is like a tech chase of new grabs. Other than that, the "grab game" after the grab (or as I call it, the "post-grab game") is more interesting, and has more dynamics and dimensions to it. I don't see a negative consequence, unless these grabs have combos or grab combos that are broken. Given that the 4 angles are diagonal makes such a scenario doubtful.
Chances? Just implement a grab break mechanic. You know? Like every other fighting game, even TMNT Smash Up, has.

And please explain this "post grab game".

Honestly, the current system seems fine. Melee added a move (forward special), optional Z-air moves, and two new grab throw directions, but that's it. In Brawl, the only thing else we got was Final Smash. Jumping so far ahead of ourselves seems a little rushed, don't you think=??? That's why adding 4 grab throws, a Z-cancel, and maybe give Final Smashes(s) a button(s) would be much simpler. Let's not just suddenly double everyone's attacks. Because if we do, we're not going to get less characters than we had in Brawl.
It may be simpler, but I doubt it's the best solution. Not to say my proposal's any better of course.

D

Deleted member

@nLiM8d: That gives me an idea that like how Rayman Legends can have 4 players while a 5th player using the tablet can help out in some ways, there is a new stage that replaces Pictochat; Swapnote. While 4 players are fighting, a 5th can draw on the stage using the tablet for the lulz.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I've not heard of a Swapnote, does it have anything to do with Scribblenaughts?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
They should definitely make the side events like board the platforms and hit the targets much more challenging than they have been.

Also, they need to bring back unique hit the target stages exclusive for each character and bring back board the platforms.
Yes but that wasn't what I was getting at...

@Side Events- I've come up with a way to differentiate the Pro pad with the tablet. I'll be referring to the main controller as the Padlet to avoid confusion (at least on my end)

So I presume that this utility is based on realtime battles and the person controlling with the Padlet behaves as the omnipotent overseer to the arena?

In that case, the inventory would probably be designed with strategic elements to the user's disposal; concepts found in stages such as PictoChat or Wario Ware, Inc perhaps?

On a side note

I find this puzzling, ya'll will rant and rave about how they disprove of high tension arguments, yet still find it necessary to provide a rerun of the events when matters have been settled.
Skype please. My internet has been actually running for more than a hour today LOL

And yes, Board The Platforms to a destination actually. The gamepad player has to help guide the on screen player. Something that I'm guessing

Chances? Just implement a grab break mechanic. You know? Like every other fighting game, even TMNT Smash Up, has.

And please explain this "post grab game".

It may be simpler, but I doubt it's the best solution. Not to say my proposal's any better of course.
We have a grab break mechanic, I think it's like 60 inputs for every 20% or something like that.

Orion I see you. Do you ever get on skype? My AIM has been compromised for a while now V___V

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
may video games are gonna be virtual reality
What this is I don't even..oh grammar

Except that's really stupid.
In your opinion, it doesn't change the fact it's still there. It's not extremely difficult either, especially when you are able to customize your control settings. Set D-pad to movements and basically thumb roll that while pressing other buttons. I honestly think it makes more sense to make it harder to break grabs at high precents. It follows some type of stamina or fatigue status. Lol, logic being in games for once.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In your opinion, it doesn't change the fact it's still there. It's not extremely difficult either, especially when are able to customize your control settings. Set D-pad to movements and basically thumb roll that while pressing other buttons. I honestly think it makes more sense to make it harder to break grabs at high precents. It follows some type of stamina or fatigue status. Lol, logic being in games for once.
It may be more realistic, but it's not fun to me. I don't see the characters moving slower or their attacks being weaker at higher percentages.

And lol for bringing up the one thing everyone hates about Pokemon Trainer and turning it into a positive.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It may be more realistic, but it's not fun to me. I don't see the characters moving slower or their attacks being weaker at higher percentages.

And lol for bringing up the one thing everyone hates about Pokemon Trainer and turning it into a positive.
Inconsistencies can be fun in gaming and this is one of them imo :p

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
How is it fun to mash out of a grab when a single button press at the right time is so much easier?
Very, it reminds me of DragonBallZ Budokai 1-3.

However, as I was getting my pizza I thought of something. What if you just within a 3 frame period select the direction as the person throwing you and make that into a grab break? At the same time you could still keep button mashing for those who won't throw you.

Compromise.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Very, it reminds me of DragonBallZ Budokai 1-3.

However, as I was getting my pizza I thought of something. What if you just within a 3 frame period select the direction as the person throwing you and make that into a grab break? At the same time you could still keep button mashing for those who won't throw you.

Compromise.
Actually, you'd want to do your input in the opposite direction of their throw.

It's kind of like the throw breaks I've seen in 3D fighters. The problem with this is that 2D fighters generally have much fewer frames per animation. A jab may be 3 frames in a 2D fighter, but it may be 10 or 11 in a 3D fighter. It really depends on how the reaction times are set up. If we go back to that pause in 64, your idea would be doable. Otherwise, it's a constant 4 way guess every single time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You get the gist of what I'm getting at. I think opening the timeframe would break grab release though, I can't really see it going over 5 frames max.

Or it could be like Ukemi'ing in Melee. If you input L/R too early it won't read it as a grab break for the next 10 frames (I won't copy Ukemi'ing completely because 20 frames would be over doing it.) So like I said before 5 frames max for breaking the grab once the throw is inputted.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What Diddy said:
I don't. Trust me.
What Diddy meant to say (deep down in his heart of hearts):
I don't trust me because Impa has taken over my life.
Folks, Impa is a disease. A disease that destroys lives, dreams, and families. If you, a family member, friend, or loved one has been struck by this disease, you fear that they may, or you just want information, please call us, at 1-800-IMPA-IS-EVIL. We have people ready to help you, counsel you, comfort you, get appointments for you, or get you into a clinic.

Because the only way to stop Impa is to realize that Impa isn't important, isn't that unique, and isn't happening in Smash Bros. Together, we can beat this disease, once and for all.

*Paid for in part by the Smash World Forums, the Stop the Spread of the Impa Epidemic Disease Campaign Health Center, and Impa Addicts Anonymous Counsel of Smashville*

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ That is a great summary of the political situation in Uganda Iblis. It really inspired me. ;) :grin: :laugh:
Hopefully the matter of balancing is not based around how many moves they can throw in the mix but around how to further adapt different types of characters in their accessibility. Options are nice, but not to the extent that the only reason you choose one character over another is due to how flashy their ensemble is.
Yeah, that is agreeable. However, IMHO we shouldn't just make characters different just to be different. Like we shouldn't say give Falco a new down air just to make him less like Fox (new animations is a different story). We should give him a new down air because it fits his moveset, play style, and "character" better than his current one.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Honestly, it's not the Impa I hate. Heck, I don't even hate Diddy for talking about her so much. What irks me most about the situation is how big a deal has been made of it. Everyone just likes something to rally against, and you guys found it in Diddy and Impa, regardless of how joking a nature the matter is treated with.

Actually, as far as SS Impa goes, you could even say I... like her. *gasps*

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom