• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Hey, remember that thing where Nintendo would say what 3 launch titles will be for the Wii U? well, it never said it was Nintendo games.... so if you're still guessing, there is a plethora of other games that may be filling in the spaces.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
God, that was actually almost a year ago now. I would like to think I've become smarter and more a ***** since then.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i've been meaning to ask about this ever since i saw it in someone's sig... the hell is Begnion? what is that? why does it relate to the Black Knight? (i didn't get far in FE: Path of Radiance)

If a list is all you here you go:

DRILL DOZER TROPHY LIST
1. Jill
2. Drill Dozer
3. Big Boss Doug
4. Gearmo
5. Grutch
6. Skrull gang
7. Professor
8. Croog
9. Detective Carrie
10. Commissioner
11. Magnet Sister
12 Jill's Mom
13. Scorpion Dozer
14. Carrie's handcuff mech (this has a name on the japanes site, but not in english)
15. Red Gears

There's actually a lot more characters in the game then I remember actually.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey, remember that thing where Nintendo would say what 3 launch titles will be for the Wii U? well, it never said it was Nintendo games.... so if you're still guessing, there is a plethora of other games that may be filling in the spaces.
It is pretty well assumed they are Nintendo IP's considering there are not only going to be three third party launch titles. Just saying.

I just dug through some of the old threads in the BR, does anyone remember P.C.A.M.? :laugh:

We've come a long way. :cool:
That was the summer I was bored out of my mind and thought "what the heck, why not? Heck, maybe I'll accomplish something." Well, I did succeed in one thing, and that was make Slime a respectable topic. To some degree anyways...

God, that was actually almost a year ago now. I would like to think I've become smarter and more a ***** since then.
And sassier. Which also starts with "S".

SPeaking of sas, I'm about to throw down on NeoGAF. Got to keep my cool.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And sassier. Which also starts with "S".

SPeaking of sas, I'm about to throw down on NeoGAF. Got to keep my cool.

I also won "Mr. Cute" in the Smash World Forum Beauty Pagent. Go me, go me.

So, got cute, became a *****, and got smarter. That's all I've done since that summer.

The same freaking point I've been trying to make for the past hour or two. Except with a little bit more effort.
Good luck! I usually just say, "You're an idiot if you don't get this, and I'm done" after three times explaining something to dumb internet folk.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The same freaking point I've been trying to make for the past hour or two. Except with a little bit more effort and eloquence (lol).
Do that brevity thing that Toise always does. It's really cool and Strong.

@Shorts: I called you cute the other day and you didn't do anything at all. I was very disappointed.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Do that brevity thing that Toise always does. It's really cool and Strong.
"You're dumb." Works for me.

Yeah, I think I'm fighting an uphill battle right now. Remember all those times where Sakurai would say something pre-Brawl and we misconstrued it into something else? Well, it's happening again folks. The cycle has officially begun anew.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"
Yeah, I think I'm fighting an uphill battle right now. Remember all those times where Sakurai would say something pre-Brawl and we misconstrued it into something else? Well, it's happening again folks. The cycle has officially begun anew.
Jump in the cool kids car. Me and Oasis are here, we've got caaaaaandy~

And I'm sorry Oasis you know you're my main ho FO LYFE.

I dunno, it's been happening since that one translation said "customize your character."

Maybe you can customize your character into a female or a villain to meet the quota.
I think he means customize the Miis.

So Im pretty sure it's customize B moves.

It has nothing to do with the stickers, idiots.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I dunno, it's been happening since that one translation said "customize your character."

Maybe you can customize your character into a female or a villain to meet the quota.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Jump in the cool kids car. Me and Oasis are here, we've got caaaaaandy~

And I'm sorry Oasis you know you're my main ho FO LYFE.
Sounds like a Spongebob reference.

At the end of the day, I really don't care. Bring back Mewtwo, keep Wolf and Sonic, add Saki, K. Rool and Megaman; and I have my dream roster from years ago. If none of that happens I'm not really going to lose any sleep over it.

I don't know it just feels similar to when SamuraiPanda first released his translations of Sakurai's journal entries. I just am having that vibe.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sounds like a Spongebob reference.

At the end of the day, I really don't care. Bring back Mewtwo, keep Wolf and Sonic, add Saki, K. Rool and Megaman; and I have my dream roster from years ago. If none of that happens I'm not really going to lose any sleep over it.
Would you even buy the game then? I'm going to be completely honest, my interest in videogames is going downhill, and what's left of it is all focused on Fighting games. If Smash doesn't give me ANY characters I want, and it's not competitively balanced, I just won't buy it. I would have five years ago, but, I just don't care too much for videogames outside of fighters anymore.

And Smash is already a MEH fighter as it is.

And, I am known as Spongecakes on other sites, so maybe ;D

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't know it just feels similar to when SamuraiPanda first released his translations of Sakurai's journal entries. I just am having that vibe.
To be fair, I wonder how many people were doing what we are now when Sakurai said "The speed will be moderated" and... I don't remember exactly BUT MAKING AERIAL COMBAT BETTER.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Would you even buy the game then? I'm going to be completely honest, my interest in videogames is going downhill, and what's left of it is all focused on Fighting games. If Smash doesn't give me ANY characters I want, and it's not competitively balanced, I just won't buy it. I would have five years ago, but, I just don't care too much for videogames outside of fighters anymore.

Oh yeah, I'll still get it. I have my family and friends that I can play with, Smash Bros is always a fun game to play with others. Still, even though I tend to be a more clean cut nerd I'm still a nerd at the end of the day and I have my characters I like. :D

However, when I was a kid it was something that meant a lot to me. Now, not so much. Having a job and college work will do that to you. At 22 my priorities are different than at 16, naturally.

To be fair, I wonder how many people were doing what we are now when Sakurai said "The speed will be moderated" and... I don't remember exactly BUT MAKING AERIAL COMBAT BETTER.
Oh the garbage that ensued after that comment...

Another topic:

Fire Emblem: Awakening might just be three weeks away from becoming the best selling Fire Emblem in history in Japan.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
"You're dumb." Works for me.

So what's this all about.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So what's this all about.
I've been fighting an uphill battle against this:

Nintendo Power: With so much content packed into the previous Smash Bros. games, what difficulties do you encounter when creating a new one?

Sakurai: It isn't a matter of "if the next game has 50 characters, that'll be enough." There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance, and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and make them feel distinctive... In terms of quantity, we've probably already reached the limit of what's feasible. I think a change of direction might be what's needed.
I've been trying to explain that this doesn't mean anything different than what we knew before. This does not mean that we are suddenly destined for a forty character roster.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm with you Star, but I guess it's too be expected. People always take things so literally. I think I heard your explanation earlier today and you hit the mark.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I still have an interest in non-fighting games, it's just that the offerings being put out haven't been appealing to my preferences. Then there's the Wii being a stale console. I'm seriously considering to purchase TLS and Xenoblade once the WiiU comes out. I don't like playing my Wii much.

I do enjoy playing fighting games partially because the metagame is always changing and that in itself provides much replay value.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm with you Star, but I guess it's too be expected. People always take things so literally. I think I heard your explanation earlier today and you hit the mark.
I mean yeah if people were expecting a fifty-two plus roster, then there is a reason to be disappointed, but most of us were only speculating around 42-48 anyways. That is not that shocking.
------
Different points:

Mewtwo, King K Rool, Roy and Ridley are really the only unanimous choices I observe (Megaman as well, but for the sake of this discussion I'm setting him aside), so after those four everyone else velong to smaller groups. I still see Palutena getting in alongside Shulk, Little Mac and Takamaru (who I've recently changed opinion on). I'm not quite as certain about the latter three as I am the first, but I think they are strong contenders. Saki is up in the air, but I'm still placing my chips in his corner out of all of the Assist Trophies (regardless of his series performance). Mario characters are too much of a mess to wade through, and I'm not even sure if Sakurai has the desire to push for more when there really is no predominant fan support for any character.

The only characters I see at risk of being removed are Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Toon Link, Lucario and Ike. The way I see the pecking order is as follows, from likeliest to leave on the left to less likelier on the right..

Solid Snake > Toon Link > Sonic The Hedgehog > Ike > Lucario

We're still arguing about this without having a link to the whole article?
No, more like me filling someone in on what I've been wailing about.

I'm done editing.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Shortie about the trophies: Let me deal with following series:

-Kirby
-Starfy
-Rhythm Heaven
-Panel De Pon

/I know that's a lot of series, but I'm pretty knowledged around them, just sayin'/

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am similar to you. The only newcomers I really want to see added are Ridley and Mega Man. I want Mewtwo and Roy brought back too. I would prefer that no one from Brawl was cut too. If Ridley, Mega Man, Mewtwo, and Roy were added in Smash 4 I would be a happy camper.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am similar to you. The only newcomers I really want to see added are Ridley and Mega Man. I want Mewtwo and Roy brought back too. I would prefer that no one from Brawl was cut too. If Ridley, Mega Man, Mewtwo, and Roy were added in Smash 4 I would be a happy camper.
Yep, I'd settle for that too. Except with K. Rool and Saki.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Dixie, Palutena, or Krystal. And I'll be dandy. I need one at the very least.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On a side note, the next DLC lord for FE13 is Eirika from FE8. Looks like they turned her from a sword-lord into a staff-wielder.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Her hair is meh, but I love the dress. And the length of the staff is interesting.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is what a forty-four character roster can look like. Hopefully this will calm people down.

I would be fine with this roster.

@Starphoenix: If we're going by pretty much unanimous support, Ridley and Mega Man may not fit since Ridley support is pretty weak in Japan and there are those who oppose third-party in general, but I see where you're coming from.
Ridley support was actually pretty good in Japan prior to Brawl's release. I think it may be the same case as with Toad as the character is popular in Japan, but they think their chances for Smash 4 are hampered by their place within Smash Bros.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ridley support was actually pretty good in Japan prior to Brawl's release. I think it may be the same case as with Toad as the character is popular in Japan, but they think their chances for Smash 4 are hampered by their place within Smash Bros.

Well, with Ridley's case, prior to that interview, I don't think it would have been a wrong thing to think. I mean, clearly Sakurai hadn't thought much of Ridley in terms of playable material prior to that interview. Now, that may be different, but, thinking that prior to that interview would be a sound judgment.

As for Toad, I think, because he IS TOAD, I mean, TOAD. Sakurai couldn't have not thought of him all these years when making all these playable rosters. I think he's actively said "No" to the idea of Toad being playable three times already. I mean, this isn't some space dragon from Samus's game. This is TOAD. You don't make a Nintendo crossover game named after the Mario brothers without thinking about Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom